• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison Golden Goblins @ Greenbrier Panthers

Started by Go Postal, October 08, 2018, 01:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

October 08, 2018, 01:33:31 pm Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:41:11 pm by Go Postal
These two meet this season with the Panthers averaging 354.1 total offensive yards per game and the Goblins averaging 437.6 total offensive yards per game.
The Panthers average 26.66 PF a game and 26.16 PA per game.
The Goblins average 44.66 PF per game and 8.33 PA per game
This game will come down to if the Greenbrier defense can stop the rushing then the passing of the Goblins and if the Harrison defense can stop the passing then the rushing of the Panthers.

Greenbrier
Conference (2-1) 0.667  PF 77 PA 71
Season (4-2) 0.667 PF 160 PA 157 1 W
Quick Stats
Receiving Yards Per Game   202.8
Rushing Yards Per Game   151.3
Total TDs   22
Tackles Per Game   66.0
Sacks   5.0
Interceptions   8

Harrison
Conference (3-0) 1.000  PF 125 PA 22
Season (6-0) 1.000  PF 268 PA 50 6 W
Quick Stats
Receiving Yards Per Game   183.8
Rushing Yards Per Game   253.5
Total TDs   37
Tackles Per Game   62.3
Sacks   11.0
Interceptions   8

Comments and insights are welcome.

InYoGrill

Gobs by a BUNCH! Gobs gonna Punish Briar.  ;D

Gobs 77 Briar 2

AT

I think Brier plays close for awhile and then Harrison pulls always in the 4th or ekes out a win

PA Dad

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 08, 2018, 07:35:23 pm
I think Brier plays close for awhile and then Harrison pulls always in the 4th or ekes out a win

No way bro, Briar lays down after Q1. Couple Husky long trots to the zone. Game over by half. No cracked out kitty calls on the stadium intercom.

South 45

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 09, 2018, 09:33:57 am
No way bro, Briar lays down after Q1. Couple Husky long trots to the zone. Game over by half. No cracked out kitty calls on the stadium intercom.
Agreed!!!
I'm not making the trip to Huntsville...may sneak out the back door to go watch the Gobbs do their thing to someone else...They were impressive in a monsoon, would be fun to watch them on a dry field.

Go Postal

October 09, 2018, 09:55:48 pm #6 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:08:08 am by Go Postal
I have heard a lot of people praise the Goblin offense due to the fact that they put up a ton of points on the board.  Yes, there is quite a few play makers on the offense.  I have heard the opposing team's commentators talking about all the different kind of formations that our team uses which is hard for their defense to compensate against.  Coach Wells seems to have one of the most extensive offensive playbooks that I have seen in high school football and all the players seem to know their positions and how to execute each and every type of formation on every play.  Yes they do put points up but I think that what is more impressive is what the Goblin defense doesn't do.  That is letting the other team put up points.  They average giving up only 8.33 points in 6 games which I believe is maybe one of the lowest averages that they have had in a while.  They seem to handle running teams very well, even when the other players are larger.  I have heard other team's commentators mention that we haven't been tested yet by a passing team and that is our weakness, but I have seen them do well against some passing teams, but I still want to see how they do against very good passing teams.

What was said in a different thread was that most the points given up this season by the Goblins was given up by the 2nd and 3rd squad, which that is a true statement but I have also seen the same 2nd and 3 squad hold goal line presses by the other team to make them turnover on downs and that those same defenses seem to be getting better each game.

We will see how the do in this game and for the rest of the season, but for now the Goblins seem to have gotten the football math right.  Offenses puts up points but defenses win games.

Sasquatch71

Goblins with another mercy rule.  This team is for real.  They are a top 4 team in the state and when hitting on all cylinders might be the best.  That being said we all know how teenage kids are.  Look amazing one week and then look like pee wee football the next.  It has been a fun year to watch and I sincerely think it is only going to get better. 

The Future

Lumberjackfan1978

Go Postal

I heard something the other day on how our linemen do really well in the 40.yard sprint.  Does anyone from Harrison know anything about this?  Elvis? woopork?

I also heard that the Jr High team is doing very well though I haven't checked yet.

Elvis Hoggoblin

October 10, 2018, 11:52:29 pm #11 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:55:31 pm by Elvis Hoggoblin
Maybe you're referring to defense speed?
Every player on D runs a sub 5 second 40 except the OUTSTANDING noseguard Hayden Vanderpool and he runs a 5.1, and he weighs 285.

Yellowcake

Elvis Hoggoblin

Jr High is also undefeated and they play in the River Valley Jr High conference with Alma, Greenwood, Fort Smith , and Van Buren schools.

9th grade Goblins are 52-4 in their last 56 games

Go Postal

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on October 10, 2018, 11:52:29 pm
Maybe you're referring to defense speed?
Every player on D runs a sub 5 second 40 except the OUTSTANDING noseguard Hayden Vanderpool and he runs a 5.1, and he weighs 285.

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on October 10, 2018, 11:55:07 pm
Jr High is also undefeated and they play in the River Valley Jr High conference with Alma, Greenwood, Fort Smith , and Van Buren schools.

9th grade Goblins are 52-4 in their last 56 games
Yep, that's what I heard.

I remember the Siloam Springs commentator talking about Vanderpool.  He remarked how he didn't look like he was 285.  That he was a slim (in shape) 285.

pantherblue

Impressive!!!!   The cycle has come full circle I would say.... Good for the Goblins!! Make the West proud!!!

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on October 11, 2018, 07:20:11 am
Impressive!!!!   The cycle has come full circle I would say.... Good for the Goblins!! Make the West proud!!!

Yes, go Gobs. Represent the West. Maybe Briar could take some lessons from the Gob program.  ;D

pantherblue

Maybe Veagles could move to the weak East   lol

WTD

Quote from: pantherblue on October 11, 2018, 08:38:06 am
Maybe Veagles could move to the weak East   lol

They will just move on over to the central when Fair and McClellan combine with Greenwood moving to the 5a west. ;D

pantherblue

Sasquatch71

I can tell you from 7th grade all the way up there are only 2 losses in Goblin football this year.  Like has been stated get ready for a Goblin up swing over the next 3 or 4 years.  Not to mention the Jr Gobs have WON the River Valley Conference both of the years they have been a member including knocking off Greenwood both years.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Sasquatch71 on October 11, 2018, 09:13:29 am
I can tell you from 7th grade all the way up there are only 2 losses in Goblin football this year.  Like has been stated get ready for a Goblin up swing over the next 3 or 4 years.  Not to mention the Jr Gobs have WON the River Valley Conference both of the years they have been a member including knocking off Greenwood both years.

Beasts! Very impressive program in Harrison.

Go Postal

Harrison does have a good team but let's not count baby Eaglets before they're omelettes.  There is still 3 away games and 1 home game left.  I heard the Coach say that we still have some tough games coming up.  I also saw were he was quoted that there is still things to be worked on.

But,

Let's work on one game at a time like the upcoming 'Briar game.  Remember they beat us at home last year and it wasn't pretty.

So with that said,

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!  GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!  GOBS GONNA PUNISH!;

RabAlumni

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 11, 2018, 10:53:55 am
Harrison does have a good team but let's not count baby Eaglets before they're omelettes.  There is still 3 away games and 1 home game left.  I heard the Coach say that we still have some tough games coming up.  I also saw were he was quoted that there is still things to be worked on.

But,

Let's work on one game at a time like the upcoming 'Briar game.  Remember they beat us at home last year and it wasn't pretty.

So with that said,

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!  GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!  GOBS GONNA PUNISH!;

Come on bro, stop trying to be humble! Gobs got it this year. Top 5 in 5A without a doubt. Postal GONNA PUNISH! Say it!!  ;D

pantherblue

Go Postal

THE GOBLINS ARE COMING!
The Goblins are coming to the 'Briar!
Save the children!

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!

Go Postal

October 11, 2018, 05:34:34 pm #27 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:37:54 pm by Go Postal

Greenbrier learning to TRY and keep up with Huskey and the other Goblins

Go Postal

October 11, 2018, 05:36:08 pm #28 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:52:05 pm by Go Postal
Hey Grill, Goblins are going to see the Briercats.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 11, 2018, 05:36:08 pm
Hey Grill, Goblins are going to see the Briercats.

Yes, Gobs invading town of Briar this Friday.

Go Postal

It looks like the rain should stop in Greenbrier before game time.  Of course this can always change.

Overdahill

Go Postal

October 12, 2018, 10:06:53 am #32 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:36:36 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Overdahill on October 12, 2018, 08:35:07 am
Beware the Gobs of October, Beware........ :o

When the blaze is blue,
an' the lamp-wick sputters,
an' the wind goes woo-oo,
an' the you hear the crickets quit,
an' the moon is gray,
an' the lightnin'-bugs in dew
is all squenched away...
You better mind your parents,
an' your teachers fond an' dear,
An' cherish them that loves you,
an' dry the orphant's tear,
An' help the poor an' needy ones that clusters all about,
Or

GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!  GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!  GOBS GONNA PUNISH!!

Go Postal

New Goblin hype video starts at mark 1:11 to 4:11 on GobTV.

https://youtu.be/JYP7DSMp2oY

Go Goblins!  Beat those Panthers!

Go Postal

October 12, 2018, 05:23:04 pm #34 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:43:34 pm by Go Postal
Live links for this game

KCWD Kool 96.1

https://radio.securenetsystems.net/cwa/index.cfm?stationCallSign=KCWD

GobTV

https://youtu.be/Fe7B2asv0RU

You can also catch the game on the app
Mascot Media > Goblins

http://www.harrisongoblins.com/broadcasts

or

Mascot Media > Greenbrier

http://greenbrierathletics.com/broadcasts

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 12, 2018, 10:06:53 am
When the blaze is blue,
an' the lamp-wick sputters,
an' the wind goes woo-oo,
an' the you hear the crickets quit,
an' the moon is gray,
an' the lightnin'-bugs in dew
is all squenched away...
You better mind your parents,
an' your teachers fond an' dear,
An' cherish them that loves you,
an' dry the orphant's tear,
An' help the poor an' needy ones that clusters all about,
Or

Someone on this this board is a bit on the bliss side.

Go Postal

South 45

Quote from: Go Postal on October 12, 2018, 06:44:49 pm
Streams above are live, I say blissfully.
I wish MoTown would embrace the interwebs...
Guess I'll listen to our game and watch yours.

InYoGrill

I bouncing between this game and V/Farmington. Gobs seperating from GB.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 27
Greenbrier Panthers 7
Half.

Unofficial stats
Panthers QB went 7 of 14 for 52 yds.  1 TD.  1 interception.  They had 41 rushing yds for a total of 94 offensive yds.

Goblins QB went 2 of 3 for 39 yds.  They had 183 rushing yds for a total of 222 offensive yds.

Go Postal

October 12, 2018, 09:35:54 pm #41 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:24:09 am by Go Postal
Harrison Golden Goblins 40
Greenbrier Panthers 7
Final

Unofficial stats:
Panthers QBs went 14 of 24 for 108 yds. 1 TD. 2 interceptions.  They had 126 rushing yds for a total of 234 offensive yds.

Goblins QBs went 4 of 8 for 76 yds.  1 TD.  They had 227 rushing yds for a total of 303 offensive yds.
Huskey had 25 carries for 161 yds.  Three carries we're at the start of the 3rd quarter, the other 22 were in the 1st half.

Goblins 1st and 2nd defensive squads really stepped up tonight.  Like I said earlier, offense puts up points, defense wins the game.
Great 60 yd kickoff return TD tonight by special teams.
I also realized that R. Jones can kick punts with either foot.  Harrison soccer skills kicking in.  ;D

Go Postal

Hey Grill, you were right.  The Goblins had to hear that scratchy cat call over their PA when they make a TD only one time and they said, "Enough of that s##t".

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on October 12, 2018, 10:09:30 pm
Hey Grill, you were right.  The Goblins had to hear that scratchy cat call over their PA when they make a TD only one time and they said, "Enough of that s##t".

LOL! I was thinking of that when I logged in on the stream and saw you guys behind in the 1st Q. Gobs took care of that after first blue score.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas