• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

when dardanelle goes out

Started by Bigbossman, November 08, 2014, 01:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbossman

2 things, it would be much much easier for me to remember who to clown on if anyone who is on the dardanelle bandwagon would do the following. 

Comment below that you have dardanelle picked to win it all.
&
Don't exit fearless friday immediately after your loss.

WPWells

Not on the Dardanelle bandwagon. Not even necessarily a fan. Just think they'll win it all. I trust the numbers

SandRattler

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 08, 2014, 01:32:35 pm
2 things, it would be much much easier for me to remember who to clown on if anyone who is on the dardanelle bandwagon would do the following. 

&
Unlike yourself I don't think I have seen a Dardanelle Fan on FF ever saying we would win it all! We have a wait and see attitude! We have had a great year and if the kids and coaches work hard we will have a great play off as well. I can however see from your online name and your pitiful attitude you must have a little mans disease or a rather small appendage! Either way I do appreciate all the attention that you send Dardanelle's way. Win or lose I can at least say Dardanelle does it with class and that's something you don't really understand!!

LizardAlum10

WPWells

I'm the one who said Dardanelle will win it all because I believe they will! However, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Dardanelle. Y'all's fans have all been respectful and humble this whole season

apache_alum_90

I believe Dardanelle has what it takes to make it to the Rock, but from here out it won't be easy. Fountain lake will be a good warm up!

CatchTheGreyhound!

November 08, 2014, 02:20:59 pm #6 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:09:08 pm by CatchTheGreyhound!
Trust me! They aren't not that good!!! And if we ever face them you will see, but I have a feeling that FL will take them out before they feel the POWER of a TRUE CHAMPION!!

AT

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 08, 2014, 02:20:59 pm
Trust me! They aren't not that good!!! And if we ever face them you will see, but I have a feeling that FL will take them out before the feel the POWER of a TRUE CHAMPION!!

Feel the POWER

Lacerta agilis

I'll be on that Lizard bandwagon until I'm in the ground. It has become amusing to me how especially upset you are by any props given to our program though. If/when Dardanelle loses you can chime in about how over-rated Dardanelle is and how weak the 4-4A is. I'm sure fellow Lizard haters Scooter and Bigredhog1971 will join in with you. But you sure better hope your Scrappers can back up all your big talk if we meet in round three, because you have created your own big pile to eat if they don't.

Fearthedawg

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on November 08, 2014, 02:23:11 pm
I'll be on that Lizard bandwagon until I'm in the ground. It has become amusing to me how especially upset you are by any props given to our program though. If/when Dardanelle loses you can chime in about how over-rated Dardanelle is and how weak the 4-4A is. I'm sure fellow Lizard haters Scooter and Bigredhog1971 will join in with you. But you sure better hope your Scrappers can back up all your big talk if we meet in round three, because you have created your own big pile to eat if they don't.
I think the 4A-4 is fairly good with the exception of 2 teams.  I am a Pirate but let me tell you something....Dardanelle is "as advertised" the real deal.  I was impressed with their talent1

StevenGlen

I broadcast the games for Pottsville so I'm not on the Dardanelle bandwagon at all, but they are the best team I've seen in a long time.  Now let me freely admit that I do not see all the teams everywhere, no one does, but I'll be shocked if Dardanelle does not make a deep playoff run.  To win it all a team needs a few breaks along the way, so who knows right now where those breaks may come or go.  If Dardanelle does not go deeply in the tournament, don't worry I'll be right here if you need to rip someone. 

WPWells

Me too. Don't rip the real dardanelle fans. Rip those of us that have no affiliation with the program

Bigredhog1971

Dont drag me in to this Ive not said one bad word about Dardanelle this year but if you would like I will start but I think I will just stay out of this fight even though I do think that the 4-4a is weak.I believe there are a lot of teams in 4a that could have won the 4-4a if they where in that conference.We will see if Dardanelle is ready for the playoffs or not quickly.Some of the teams they will be playing have been battle tested already and we will see soon if playing in the weak 4-4a hurts them or not.

Bigredhog1971

Plus I have to many ties to Dardanelle to bash on them to bad.My uncle is a coach there and a cousin is a principal there and I have many many friends that have kids on the team.Now if you would ask around there are many people from Dardanelle that knows me.

Scooter2121

Did someone ask for me.Im flattered you was thinking about me and yes I hope the sand gizzards lose in the first round when they play the first good team they have played all year  but I have predicted that they will lose in the 2nd round but I have been wrong before so they may lose in the first round just to prove me wrong.

Bigbossman

Quote from: Scooter2121 on November 09, 2014, 12:00:15 am
Did someone ask for me.Im flattered you was thinking about me and yes I hope the sand gizzards lose in the first round when they play the first good team they have played all year  but I have predicted that they will lose in the 2nd round but I have been wrong before so they may lose in the first round just to prove me wrong.
Ive called for it to be a first round exit. But more than likely a second round.

ridgerunner

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 08, 2014, 02:22:29 pm
Trust me! They aren't not that good!!! And if we ever face them you will see, but I have a feeling that FL will take them out before the feel the POWER of a TRUE CHAMPION!!

Feel the POWER
How many times have you seen Dardanelle play this year? Do you know anything about teams in other parts of the state other than what you have read? Have you seen Warren, Nashville or Dollarway play? How many ranked teams in any class has your team beaten? Think before you speak.

gatecrasher

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I do live a few min from Ft Lake, and saw them beat Nashville earlier this year.
Cobras are a team full of playoff veterans with a coaching staff that has a history of coaching deep into November.

Dardanelle is the real deal. You don't go unbeaten or shut out Booneville not being for real.

That said, this is my top pick for a possible first round upset in any of the six classifications. There's something to be said about a staff that knows how to coach in the playoffs, and has tradition to boot.

DogsWin7

Not to be disrespectful but in my opinion, from what I have seen from seeing the 4-4a the last few years to seeing teams in the 7-4a this year....the level of competition is stronger.  The travel is lengthy but the depth of teams like Nashville, FL, Malvern and even Ashdown is tough.   They have a lot of speed.   

green-eagle

To make everyone mad, the Sand lizards go down hard against HWH/Hamburg!!

CatchTheGreyhound!

Quote from: ridgerunner on November 09, 2014, 09:02:08 am

Feel the POWER
How many times have you seen Dardanelle play this year? Do you know anything about teams in other parts of the state other than what you have read? Have you seen Warren, Nashville or Dollarway play? How many ranked teams in any class has your team beaten? Think before you speak.
The sand lizards are good, there is no doubt about that! My analysis of thier overall rankings within 4-A is mostly based on strength of schedule as well as noticeable capacity to clearly display dominance over thier opponents! After the fall of Nashville, Newport, Arky, & Warren....there is no doubt about it, they are the top dogs! Here's my response,  beat fountain lake by any measurement and you will have proven your legitimacy! !

WPWells

Catch just made another solid post! He's on a roll

ridgerunner

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 09, 2014, 10:31:16 am

Feel the POWER
The sand lizards are good, there is no doubt about that! My analysis of thier overall rankings within 4-A is mostly based on strength of schedule as well as noticeable capacity to clearly display dominance over thier opponents! After the fall of Nashville, Newport, Arky, & Warren....there is no doubt about it, they are the top dogs! Here's my response,  beat fountain lake by any measurement and you will have proven your legitimacy! !
So! you have seen Dardanelle, Warren, Nashville, Dollarway and even Fountain Lake how many times this year?

DogsWin7

November 09, 2014, 11:00:44 am #23 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:35:27 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 09, 2014, 09:32:29 am
Not to be disrespectful but in my opinion, from what I have seen from seeing the 4-4a the last few years to seeing teams in the 7-4a this year....the level of competition is stronger.  The travel is lengthy but the depth of teams like Nashville, FL, Malvern and even Ashdown is tough.   They have a lot of speed.

:)

ridgerunner

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 09, 2014, 11:00:44 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 09, 2014, 09:32:29 am

Just for fun...I looked up the Overall Playoff Records for both 4-4A and 7-4A according to FF Records.

7-4A                                                       W-L-T
Nashville-          Overall Playoff Record      33-8-0 (41 games)
Arkadelphia-                                            0-7-0   (7 games)
Ashdown-                                                8-10-0 (13 games)
Bauxite-                                                  6-9-0  (15 games)
Fountain Lake-                                        16-8-0 (24 games)
Malvern-                                                  7-5-0 (12 games)
Mena-                                                     3-6-0 (9 games)
Waldron-                                                 1-2-0 ( 3 games)

4-4A
Arkansas Baptist                                      3-5-0 ( 8 games)
Dardanelle                                               6-8-0 (14 games)
Clinton                                                    3-7-0 (10 games)
Dover                                                      2-4-0 ( 6 games)
Pottsville                                                  5-4-0 (9 games)
Ozark                                                      10-9-0 ( 19 games)
Robinson                                                  8-8-0 (16 games)
Subiaco Academy                                      0-2-0 ( 2 games)

If you added back Booneville to the 4-4A they are 14-13-0 (27 games)
That was fun.

scrapiron51

Dardenelle mercy rules Ft Lake, but they will fall before the semi-finals.

snoopy22

I have Dardanelle winning it.  They've been impressive.  Especially against the defending Class 4A state champs, Booneville (28-0).  Their conference is much better than normal also.  4A is strong this year though so this pick could miss, but as of now they are the best team in 4A.

Scooter2121

Quote from: snoopy22 on November 09, 2014, 12:02:44 pm
I have Dardanelle winning it.  They've been impressive.  Especially against the defending Class 4A state champs, Booneville (28-0).  Their conference is much better than normal also.  4A is strong this year though so this pick could miss, but as of now they are the best team in 4A.
Had the Booneville game been a conference game and if Booneville would had all there players playing against Dardanelle then I'm sure it would have been a closer game.Not saying Booneville would have won but it would have been a lot closer.

DogsWin7

November 09, 2014, 01:37:33 pm #28 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:42:51 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: snoopy22 on November 09, 2014, 12:02:44 pm
The best team in all of 4A?     If Dardanelle wins it all...I will be on here to Congratulate them...but I feel their statements of being boastful towards the upper classification schools was unreasonable...IMO.   I'm not trying to take anything away from the kids at Dardanelle and the hard work they have accomplished this season.

Lacerta agilis

November 09, 2014, 01:37:44 pm #29 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:41:27 pm by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: Bigredhog1971 on November 08, 2014, 11:42:35 pm
Dont drag me in to this Ive not said one bad word about Dardanelle this year but if you would like I will start but I think I will just stay out of this fight even though I do think that the 4-4a is weak.I believe there are a lot of teams in 4a that could have won the 4-4a if they where in that conference.We will see if Dardanelle is ready for the playoffs or not quickly.Some of the teams they will be playing have been battle tested already and we will see soon if playing in the weak 4-4a hurts them or not.

OK Bigred, I'll leave you out of it. I just figured (hard to forget the past) you were waiting for a your chance if/when Dardanelle slips up to take a jab at us. Maybe I was wrong about that. Scooter on the other hand, I'm sure needs therapy since the Lizards are having such a great year. Be nice to him this Christmas, it must be rough having a heart 5 sizes too small, and filled with hate for the Lizards.

WPWells

He hates Charleston too. His two most-hated teams are 20-0 on the year

LJ06

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 09, 2014, 11:29:20 am

LOL they won't mercy rule FL

DogsWin7

Quote from: LJ06 on November 09, 2014, 01:50:51 pm

I think he was being sarcastic.. ;) :)

LJ06

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 09, 2014, 01:53:14 pm

I think he was being sarcastic.. ;) :)

Ya never know about some on here.  I'm sure there are a few who actually believe that.

3 Dollar

Can we quote you on that?  Oh wait, I just did!!!   :-X

CatchTheGreyhound!

November 09, 2014, 03:10:26 pm #35 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:15:37 pm by CatchTheGreyhound!
Quote from: ridgerunner on November 09, 2014, 10:56:54 am
Feel the POWER
So! you have seen Dardanelle, Warren, Nashville, Dollarway and even Fountain Lake how many times this year?
Lets be honest! Do you really need to see a team like nashville, est. Play before you know theyre good, or do thier legacy speak for itself?

fbisgreat

I think 2 things will happen Friday night 1 Dardanelle will win a close game with a good Ft.Lake team.And it will be real cold and the Ft.lake coach will be wearing shorts.A few years ago Charleston played Lake in the playoffs it was 25 degrees and he was wearing shorts.

BannerMountainMan

Mark my words. Dardanelle makes it to Little Rock

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: CatchTheGreyhound! on November 09, 2014, 03:10:26 pm
Quote from: ridgerunner on November 09, 2014, 10:56:54 am
Feel the POWER
Lets be honest! Do you really need to see a team like nashville, est. Play before you know theyre good, or do thier legacy speak for itself?

Fear Shiloh Christian!!

scrapiron51

LJ06, I was not being sarcastic. Nashville is a better team than Dard, but the FL game was no indication of our potential. The reason Dard will mercy rule FL is because Dard is a very good team and they are well prepared for the wing T because they've played against it 3 times this year. Dard will also come out with something to prove and spank the inferior Cobras. Remember ScrapIron said that;)

phdefense

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 09, 2014, 08:38:47 am
Ive called for it to be a first round exit. But more than likely a second round.
You hope. You are worried about them. I can tell. Dardanelle has shown the dominance you said would come from Scrappers. Nashville's color is orange not green thus envy does not become you. Go ahead and chest thump and crow little rooster all the while praying for someone else to remove this obstacle and ringing your fists hoping against hope that another "off night" does not rear it's ugly head.

scrapiron51

I love how y'all always single out Nashville posters. I'm sorry that none of y'all can experience what it's like to have a completely dominant football history and be successful year in and year out.

AirWarren

They have nothing else to heckle about. Ph is a quality poster but back to back years without a playoff is getting he and his crew a tad desperate ha.

Bigbossman

Quote from: phdefense on November 09, 2014, 07:25:51 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on November 09, 2014, 08:38:47 am
You hope. You are worried about them. I can tell. Dardanelle has shown the dominance you said would come from Scrappers. Nashville's color is orange not green thus envy does not become you. Go ahead and chest thump and crow little rooster all the while praying for someone else to remove this obstacle and ringing your fists hoping against hope that another "off night" does not rear it's ugly head.
you deserve a gold star for your creative writing. No im a realist bud, their best shot at a win in the playoffs is friday night.

~WPS~

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 09, 2014, 07:21:39 pm
LJ06, I was not being sarcastic. Nashville is a better team than Dard, but the FL game was no indication of our potential. The reason Dard will mercy rule FL is because Dard is a very good team and they are well prepared for the wing T because they've played against it 3 times this year. Dard will also come out with something to prove and spank the inferior Cobras. Remember ScrapIron said that;)
I'm not convinced that the experience of facing a similar offense will help that much. Parker Ross has been hard for every team to slow down this year and will more than likely be the best back that Dardanelle will have faced so far. Mix in the other back that's got some speed and an effective play action scheme and Ftn. Lake can give Dardanelle some trouble. I've heard that FL should be fully healthy for the first time in a few weeks. The key is whether FL can stop Dardanelle's offense, if they can then look for a possible upset. I expect it to be high scoring and closer than expected. 

scrapiron51

I agree AW, good to have classy posters around like you. ph will get to have a little fun in a couple of years when Perrin had Stuttgart rolling!

CatchTheGreyhound!

I would love to see this game! Fountain Lake love to control the clock and have a very effective Power Run offense, much like our own! It will be nice to see some one new take the Crown! But I got to be honest....the hounds want it just as bad as any other team, and as of right now, they are lining up in the "I" and running right through the competition!

scrapiron51

Well Catch, they haven't played Nashville yet.

redeye819

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 09, 2014, 05:57:28 pm
Mark my words. Dardanelle makes it to Little Rock
Won't deny that, but will be as spectators.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 08, 2014, 01:32:35 pm

&

Just let the fans of Dardanelle enjoy their teams success this year.  The team is 10-0 after all.  I think the 4-4A might just win a few games on Friday night.  Do I know they will win it all No, but I think they have as good a chance as any other team.  I will just wait for each game to see. There are always many ways to look at things.  Could it be that the 7-4a and 8-4A are down this year or could it be they are better top to bottom this year.  Give it a few weeks and we all will have a better idea.

But if asked me to pick the team that I thought had the best chance.  I would have to go with the Dardanelle Sandlizards.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas