• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mena did win today!

Started by FootBallar21, December 13, 2014, 10:39:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FootBallar21

Mena's football program,  still comes out as big winners at seasons end.
Picked to finish 6th in the very tough 7-4A,   They road a hot streak all the way to the state championship in Little Rock.   Mena's first game ever at War Memorial Stadium.  And the fans did not disappoint,  Both sides were rocking and Warrens was louder later in the game of course ,  But Mena looked to of had 500 plus more fans in the stands and most of them stayed the entire game, to cheer on a great team.    But what Mena truly won today and this season, was getting the entire town back into the football spirit.  Football is big in every town and it sometimes comes and goes in Mena,  But I believe they have rejuvenated it back in Mena that should carry on for years and years to come.  Which can hopefully result in getting more and more kids interested in being part of something great moving forward.   I watched tons of little kids running around talking about when they get up there ,  or what it'll be like if they someday get a shot to play in at War Memorial Stadium.    Mena losses a very hard working , blue collar, tough as nails senior class and I'm sure next year will be a struggle at times replacing all these kids.   But one can only look forward and right now the Mena football program is floating higher than it has in 38 years and the future looks bright!   WTG GUYS ON A GREAT RUN AND A REMARKABLE SEASON!   

Bigbossman

December 14, 2014, 12:12:42 am #1 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:20:06 pm by Bigbossman
Yada yada yada

mr.b@sc

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 13, 2014, 10:39:10 pm
Picked to finish 6th in the very tough 7-4A,   They road a hot streak all the way to the state championship in Little Rock.   Mena's first game ever at War Memorial Stadium.  And the fans did not disappoint,  Both sides were rocking and Warrens was louder later in the game of course ,  But Mena looked to of had 500 plus more fans in the stands and most of them stayed the entire game, to cheer on a great team.    But what Mena truly won today and this season, was getting the entire town back into the football spirit.  Football is big in every town and it sometimes comes and goes in Mena,  But I believe they have rejuvenated it back in Mena that should carry on for years and years to come.  Which can hopefully result in getting more and more kids interested in being part of something great moving forward.   I watched tons of little kids running around talking about when they get up there ,  or what it'll be like if they someday get a shot to play in at War Memorial Stadium.    Mena losses a very hard working , blue collar, tough as nails senior class and I'm sure next year will be a struggle at times replacing all these kids.   But one can only look forward and right now the Mena football program is floating higher than it has in 38 years and the future looks bright!   WTG GUYS ON A GREAT RUN AND A REMARKABLE SEASON!   
did you go to sunday school this morning and ask for forgiveness for upsetting the coach/preacher ?

spongebob

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 13, 2014, 10:39:10 pm

Yep. They won 2nd place all to themselves

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas