• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4a what's the future on these teams

Started by richboy, December 03, 2014, 09:48:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Idk lol

c
4 (50%)
f
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 03, 2015, 09:48:59 am

richboy

Thoughts?
I know they're saying Arkadelphia has a better football squad coming but the boys are small but also fast.

Nashville will most likely have a good football team as usual

haven't heard to much about mena.

Malvern heard they're going to be okay not as good as this year tho

Ashdown heard they actually have a good football squad. Only if they had a better coach they could make it far.

Don't care about the rest tho sorry

hawgfan15

Nashville will be the favorite going into next year. Malvern and Arkadelphia will be talented but they lose a lot on the lines. You never know about Ashdown but they will have one of the better players in the conference in Northcross. Mena loses a lot on both sides and will struggle next season. Fountain Lake will have Ross back at FB but I'm not sure who else is coming back or what they have coming up. Bauxite will take a step back and Waldron will have a shot at winning their first conference game next season.

richboy

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 10:29:09 am
Nashville will be the favorite going into next year. Malvern and Arkadelphia will be talented but they lose a lot on the lines. You never know about Ashdown but they will have one of the better players in the conference in Northcross. Mena loses a lot on both sides and will struggle next season. Fountain Lake will have Ross back at FB but I'm not sure who else is coming back or what they have coming up. Bauxite will take a step back and Waldron will have a shot at winning their first conference game next season.

How would waldron win conference when they lost every game this season.. badly..

polksalet

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 10:29:09 am

I would actually put Arkadelphia as favorite as their QB comes back,    Mena should be fine,   remember Mena was supposed to STRUGGLE THIS YEAR ?  how did that turn out,   the new coaching seems to be getting the most out of the kids,   they won't be as good but should return a solid team as some play makers come back on both sides of the ball.    Flemings and Grinder 2 linebackers coming back next year will be huge,  they both have well over 100 tackles this season as Jr's.     Mena loses its top 2 Corners and Safety,  but have some underclassman who should fill in ok there next season.      Mena also returns one of its best defensive linemen ,  in Hogan.    On offense,   they will be moving backup Running back Ryan Ozanich to the QB spot, he should be able to run the offense pretty good,   he has always been a really good runner.    They should always have some nice JR wr's who should step up and help next year.     They key for Mena,  the offense won't be quite as good especially early in the season, and without the explosive Daughtery back, they probably never will be as good unless another kid steps up out of no where.     On defense it will be interesting,  They loose Daughtery that hurts the most,   But with Both starting Linebackers and leading tacklers returning the defense has a shot to possibly be better as the season goes on,   especially against run first teams.   

Next Season Prediction

1. Arkadelphia
2. Nashville
3. Malvern
4. Mena
5. Ashdown
6. Fountain Lake
7. Bauxite
8. Waldron

~WPS~

Arkadelphia returns the QB but no one else. Nashville returns everyone but Pettway. But Arkie is the favorite? Makes sense.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 03, 2014, 12:33:11 pm
Arkadelphia returns the QB but no one else. Nashville returns everyone but Pettway. But Arkie is the favorite? Makes sense.

you might check that again,  Arkadelphia returns more than just a QB lol,  and but after re looking at it I thought your QB was a SR.  and he was just a JR.  with knowing that I would put Yall as the Favorite, even though you loose around 20 SR's and most of your Receiving Yards.     Also Hopkins could be the best player in 7-4A next season!       

1. Nashville
2. Arkadelphia
3. Malvern

Look for that top 3 to possibly be like this year,  with it coming down to matchups and probably no one going undefeated next year as the 7-4A should be really rough again!   

~WPS~

Nashville returns 7 on offense and 5 on defense. We lose our #1 and #4 receivers.

hawgfan15

Footballar21 takes homer to a completely different level.

Mena will not be very good next year. The conference will be down a little next year so they will have a shot at the playoffs. Replacing Kesterson will be harder than you think and there are no replacements next year for Daughtery and Davis.

One thing will stay the same for Mena next year. They will get mercy ruled by Nashville

FBfan79

December 03, 2014, 01:02:41 pm #9 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:04:44 pm by FBfan79
FL will catch one or two teams sleeping again and can possibly make the playoffs.  Just hope they don't draw the #1ranked team again.  FL returns Ross (RB/LB),  McCoy (RB/LB), Martinez (OG/LB), McNeely (WR/S), among others.  Some of them on the line. FL will have to fill the QB position and find some size on the line.

hawgfan15

Quote from: FBfan79 on December 03, 2014, 01:02:41 pm
FL will catch one or two teams sleeping again and can possibly make the playoffs.  Just hope they don't draw the #1ranked team again.  FL returns Ross (RB/LB),  McCoy (RB/LB), Martinez (OG/LB), McNeely (WR/S), among others.  Some of them on the line. FL will have to fill the QB position and find some size on the line.

I just hope it isn't Nashville this time lol Ross and McCoy will be tough next year.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 01:01:58 pm

Mena will not be very good next year. The conference will be down a little next year so they will have a shot at the playoffs. Replacing Kesterson will be harder than you think and there are no replacements next year for Daughtery and Davis.

One thing will stay the same for Mena next year. They will get mercy ruled by Nashville

what are you talking about, I have Mena to get 4th,  you even said they have a shot at the playoffs?  and I even said ONLY the TOP 3,  Malvern, Nashville, and Arkadelphia will probably beat each other,     Which Means I give , Mena , Ashdown, Fountain Lake, not much of a shot to move up past the 4th seed and give them little shot to upset any of them!

FootBallar21

Quick fact for you guys too, this isn't the same Mena program from the 2000's  that only made the playoffs a couple times from 2000 to 2009, and never really competed  in the 7-4A .    With new coaching and new systems this Mena program has been competting a lot better,

The Last 5 Seasons  2010 - 2014 Current which is coming off of a coaching change in 2009 and some of the worse 1, and 2 win teams in Bearcat history in late 2000's!   

Mena has made the playoffs 3 straight years,  and 4 out of the last     in 2010 they made it to the quarter finals and finished ranked inside of hootens top 10! 
in 2012 they pulled off one of the biggest upsets in 4A football history,    beating the 7-4A #1 seed Arkadelphia in the first round!   
2013 Lost to Hamburg first round of playoffs! 
2014 -  2nd in the brutal 7-4A  ,   and have already beaten 2 really good teams in Star City and Arkadelphia,  needing only to win a rematch vs Malvern to advance to Little Rock!   

So I don't see how I can be called a SUPER HOMER for picking Mena to finish 4th next season.     Expcet to See a lot more of This TYPE of Mena team,  one that competes with the top of the 7-4A in the future then the old ones!     the future is bright in Mena,   2015, and 2016 seasons won't be great though as they just don't have the depth or playmakers in those classes!    But they will still compete and should make the playoffs!   

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 03, 2014, 01:19:59 pm

what are you talking about, I have Mena to get 4th,  you even said they have a shot at the playoffs?  and I even said ONLY the TOP 3,  Malvern, Nashville, and Arkadelphia will probably beat each other,     Which Means I give , Mena , Ashdown, Fountain Lake, not much of a shot to move up past the 4th seed and give them little shot to upset any of them!

Lol no in your first post you tried to make it sound as if Mena has skill guys ready to step in and fill the void the seniors will be leaving. That is not the case.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 01:42:01 pm
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 03, 2014, 01:19:59 pm

Lol no in your first post you tried to make it sound as if Mena has skill guys ready to step in and fill the void the seniors will be leaving. That is not the case.

where did I rank Mena in my VERY first post on here ? 

Yes they have skilled guys ready to step up ,   but the don't have the ELITE kid like Daughtery,    They should get better as the season goes on though!   

hawgfan15

I dont care where you predicted Mena to finish and I never referenced that. Your first post was in response to me saying Mena would struggle next season. The first thing you said about that was that this years team was supposed to struggle also. Comparing this year and next years teams was your first mistake and to defend that thought you went on to sugar coat what Mena has coming back next year. In your latest post you have backed off of that some but to kick this thing off the "homer" in you really came out.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 01:52:32 pm
I dont care where you predicted Mena to finish and I never referenced that. Your first post was in response to me saying Mena would struggle next season. The first thing you said about that was that this years team was supposed to struggle also. Comparing this year and next years teams was your first mistake and to defend that thought you went on to sugar coat what Mena has coming back next year. In your latest post you have backed off of that some but to kick this thing off the "homer" in you really came out.

My so called Homer pick,  had Mena going to Little Rock Losing to Dardanelle, I am one more game away from being right on that as well.   So we shall see how much homer and Fact seem to mesh!

hawgfan15

On offense Arkadelphia returns their QB Blake and RB Kosters. They lose their top two WR's, big play RB in Buckley, and one or two offensive linemen I believe.

On defense they lose two very good defensive linemen in Cooper and Jenkins. They also lose MLB Birdwell and OLB Carter. In the secondary they lose their safeties Barrett and Wiley.

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 03, 2014, 02:01:31 pm

My so called Homer pick,  had Mena going to Little Rock Losing to Dardanelle, I am one more game away from being right on that as well.   So we shall see how much homer and Fact seem to mesh!

Lol luck of the playoff draw. Enjoy this season.

35-7

Arkansasfootballfan

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 02:02:11 pm
On offense Arkadelphia returns their QB Blake and RB Kosters. They lose their top two WR's, big play RB in Buckley, and one or two offensive linemen I believe.

On defense they lose two very good defensive linemen in Cooper and Jenkins. They also lose MLB Birdwell and OLB Carter. In the secondary they lose their safeties Barrett and Wiley.

Arkadelphia has a really good sophomore class coming up.  Jathan bowens will be their big play running back next year.  They will struggle on the O line.  I have arkadelphia finishing 3, maybe 2 next year.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Arkansasfootballfan on December 03, 2014, 02:07:39 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 02:02:11 pm

Arkadelphia has a really good sophomore class coming up.  Jathan bowens will be their big play running back next year.  They will struggle on the O line.  I have arkadelphia finishing 3, maybe 2 next year.

Yeah their 9th grade group was impressive this year. The name Burnham isn't going away for a few years, but neither is Pettway lol That game should still be a good one the next few years.

The only question I really have for Arkadelphia is how do they replace Cooper and Jenkins. They were one of the top duos in the state the last two years both in stopping the run and as pass rushers. They lose a few multiple year starters behind them also.

Fury

Quote from: FBfan79 on December 03, 2014, 01:02:41 pm

Fountain Lake falls in the don't care about the rest category... remember? Nothing to see here folks... Please move along... :) Now back to sleep.

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 02:03:43 pm

35-7

Mena has beaten Everyone the played this season when their best player is on the field!   BOTTOM LINE! 

polksalet

Nashville returns what will likely be the best rb and offensive lineman in 4a. Maybe the state overall.

FootBallar21

Quote from: polksalet on December 03, 2014, 02:28:21 pm
Nashville returns what will likely be the best rb and offensive lineman in 4a. Maybe the state overall.

Aren't they both just Jr's next year?   I would agree with you in 2 years when they come back for their sr. year.   But being the best in 7-4A and possibly the best in 4A will be enough of a challenge next season! 

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 03, 2014, 02:30:14 pm

Aren't they both just Jr's next year?   I would agree with you in 2 years when they come back for their sr. year.   But being the best in 7-4A and possibly the best in 4A will be enough of a challenge next season!

Yes they will both be juniors next season. They both need a strong off-season in the weight room and if they do they will be top players at their position in the state.

STUNNA

The best running back in the state next year will be the young man from Little Rock Christian

FootBallar21

what position does Jordan Jones play for Smackover,  hes already commited to Arkansas as athlete , and will be a SR. next year .

~WPS~

hogdiggity

Ashdown returns 17 starters.  Biggest loss is rb.

THE D.O.C

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 03, 2014, 04:29:57 pm
what position does Jordan Jones play for Smackover,  hes already commited to Arkansas as athlete , and will be a SR. next year .
Yeah this is the same kid that impressed them at the Razorback camp, ran a 4.3 in the 40 I think

polksalet

Yep. Faster than almost ever player in the history of the nfl draft....

intruder

December 03, 2014, 10:01:25 pm #32 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:03:06 pm by intruder
Nashville's defense should not miss a step next season.

Defensive Line:
Return possibly the best defensive end in 4a in Billy Stewart, also return Troy Thomas who will come out of nowhere and turn some heads. They lose nose guard Braden Hood who controlled the interior and was a talented pass rusher. should be replaced by Winland Ogden or Jarvis Holmes. Should continue to be dominant.

Linebackers: Return MLB Ashton Nelson who is a hard nosed physical player should be the leader of the team. Also return OLB Terrell Grundy who is a freak athlete and a hard hitter. They lose WLB Lucas Liggin who was the heart of the defense and led the linebackers in tackles, should be replaced by Junior Garret Gordon who is spitting image of Liggin's playing style. Also lose SLB Chas Scott who came in and had a really good year. Look for this group to stay about the same and continue to play great.

Secondary: Return Corner Dajuan Armstrong who is the fasted scrapper and is very tough and a really fierce competitor.  They lose Pettway, Cooper, and Bowden. Y'all all know about Pettway, Cooper was very dependable and will be missed, while Bowden was the brains of the operation and really glued the secondary together. Secondary replacements are really up for grabs at this point. Should be a young group, but Chesshir, Baker, and Bearden will have all of these guys ready to go. Nashvilles defense should once again be salty.

Burks

Nashville will be the front runner. The younger Pettway moves up from the 9th grade team that has not lost in 3 or 4 years. He should help immediately.

Spotty

Malvern has an interesting year next year. Their back seven on defense will be as good as anyone in the conference. We have three sophomore linebackers that love contact, are really good athletes, and play fundamentally sound football. The skill players are going to get a boost and probably be more athletic next year. They return Collie at QB, McCollum at RB- though Shaw will likely get more carries than he did this year and is probably the closest thing we've had to a DI running back since Madre Hill and Harold Harris in the 90's.  Jimmerson will add something on offense as a sophomore and probably at corner.

The question correctly stated for Malvern is the line. They'll be inexperienced and probably undersized next year. The question really will be can the excellent linebackers overcome what will be a quick but smallish defensive line against the run and can the running backs who may be the best stable of backs in the conference make up for a line than will just try to create seams rather than blow back defensive fronts.

Could work out really well next year or could just be a pretty good team that makes the playoffs and tries to spoiler with a lot of skill talent.

hawgfan15

Ty Pettway, Dominick Kight, and TD Walton should all play as sophomores at either WR or in the secondary next season for Nashville.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Spotty on December 03, 2014, 10:49:07 pm
Malvern has an interesting year next year. Their back seven on defense will be as good as anyone in the conference. We have three sophomore linebackers that love contact, are really good athletes, and play fundamentally sound football. The skill players are going to get a boost and probably be more athletic next year. They return Collie at QB, McCollum at RB- though Shaw will likely get more carries than he did this year and is probably the closest thing we've had to a DI running back since Madre Hill and Harold Harris in the 90's.  Jimmerson will add something on offense as a sophomore and probably at corner.

The question correctly stated for Malvern is the line. They'll be inexperienced and probably undersized next year. The question really will be can the excellent linebackers overcome what will be a quick but smallish defensive line against the run and can the running backs who may be the best stable of backs in the conference make up for a line than will just try to create seams rather than blow back defensive fronts.

Could work out really well next year or could just be a pretty good team that makes the playoffs and tries to spoiler with a lot of skill talent.

What number was Shaw? Is #7 coming back?

hawgfan15

Quote from: intruder on December 03, 2014, 10:01:25 pm
Nashville's defense should not miss a step next season.

Defensive Line:
Return possibly the best defensive end in 4a in Billy Stewart, also return Troy Thomas who will come out of nowhere and turn some heads. They lose nose guard Braden Hood who controlled the interior and was a talented pass rusher. should be replaced by Winland Ogden or Jarvis Holmes. Should continue to be dominant.

Linebackers: Return MLB Ashton Nelson who is a hard nosed physical player should be the leader of the team. Also return OLB Terrell Grundy who is a freak athlete and a hard hitter. They lose WLB Lucas Liggin who was the heart of the defense and led the linebackers in tackles, should be replaced by Junior Garret Gordon who is spitting image of Liggin's playing style. Also lose SLB Chas Scott who came in and had a really good year. Look for this group to stay about the same and continue to play great.

Secondary: Return Corner Dajuan Armstrong who is the fasted scrapper and is very tough and a really fierce competitor.  They lose Pettway, Cooper, and Bowden. Y'all all know about Pettway, Cooper was very dependable and will be missed, while Bowden was the brains of the operation and really glued the secondary together. Secondary replacements are really up for grabs at this point. Should be a young group, but Chesshir, Baker, and Bearden will have all of these guys ready to go. Nashvilles defense should once again be salty.

Let me first say that I hope we switch back to a 4-3 defense in the off-season. On the defensive line I expect them to have 5 or 6 guys rotate in next season. I hope Kirby Adcock sees more time on defense. I expect Thomas, Ogden, Holmes, and Adcock to start on the offensive line so a good rotation on defense will be important. There is a sophomore soon to be junior that could be a big difference maker if he plays next season. Good shot that happens from what I hear.

I would like to see Grundy move to safety. I doubt it happens but I think he would be great there. Look for Lee Scroggins to compete for the other cornerback spot. I expect one of the sophomore skill players to be in the mix for the other spot in the secondary. Snell and Hopkins can always play there in big games.

HawgBall06

A nashville fan calling someone else a homer.   ::)  ROTFLMAO

Loyalfan1

I'm ready for Ashdown to put together another good run.  2000's were really good to the Panthers.

hawgfan15

Quote from: HawgBall06 on December 04, 2014, 08:02:02 am

Your comprehension level explains the "ROTFLMAO"

Your teacher surely isn't happy with you doing that in class.

hawgfan15

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on December 04, 2014, 09:30:27 am
I'm ready for Ashdown to put together another good run.  2000's were really good to the Panthers.

What do the Panthers have coming up from junior high this year?

bigunit11

Spotty, I hate to disagree, but I see no way Malvern is better in the back end next year with everything they loose.

Spotty

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 04, 2014, 12:26:07 am
Quote from: Spotty on December 03, 2014, 10:49:07 pm

What number was Shaw? Is #7 coming back?
Shaw is 34 and that number is not given out lightly. He and #7 are both sophomores.

Spotty

Quote from: bigunit11 on December 04, 2014, 09:52:34 am
Spotty, I hate to disagree, but I see no way Malvern is better in the back end next year with everything they loose.

I'm going to assume that Lock and Jimmerson nail down the corner spots next year. Those two cats have the potential to be the best pair of corners we've had at Malvern in a long time.

HawgBall06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 04, 2014, 09:50:07 am
Quote from: HawgBall06 on December 04, 2014, 08:02:02 am

Your comprehension level explains the "ROTFLMAO"

Your teacher surely isn't happy with you doing that in class.

Ahh, how cute.  You think other people attend your middle school. 

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 03, 2014, 02:23:27 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 03, 2014, 02:03:43 pm

35-7

Mena has beaten Everyone the played this season when their best player is on the field!   BOTTOM LINE! 
Wasn't the Daughtery kid on the field for Mena at Arkadelphia before he got thrown out for throwing a punch? I thought there were just a few plays left in the game and the matter was settled. So Mena did indeed get beat with their best player playing.

fbbb22

Mena won't win 4 games next year..... They can't replace that QB or RB/SS and many more..... Don't be like Hope.... Enjoy success when you have it but understand it will all come to an end when the talent level drops. Good luck keeping your head coach in Mena after this season. Congrats on the big year..... much deserved

whippersnapper

First Mena yes will have some growing pains next year. They will have a pretty salty defense still. But the 7-4a as a whole will be down some. And for Harper and him staying or leaving. His wife's family is from SWA and he left a 6a a job for a 4a program. Don't see him gone after 2 years.

FootBallar21

Quote from: fbbb22 on December 05, 2014, 09:12:48 am
Mena won't win 4 games next year..... They can't replace that QB or RB/SS and many more..... Don't be like Hope.... Enjoy success when you have it but understand it will all come to an end when the talent level drops. Good luck keeping your head coach in Mena after this season. Congrats on the big year..... much deserved

Mena returns a lot of talent too,  they loose probably their 2 best players,  but not many teams in 4A aren't losing their best or top 2 players.   They return, 2 linebackers who have over 250 tackles this season.    and With Dequeen, and Mansfield on the non conference and Waldron in conference they are almost guaranteed 3 wins off the top .       then they have Bauxite ,  and then will get Ashdown and Fountain Lake at home, 3 more very winnable games,  which would get them to 6-4 and 4th in conference which is where I predict them to finish, 

BUT BOTTOM LINE ,  Mena doesn't need to talk about next season like Nashville, Arkadelphia , Ashdown,  .     Mena can still talk about this year! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas