• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton vs Greenwood

Started by Topdog1, October 13, 2018, 09:00:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Topdog1

jay nelvin

I like Benton in a close one.

Bulldogfan44

Greenwood wins. Will be a closer game but we will take care of business. Starters may finally play a full game! Go Dogs!

Pr8hd

Broken record here till it falls off the track....GW @ Home seldom loses and unbeaten in the regular season by any 6A team in 6 years.

GW preps as well as anyone, so as long as the team executes then the Dogs will find a way. However, GW has got to do a good job tackling all night. They have shown improvement since game 1, but it'll be a big key in this one esp. against the Benton rushing.

Also, I know it's another cliche, but GW cannot have tons of penalties. Russ's only real successful drive came off 30-40 yards of defensive penalties. GW looked machine like on offense last night. Lastly, CRJ and staff have shown the riverboat gambler hands  this year with way more twists, tricks, and schemes offensively than perhaps in years past. 

sssuperpantherfan2

Benton has the best running back and great receivers that move the ball in big chunks down the field.   GW has fast paced offense, no huddle and moves the ball quickly down the field. I lean towards Benton in this game.  I wish I could watch it but my boy plays.

Bigfootdogfan

Going to be a good game. GW goes 1-0 this week in a close one.

urban legend2

I'm thinking this may not be the only meeting between the two this season...and this coming from a PB fan.

Bigfootdogfan

I am sure WM will be in the mix for the State Championship.p

High Voltage

Benton wins in a close game.

Benton - 42
GW - 35

Pr8hd

Quote from: High Voltage on October 14, 2018, 08:46:29 am
Benton wins in a close game.

Benton - 42
GW - 35

HV didn't you also predict GW to lose to Southside and again to ED as well? Neither of those worked out very well in your prognostications.

I get that they are not the dominant in all phases version of last year team, arguably one of the top teams in school history. They have proven to be a good team though that makes strides week after week and they continue to work/prepare very hard. Lastly, they also have one of the most successful coaches in Arkansas at the helm and that in itself is always going to mean something. Someone that has played both Benton and GW this year, told me he believes GW has all the tools to win this one. I'm going to stick with that assessment as well.

Oldbadger

I am only going to say that I think Benton has all the tools to win this one, also! I have to go with the Panthers. However, I do think it will be close and whichever team makes the fewest mistakes will probably come out on top. Will not even try to predict the score except to say it will be in the 40's for both teams.

Ringthebell

Isn't Benton's starting QB out again this week?  If so, I think the gwood defense is better against the rush vs the pass, so I go with Gwood 42-28! I agree these two teams will likely meet again.

CJ7

Benton          45
Greenwood    34

High Voltage

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 14, 2018, 10:44:11 am
HV didn't you also predict GW to lose to Southside and again to ED as well? Neither of those worked out very well in your prognostications.

I get that they are not the dominant in all phases version of last year team, arguably one of the top teams in school history. They have proven to be a good team though that makes strides week after week and they continue to work/prepare very hard. Lastly, they also have one of the most successful coaches in Arkansas at the helm and that in itself is always going to mean something. Someone that has played both Benton and GW this year, told me he believes GW has all the tools to win this one. I'm going to stick with that assessment as well.
Yes, and it's working isn't it? Also if the Benton QB is out GW wins, if not he will give us fits. I agree of course about CRJ, he is the best in my book. Just being realistic. I hope I am wrong.

Oldbadger

It would be nice to have our Senior back, but the 3rd string sophomore is averaging 238 yds passing per game and completing the passes at a 70 % rate. He is also averaging 15.5 yards per completion.  This is not including passes completed by other players. So,  I doubt the absence of the senior will ensure a win for the Bulldogs, so dont think an awesome run game is all they have. Benton respects Greenwood and their tradition, but they intend to play to win. Go Panthers.

High Voltage

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 14, 2018, 10:42:27 pm
It would be nice to have our Senior back, but the 3rd string sophomore is averaging 238 yds passing per game and completing the passes at a 70 % rate. He is also averaging 15.5 yards per completion.  This is not including passes completed by other players. So,  I doubt the absence of the senior will ensure a win for the Bulldogs, so dont think an awesome run game is all they have. Benton respects Greenwood and their tradition, but they intend to play to win. Go Panthers.
When is your Senior QB expected back? Hope he gets well soon.

VanillaThunder

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: VanillaThunder on October 15, 2018, 08:30:16 am
Benton by a hunnit

Benton by a hunnit, since I don't speak your language I had to look up your word HUNNIT, def is one hundred dollars  so I take it that you think Benton will win by a hundred dollars? Try speaking English so we all can understand you. I wouldn't bet a HUNNIT on either team because it could go either way but since I am a BULLDOG fan I am going with GW in a close game.

RiverRunner02

I see that it'll be a close game whether low scoring or a high scoring shootout. I think it'll be a battle of offenses especially with players like Holt for Greenwood and Wallace for Benton on that side of the ball. I believe Benton might have the edge in this one but the result will come down to whoever has the best defensive game plan and can execute it. And as always the team with the most points will win...

VanillaThunder

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 15, 2018, 09:21:31 am

Benton by a hunnit, since I don't speak your language I had to look up your word HUNNIT, def is one hundred dollars  so I take it that you think Benton will win by a hundred dollars? Try speaking English so we all can understand you. I wouldn't bet a HUNNIT on either team because it could go either way but since I am a BULLDOG fan I am going with GW in a close game.
I honestly don't understand how you could be so stupid. Who would ACTUALLY predict benton to win by a hundred? That's why I spelt it the way I did. OBVIOUS sarcasm. guess it went over your head

High Voltage

Rain in the forecast, Advantage Benton!

CatPride

All eyes in the 6A will be on this game. Without a doubt the game of the week, with the winner taking control of the West. Having home field throughout the playoffs is huge.

Wildcat Football

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 10:05:44 am
If cold rain as forecasted today, turnovers will be decisive factor in this game.

Bigfootdogfan

Vanilla, not only can you not spell or speak proper English you can't read eather. I never said Benton by a hundred, you said Benton by a hunnit. I am picking GW in a very good close game. What part of that can't you understand?

VanillaThunder

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 15, 2018, 10:31:36 am
Vanilla, not only can you not spell or speak proper English you can't read eather. I never said Benton by a hundred, you said Benton by a hunnit. I am picking GW in a very good close game. What part of that can't you understand?
My bad, thought people over the age of 12 understood sarcasm. I was not being serious. What part of that can't you understand?

Bigfootdogfan

Ok I now get ya because you posted in English which I can understand. Use words we all understand and there will be no misunderstanding. Being serious now who are you picking?

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 10:05:44 am

Yep, the rain last Friday really gave the advantage to Russellville. 

High Voltage

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 15, 2018, 02:55:54 pm
Yep, the rain last Friday really gave the advantage to Russellville. 
I don't remember it raining Friday night during the game. Hmmmm!

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 14, 2018, 10:42:27 pm

Let's not get all carried away drinking the Soph's Koolaid.  He's played against LR Hall's defense and El Dorado's defense.  Let's keep things in perspective shall we? 

Rob Van Winkle

I don't have a dog in the fight or a kid on either team but I will say that the difference maker in the game will be Holt. Kid just knows how to win and is a tremendous talent.

Bigfootdogfan

Of all games played this year in maybe all classifications this may be one of the biggest and best games played all year. Could be the first of two meetings for these two teams this year. All I will say about this game is that GW will be prepared. Executation will be the key. Go Bulldogs!!!!!

Pr8hd

October 15, 2018, 08:00:48 pm #31 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:06:39 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: High Voltage on October 15, 2018, 02:57:09 pm
I don't remember it raining Friday night during the game. Hmmmm!

No, it spit a little,but as we all know in GW CRJ controls the weather ..... ;D

Any weather is Bulldog weather.

Hooten's take the Dogs by 10. Sounds about right.

Bigfootdogfan

1-10-or more doesn't matter to me as long as GW goes 1-0 this week. Pray for an injury free game for both teams. Execution and turnovers will decide this game.

Oldbadger

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on October 15, 2018, 03:00:06 pm
Let's not get all carried away drinking the Soph's Koolaid.  He's played against LR Hall's defense and El Dorado's defense.  Let's keep things in perspective shall we? 
I won't compare scores unless you want to but the Bulldogs last four opponents are the same as the Panthers.  The 3rd string QB played most of the SS game and all of the hall and Eldo. I can't do it but you can.  Give us the passing stats of your 1st string QB. Seriously, it would be a good comparison.

Bigfootdogfan

I don't have those figures available to me but I am positive that GW QB only played about 2 quarters of each of those games so his stats may not look as good as Bentons QB. Let's just let the game play out. Both teams are good and both have good QBs and when it is over let's look forward to playing again in Dec.

Pr8hd

October 15, 2018, 09:56:13 pm #35 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:03:59 pm by Pr8hd
Holt's stats for season for GW:

Passing
123 out 177 for 70% completion with 1624 yards 10 TD's and 1 INT

Rushing
80 carries for 464 yards and 10 TD's there as well

4 or 5 of those wins in 7 games were mercy rule wins were limited action in the second half

Benton doesn't give their stats on MaxPreps so sort of hard to compare.

Bulldogfan44

Curious on what the Benton Crowd will look like with a 3 hour drive an bad weather. "Forecasted" guess we will see. I know he Greenwood faithful are ready to go.

Oldbadger

I was seriously interested in this comparison. Benton's QB just isnt as experienced, but he will not be intimidated. Game is still a toss-up. Good luck, Bulldogs. Go Panthers.

Pr8hd

Maxpreps overall ranking is actually higher for Benton than GW as well not that means much, but it is interesting. Last time a big rain came and Benton came to town it got ugly for the Panthers in 2015 in the semi's.

http://www.swtimes.com/article/20151128/SPORTS/311289951

I doubt it would be deja vu, but I guess will see.

Oldbadger

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on October 15, 2018, 10:06:01 pm
Curious on what the Benton Crowd will look like with a 3 hour drive an bad weather. "Forecasted" guess we will see. I know he Greenwood faithful are ready to go.
A few years ago we had a game like this. Rain, rain, rain. Benton turned out at Greenwood. So, I expect the same

Pr8hd

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 15, 2018, 10:17:35 pm
A few years ago we had a game like this. Rain, rain, rain. Benton turned out at Greenwood. So, I expect the same

I'd expect a good crowd rain or shine. It's a big game for both teams. Safe travels to Benton faithful.

VanillaThunder

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 15, 2018, 01:43:19 pm
Ok I now get ya because you posted in English which I can understand. Use words we all understand and there will be no misunderstanding. Being serious now who are you picking?
Benton by a TD. Not sure anyone can contain their RB

Bigfootdogfan

You may be right, in my opinion he may be the best running back in the state this year. I know we won't stop him completely but just hope to slow him down enough to out score Benton. I have been saying all season that Benton was the team to beat this year, their off and def was the most concestent of any team I had seen. I still think they will be in the State Championship game in Little Rock and I hope they will be playing GW. WM don't get me wrong I am not over looking you all I know you all have a good team as well. I know who ever has to play you all in the semi finals will have their hands full. This is the kind of High School Football I love. The lop sided MR games are just for tuning up for these type of games. Good luck to the top 4 teams, the cream will rise to the top. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!

maxswine

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: maxswine on October 16, 2018, 11:41:27 am
I'll take the over.

What are you saying Max? ( I'll take the over) does that mean you think that GW is over looking WM? Not trying to put words in your mouth just trying to figure out what you mean by saying I'll take the over?

High Voltage

GW has to win this for one reason and one reason only, I don't want to possibly drive to West Memphis in the Semi's.

The Future

Win or lose, this game will help both teams tremendously once playoffs start.
Other than Northside and Cabot, all of Greenwood's and Benton's games have been a breeze. Both teams could use a battle.
It's good that it comes this late in the season and it's also good that both teams will play Sheridan and Lake Hamilton in the final weeks to heal players and finish fine tuning before playoffs.

I know usually in the tradition tangible category, Greenwood usually has the edge. But maybe not so much this game. The last time Greenwood went into a game this big and with this low of a win percentage was probably the 2016 title game. Or if not that, then the semi game against Pine Bluff before that. So that means all the sophomores and juniors on this team haven't been in a battle atmosphere. A game where it's gonna take every second of the clock to win. Only the seniors have experience in this type of game.

I'm gonna hold off on a score prediction but I'll toss in some other fun predictions.
-Neither team will score on its opening drive
-It will be a two possession game at halftime
-Both teams will have a field goal
-And both teams will combine for 70+ points, 800+ TOY, and 4 turnovers.

As always, good luck to both teams, safe travels to the fans, and pray for no serious injuries

VanillaThunder

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 16, 2018, 09:01:12 am
You may be right, in my opinion he may be the best running back in the state this year. I know we won't stop him completely but just hope to slow him down enough to out score Benton. I have been saying all season that Benton was the team to beat this year, their off and def was the most concestent of any team I had seen. I still think they will be in the State Championship game in Little Rock and I hope they will be playing GW. WM don't get me wrong I am not over looking you all I know you all have a good team as well. I know who ever has to play you all in the semi finals will have their hands full. This is the kind of High School Football I love. The lop sided MR games are just for tuning up for these type of games. Good luck to the top 4 teams, the cream will rise to the top. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!
just a fan of teams in saline county so I can't say I am just a benton fan, but I am pulling for them this year. They have tons of depth, people on the sidelines that could be starters at neighboring schools harmony grove or Bauxite, both of which are doing better than expected this year. Bentons RB is the biggest threat in my opinion, but you cannot forget about the QB and the Wide outs, should be  a great game

The Future

Quote from: High Voltage on October 16, 2018, 12:35:43 pm
GW has to win this for one reason and one reason only, I don't want to possibly drive to West Memphis in the Semi's.

True story!

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: VanillaThunder on October 16, 2018, 12:41:24 pm
just a fan of teams in saline county so I can't say I am just a benton fan, but I am pulling for them this year. They have tons of depth, people on the sidelines that could be starters at neighboring schools harmony grove or Bauxite, both of which are doing better than expected this year. Bentons RB is the biggest threat in my opinion, but you cannot forget about the QB and the Wide outs, should be  a great game

I live in Little Rock now but lived in GW for 35 years my son was on the 2000 state championship team and I have been following them since 1994. I just love Good High School Football. Both Benton and GW have good teams and good coaching so it will be a good game. Is it Friday yet?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas