• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mercy ruled in the state finals?

Started by SGT.HULKA, December 13, 2014, 02:45:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SGT.HULKA

Obviously Mena had some starters out, because they are unbeatable at full strength. 😉

THE D.O.C

Quote from: SGT.HULKA on December 13, 2014, 02:45:30 pm
Obviously Mena had some starters out, because they are unbeatable at full strength. 😉
The starters got knocked out the game.

FootBallar21

Mena played hard.   Not their best game. But didn't matter.    Warren was by far the better team.  Would of won 10
Out of 10 vs mena.    3 or 4 of them would of or could of been much closer but that doesn't matter.   Warren was by far the best team Mena played all year. And with dardanelle's only loss by 1 point to warren they should be the 2nd best team.      Did warren mercy rule everyone in the playoffs besides dardanelle ?

Mena had a good run beating a very tough stat city team.  Then arkadelphia and a very hot Malvern team who was on a roll!  Great season for the bearcats.   

The Coach

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 13, 2014, 04:26:34 pm
Mena played hard.   Not their best game. But didn't matter.    Warren was by far the better team.  Would of won 10
Out of 10 vs mena.    3 or 4 of them would of or could of been much closer but that doesn't matter.   Warren was by far the best team Mena played all year. And with dardanelle's only loss by 1 point to warren they should be the 2nd best team.      Did warren mercy rule everyone in the playoffs besides dardanelle ?

Mena had a good run beating a very tough stat city team.  Then arkadelphia and a very hot Malvern team who was on a roll!  Great season for the bearcats.   
Well said! Mena indeed deserves a lot of credit for a great year.

Cowkilr13

If the score was 48-14 Mena wasn't mercy ruled. It take 35 points for that to happen. Just saying.

LJ06

Quote from: Cowkilr13 on December 13, 2014, 08:28:06 pm
If the score was 48-14 Mena wasn't mercy ruled. It take 35 points for that to happen. Just saying.

It was 35-0 in the 3rd quarter. It was a mercy rule. Just saying.

whippersnapper

Quote from: LJ06 on December 13, 2014, 08:31:01 pm

And in a triple a ran event they messed up the mercy rule the whole time. Just sayin

OldScrap

LJ06

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 13, 2014, 08:33:24 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on December 13, 2014, 08:31:01 pm

And in a triple a ran event they messed up the mercy rule the whole time. Just sayin

Doesn't the mercy ruled team have to accept the mercy rule in order for the clock to run though? We ran into this problem two weeks ago at Shiloh Christian where they wouldn't run the clock because the supposedly rejected the mercy rule.

whippersnapper

Never heard this. I'll definitely ask around

LJ06

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 13, 2014, 09:01:28 pm

Believe me I hadn't either until we played Shiloh. Of course it could just be a Champions Stadium thing lol.

mr.b@sc

i think if both coaches agree the mercy rule is optional..

Bigbossman

Quote from: LJ06 on December 13, 2014, 09:03:31 pm
Quote from: whippersnapper on December 13, 2014, 09:01:28 pm

Believe me I hadn't either until we played Shiloh. Of course it could just be a Champions Stadium thing lol.
Aint that the truth.

Superjack45

the score was 35-0 in the 3rd quarter so yes it was MERCY rule. I took a picture of the score board.

Jack1990

The mercy rule both in Shiloh and in the state championship was handled as the guidance and the procedure says to run the clock. It still stops to reset the chains, on scores, timeouts, injured players, and penalties. The only major change when it is ran correctly is that the clock does not stop on incomplete passes and when the player runs out of bounds. Feel free to look up the mercy/sportsmanship rule on the AAA website. Coaches can agree to make the clock run more, but I have never been told of a situation when the coaches can refuse the rule.

Bigbossman

Thanks for clearing that up jack1990.

So I bet what happened at champion stadium that lj was talking about is , "a higher authority"  ;) prob descended down and spoke to ronnie floyd directly and told him how the mercy rule was to be aministered. I bet that's what it was. 

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: Jack1990 on December 14, 2014, 12:00:48 am
The mercy rule both in Shiloh and in the state championship was handled as the guidance and the procedure says to run the clock. It still stops to reset the chains, on scores, timeouts, injured players, and penalties. The only major change when it is ran correctly is that the clock does not stop on incomplete passes and when the player runs out of bounds. Feel free to look up the mercy/sportsmanship rule on the AAA website. Coaches can agree to make the clock run more, but I have never been told of a situation when the coaches can refuse the rule.
you are correct

Tigerdad2

I wish their was a better way to get the two best teams in the state championship. It always seems like one side of the bracket is way stronger than the other. I know 2 out of the last 3 years it has been this way. Ant Ideas?

STUNNA

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 14, 2014, 09:52:15 am
I wish their was a better way to get the two best teams in the state championship. It always seems like one side of the bracket is way stronger than the other. I know 2 out of the last 3 years it has been this way. Ant Ideas?
Last year the best two teams played for the title

AirWarren

whippersnapper

There is really no real way to determine the playoffs. Each year conference strengths switch and different teams either over achieve or under achieve. If Warren would've beaten $way would this question even have come up? I doubt it.

FootBallar21

It is warrens fault.   If they beat Dollarway the playoffs would of been perfect.   
Warren Mena on the top half
Dardanelle nashville on the bottom
Can't blame the system this year warren didn't win their conference. 

WPWells

I don't necessarily know how well this would work, but I think it would be interesting for a committee to seed the bracket after all the teams have qualified

AirWarren

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 14, 2014, 10:46:33 am
I don't necessarily know how well this would work, but I think it would be interesting for a committee to seed the bracket after all the teams have qualified

Too much work for the AAA. A typical state ran job. All that people care about that work for the state is pay day and quitting time.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 14, 2014, 09:52:15 am
I like the Louisiana playoff system of rankings determining the seeding. Example: 5A takes top 4 from each conference making 16 playoff teams. They could use a system in which the top 16 RANKED teams get seeded in a 1 vs 16/ 2 vs 15 type set up. Same for all classes. This would make for a less entertaining 1st and 2nd rd games but a larger likelihood of getting the best championship or semi final match up. Just an option. I would even be ok with hootens being responsible for the ranking/seeding order.

kjjackson

Then you just make it a beauty contest instead of a play-off. If teams aren't considered good enough to be in the final then they just shouldn't be in the play-off. Just take the conference champs if you're gonna do that.

FootBallar21

at the end of the day it doesn't matter all that much,  the Bottom Line,  the best team still wins and that is the most important thing,    They can't get it right every year no matter what.    the 7-4A could of had 4 of the top 6 teams in the state,  behind only Warren and Dardanelle,  But yet Mena had to go thru Malvern and Arkadelphia ,  that could be fixed to,  but at the end of the day,   Warren was the best team and still won.     

Bigbossman

Quote from: AirWarren on December 14, 2014, 10:52:11 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 14, 2014, 10:46:33 am

Too much work for the AAA. A typical state ran job. All that people care about that work for the state is pay day and quitting time.
Exactly.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas