• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens Farm Bureau Finalists: Defense

Started by whippersnapper, December 08, 2014, 10:27:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think is the best?

Emanual Cooper- Arkadelphia
14 (34.1%)
Jackson Daugherty- Mena
19 (46.3%)
Dajunn Harris- Star City
8 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

whippersnapper

FootBallar21

Pettiway should of been on the defensive list not the Offensive from Hootens but o well, either way this should be Jacksons Award!   
and we should of had the sweep, with Sage in the offensive and Harper at coach!    Great year to be a bearcat!

LJ06

Dang Mena has the best coach, best offensive player and best defensive player in 4A. If yall lose then that's gonna make it way worse on you guys lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on December 08, 2014, 01:18:43 pm
Dang Mena has the best coach, best offensive player and best defensive player in 4A. If yall lose then that's gonna make it way worse on you guys lol.

Makes you wonder why all the crying and whoa as me attitude since they have the best of everything.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 08, 2014, 02:29:59 pm

Makes you wonder why all the crying and whoa as me attitude since they have the best of everything.

This guy is still upset about the beat down he received in 2001

AirWarren

Chad poole putting their "star" running back out of the game on the opening kickoff, haha.

FootBallar21

Coach award is based off of what was expected and overachieving means a lot.   I do believe Harper will out Coach Bo Saturday though.   
and yall should know about having the best and still losing remember,  Jaruis Wright ,  Gregg Childs and Chris Gragg their team lost!

LJ06

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 08, 2014, 02:47:59 pm

Coach award is based off of what was expected and overachieving means a lot.   I do believe Harper will out Coach Bo Saturday though.   
and yall should know about having the best and still losing remember,  Jaruis Wright ,  Gregg Childs and Chris Gragg their team lost!

Same song same tune with this guy

STUNNA

His record proves that he has outcoached a ton of teams

AirWarren

FootBallar21

Quote from: AirWarren on December 08, 2014, 02:42:24 pm
Chad poole putting their "star" running back out of the game on the opening kickoff, haha.

He was good he wasn't our Star RB,  he was solid ,   he wouldn't be starting on this team,     our QB was probably our best player on that team,    he did a little bit of everything,  QB, Safety,  Punter, Punt Returner.   But even him wouldn't start on this team!     
This Mena team is like the Miami Heat,  before Lebron Left,  they are just Amazing!   
Last I heard Razorbacks are sending 4 coaches to watch the game,  Plan on offering Half the team full scholarships!

AirWarren

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 08, 2014, 02:54:00 pm

He was good he wasn't our Star RB,  he was solid ,   he wouldn't be starting on this team,     our QB was probably our best player on that team,    he did a little bit of everything,  QB, Safety,  Punter, Punt Returner.   But even him wouldn't start on this team!     
This Mena team is like the Miami Heat,  before Lebron Left,  they are just Amazing!   
Last I heard Razorbacks are sending 4 coaches to watch the game,  Plan on offering Half the team full scholarships!

Getting deep in here, son.

LJ06

December 08, 2014, 03:00:18 pm #12 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:06:24 pm by LJ06
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 08, 2014, 02:54:00 pm

Blazer51

Quote from: AirWarren on December 08, 2014, 02:50:22 pm

Had to give you a +1. Lol

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

December 08, 2014, 03:12:28 pm #14 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:20:03 pm by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48
Wow, who knew Mena had this many fans. Pouring out if the woodwork here. FB21, seriously, you need to take a step back and relax. I feel like you sir are single handily digging the Bearats grave.

I think this will be a great ballgame between two exceptional teams. I hope it's as good a game as the fans are trying to set it up to be. However, if Warren hammers Mena you're seriously going to want to steer clear of this board for like.....weeks. If your goal was to portray Mena as world beaters, you've succeeded. If it was to make sure te state knew you had the best coach, QB, DL.....kicker.....water boy......cheerleading sponsor, again, congrats. If it was to overtake the Stuttgart crew as the most obnoxious poster on FF, you have definitely accomplished that.

One thing tho, and don't get this confused. Bo Hembree is the better coach in this match-up. Please don't try to fool yourself on that FACT! Harper has done a great job, but Hembree is one of the best coaches in the state. Period.

--Kyle

LJ06

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 08, 2014, 03:12:28 pm
Wow, who knew Mena had this many fans. Pouring out if the woodwork here. FB21, seriously, you need to take a step back and relax. I feel like you sir are single handily digging the Bearats grave.

I think this will be a great ballgame between two exceptional teams. I hope it's as good a game as the fans are trying to set it up to be. However, if Warren hammers Mena you're seriously going to want to steer clear of this board for like.....weeks. If your goal was to portray Mena as world beaters, you've succeeded. If it was to make sure te state knew you had the eat coach, QB, DL.....kicker.....water boy......cheerleading sponsor, again, congrats. If it was to overtake the Stuttgart crew as the most obnoxious poster on FF, you have definitely accomplished that.

One thing tho, and don't get this confused. Bo Hembree is the better coach in this match-up. Please don't try to fool yourself on that FACT! Harper has done a great job, but Hembree is one of the best coaches in the state. Period.

--Kyle

FootBallar21

clearly, sarcasm has eluded the City of Warren.   
I will try not to use it anymore and only type words of 3 or 4 letters to help every one follow!   

The Coach

FootBallar21

Quote from: The Coach on December 08, 2014, 04:12:39 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 08, 2014, 12:02:09 pm
and we should of had the sweep, with Sage in the offensive

No you shouldn't.

who has better numbers and a team that went deep in the playoffs than Kesterson ?

The Coach

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 08, 2014, 04:18:09 pm

No you shouldn't.

who has better numbers and a team that went deep in the playoffs than Kesterson ?

Kristian Thompson is the BEST QB in 4A for 2014 period. He put up HUGE numbers in the playoffs vs the toughest playoff draw of ANY team. He would've put up untouchable numbers had he played the entire game more then 4-5 times. Before you throw out the conf crap he would have done the same in the 7-4A since Dardanelle would have likely won that conference.

FootBallar21

Quote from: The Coach on December 08, 2014, 04:24:43 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 08, 2014, 04:18:09 pm

No you shouldn't.

Kristian Thompson is the BEST QB in 4A for 2014 period. He put up HUGE numbers in the playoffs vs the toughest playoff draw of ANY team. He is the best QB and would've put up untouchable numbers had he played the entire game more then 4-5 times. Before you throw out the conf crap he would have done the same in the 7-4A since Dardanelle would have likely won that conference.

Dardanelle doesn't likely Win the 7-4A just because they beat Nashville in the playoffs.    Arkadelphia, Ashdown, Malvern, Mena, Fountain Lake would of all had something to say about that!  And even IF DARDANELLE would of won the 7-4A he would NOT of put up no where near as good of numbers,   He might of had more yards because he would of had to play the entire game, a lot more often,  but his TD to INT ratio and total TD's would of been DOWN!
You don't go from playing one of least Athletic conferences who doesn't matchup good against a good passing game,  and who was considered one of the weaker conferences most of the year.   To Playing in BY FAR the best conference which featured ,  4 top 10 teams,  all very athletic with better defenses than anyone in the 4-4A that Dardanelle Played!   I have given Thompson his dues before,  and he is the only one besides kesterson with an Argument,   
Kesterson has quite a few more yards,  and played in a tougher conference,    but Thompson rarely played the entire game! 
But like I said Last week,  Hopefully both teams take care of business and this argument of the Best QB can be decided in Little Rock,   Well Kesterson lead Mena to a 3 TD win,   while Thompson was held  Scoreless in the 2nd half vs Warren.    That answered the question for me on who was the better QB!

The Coach

December 08, 2014, 04:46:56 pm #21 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:02:56 pm by The Coach
So Kesterson can put those numbers up in the vaunted 7-4A but Thompson can't? That's a JOKE in its self.

Ive seen the "best" defense the 7-4A had and Thompson went for 225 yards rushing at their place. Dardanelle went for 300+ on the ground.

As a matter of fact Ive seen every team in the 7-4A and NONE of them would've stopped him. I was all about you guys doing well but your ignorance has really made me think other wise.

For the record Dardanelle was not held scoreless in the 2nd half last week. Thompson had over 100 yards rushing vs Warren also. Just came up 1 point short.

FootBallar21

Quote from: The Coach on December 08, 2014, 04:46:56 pm
Ive seen the "best" defense the 7-4A had and Thompson went for 225 yards rushing at their place.
As a matter of fact Ive seen every team in the 7-4A and NONE of them would've stopped him. Dardanelle beats anyone in the 7-4A and Nashville would've been the only one to stay close. I was all about you guys doing well but your ignorance has really made me think other wise.

For the record Dardanelle was not held scoreless in the 2nd half last week.

so Dardanelle Mercy Rules, Mena, Malvern, Arkadelphia ?      and you were expecting Mena to play Warren Close and do good,  but yet if they played Dardanelle it would then be a blowout ,   you're lost .     Mena's defense has out played Nashville's the past 5,6 weeks! so you haven't played the best team or the best defense from the 7-4A 

But FOR ANY team to think they could go in the 7-4A this year especially and roll everyone , Is just dumb!   
the 7-4A was like the SEC West,   anyone of the top teams could beat anyone of the others any week,   and every game was a battle! 
Thompson only rushed for 225 VS Nashville?  Last I checked Fountain Lake put up a lot more rushing yards than that on Nashville!

D-TOWN LIZARD

He wasn't held scoreless in the second half, and quit crying kesterson will be sittin at home without a championship on Sunday......and no way malvern compares to warren.  Dardanelle and warren are by far the two best teams in the 4a.  If mena would've had the road Dardanelle did they would've been out way before the 4th round.  But yea, keep thinkin mena is as good as both if them.....u'll see Saturday around 230 that ur not!  And u made a comment that the "Dardanelle kid is at home, or playing basketball or something.  Well at least while he is at home he is making times that college coaches can come by his home and speak to his parents.  Wats that Mena kid gonna be doin since it's not gonna be ordering a championship ring.  FYI-Thompson only had one interception this year.  Warren wins big!!!

The Coach

December 08, 2014, 05:01:01 pm #24 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:04:26 pm by The Coach
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 08, 2014, 04:53:11 pm
Quote from: The Coach on December 08, 2014, 04:46:56 pm
Ive seen the "best" defense the 7-4A had and Thompson went for 225 yards rushing at their place.
As a matter of fact Ive seen every team in the 7-4A and NONE of them would've stopped him. Dardanelle beats anyone in the 7-4A and Nashville would've been the only one to stay close. I was all about you guys doing well but your ignorance has really made me think other wise.

For the record Dardanelle was not held scoreless in the 2nd half last week.

so Dardanelle Mercy Rules, Mena, Malvern, Arkadelphia ?      and you were expecting Mena to play Warren Close and do good,  but yet if they played Dardanelle it would then be a blowout ,   you're lost .     Mena's defense has out played Nashville's the past 5,6 weeks! so you haven't played the best team or the best defense from the 7-4A 

But FOR ANY team to think they could go in the 7-4A this year especially and roll everyone , Is just dumb!   
the 7-4A was like the SEC West,   anyone of the top teams could beat anyone of the others any week,   and every game was a battle! 
Thompson only rushed for 225 VS Nashville?  Last I checked Fountain Lake put up a lot more rushing yards than that on Nashville!

Nashville was the best team in the 7-4A hence they WON the conference and Dardanelle went to their place and physically dominated them. They did the same to Ftn Lake since you keep throwing them in there.

I never said mercy rule but Dardanelle beats the other 3 playoff teams from the 7-4A yes. Mena hasn't seen a team as physical as Warren or Dardanelle this year.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Haven't u heard?  Nashville had an "off night" against ft. Lake.!!  The thing is Thompson didn't have to do it all, he had many weapons to help.  Apparently the way u r talking the only players on mena are kesterson and Daugherty.  And it has been said before, kestersons passing yards mostly come from short passes and the runs after them..  So dnt act like he's a Ty storey or something.

Thorn

All fear the mighty flock! Nobody got nothin on the ricebirds. I dont care what nobody sez.
Fear the flock.

FootBallar21

Nashville won the conference because Mena had 3 starters ,  Including the Future Hootens Landers Awarad winner on Defense Daughtery.    Or Mena would be your 7-4A winner!     
7-4A was clearly the best conference, just think you guys are making yourself look dumb, just assuming he would run threw the conference that is all,  have a good day!

The Coach

December 08, 2014, 06:48:44 pm #28 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:38:47 am by The Coach
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 08, 2014, 06:40:56 pm
Nashville won the conference because Mena had 3 starters ,  Including the Future Hootens Landers Awarad winner on Defense Daughtery.    Or Mena would be your 7-4A winner!     
7-4A was clearly the best conference, just think you guys are making yourself look dumb, just assuming he would run threw the conference that is all,  have a good day!

Be glad you didn't win it or Dardanelle would've beat you in the Quarterfinals.

Nashville won because they went 6-1 and Mena went 5-2 that's a Fact!!

Nobody stopped him all year. Warren slowed him and he still rushed for over 100 yards.

Bigbossman

Once again. Mena wins saturday, only give rings to anyone who did not play against nashville.

~WPS~

35-7

FootBallar21

Just looks like Dardanelle fans have join the ranks of Nashville fans, jealous of Mena's side of the bracket and the run the bearcats are on.   Maybe next year, you could throw a game Like Star City did,  so you can be ON Mena's side of the bracket,   

I believe 4 WEEKS AGO,  I Was quoted as to saying,   AFTER THIS WEEK STAR CITY might be regretting throwing that game to get to face Mena in the 2nd round vs Warren.  Well it looks like it didn't matter who they faced,  but we will see how close to a TRUE STATEMENT THAT WAS SATURDAY!

The Coach

December 08, 2014, 06:59:26 pm #32 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:03:42 pm by The Coach
Nobodys jealous just a realist as to which side was BY FAR the toughest

The draw is part of it. Like it or not the bottom was Loaded more so then the top.

FootBallar21

Quote from: The Coach on December 08, 2014, 06:59:26 pm
Nobodys jealous just a realist as to which side was BY FAR the toughest

The draw is part of it. Like it or not the bottom was Loaded more so then the top.

No one was arguing with that,   it was a lot closer than Most think ,   With Dollarway who won the 8-4A ,  and Malvern and Mena, 2 teams who would of easily won any conference outside of 8 and 4-4A

The Coach

December 08, 2014, 07:28:55 pm #34 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:36:16 pm by The Coach
I wish your team luck they'll need it. Just like Warren needed some to beat Dardanelle.

As I've already told you I'll be there to watch it first hand.

Bigbossman

With regards to the original post, I have no clue what the criteria was does anyone know? I mean is it just best all around defensive player?

B.S.

Are we measuring Johnsons next? This thread is terrible! Is there anyone in here over the age of 25?

SUGARTOWN

I've seen you post this several times, the correct term is "woe is me".

B.S.

December 08, 2014, 07:48:23 pm #38 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:51:07 pm by B.S.
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 08, 2014, 07:42:10 pm

Hey, that's his favorite, and he knows it is misspelled. He thinks it gives his phrase a little attitude!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: B.S. on December 08, 2014, 07:48:23 pm

Hey, that's his favorite, and he knows it is misspelled. He thinks it gives his phrase a little attitude!
You may be right. I thought it was just that Warren education showing up.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 08, 2014, 07:58:27 pm
Quote from: B.S. on December 08, 2014, 07:48:23 pm

You may be right. I thought it was just that Warren education showing up.
When talking to a donkey you use the word whoa..that may be the reason he spelled it this way...just saying

intruder

Bigbossman

whippersnapper

Yeah I was hoping for a "lock" and move to HOFsection

Detcord

I think I have a fence post on the back forty that hasn't been argued with yet......any takers?

Bigbossman

Quote from: Detcord on December 10, 2014, 11:55:41 pm
I think I have a fence post on the back forty that hasn't been argued with yet......any takers?
lol good point. Do you happen to have any dead horses we could beat on.

Detcord

I might can find one Bossman!  lol
My wife has figured out that if I'm on the computer, or phone, laughing non stop, that I must be on FF.  I wish it was that way very everyone.  The way it was intended to be.  Seems that too many people take this stuff like personal attacks on themselves or their teams.  Aren't we all fans of our teams?  We should think they are the best!  That's the point.  I am a lover of football, and High School football is football in its purest form in my opinion.  Safe travels to all headed to Little Rock this weekend.  Again, congrats to Warren and Mena on making it to the finals.  Go Bearcats!!!!

Bigbossman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas