• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc vs England week 0

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, May 20, 2018, 10:23:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

May 20, 2018, 10:23:00 am Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:56:46 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Des Arc will play England in the 103.7 The Buzz Kickoff classic in W.M.S. Not sure on the exact date yet.

bigworm

I hear its on a tuesday. August 21st is the date im getting.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

May 20, 2018, 09:45:08 pm #2 Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:42:52 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: bigworm on May 20, 2018, 09:22:06 pm
I hear its on a tuesday. August 21st is the date im getting.

That is what I had heard as well. Just wasn't 100% yet.

Bigditchlion

Lions84

Ventman

Man that turf is going to be steaming!

Lions84

Quote from: Ventman on May 21, 2018, 02:28:37 pm
Man that turf is going to be steaming!

Yes is could be we are hitting 100 this week in DFW and it still 23 days to summer.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

one week away, the weather forecast looks great for august, upper 80's and partly cloudy.

Ventman

I will be at this one. Im ready for some football.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on August 14, 2018, 02:58:14 pm
I will be at this one. Im ready for some football.

me too. just hoping my son gets cleared to play on Monday.

RiverEagle079

Pick_DA_EAGLES

RiverEagle079

O ok just get him a pirate patch over his eye

AA Insider

It was announced yesterday that the 4 games Monday and Tuesday will be televised on KARZ, including this one.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AA Insider on August 15, 2018, 08:08:24 am
It was announced yesterday that the 4 games Monday and Tuesday will be televised on KARZ, including this one.

That's cool! Thanks for the info!

bearfan

Can't wait to see England and their new head coach go out and compete against a tough opponent.

i40traveler

Cheek

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on August 15, 2018, 12:51:20 pm
Is Des Arc that good?

ummm, I wouldn't back that line. I will be happy with a good showing and a 1 point win, as im sure yall would be too.

RiverEagle079

The defense to me is a lot better this year and 300 yards rushing in a half during the scrimmage according to the coach.  we will see in a real game situation but I feel a two score game is more like it.

Cheek

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 15, 2018, 04:10:07 pm
The defense to me is a lot better this year and 300 yards rushing in a half during the scrimmage according to the coach.  we will see in a real game situation but I feel a two score game is more like it.

Yea,  I would be happy winning by two scores. 

bigworm

This game ,as well as every game it seems, will come down to defense. We have a couple guys that can roll and i feel like we will score. Des arc will pound it and im sure will score their share as well. If we play D like last year, we better hope our O is poppin.

Mike Bonds

Should be a heck of a game.  I expect both of these teams to be good this season.  Des Arc's got a lot of guys back and England should have good skill players.

big E

This should be a good test for both squads,  England's D is gonna have to get physical up front to stop Des Arcs ground and pound.

bearfan

I heard a rumor that there was a 7a corner from conway who transferred to england

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bearfan on August 16, 2018, 10:42:31 am
I heard a rumor that there was a 7a corner from conway who transferred to england

a 7A corner probably will be lost against des arc, we are not gonna be passing much, and he probably hasn't seen much ground and pound.

bigworm

Quote from: bearfan on August 16, 2018, 10:42:31 am

I havent seen him.

Cheek

Quote from: bigworm on August 16, 2018, 12:35:01 pm
I havent seen him.

Do you think they are talking about RG.   He may have lived in Conway for a short period of time, but he is England born and raised.

big E

Yep The British are recruiting now. Lol

bigworm

Quote from: Cheek on August 16, 2018, 01:32:05 pm
Do you think they are talking about RG.   He may have lived in Conway for a short period of time, but he is England born and raised.

Oh yea. Probably so. But he was here last year.

bearfan

I think this Is very recent. His name is Eric Jordan

bigworm

I just asked my son and hes never heard of him. Must be rumor mill stuff.

Legend5117

I was at Des Arc scrimmage game they had a really good running game but if England has any kind of passing game this will be a good game

Cheek

Quote from: bearfan on August 16, 2018, 08:36:09 pm
I think this Is very recent. His name is Eric Jordan

He may be in school, but not on football team yet.  What grade is he in and how good is he.

RiverEagle079

bigworm

Sounds like Weidner is pretty confident. Runnin that mouth a little bit. I like it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on August 20, 2018, 11:11:26 am
Sounds like Weidner is pretty confident. Runnin that mouth a little bit. I like it.

how many tickets have yall sold Worm?

i40traveler

England isnt ready for the power they are going to see

bigworm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 20, 2018, 11:26:45 am
how many tickets have yall sold Worm?

They didmt give us amy to pre sale.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 20, 2018, 12:56:07 pm

why is that?

It was explained to us that Des Arc is the home team and was provided tickets to pre-sale.   England will be the visitor this year,  and we were not provided tickets this year, and will have to purchase tickets at the gate. 

What did Coach Weidner say?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

August 20, 2018, 02:26:32 pm #41 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 02:36:58 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Cheek on August 20, 2018, 02:19:31 pm
It was explained to us that Des Arc is the home team and was provided tickets to pre-sale.   England will be the visitor this year,  and we were not provided tickets this year, and will have to purchase tickets at the gate. 

What did Coach Weidner say?

that's crazy.

I have no idea. one of the assistant coaches made a video of some interviews and things, but nothing directed at anyone specific, that may be what b.w. is talking about.

but if any team needs another teams video to make them ready to play, they are halfway beat already.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 20, 2018, 02:26:32 pm
that's crazy.

I have no idea. one of the assistant coaches made a video of some interviews and things, but nothing directed at anyone specific, that may be what b.w. is talking about.

but if any team needs another teams video make them ready to play, they are halfway beat already.
True statement.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Mactown on Top

Sounds like expectations are big in DA

bigworm

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 20, 2018, 02:26:32 pm
that's crazy.

but if any team needs another teams video to make them ready to play, they are halfway beat already.

Who said anything about needing another teams video? Im not sure if the team even knows. Our boys will be ready to play. Should be a good game.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Mactown on Top on August 20, 2018, 08:02:27 pm
Sounds like expectations are big in DA

Expectations are ALWAYS big in Des Arc.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bigworm on August 20, 2018, 08:36:20 pm
Who said anything about needing another teams video? Im not sure if the team even knows. Our boys will be ready to play. Should be a good game.

I wasnt referring to anyone in particular worm. Just in general.

Cheek

Quote from: bigworm on August 20, 2018, 08:36:20 pm

I agree,  I was just wondering what was said.  It was a nice video, but I did not see any disrespect towards England.  Chill!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on August 20, 2018, 08:45:22 pm
I agree,  I was just wondering what was said.  It was a nice video, but I did not see any disrespect towards England.  Chill!

Who you telling to chill?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas