• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Predictions

Started by arkhoops94, July 30, 2014, 12:05:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhoops94

Want to know your predictions and which players to watch for in the 4-4A this year.
Teams in this conference are AR Baptist, Subiaco, Ozark, Pulaski Robinson, Dardenelle, Dover, Pottsville, and Clinton

BannerMountainMan

PASS

On the girls side, the 3 new teams to the league are all pretty good. Don't want to venture a prediction though because I haven't seen the others play.

On boys side, Baptist will be pretty good with a lot of size. Losing their coach will hurt in tight games though. New coach will probably end up being okay in a few years, but this is first varsity head coaching job.

Basketball14

I've seen Clinton play plenty times. Very beatable.

Basketball13

Boys side I imagine Ark. Baptist will finish first in the district, assuming the big boys are as good as people say.

My Alma Mater, Subiaco, is always well-coached by Tencleve and will be a front runner.

Ozark will probably be bottom half of the conference because of their youth, although they could surprise some teams.

Don't really know much about Clinton.

All the rest of the teams, IMO, don't really have some super skilled athletes and they should be fighting for the 3,4 and beyond.

centralarfan

Quote from: Basketball13 on October 13, 2014, 11:03:53 am
Boys side I imagine Ark. Baptist will finish first in the district, assuming the big boys are as good as people say.

My Alma Mater, Subiaco, is always well-coached by Tencleve and will be a front runner.

Ozark will probably be bottom half of the conference because of their youth, although they could surprise some teams.

Don't really know much about Clinton.

All the rest of the teams, IMO, don't really have some super skilled athletes and they should be fighting for the 3,4 and beyond.

+1

arkhoops94

does anybody know what Robinson has this year?

Jock

I agree, it should be an AR Baptist runaway for the next 2 for the next 2 seasons in a row. With two 7 footers down low, and Mcgonigal boys out front, they should coast into the state 4A championship

cdelaney

Quote from: Jock on October 22, 2014, 06:33:17 pm
I agree, it should be an AR Baptist runaway for the next 2 for the next 2 seasons in a row. With two 7 footers down low, and Mcgonigal boys out front, they should coast into the state 4A championship
ECS and AB are scheduled to play on Nov 24. But if ECS wins their first 2 FB playoff games that will have to be cancelled or rescheduled as there are only 3 varsity BB players who don't play football, and only 1 starter. Same thing happenned last yr and game couldn't be rescheduled due to the inclement weather days. Would be an interesting matchup

Basketball13

Quote from: Jock on October 22, 2014, 06:33:17 pm

I think it depends on how well the 7 footers are. Don't get me wrong, I've heard good things, but size can be shut down. Coaching is very important for Baptist since they've gotten a new one.

BannerMountainMan

Ark Baptist gonna have more time to practice and some other teams since they get their football boys over quicker

oldballer

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 31, 2014, 09:28:56 am
Ark Baptist gonna have more time to practice and some other teams since they get their football boys over quicker
It will be good to see them play in NWA during Thanksgiving break when they play Hickman MO at Bentonville High School.

BannerMountainMan

Clinton is looking very promising this year

kennyboy

Quote from: arkhoops94 on October 21, 2014, 07:49:41 pm
does anybody know what Robinson has this year?

Well... I don't think they have much at all.  The won a total of 2 games last year and I think they won 2 games the year before too.  Their 9th grade program as been struggling even more than the varsity team has, so I don't think they have much at all. 

arkhoops94

Ark Baptist beats Ozark 28-27. Tough game.

WattsOzark

I really enjoyed that game.

FlyingEagle24

Cossatot River over potsville by 28 in the Pangburn Classic.

LRRandy

Arkansas Baptist 45
Dardanelles 42 b

AB. 3-0 in conference.

Rob Van Winkle

Dover beat Clinton by about 8 last night in a VERY intense game. Dover is now 3-1 in conference.

LRRandy

Subiaco plays at Aransas Baptist tonight.

LRRandy

AB  46

Subiaco 35

AB 4-0 in conference.

LRRandy

Arkansas Baptist 72

Robinson  59

AB 5-0 in conference.

SteveWill

Pottsville SR Boys beat Clinton don't have a score sorry

arkhoops94

What is Robinson's record?

WattsOzark

1-4 in conference, I think.

LRRandy

Arkansas Baptist beat Dover at Dover tonight.

AB moves to 6-0 in conference.

LRRandy

At halftime Pottsville lead Arkansas Baptist 20-13

Pottsville came out playing hard and scrappy affecting AB in the half court.

After the break it was all Arkansas Baptist. AB out scored Pottsville 32-8 in the second half to win
45-28.

AB has now gone undefeated through the first half of district play at 7-0.

NoSize

Final
AB 45
Pottsville 28

Pottsville scored 8 points in the 2nd half.

WattsOzark

Ozark holds on and beats Dardenelle at home.

LRRandy

Quote from: LRRandy on January 20, 2015, 09:24:39 pm
At halftime Pottsville lead Arkansas Baptist 20-13

Pottsville came out playing hard and scrappy affecting AB in the half court.

After the break it was all Arkansas Baptist. AB out scored Pottsville 32-8 in the second half to win
45-28.

AB has now gone undefeated through the first half of district play at 7-0.
thats funny. A Pottsville fan gave negative Karma to two people that posted the AB v Pottsville score. I didn't think anything negative was said. I even complimented Pottsville on how hard they played at the start of the game. Face it, when you start 3 guys under 5' 8" you better hit some three's and pressure the ball or there are going to be a lot of long nights.

LRRandy

Arkansas Baptist 51
Subiaco 46
In OT @ Subiaco
AB improves to 8-0 in District

Rob Van Winkle

Dover beat Pottsville tonight and is 4-4 in conference play.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas