• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Championship Game Aftermath

Started by LJ06, December 13, 2014, 08:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

I want to personally congratulate the Warren players and coaches on another successful season on the gridiron. It was a truly special year and this team hung together after last years devastating loss to Booneville in the finals. This team had plenty of grit and never backed down when faced with adversity. Hats off to you guys on a job well done and getting the monkey off Warrens back by bringing the title back home. Also can't be any more proud of our head Jack in Bo Hembree. 3 state titles is something to be proud of indeed for one head coach and when you combine that with 10 conference titles and 151 wins in 15 seasons, well it's hard to argue ole' Bo is one of the best in the state. Also one final shout out to this special senior class. Finishing with a record of 30-3 against 4A competition since 2012, 1 state title and 1 state runner up, this is one of the best classes to ever come through Warren. Darn proud of them.

Mena was a good team and I don't care how the outcome of this game ended, no one needs to take anything away from the Bearcat players on their season. These guys were picked to finish 5th in their own conference and any state championship game thoughts for these guys in the preseason would have gotten you laughed out of wherever you were. These guys played tough all year and made a great run to make it to the Rock. There is nothing wrong with being state runner-ups and it is a feat in itself just being able to play inside WMS, most players don't have that privilege. Great job by Mena and I know your town is proud of you as well.

This game was dominated in every way by the Lumberjacks. There was an obvious separation by the two teams in two aspects, speed and strength. Warren manhandled Mena on the lines and Mena had no answer for the speed of Warren. I think this showed the most on the defensive side of the football for Warren. The 'Jacks closing speed to the football is unreal and we saw that this afternoon. Mena tried to attack East and West and you simply can't do that against a team with more speed. It was a great game plan for Warren and obvious that we were going to roll with Cox and let him win it for us. In the end it was more than enough for a victory. The Lumberjacks showed poise and played like champions against a good team. It was a great atmosphere today and a ton of fan support from both towns. I even met several people from other towns in support of Warren today. Met some very nice guys from Heber who were a class act all the way. Anyway perfect day for a state championship and it was great to see things rockin in the Rock once again.

Also, been a great year on FF and been a pleasure meeting some new faces this season. I know we like to kid and haze one another on here from time to time, but it's a great feeling to have a kind of family atmosphere on here as well.  It was a truly great year in 4A and we can only hope that 2015 brings us as much fun and excitement as 2014 has.

bearcatfan57

+ 1 thank you for showing complete class and congratulations on your championship you definitely earned it

LJ06

Quote from: bearcatfan57 on December 13, 2014, 08:59:34 pm
+ 1 thank you for showing complete class and congratulations on your championship you definitely earned it

Everybody I met/spoke with today from Mena were class acts. Great day for football today. Keep your heads up Mena Bearcats, great year!

AirWarren

Class. Proud to be a part of another great warren lumberjack season.

STUNNA

Romeo

These seniors might go down as the best in Warren history. They were thrown into the wolves as freshmen. As many as seven started in the 2011 season. They came in a year prior to us having the worst season under the Hembree era and 2011 could have been worst. There were question marks about us declining as a program and whether we can survive a season with so many freshman and sophomores starting. Instead, they helped us have a solid season that year and we progressively got better each year. The seniors helped maintain our excellence as a program and its a joy to see them being rewarded for all their hard work over the years.

Superjack45

December 13, 2014, 09:36:45 pm #6 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:39:32 pm by Superjack45
This has been a long time coming for these young men I myself spoke this when they were in the 5th grade, that these young kids will play for a championship by the time they get into High school and little did I know that they would play for 2. I am so proud of these young men blood,sweat and tears has finally gotten them that prize that they have been seeking after. I am surely proud of #65 my son he was the smallest OL on the team and on the field of play in every game but he played like a GIANT all of the time, that's why I call him Mighty Mite. Proud of you son and all the rest of the Jacks for a great year and job well done.

Jacketman65

Congrats to the Lumberjacks on a great season and whow, what a way to end it!  Seems that after the D-way loss you guys took your game to another level and played lights out! 

phdefense

Quote from: Romeo on December 13, 2014, 09:32:18 pm
These seniors might go down as the best in Warren history. They were thrown into the wolves as freshmen. As many as seven started in the 2011 season. They came in a year prior to us having the worst season under the Hembree era and 2011 could have been worst. There were question marks about us declining as a program and whether we can survive a season with so many freshman and sophomores starting. Instead, they helped us have a solid season that year and we progressively got better each year. The seniors helped maintain our excellence as a program and its a joy to see them being rewarded for all their hard work over the years.
Warren can say that for the past 3 years the championship went through them.

AirWarren

FootBallar21

Thanks LJ,  Much like myself can talk crap,  but its all in good fun.  and I believe we both have respect for both programs in the aftermath too.     This Warren team IMO,  will go down as a great Warren team,  but probably should be one of the better 4A teams I truly believe they are that good ,  and honestly,  I blame Warren for most of my optimism  about Mena's strong chances this week and smack talk,  because had yall taken care of Dollarway in conference,  I would of already seen how great you guys were!    Instead it took until about the start of the 2nd quarter to truly realize how good you guys were!     Once again Congrats on an amazing season!   

LJ06

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 13, 2014, 10:28:52 pm
Thanks LJ,  Much like myself can talk crap,  but its all in good fun.  and I believe we both have respect for both programs in the aftermath too.     This Warren team IMO,  will go down as a great Warren team,  but probably should be one of the better 4A teams I truly believe they are that good ,  and honestly,  I blame Warren for most of my optimism  about Mena's strong chances this week and smack talk,  because had yall taken care of Dollarway in conference,  I would of already seen how great you guys were!    Instead it took until about the start of the 2nd quarter to truly realize how good you guys were!     Once again Congrats on an amazing season!   

We pulled a Nashville and had an off night ;D

Romeo

My favorite part of the game was in the last few minutes watching Coach Hembree still coaching and hammering his second team players well into the mercy rule. That summed up where we are as a program today. Its the same standard Nick Saban has set at Alabama. Saban has the set the same standards for everyone in the program from the first team starters, to backups, to even the janitor that cleans the football facility. Great leaders build great cultures develop leaders who build and strengthen that culture and then reinforce what their culture stands for. That's what Coach Hembree has done at Warren.

AirWarren

Bigbossman

mr.b@sc

Romeo

I think there should be at least 6 Warren seniors that sign to play college football. Darveon and Jaylon are already committed to Arkansas State. Cox, Terrez Hampton, Caylx Harris and LaFoy Smith should also be playing somewhere. Possibly more.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Romeo on December 14, 2014, 04:01:52 pm
I think there should be at least 6 Warren seniors that sign to play college football. Darveon and Jaylon are already committed to Arkansas State. Cox, Terrez Hampton, Caylx Harris and LaFoy Smith should also be playing somewhere. Possibly more.
this class had some talented athletes..i enjoyed watching them play but am proud to see the graduate ...just maybe yall will be down enough next year that we will win the "super bowl" lol

LJ06

I'd also add Aaron Church to that list

LJ06

Quote from: mr.b@sc on December 14, 2014, 04:07:36 pm
this class had some talented athletes..i enjoyed watching them play but am proud to see the graduate ...just maybe yall will be down enough next year that we will win the "super bowl" lol

It will be the best opportunity since 2010. If you can't beat us next year before the next crop of guys comes through it might be a while.

Romeo

Quote from: LJ06 on December 14, 2014, 04:16:50 pm

The only thing with Church is that he's a bit undersized for his current position. Twenty years ago I would say he definitely could play at the next level but these days even division II teams have big linemen.

Jack1990

Quote from: Romeo on December 14, 2014, 05:26:09 pm

The only thing with Church is that he's a bit undersized for his current position. Twenty years ago I would say he definitely could play at the next level but these days even division II teams have big linemen.
Word on the street is that he is going to follow in his big brother's steps and play at OBU.

Romeo

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 14, 2014, 05:29:20 pm
Quote from: Romeo on December 14, 2014, 05:26:09 pm

Word on the street is that he is going to follow in his big brother's steps and play at OBU.

That's excellent news.

AirWarren

One of those young men that Romeo listed told me over the summer that he was highly considering West Point and that he attended a camp for them. Hope that pans out for him. High character young man in the class and out of the class.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 14, 2014, 05:40:59 pm
One of those young men that Romeo listed told me over the summer that he was highly considering West Point and that he attended a camp for them. Hope that pans out for him. High character young man in the class and out of the class.
I know Harris was at one time considering West Point... I think if Broughton wants to he could also play at the next level possibly.

Romeo

Isn't Justin Hall still at West Point?

Jack1990

December 14, 2014, 05:48:22 pm #26 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:50:52 pm by Jack1990
Last time I talked to him he was. And checking their roster... he is listed as  Jr. Wide receiver.

Blazer51

Quote from: Romeo on December 13, 2014, 09:32:18 pm

I remember walking off the field to end my senior season at warren and told myself these freshmen will win it all when they were seniors. I'm glad I stuck by that, I have rooted for warren all season!

LumberFan

First i would also say Congrats to the Lumberjacks and the Town of Warren . This was one of the most complete teams i have watched , from the top to the bottom everyone did there job.  Gorman's Stats (unofficial) 171 of 282 , 2,851yrds , 31 tds, 1 rush td ,4 ints and Avg 40 yrds punting. Not bad for playing only half of most of the games. Now i say that to say this , It all starts upfront. The line play was outstanding all year and he had time to throw. Those guys never gave up and i would say they are one of the best lines in the state. Also i thought the run game set up the pass , because it was what would you rather happen.  The Defense was also very good and Fast , one of the best ones i have seen. And i will not forget Special Teams , in the big games i think that made the difference. Expecially with Dardanelle. Each player is a piece of a big puzzle that just worked!

AirWarren

Gorman answered the call. He had big shoes to fill from last years quarterback. And he got it done. So proud to have him as a lumberjack and he is a state champion quarterback now.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on December 14, 2014, 09:49:47 pm
Gorman answered the call. He had big shoes to fill from last years quarterback. And he got it done. So proud to have him as a lumberjack and he is a state champion quarterback now.

I'll hand it to Gorman. He played some big time football in the playoffs and made the clutch throws when we had to have em.

Romeo

I had my reservations before the start of the season and I was critical after the Pulaski Academy game. But Gorman ended up doing what myself and other Warren fans initially doubted could be done. He came in during critical moments in the Stuttgart and Crossett games and led us to victory, then led us through the rest of the season. Not bad for a Hermitage transfer.

STUNNA

Pretty impressive stats from Gorman.

Superjack45

December 15, 2014, 08:02:34 am #33 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:46:13 am by Superjack45
His dad is so proud of him,meet him at IHOP before the game Saturday and he was so proud of what he had accomplished so far. He took the helm at QB and got the jacks to the Finals and won it. Thanks Gorman you did what a lot of people didn't think you could, very proud of you and thanks for moving to Warren to become a Lumberjack.

STUNNA

Anybody. Have the final stats on cox season?

FootBallar21

how did Warren's 6th grade team look this year ?

AirWarren

FootBallar21

Might be Mena's next really good team coming up if they can stay together!   

Romeo

Its great that they were able to raise $3400 for championship rings today. I just hope someone has enough technical sense to start an online fund so they can get alumni from out of the city.

Superjack45

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 15, 2014, 04:41:00 pm
how did Warren's 6th grade team look this year ?
You should be asking about their 8th and 9th grade team.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Romeo on December 15, 2014, 09:27:22 pm
Its great that they were able to raise $3400 for championship rings today. I just hope someone has enough technical sense to start an online fund so they can get alumni from out of the city.
Just mail your donation to 1902 Fairway st. Stuttgart AR 72160 c/o Cuckoobird. Cash is the preferred method of payment. I will forward it on to LJ and the Jack nation

STUNNA

Yep... They need to figure something out

Blazer51

Quote from: STUNNA on December 18, 2014, 07:48:53 am
Yep... They need to figure something out

On average how much do they cost?

Superjack45

They need about $24,000 dollars cause I think everybody and their momma gets one including the Principal, vice Principal and Superintendent and so on and so forth lol!!

Blazer51

Quote from: Superjack45 on December 18, 2014, 08:58:05 am
They need about $24,000 dollars cause I think everybody and their momma gets one including the Principal, vice Principal and Superintendent and so on and so forth lol!!

That's stupid.... It should be limited to players, coaches, and trainers!

mr.b@sc

that is crazy..i have never heard of anyone besides the players and coaching staff getting a ring.

LJ06

Quote from: mr.b@sc on December 18, 2014, 09:06:42 am
that is crazy..i have never heard of anyone besides the players and coaching staff getting a ring.

And IMO they shouldn't.  The only people who should be given any credit to winning a title is the players themselves and the staff that coaches them.  Those are the ones who gave up many hours for the season and made sacrifices through blood, sweat, and tears all year, taking place wayyyyy before August practices.  For some reason I think even the cheerleaders get a ring, necklace or something like it.  I believe it was the same way in '01 and '02.  Heck why not give the band something too while we are it. 

STUNNA

LJ06

cuckoobird

Quote from: LJ06 on December 18, 2014, 09:24:04 am
Quote from: mr.b@sc on December 18, 2014, 09:06:42 am

And IMO they shouldn't.  The only people who should be given any credit to winning a title is the players themselves and the staff that coaches them.  Those are the ones who gave up many hours for the season and made sacrifices through blood, sweat, and tears all year, taking place wayyyyy before August practices.  For some reason I think even the cheerleaders get a ring, necklace or something like it.  I believe it was the same way in '01 and '02.  Heck why not give the band something too while we are it.
Well when you aren't accustomed to winning championships this is what goes on......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas