• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome Texas State to the Sunbelt

Started by Lions84, May 04, 2012, 10:50:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

Uncle Ivan

Next for the Sun Belt are the pickups of the University of Phoenix, Slippery Rock, and UAPB.

Big Fan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 05, 2012, 08:09:23 pm
Next for the Sun Belt are the pickups of the University of Phoenix, Slippery Rock, and UAPB.
UAPB plays football?

True Believer

"I hear you talkin hater but you ain't saying nothin"

HorseFeathers

Southern New hampshire not good enougH?

LH_DAD

Quote from: HF on May 06, 2012, 07:44:58 pm

They are about as good as Hector...lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: LH_DAD on May 06, 2012, 08:34:58 pm
Quote from: HF on May 06, 2012, 07:44:58 pm

They are about as good as Hector...lol

Hey Now....lol

fastdrop

I bet the Hogs are licking their chops to schedule them in ooc games.

birdman16

Texas State is terrible.  They are going to have a rough time for many years.

Peety

Man, this Is almost as bad as the SEC letting Arkansas in

Lions84

UAPB are the Golden Lions and play in the SWAC
Texas State is a up and coming program pull players from Austin and SA.

birdman16

I've been watching Texas State for a few years now and they have never really been impressive.  Based on the 3 sports that most people look at football, basketball, and baseball.  They have been middle of the pack to bottom of the Southland conference over the past few years in football.  They won the title in 2008 with a 5-3 record only because UCA was the real champs that year but they couldn't be awarded the title.  Basketball finishes around .500 every season.  Baseball is pretty good they usually win 35-40 games a season.  Overall they are going to struggle for many years like I stated before especially in football.  Baseball may hit a few bumps along they way but shouldn't be too bad.  Basketball will be probably be worse.  They are kind of like North Texas you would think they would have good teams based on they are located but they just can't seem to put it together.  San Marcos is in a really tough spot too.  20 minutes north is the University of Texas and 20 minutes south is UTSA both areas that I consider more attractive, believe me I've been to San Marcos, although I haven't been there since they upgraded their stadium.  So its going to be tough for them to break through and have success.

yeah buddy

Wasn't Texas State the team UCA beat on a televised ballgame in which Nathan Brown threw six TDs in the first half?

birdman16

May 10, 2012, 05:19:45 pm #14 Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:29:11 pm by birdman16
Yes Texas State was the team beat.  Sorry my mind only picked out certain words when I read that the first time.

Lions84

It is great to see the Sunbelt expand their TV market footprint.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: fastdrop on May 06, 2012, 10:31:36 pm
I bet the Hogs are licking their chops to schedule them in ooc games.

They'd put up a better fight than ASU.

True Believer

Lions84

If you go to a Road Game at TX State be sure to get down there early and eat some real TX Mex and enjoy the River at Fredricksburg.

Hoghead

Devry, Philander Smith and Oklahoma Tire & Supply are supposed to join the Sun Belt in 2013.

Lions84

The Sunbelt might want UAPB since they just won the SWAC!

freethrow

Quote from: Lions84 on May 29, 2012, 11:29:06 am
If you go to a Road Game at TX State be sure to get down there early and eat some real TX Mex and enjoy the River at Fredricksburg.
70 Miles to Fredricksburg? Maybe the Guadalupe river at New Braunfels and eat at the Gristmill in Greune.

Sourmilkstain

Thought Texas St was in the old Boise conference? They moved from UCA conference a couple yrs ago, so where have they been?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

University of Phoenix
You'd think with 350,000 student enrollment, they would be able to field a football team!!!

birdman16

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on December 11, 2012, 04:42:17 pm
Thought Texas St was in the old Boise conference? They moved from UCA conference a couple yrs ago, so where have they been?
They left the Southland conference in 2011. They played a Southland Schedule in 2011 as a FCS Independent in football.  They played in the WAC this year.

wildcat_x-mgr

Looks like we're also getting Georgia State. Think they were brand new just a few years ago, didn't someone from LR Central play on their very first team?

Hoghead

Mississippi Embalmers & Vo-Tech applies to the Southland Conference. The Maiming Morticians are just dying to get in !

Indiana Jones

Quote from: Hoghead on December 13, 2012, 01:44:49 am
Mississippi Embalmers & Vo-Tech applies to the Southland Conference. The Maiming Morticians are just dying to get in !
no love for ITT Tech?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Hoghead on July 10, 2012, 12:25:05 pm
Devry, Philander Smith and Oklahoma Tire & Supply are supposed to join the Sun Belt in 2013.
lololol...those would fit right in with the likes of ASU...lol...

Uncle Ivan

With the recent departures of MTSU, Bugtussle Tech and others, Bozo's Clown College has received and is mulling over an invite.

OPoraquê

Remember, there are those to whom it's a big deal.

This video (a bit long, but not bad) was made by a former classmate of my daughter's.  Georgia Southern, at least some folks there, is happy about the move.

HorseFeathers

Idaho and New Mexico St are supposed to be joining for football as well...I think both of them were Sun Belt schools before..

Lions84

The Sunbelt is working hard to expand that TV market cause that is where the real money is AT!

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas