• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern vs Farmington

Started by THE D.O.C, March 09, 2014, 08:40:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THE D.O.C

How will these two teams match up?????????????

DerekOxford

Quote from: THE D.O.C on March 09, 2014, 08:40:41 pm
How will these two teams match up?????????????

Farmington has shooters and inside play to back it up. Malvern will have to play a complete game in order to win.

PASS

Farmington hasn't seen athleticism like Malvern has this year. Farmington will have to limit turnovers and keep Huell & Westbrook off of the offensive glass. Farmington's shooters will have to work extremely hard to get open looks against Malvern's suffocating man to man D. Malvern will need to get production from 6'3" post & control tempo. If Malvern's Baker is on this game won't be that close. I'm going with Malvern by 9.

THE D.O.C

March 10, 2014, 08:32:36 am #3 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 08:50:07 am by THE D.O.C
Quote from: PASS on March 10, 2014, 04:36:38 am
Farmington hasn't seen athleticism like Malvern has this year. Farmington will have to limit turnovers and keep Huell & Westbrook off of the offensive glass. Farmington's shooters will have to work extremely hard to get open looks against Malvern's suffocating man to man D. Malvern will need to get production from 6'3" post & control tempo. If Malvern's Baker is on this game won't be that close. I'm going with Malvern by 9.
Scary thing is you failed to mention PG. 5 players are capable of leading Malvern in scoring also 3 are capable of playing at or above the rim. If you were at the Berryville game you got to see first hand  Huell #23 jump flat-footed and dislodged the ball that was stuck in the rim. They understand that the game is played below the rim. I've seen and heard several comments about Malvern being athletic and not much mentioned about their IQ. Win or lose these girls have done their school, community and parents proud.  GO LEOPARDS!!!!!!!!!

beaverfan007

Malvern wins by double digits enroute to there second straight title game and title...

bigunit11

I believe these are the two best teams, wish they were playing in the finals.

PASS

D.O.C., Mavern's Murdock always brings it. She is the glue. I think Baker is more up and down. That's why I think if Baker is on that Farmington is in big trouble. As far as these 2 being the best in the state, I'd have to say Malvern then the next 5 are all pretty even: Brookland, VV, CAC, Ozark & Farmington. With that said, all 3 teams remaining are capable of dethroning Malvern.

Eagle20

I think Baker is the key too.  While Murdoch is a great player she is not going to kill you from outside and you can control her penetration by playing off of her a little more.  You better be able to block a few shots or really block the bigs out well if you want to beat them.  Their defense is pretty good but they are not deep and can get in foul trouble so it limits them to how much pressure they can apply.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas