• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 9: Batesville SS vs. Cave City

Started by SouthernerPride, October 23, 2011, 01:23:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernerPride

Batesville SS comes off of losses to Marianna and Heber the last 2 weeks and lays it on the Cave Women. We also have a relatively good chance to make the playoffs for the first time ever if we win out against CC and Newport. In which we will finish 3-4 in conference and 5-5 in the regular season.

I say Southerners take it home on Senior Night by 14+

phdefense

This Southerner team has already taken the next step for this program. How big that step is will be determined by the next two games. What SS must learn to do these next two weeks is something all the tradition rich programs learned long ago and pass on from generation to generation. They have to learn how to "find a way to win" or another way to say it is "refuse to lose". Times such as these is why they lift all those weights in the off season. They laid the foundation back then, now they just have to push through.

SouthernerDad

So true, the Southerner's gave 2 games away with Clinton and Marianna so now they must "Find a Way" and win out. It has been fun watching this team grow and now it's time for the Sr's to step up and lead this team to the playoffs.

faithfulfan

SouthernerPride

SouthernerDad

I agree, calling them "Cave Women" is bad and really not called for, we teach our kids not to say and do stuff like this, it just makes everyone look bad. Maybe you are a kid, idk. Have some respect!

SouthernerPride

Geez, can we not throw a hissy over a little friendly smack talk? We are rivals for goodness sake! Do you want us to take off the helments and pads this Friday and play a nice game of patty cake and hopscotch? I don't mean to offend anyone, but wow.. just wow..

GimmeABreak!

SouthernerPride

faithfulfan

Southside's been down, and getting better... Cave City's been better, but is down... smack talk is one thing, "Cave Women" is another...

SouthernerPride

Quote from: faithfulfan on October 24, 2011, 07:15:57 am
Southside's been down, and getting better... Cave City's been better, but is down... smack talk is one thing, "Cave Women" is another...

I'm sorry I forgot there is no such thing as a cave women.. They all carry big sticks huh?

Holds a big club

Clubs   we hold big clubs   we also hold the Trophy  and it will return to the Cave after friday

Panther13

I think Southside gets back on track this week at home beating Cave City by 16. Good luck on Friday night.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: Panther13 on October 24, 2011, 10:14:16 am
I think Southside gets back on track this week at home beating Cave City by 16. Good luck on Friday night.
Thanks Panther.. At least someone else is logical. There is absolutely no way Cave City will beat Southside. The "highway 167 showdown" will belong to Southside for the next couple years.

faithfulfan

Logical? I think southside wins this game at home easily, if not, then Marianna wasn't a fluke...

faithfulfan

But I will still pull for the Cavemen... Hope they prove my prediction wrong...

phdefense

Southside has the better defense, but Cave City has the better offense. With the weather getting colder normally the teams with the better defense tends to win.

BigLion10

mossflyer

Cave Women???...you guys get upset over Cave Women?  A little childish, but surely you've been called worse.  Maybe since the weather is getting cooler, some people can grow some thicker skin. 

faithfulfan

Its childish that grown men talk more smack than an actual team... If SS wins, they will win by playing ball, not smack talk... I go back to my earlier saying... grow up...

SouthernerPride

October 24, 2011, 05:00:39 pm #21 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:22:08 pm by SouthernerPride
The good Lord knows we ALL act like grown men ALL the time. Guess I didn't get the memo on not being able to joke around on this forum with Cave City natives.  :-\

Yellowjacket01

October 24, 2011, 05:30:20 pm #22 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:58:50 am by Yellowjacket01
Cave City fans always have something to whine about. They need to grow up and take Southside's butt kicking like men. #8 Sutton from Southside is by far the most loyal and dedicated leader AND player that we've played against this year. He had 20+ tackles against us. Along with that number 54 Southside's got, they may be the best linebacker combo in the conference. Even top 5 in state.

Southerners roll by 24

SportsFan23

Quote from: SouthernerPride on October 24, 2011, 05:00:39 pm
The good Lord knows we ALL act like grown men ALL the time. Guess I didn't get the memo on not being able to joke around on this forum with Cave City natives.  :-\

You should use more imagination, something like " Getting your Butt kicked, So easy a Cave Man can do it." LOL ;D

SouthernerPride

Quote from: Yellowjacket01 on October 24, 2011, 05:30:20 pm
Cave City fans always have something to whine about. They to grow up and take Southside's butt kicking like men. #8 Sutton from Southside is by far the most loyal and dedicated leader AND player that we've played against this year. He had 20+ tackles against us. Along with that number 54 Southside's got, they may be the best linebacker combo in the conference. Even top 5 in state.

Southerners roll by 24
#54 Trenton Tosh and #8 Colby Sutton have played linebacker together for years. Tosh is a 3 year starter at MLB and plays as hard at his position and executes his assignments better than just about anyone I've ever saw. Colby is a great football player. He isn't very big, but you better not take his size for granted, because he'll run you over like a mack truck!

SouthernerPride

Quote from: SportsFan23 on October 24, 2011, 06:40:09 pm
Quote from: SouthernerPride on October 24, 2011, 05:00:39 pm

You should use more imagination, something like " Getting your Butt kicked, So easy a Cave Man can do it." LOL ;D

Oh you better believe I thought about it, but I didn't want to hurt their feelings that bad.

faithfulfan

I guess since y'all cant play, you have to get your rage out somehow... LOL... good luck to all Friday Night!

SouthernerPride

Quote from: faithfulfan on October 24, 2011, 08:25:20 pm
I guess since y'all cant play, you have to get your rage out somehow... LOL... good luck to all Friday Night!

and same to you FaithfulCaveFan!  8)

The Ref

Has southside ever beaten CC? I know CC has won @kthv least the last 3.

SouthernerPride

Southside's last victory over Cave city was 2006 and 2008 I believe.

phdefense

Quote from: The Ref on October 26, 2011, 12:27:48 pm
Has southside ever beaten CC? I know CC has won @kthv least the last 3.
Southside beat Cave City 43-22 in 2006 which was the first time they played each other on the varsity level.

Football1

You will have to excuse SouthernerPride, He/She/It did not jump on the Southside bandwagon until that remarkable 2-0 start at the beginning of this season, therefor the win/loss total that was mentioned are incorrect. The Hwy 167 Showdown trophy shows that Cave City won it for 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Good luck to both teams this Friday!

SouthernerPride

Quote from: Football1 on October 26, 2011, 01:23:45 pm
You will have to excuse SouthernerPride, He/She/It did not jump on the Southside bandwagon until that remarkable 2-0 start at the beginning of this season, therefor the win/loss total that was mentioned are incorrect. The Hwy 167 Showdown trophy shows that Cave City won it for 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Good luck to both teams this Friday!
SouthernerPride has been on the band wagon the whole time, excuse you. Get it right newbie.

fbguru90

What band wagon is there to be on. The Southerners have won what 3 games in 3 years.  ::)

SouthernerPride

Quote from: fbguru90 on October 26, 2011, 07:21:05 pm
What band wagon is there to be on. The Southerners have won what 3 games in 3 years.  ::)

You'll eat those words in a few years.

IYK_DA NATION

Cavemen by 10 dnt no if sme of the new guys for the Southerners no hw physical this one is going to b.GREAT RIVALRY GAME

SouthernerPride

Im sure it will be a great, physical game. But Southside WILL win! They refuse to lose ;D

SUGARTOWN

First team to 15 wins this game...seriously, I think Southside wins this one in a close one. Kody White and a few other Cavemen were injured in the Stuttgart game last week and that can't be good. I assume they'll play this week, but the SS defense appears to be better than CC, that should be the difference in the game.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 28, 2011, 11:50:46 am
First team to 15 wins this game...seriously, I think Southside wins this one in a close one. Kody White and a few other Cavemen were injured in the Stuttgart game last week and that can't be good. I assume they'll play this week, but the SS defense appears to be better than CC, that should be the difference in the game.
We'll see in just a little while!! I can't wait!! FIND A WAY SOUTHERNERS!

Football1

I hope this is a good game. I have a feeling that whoever has the more physical linemen will win this game. It will really be a battle in the trenches!!! Good luck to both teams.

SouthernerFan

Cave City always comes into this game and plays the best they have all year because they know how much it means, last year that won a close one, but this year i think Southside takes it by 21, and the Srs have their best game all year. Colby, Trenton, Garrett come out and dominate on defense and Levi, Storm, and Dustin come out on offense and hand it to them and bring the trophy to Southside..I know one thing as far Southaide has worked since spring practice and summer, they deserve this, but it won't be handed to them, that's for sure.

SouthernerPride

Good win tonight guys! One more win and we go to the play offs!! FIND A WAY!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas