• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern's loss

Started by scrapiron51, December 05, 2014, 09:35:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapiron51

Dear footballer, the only reason Malvern lost was because their best player was out haha

HawgBall06

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 05, 2014, 09:35:57 pm
Dear footballer, the only reason Malvern lost was because their best player was out haha

I wish 3 of Mena's starters would have been able to play versus nashville, but those are the breaks in high school football.  How did scrapper basketball do tonight?

OldScrap

And it may had been a loss even if he played.

hawgfan15

Quote from: HawgBall06 on December 05, 2014, 09:41:06 pm

I wish 3 of Mena's starters would have been able to play versus nashville, but those are the breaks in high school football.  How did scrapper basketball do tonight?

What 3 starters?

LJ06

intruder

It started as their best player was out, now it's 3 starters. I heard that there were more suspensions that week, why?

scrapiron51

Mena losses against Nashville no matter who plays that game.

Bigbossman

So if mena, by some miracle,  pulls off a win, then make sure all the starters that were out during the nashville beat down, are the only ones to get rings.........you guys are laughable, your posts saying you were missing kids indicates that they carry the entire team.

HawgBall06

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 05, 2014, 10:32:44 pm

So if mena, by some miracle,  pulls off a win, then make sure all the starters that were out during the nashville beat down, are the only ones to get rings.........you guys are laughable, your posts saying you were missing kids indicates that they carry the entire team.

No it isn't.  I am dealing in facts, and the fact is that I wish Mena had those 3 players starting that night.  Did I say that they would have won, no.  Just that I wish they had been able to play.  I like to see teams play at full strength, makes for better games.

HawgBall06

Quote from: intruder on December 05, 2014, 10:08:28 pm
It started as their best player was out, now it's 3 starters. I heard that there were more suspensions that week, why?

Violation of team rules.

THE D.O.C

December 05, 2014, 11:32:11 pm #10 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:34:59 pm by THE D.O.C
Congratulations Malvern on a good season and also to Mena, too bad you won't be able to take that referee crew with you to War Memorial

Detcord

Wow!  Unbelievable.......

whippersnapper

Yeah blame the refs after a 3 score loss.

Bigbossman

Quote from: HawgBall06 on December 05, 2014, 10:53:21 pm

No it isn't.  I am dealing in facts, and the fact is that I wish Mena had those 3 players starting that night.  Did I say that they would have won, no.  Just that I wish they had been able to play.  I like to see teams play at full strength, makes for better games.
I'm not sure what your drinking, but I cant construe a wish into a fact in any shape form or fashion. The only fact you've remotely hinted to is that multiple mena posters have claimed that had they had their 1,2, or 3 key players then that woukd have turned the tide of the game.

OverandOut

I know the officials called back one Mena touchdown, and the only reason Malvern scored was penalties that the officials called on Mena.....really....

Detcord

Daughtery was out because of ejection from previous week.  Two starting linemen were suspended for breaking team rules.  Would it have made a difference??  I believe it would have been a closer game, but as it was we were dominated all night.  Happens to every team at some point.  We were supposed to get beat anyway, according to the experts.  At least it wasn't a team we were supposed to beat.

Bigbossman

Ok let me more precise,  Footballer you know one of the head cheerleaders for mena, yeah him, he would lead anybody that woukd listen, after the flogging we put on yall, that had yall not been missing your guys it would have been an entirely diffrent outcome. 

THE D.O.C

December 06, 2014, 12:10:03 am #17 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:11:43 am by THE D.O.C
This game was over before it began, the Refs knew when to call holding on Malvern when they'd drive deep on Mena's side. Mena was allowed to hold Malvern the entire game and not one hold was called on them. The game was systematically refereed in the 1st half. Taking nothing away from the Mena kids they hustle to the ball and will hit up when they arrive. Malvern kids body language said it all, they were on the road and they couldn't sustain a drive without being called for holding, the Ref's accomplished taking the life out of 16-18 year old kids. Mena had zero holding calls. Hmmmm????

Bigbossman

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 06, 2014, 12:10:03 am
This game was over before it began, the Refs knew when to call holding on Malvern when they'd drive deep on Mena's side. Mena was allowed to hold Malvern the entire game and not one hold was called on them. The game was systematically refereed in the 1st half. Taking nothing away from the Mena kids they hustle to the ball and will hit up when they arrive. Malvern kids body language said it all, they were on the road and they couldn't sustain a drive without being called for holding, the Ref's accomplished taking the life out of 16-18 year old kids. Mena had zero holding calls. Hmmmm????
Let me tell ya something, never do I blame the ref's,  ill talk about somebodys mama, offer to throwdown with somebody all kinds of whacky stuff, but I never go the way of blaming the refs, it just looks bad and it never changes anything BUT D.O.C is onto something here, for one team to be called holding and the other not to have been is crap-o-la. Lets be honest holding could be called every single play. Doesn't change anything now,  but the level of competent officials just seems nonexistent anymore. And it goes both ways I saw nashville get away with some biggies this year that they shouldn't have.

whippersnapper

That's the thing bigbossman. Everyone thinks it home.cooking when really its lack of good officials that actually know the game.

AirWarren

There were some bad officials in Dardanelle tonight.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Detcord on December 05, 2014, 11:51:08 pm
Daughtery was out because of ejection from previous week.  Two starting linemen were suspended for breaking team rules.  Would it have made a difference??  I believe it would have been a closer game, but as it was we were dominated all night.  Happens to every team at some point.  We were supposed to get beat anyway, according to the experts.  At least it wasn't a team we were supposed to beat.

Who were the two offensive linemen? Because shortly after the game someone tried the same excuse and it was proven that the only starter missing was Daugherty.

hogfan10

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 06, 2014, 12:10:03 am

I watched most of the game on the livestream. I did think that the Mena RT got away with holding against #8 on several pass plays, and it was obvious. Apparantly there was some chippiness on Mena's side that went uncalled (according to Mena's livestream announcers). With that said Mena looked to be better than Malvern tonight. Malvern looked nothing like they did the night they played Arkadelphia; against the Badgers their passing game was very precise and effective, tonight it wasn't. Part of it was Mena's defense (scheme/players), part of it was Malvern's QB/WR play.

Bigbossman

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 06, 2014, 12:34:29 am
That's the thing bigbossman. Everyone thinks it home.cooking when really its lack of good officials that actually know the game.
Thats right. Plus even though alot of folks, myself included, dont want to give much love to mena, tthey're good and when its a victory by this kinda margin even the stripes cant help ya.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 06, 2014, 02:37:38 am

Who were the two offensive linemen? Because shortly after the game someone tried the same excuse and it was proven that the only starter missing was Daugherty.

Who cares,   I didn't have all the information , I thought it was at least Daughtery and a starting lineman,  then ONE person Supposidly from Mena said no just Daughtery,  now it looks like 2 others have said no it was 3 Starters,   the bottom line it was a regualar season game that is over,    move on I have,  who cares who would of or could of,  you can Nashville would of won bigger had they played

Nashville 50
Mena 0

I don't care, move on to Basketball.

Malvern really saying the Refs helped them LOL,    There was only 2 Holding calls all night I believe yes both vs Malvern,  but the calls were even,  there was at least 4,5 calls the Mena sideline was hacked about and the fans booing,      several close offside, false start calls that went Malvern's way on the drive they scored their only Touchdown on!   a Big 15 yard personal foul on Mena for taunting as well.  The calls were EVEN!    and I believe a HUGE pick six by Daughtery that would of basically ended the game early in the 3rd quarter was called back for Holding Wasn't it ?    took away a pick six and backed Mena up to its own 30 Yard line!   Mena just like in the first meeting was the better team,    and our coaching staff had the defense ready and they played great!

HawgBall06

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 05, 2014, 11:39:34 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on December 05, 2014, 10:53:21 pm

I'm not sure what your drinking, but I cant construe a wish into a fact in any shape form or fashion. The only fact you've remotely hinted to is that multiple mena posters have claimed that had they had their 1,2, or 3 key players then that woukd have turned the tide of the game.

Find 1 post where I have said or even suggested that Mena would have won with all their starters playing.  You can't, it doesn't exist.  I just happen to like it when teams play at full strength, you seem to prefer they play shorthanded.  Different strokes for different folks. 

HawgBall06

The kids have a right to privacy so I won't name them, but there were 2 starters other than JD who were suspended for that game.  Were they as important to Mena as JD, no, but it still led to changes/adjustments for the team.  Do I think it would have changed that game to a win for Mena, no, but I would have liked to see Mena at full strength as I do with all teams.

Bigbossman

Quote from: HawgBall06 on December 06, 2014, 11:17:30 am

The kids have a right to privacy so I won't name them, but there were 2 starters other than JD who were suspended for that game.  Were they as important to Mena as JD, no, but it still led to changes/adjustments for the team.  Do I think it would have changed that game to a win for Mena, no, but I would have liked to see Mena at full strength as I do with all teams.
So the only FACT, since as you stated earlier was what you liked to deal in, is no matter how successful a year mena has, they still got manhandled by the mighty scrapper nation, heres how it shakes out. If mena loses next week.....nobody cares who loses the title game, at that point you'll be just as inconsequential as nashville who has been out. Or if you win, it can still be said that the only team you were not as good as was Nashville. And thats a fact jack.
#themoreyouknow

FootBallar21

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 06, 2014, 11:58:26 am

So the only FACT, since as you stated earlier was what you liked to deal in, is no matter how successful a year mena has, they still got manhandled by the mighty scrapper nation, heres how it shakes out. If mena loses next week.....nobody cares who loses the title game, at that point you'll be just as inconsequential as nashville who has been out. Or if you win, it can still be said that the only team you were not as good as was Nashville. And thats a fact jack.
#themoreyouknow

You can't have it both ways Man,  you and the rest of the Nashville cry babies need to Decide now.
Is Mena for real and can the win it all?  and if so you need to Acknowledge Mena was the better team this year and shut up about a game from the middle of the season. 

or if you still think Mena is a joke and lucky,  keep predicting Warren to Roll them and if that Happens I will admit that Even though Mena went farther Nashville was clearly the better team,    Pick a side though man you can't have it both ways,   

scrapiron51

Well since you said that... Warren rolls Mena and proves the top side of the bracket is just as worthless as everyone thought.

hawgfan15

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 06, 2014, 07:09:00 pm
Well since you said that... Warren rolls Mena and proves the top side of the bracket is just as worthless as everyone thought.

I agree

Bigbossman

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 06, 2014, 03:07:19 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on December 06, 2014, 11:58:26 am

#themoreyouknow

You can't have it both ways Man,  you and the rest of the Nashville cry babies need to Decide now.
Is Mena for real and can the win it all?  and if so you need to Acknowledge Mena was the better team this year and shut up about a game from the middle of the season. 

or if you still think Mena is a joke and lucky,  keep predicting Warren to Roll them and if that Happens I will admit that Even though Mena went farther Nashville was clearly the better team,    Pick a side though man you can't have it both ways,   
yes I can. It's simple pay attention here I'm about to show you how.
Mena is good, as far as mena teams go. Im not gonna acknowledge them as a better team, their body of work might be better but we curb stomped them, thats a fact that will never go away. FWIW I do see your point,  but they will be having snow ball fights in the deepest pits of hades before I agree with it. And in my OPINION they wont beat warren, if you would like to know why then here is your answer Warren has the experiance, they understand big game ball, and that my friend does in fact matter. Ill promise you that after the dust settles from last nights warren/dardy game lizard posters will start to understand that.
So I think that more than answers you first part, now to your second part,  I do not think mena is a joke, I think they are a team of prob good kids, but I do think the brackets were very kind to them, and that can be accredited to nothing but luck.
To sum all that up.
They are good.
Not gonna win it all.
Not better than Nashville. = having it both ways.

bigunit11

Well, using your logic, I assume you admit that Ft Lake is better than Nashville, right?

intruder

Yep Ft Lake better than Nashville.

intruder

If Mena would have ran the wing t against the defense you saw, you would be better too!

Bigbossman

Quote from: bigunit11 on December 06, 2014, 09:37:39 pm
Well, using your logic, I assume you admit that Ft Lake is better than Nashville, right?
Yes sir.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 07, 2014, 08:44:33 am
Quote from: bigunit11 on December 06, 2014, 09:37:39 pm
Yes sir.

Mena lost to Nashville then only because it didn't want to change its offense for a team they knew wouldn't make it far in the playoffs,     Mena kept running its normal offense since it knew Nashville would never make it all the way to Little Rock to face them.   

Maybe Mena threw the Nashville game ,  like Star City did ,  to avoid the bottom of the bracket haha

BEARCATDADDY

I think it's pretty funny Nashville sitting home while mena is state bound and as for Nashville game against mena they only had 38 total yards in second half and they didn't put there jv in until 4 min left in game so I don't want to here it was there jv and another thing it's a known fact you recruite ur players we play with what we have and we're still in the title ge

~WPS~

December 07, 2014, 08:50:40 pm #38 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:54:59 pm by Ballplayer1
Quote from: BEARCATDADDY on December 07, 2014, 08:49:05 pm
I think it's pretty funny Nashville sitting home while mena is state bound and as for Nashville game against mena they only had 38 total yards in second half and they didn't put there jv in until 4 min left in game so I don't want to here it was there jv and another thing it's a known fact you recruite ur players we play with what we have and we're still in the title ge
Wow. You're an idiot. Nice first post. Try to read more and post less.

BEARCATDADDY

And that is a fact I know people who was approached by Nashville coached a few yrs back wanting the couples son to come play and they were told if he does then they had a job for you and your wife not to worry about nothing and that's a fact jack maybe you need to do a little more research before you open your mouth

~WPS~

Lol you're days on here won't last long.

BEARCATDADDY

Who cares after Saturday

~WPS~

Already expecting a loss huh?

BEARCATDADDY

Your just jealous and can't handle the fact that the bearcats are in the title game and it's great to be a bearcat sure hate it for all the losers but thats how it is. Go cats 34-20

~WPS~

I'm jealous? Hmm let's see. Nashville has 4 state titles in the last 18 years. Mena has one, ever. Nashville is the 3rd most winningest program with the most playoff wins in state history. Mena, a successful year is 5 wins and a 1st round exit. Speaking of just 2014, Mena is having their best year ever and Nashville still mercy ruled them, easily. Yep you got me, I'm jealous. ::) Go waste someone else's time.

BEARCATDADDY

No I'm not expecting a loss the title game will be over so I want need to be on here. Apparently your not very smart if you couldnt figure that out not sure who your team is that's probably why there home if there no smarter than you.who cares what happens in the past this is now and your sitting at home haha

AirWarren

Quote from: BEARCATDADDY on December 07, 2014, 09:38:30 pm
No I'm not expecting a loss the title game will be over so I want need to be on here. Apparently your not very smart if you couldnt figure that out not sure who your team is that's probably why there home if there no smarter than you.who cares what happens in the past this is now and your sitting at home haha

A big mouth daddy setting a fine example for their kid. How pleasant.

~WPS~

If you can't figure out what team I'm for then you aren't very smart either. And at the end of the day you still support  Mena, a team that has a good team once every 30 years. Enjoy your time in the sun, it won't last long.

~WPS~

Quote from: AirWarren on December 07, 2014, 09:39:43 pm
Quote from: BEARCATDADDY on December 07, 2014, 09:38:30 pm

A big mouth daddy setting a fine example for their kid. How pleasant.
Now it all makes sense, why a player threw a punch and got ejected and why another player flipped the bird to Nashville's fans. They get it from bearcat daddy.

BEARCATDADDY

I figured Nashville paid the ref to eject him so they wouldn't have to go against him we no Nashville couldnt stop him y'all were scared of 44 and what pettway do against us -3 yards on 3 catches. He such a star and like I said if we recruited like you guys do Nashville would never beats us. Your just like Oklahoma fans arrogant and full of bull

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas