• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA/West Helena merged threads

Started by football_head00, July 15, 2008, 01:51:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the Bruins or Cougars win?

Cougars
16 (32.7%)
Bruins
33 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

ppop

I believe him.  After all, HE USED ALL CAPS!!

Chief_Osceola™

Good thing for Helena the two schools aren't having a spelling competition. (j/k)

Eddie, I think I may try to trademark "Marn'ing and/or Marn'ed".  It certainly deserves its place in this thread.

Anyway, I figure P.A. will win by at least 2 touchdowns.  I may even try to make it over to the game.  I've never actually been to P.A.'s stadium, so maybe Coach Kelley or Coach DePriest can help me out - is the stadium on campus?  If so, that'd be great.  It's like 3 minutes from my house.

Father Guido

Chief_Osceola™

Could be.  I really didn't pay attention to where the game will be played.  I thought I read something from Lanny about better coverage in Little Rock or something like that.  If so, then the last part of my post can be completely disregarded.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 30, 2008, 10:27:21 pm
Anyway, I figure P.A. will win by at least 2 touchdowns.  I may even try to make it over to the game.  I've never actually been to P.A.'s stadium, so maybe Coach Kelley or Coach DePriest can help me out - is the stadium on campus?  If so, that'd be great.  It's like 3 minutes from my house.
Our stadium* is on campus.  However, as Father pointed out, it won't do you much good as the game is at West Helena. 

*stadium - a large usually roofless building with tiers of seats for spectators at sports events

Large is ambiguous, so I guess Rector Field qualifies as a stadium, but I would hesitate to ever call it that.

For what Lanny said about the game locations, as I understand it, Fearless Friday and KARK tried to negotiate with Coach Smith about moving the game to Little Rock for accessibility purposes, but he wanted to play the game in front of the home fans, which is understandable.

Chief_Osceola™

Gotcha.  Thanks for the head's up.  And please excuse the terminology.  I'll now forever refer to it as Rector Field:)

Eddie Goodson

Jimbo Morphis

thanks eddie, text speak makes my head hurt and makes me think about houston nutt.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Oldman on July 31, 2008, 09:05:31 am
thanks eddie, text speak makes my head hurt and makes me think about houston nutt.
One a pain in the head, the other a pain in the rear.

Coach Venny Slocombe

westhelena1

Quote from: Oldman on July 31, 2008, 09:05:31 am

Thank God and Eddie!

CoachJ

Quote from: westhelena1 on July 27, 2008, 07:48:21 pm
This season has the potential to be the best HWH has had in over five decades.  The Cougars are loaded with talent and ability.  If they stay focused, this could be a very special year.  Russell Smith is probably one of the most underrated coaches in Class 5A.  In just two years at the helm with limited staff and comparably horrible facilities, he got the Cougars back into the playoffs where they won their first postseason game in 27 years.  They were robbed by some truly sorry officials in the quarterfinals against Vilonia or the Cinderella run would have continued at least one more week.  He deserves to be mentioned with some of the up and coming quality coaches in this state.

I can't wait until the season starts!

I totally agree with your post.  Coach Smith works his butt off, everyday, trying to get his program to the levels of Greenwood and Pulaski Academy.  The major differences between the Helena-West Helena School District and the ones listed above are, obviously, money within the district and the Junior High and 7th grade programs.  For the past couple of years there has been no stability at the Junior High level and this shows when Coach Smith receives a 10th grader that has the football knowledge of an 8th grader.  There has been no off-season program for the Junior High and they have been through a few different head coaches in the past couple of years. I think Coach Smith has done a wonderful job with the had that he was dealt.  Don't get me wrong HWH has more talent than many of the programs at the 5A level, but when this is mostly raw talent, with no fundamentals it's tough to gain respect throughout the state unless you win a championship.  People on the outside do not understand the unbelievable job that Coach Smith and his staff have done to move the program in the right direction.  I commend anyone who is willing to teach and coach in the Delta, because let me be the first to say it's a million times different than any other part of the state.   

Ouch!

Well now let me see here.......Pulaski Academy is so sure of their win that they are trying to pay to have the game moved to Little Rock where they can stack the officials. They also enlisted the help of Wooten's Arkansas Football to whine about LR and PA being a better venue. Boys, Boys, Boys.......Please take your upcoming whipping like Men so that we can respect you after we kick your recruited behinds to the Mississippi River and back.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Ouch! on July 31, 2008, 08:35:01 pm
Well now let me see here.......Pulaski Academy is so sure of their win that they are trying to pay to have the game moved to Little Rock where they can stack the officials. They also enlisted the help of Wooten's Arkansas Football to whine about LR and PA being a better venue. Boys, Boys, Boys.......Please take your upcoming whipping like Men so that we can respect you after we kick your recruited behinds to the Mississippi River and back.
Whooten's had zero to do with attempting to get the game moved. It was Fearless Friday and KARK that wanted to see if the game could be moved to make it a featured game of the week.

mr.henry

WELL I THINK DA GAME SHOULD BE AT OUR HOUSE AT CALD POLK STADIUM IN HWH DO ANY ONE ELSE THINK OTHA WISE........GO COUGARS

Ouch!

To Jorpar,

P.A. offered HWH $3,000 to move the game to Little Rock. Fact not Fiction.
They didn't show up this week for the follow-up meeting that they requested. They even had a member of the media get into the mix. I guess P.A. will be tossing currency in the air when they run on the field this year instead of running through posters like the rest of the teams.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Ouch! on August 01, 2008, 05:14:17 am
To Jorpar,

P.A. offered HWH $3,000 to move the game to Little Rock. Fact not Fiction.
They didn't show up this week for the follow-up meeting that they requested. They even had a member of the media get into the mix. I guess P.A. will be tossing currency in the air when they run on the field this year instead of running through posters like the rest of the teams.
i love to watch teams run through posters.

jorpar

Why all the trash talk from West Helena fans about the the first game of the year? Both teams have great talent and excellent coaches. It should be an excellent game.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: jorpar on August 01, 2008, 02:51:03 pm
Why all the trash talk from West Helena fans about the the first game of the year? Both teams have great talent and excellent coaches. It should be an excellent game.

Ditto

mr.henry

Im looking foward to see a good game this season......between HWH vs. PA......

westhelena1

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 31, 2008, 08:37:58 pm
Quote from: Ouch! on July 31, 2008, 08:35:01 pm
Whooten's had zero to do with attempting to get the game moved. It was Fearless Friday and KARK that wanted to see if the game could be moved to make it a featured game of the week.

It ought to be the Game of the Week, and those entities should be willing to feature it from Cad Polk Stadium in Helena-West Helena.  Some Delta culture might do them good.  Not everything important has to happen in Little Rock.  I can assure you that the staff at Helena-West Helena would do everything they possibly could to accomodate the needs of the Little Rock media for this sports event.

Quite Frankly

You guys got bottled water at the concession stand?

westhelena1

Absolutely!  However, you are required to bring your own mosquito spray! :)

Quite Frankly

You're too close to Memphis for my tastes.  Nothing personal though.  You at least are not as inflammatory.  Not to mention you can actually speak.  :)

westhelena1

Ouch!

The West Helena Cheerleaders are tougher and faster than the P.A. Bruins.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Ouch! on August 01, 2008, 06:25:42 pm

Probably because their Y chromosomes are a little bigger than those of the Bruins.

Must be expensive buying all that shaving cream to keep the cheerleader's beards shaved off.

sportsfan08

Quote from: Rampage72501 on August 01, 2008, 07:03:14 pm

Probably because their Y chromosomes are a little bigger than those of the Bruins.

Must be expensive buying all that shaving cream to keep the cheerleader's beards shaved off.

Aren't we getting a little personal now??

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Rampage72501 on August 01, 2008, 07:03:14 pm

That there Y chromosome would certainly be the cause of the beards for sure.

mr.henry

No we just saying our cheeleaders can beat pa in running.. ;D

Rampage72501

westhelena1

Are you implying our cheerleaders are "fast?" ;D

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: westhelena1 on August 01, 2008, 09:03:27 pm
It was all I could do not to go down that road.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 01, 2008, 09:17:16 pm

Apparently, you might just be the only one..........

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Rampage72501 on August 01, 2008, 09:28:36 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 01, 2008, 09:17:16 pm

Apparently, you might just be the only one..........
Whoop, there it is!

westhelena1

Fast girls- another reason for PA to spend some time here.  Might "broaden" their horizons.  ;D

driftydude1234

ouch!...(ahem) Ouch!

Ouch!

To all the suckers, chumps, wanabes, wimps and so on in Pulaski Academy, Greenwood, and other detractors. You can't coach speed. Either you were
endowed with it or you weren't. The Cougars of West Helena were. We are also blessed to have Coach Russell Smith. If the game on the field isn't enough for the mommas brats who travel here then you can probably run your mouths on the way out of town after the game and get your butts handed to you on the highway as well as on the field. But please bring the bug spray because we do have insects in the Delta just like you have them in Little Rock. Ours are faster and bite harder just like our football players. We also sell bottled water but you may need something a little stronger to be able to digest your upcoming buttkicking. Cheerleaders? Ours are beautiful classy young ladies and very athletic. Isn't that why P.A. plays on a carpet....to keep their cheerleaders from grazing while they are playing? And last of all..............the game officials. Already booked with impartiality and with fairness. A huge step up from Monticello and P.A.  And please Bruins............we can't wait to see you running on the field while your fans are throwing money in the air. You sure tried to throw enough of it around trying to have this game moved to Little Rock.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Ouch! on August 02, 2008, 03:34:19 am
To all the suckers, chumps, wanabes, wimps and so on in Pulaski Academy, Greenwood, and other detractors. You can't coach speed.

Nor can some be taught English, manners, tact, humility or how to eat with silverware instead of their hands.

Speed is not the great equalizer.  This isn't track.  Speed is no doubt important, but how it's used and how the other team accounts for it figure in to how it alters the outcome.

Now take my advice young Einstein.  Take a deep breath.  Clean yoursself up with a nice shower(using soap).  Wash your hair. Shave those little whiskers on your chin.  Buy some deodorant and use it.  Put on clean clothes.  Brush your hair.  Brush your teeth.  Borrow your moms car.  Then run it into a telephone pole going 80 mph.

allconfrenceuncle49

Quote from: Ouch! on August 02, 2008, 03:34:19 am
To all the suckers, chumps, wanabes, wimps and so on in Pulaski Academy, Greenwood, and other detractors. You can't coach speed. Either you were
endowed with it or you weren't.

Um ask Greenwood how they beat teams with speed.  Having speed on your team is no guarantee for an automatic win.  I thought Camden Fairview would blow them out, but i was wrong because they contained their speed on their way to a 3rd straight state title.   I think every team they faced in the playoffs may have had more speed then them

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Ouch! on August 02, 2008, 04:10:05 pm
QF.........................we will be going about 100 MPH over P.A. on Sept. 5th. You givin' out fatherly advice? Use it to cover your own mouth and then blow it out your shorts.
Junior is feeling a little feisty.  The gov't check must have come in.

And just so you'll know, women don't give fatherly advice.  But I realize you probably don't live with your father, much less know him.  As such you seek approval from someone. 

You won't find it here.

J b coog

this isnt ENGLISH class, people can talk anyway they want to, so just post and not grade

Quite Frankly

August 02, 2008, 04:36:32 pm #146 Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 06:37:21 pm by QF©
Quote from: J b coog on August 02, 2008, 04:24:21 pm
this isnt ENGLISH class, people can talk anyway they want to, so just post and not grade
If it's you and your buddies goal to trash talk and have fun, it would behoove you to try and make it where people understand what the heck you are trying to say.

If it's your intent to post gibberish and make what you say incomprehensible then why bother?

westhelena1

I agree.  Try and make us look smart.

ppop

Quote from: QF© on August 02, 2008, 09:24:49 amSpeed is not the great equalizer.  This isn't track. 
If it is, Magnolia gonna punish!

Sorry, I've been away and just had to get that in ...  ;D

Quite Frankly

No problem.  We slipped of the mature track on the opening post.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas