• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Teams in State

Started by Leroy88, March 02, 2014, 07:46:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leroy88

I haven't seen a lot of the teams across the state, but I have seen all teams in the 1-4a. What are the chances any of the boys or girls team make a run in the state tournament?

WPWells

Are we talking region or state?

NEA Razorback olfan

March 02, 2014, 08:27:07 pm #2 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:36:51 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
pg plays a pretty good Brookland girls team first round,  that should be a good one
and the pg boys take on PB Dollarway,  we just played them , very good Athletic team

Leroy88

Pg boys will be a tough out in state if they can prevent those 20-2 quarters like they went through against Pottsville.

Leroy88

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 02, 2014, 08:17:38 pm
How will teams from the North region do? Maumelle, Lincoln, Prairie Grove, Pottsville.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Leroy88 on March 02, 2014, 08:45:06 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 02, 2014, 08:17:38 pm
How will teams from the North region do? Maumelle, Lincoln, Prairie Grove, Pottsville.

I haven't seen these teams play, but when you make it to state , all the teams are capable of pulling out a W

WPWells

I have Maumelle winning state, Pottsville making semis, and Lincoln winning their first-round game

Nip/Tusk

My assessment of the 1-4A teams (in no particular order)

Lincoln boys - solid, fundamental team  I can see them winning a game. Played very well this past weekend after going through a rough patch the latter part of conference and the district tournament. They had the luxury of playing regionals on their home floor. Going on the road, I'll be interested to see how they handle that. Not sure how good Bauxite is, but I would think Lincoln should win that game. Brookland I hear is the real deal and will be a tough quarterfinal game.

Prairie Grove boys - Went on a huge winning streak midway through the season. Followed that by winning their conference championship, beating Lincoln and Farmington at Farmington. Very streaky team. When they are playing well, they can compete with anyone. Dollarway will be a very tough first round game that pg won't be expected to win. Pg seems to like the underdog role though.

Farmington girls - very athletic team. Can play inside, out. Looked vulnerable during districts, but back on track at regionals. Assuming they get by Star city or Lonoke, the semifinal game with Malvern will be a must see game. I wouldn't see farmington winning that, but they could.

Ozark girls - good guard play and good size inside. This is another team that when playing well can be as good as anyone. They should definitely win one game. The quarterfinal game with Valley View will be a dandy.

Prairie Grove girls - after winning the district title by beating farmington at farmington the pg girls are kinda fortunate they're even in the state tourney. Had to survive 4th seeded Waldron in the regionals to advance. After that, took losses to Ozark and Berryville. State time is where these girls usually play their best but Brookland will be a good matchup. Cac looming in the quarters will also be a good one. I think pg girls might just find a way to get it done as usual.

Berryville girls - these girls may be the most improved team through the year in the conference. Can match up well against a lot of teams. I think Berryville will win their first game but will be huge underdogs against Malvern.

Overall, its pretty amazing this conference is sending 6 out of a possible 8 teams to the state tournament. Best of luck to the 1-4A

Leroy88

I'm not a huge girls basketball fan but I do know Ozark and Farmington are two very good teams and will be tough for anybody to beat, even Malvern. Lincoln boys and Prairie Grove boys when playing well will be tough. As long as they can both handle the athleticism they will see. Lincoln showed they could handle the press for the most part against Maumelle. I didn't see what happened in the third quarter of the Pottsville PG game. I heard it was a tied game at half.

Nip/Tusk

Here are the girls records against each other through the year -

Farmington 8-2
Ozark 5-4
Prairie Grove 5-5
Berryville 1-8

Maumelles press really allowed Lincoln to score a lot of points. Lincoln did a good job of attacking it and had some other guys step up and give them some unexpected points.

The PG game was tied at half and then turnovers allowed Pottsville to run away in the third. If pg can play like they did that first half, they certainly can play with anyone. They have been very streaky this year, but when playing well are very dangerous.

horsepower1324

If Lincoln gets by Bauxite they won't see a press, they'll see a half court man that gave up no more than 34 points in the regional. They gave up only one double digit quarter. Their biggest issue is not having a lot of size, but they're extremely strong, and they're capable of getting hot from deep, but even if they're not, they're going to score.

Prairie Grove girls are going to see full court press and half court man from a long, athletic Brookland girls' team. They've been a little streaky from beyond the arc, but they're another team that just D's up.

Prairie Grove boys are going to have to hit shots. Dollarway uses a very active halfcourt trap. They're everywhere. They don't shoot great but they're good enough that you have to respect it. They rebound well, and the Christmas and Liddell kids are their best scorers.

Ozark girls get through to Valley View, they'll see a big team, but one that could probably be better on the boards. They'll show zone and man in the halfcourt and will fullcourt press. Ashleigh Guthrie...remember that name, if you're hearing it a lot, then you're not having a good night. She's about 6', handles well, shoots well, good post moves, but has to stay out of foul trouble. If she's not scoring they don't score much.

Ballplayer

Agree on the PG boys assessment, they have to hit shots but more importantly they have to take care of the ball. Against Pottsville they were a turnover fest in the third quarter and Pottsville didnt even put alot of on ball pressure on them,they layed back in a zone but PG was careless with the ball and pottsville made them pay. If they dont take care of the ball they have no chance but if they do and shoot well they do have a legit shot at the upset. They have the 6"7 kid in the middle and a good point guard and solid role players but as usually at this time of year whoever plays best advances   

Ballplayer

How does Lincoln boys stack up against Bauxite? And Prairie Grove boys against Dollaway?

centralarkansasbasketball

Bauxite is kind of unknown. They maybe getting their pg back from injury and could be very dangerous. They are playing well and also maybe getting their guard back. Could be an interesting game

NEA Razorback olfan

March 03, 2014, 01:13:25 pm #14 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:20:36 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
D-Way can turn you over in a heartbeat , if you don't take of the ball they score in Bunches. Very Athletic team !!!

I believe #22 Liddell already signed to play football at Arkansas

Ballplayer

That Brookland team must be the team to beat, they put a smack down on Dollarway in the regional championship

Basketballfan10

Brookland boys have my vote for the Championship.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland boys have all their starters back from last year.
Girls have 3 returning starters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas