• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport End of the Year

Started by whippersnapper, December 14, 2014, 01:00:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

First I want to say congratulations to Coach Harrison,  the staff, and Greyhounds for winning a conference championship this season.
I remember thinking back in June when I did the 'My Takes' I didn't predict an exact record or playoff run for the hounds. I only predicted them to win conference and they did finishing with a record of 8-3. I want to recognize the seniors for a moment as they have had a great high school careers. They had an overall record of 25-10, won 71% of their games, 2 playoff victories, 1 conference championship and help continue the longest active playoff streak to 28 years. #4 Gunnar Bullard has been the QB for the last 3 years and his results were wins. He didn't ever post the big numbers like most of the pass happy offenses now a days but he was a 3 time all conference section for a reason. I remember his sophomore year in the 1st round of the playoffs down 40-38 to Farmington with 47 seconds left, Coach Poole called time out. Coach Harrison then OC calls a pass play to win the ball game. Gunnar threw a perfect pass to the back shoulder of Garret Smith for a greyhound victory. Next is Khairan Stafford, this young man is one of the most humble players I have ever met. Also one of the nicest. But when he put that orange helmet on he became a 2 time All State linebacker. He isn't the fastest but he his instincts and pursuit makes up for it. Colton Willis is a guy I didn't know what to expect when I first met him. He along side stafford proved to be one of the best pair of linebackers in the state. He was voted All State this season and 2 time all conference. Now these 3 were not the only seniors on the team but were voted as captains which is a great honor as well.
I do want to recognize the other seniors though. All conference this year was DeAndre Elston, McCabe Cordell, Jesse Simmons and Hayden Schultz while Keith Worsham received honorable mention. The others were Denver Smith, Charley Bell, Tyler Asher, Will Golden, Terrell Roddy, and Darren Biggers.             
Go Hounds.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas