• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dawson interviews with Russellville.

Started by scrapiron51, December 25, 2014, 05:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapiron51

December 25, 2014, 05:39:11 pm Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:57:48 pm by scrapiron51
Will Dawson return for next season? Great coach.

SUGARTOWN

I'm currently in Nashville, I'll try to get the scoop for you.

OldScrap

If Russelville hires him he will be gone.

polksalet

Boss man claims to have seen hembree in town.

Bigbossman

nuttinbuthogs

Coach likes a new challenge, but I bet this was more a case of them contacting him and so he went.  If it's true at all.

intruder

He interviewed per superintendent, published in paper

polksalet

WalterWhite

~WPS~

polksalet

Bigbossman

This thread is going to get very hot very soon. There may be some name calling and that sorta thing that goes on. I just want everyone to start getting mentally prepared for this. Hold on to your hat folks offseason is about to get real real interesting.

~WPS~

polksalet

scrapiron51

He interviewed at Russelville High, nothing official yet.

hogdiggity

Will be official this week according to sources close to the situation

polksalet

Uncle Ivan

polksalet

Hoophawg

Dawson is the new HC at Russellville.  Done deal.  Trust my sources on this one

hogdiggity

Quote from: Hoophawg on December 28, 2014, 02:05:29 pm
And taking some coaches with him from what I was told.   BIG changes about to happen at Nashville. 

Bigbossman

December 28, 2014, 04:24:59 pm #22 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 04:34:06 pm by Bigbossman
Quote from: hogdiggity on December 28, 2014, 03:59:19 pm
Quote from: Hoophawg on December 28, 2014, 02:05:29 pm
And taking some coaches with him from what I was told.   BIG changes about to happen at Nashville.
You've been given incorrect information.

Actually let me restate that, there are two that I can see going, one from hs one from jr high.

hogdiggity

hawgfan15

The most important assistant declined Dawson's offer and will stay in Nashville I am told. We will see how all of this plays out.

Hoophawg

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 28, 2014, 05:05:43 pm
The most important assistant declined Dawson's offer and will stay in Nashville I am told. We will see how all of this plays out.
Who would that be?

polksalet

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on December 18, 2014, 10:56:45 am
Congratulations!  ;)

What's the big shocker about a coach moving to another school?  Soap Opera - name calling - really?  Dawson is no stranger to Russellville.

nuttinbuthogs

This could be a really interesting move if it is true.  Dawson is an excellent coach and very detail oriented, successful everywhere he has been.

The Coach

Got a serious task ahead of him if this is true

nuttinbuthogs

I'd put money on a turnaround within the next two seasons if it is true.  Now that could mean 5-5 or 6-4 in year two if its really as bad as people say.  Looking at the last 15 the record is not consistantly good. Some real good ones and some real bad ones.

hogdiggity

I heard the money that will be paid to Dawson is an extremely large sum for an Arkansas hs coach

The Coach

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 28, 2014, 06:09:20 pm
I'd put money on a turnaround within the next two seasons if it is true.  Now that could mean 5-5 or 6-4 in year two if its really as bad as people say.  Looking at the last 15 the record is not consistantly good. Some real good ones and some real bad ones.

It's a 5-5 job for the most part. Occasional 6-4, 7-3 yr possible but not the norm

nuttinbuthogs

You don't have much faith inthe talent in Russelville?

The Coach

December 28, 2014, 06:22:09 pm #34 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:23:50 pm by The Coach
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 28, 2014, 06:19:18 pm
You don't have much faith inthe talent in Russelville?

losing their better playmakers from this team and not a lot coming up combined with who they play in conference

Valleysports

December 28, 2014, 06:46:14 pm #35 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:55:19 pm by Valleysports
I totally disagree with you The Coach!  Should be no worse than 5-5 (current schedule) on a bad year.  Don't forget, it hasn't been long since Russellville was the only 6A team playing in the 7A (7A Schedule). And making it to Qtr & Semi Finals.  They lost an assistant, who was the glue (obviously you know), and the program fell apart - with some of the best talent they've had in years.  Just having multi-sport athletes play football again will make a big difference.  What is it with Dardanelle Fans?  ha ha 

New coach will have to build program from Jr High up though!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 06:46:14 pm
I totally disagree with you The Coach!  Should be no worse than 5-5 (current schedule) on a bad year.  Don't forget, it hasn't been long since Russellville was the only 6A team playing in the 7A (7A Schedule). And making it to Qtr & Semi Finals.  They lost an assistant, who was the glue (obviously you know), and the program fell apart - with some of the best talent they've had in years.  Just having multi-sport athletes play football again will make a big difference.  What is it with Dardanelle Fans?  ha ha

They know that they will be just another team in 4A next year, and can't stand that big brother across the River might actually start making the playoffs again, and possibly become something other than a doormat...

Bigbossman

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 05:59:38 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on December 18, 2014, 10:56:45 am
Congratulations!  ;)

What's the big shocker about a coach moving to another school?  Soap Opera - name calling - really?  Dawson is no stranger to Russellville.
Just hold on it gets better.

Bigbossman

Before this all plays out, I'd be willing to bet this will be one of if not the longest threads of the offseason.

Valleysports

In that case - scrapiron51, how about spelling Russellville, correctly, in the title of this thread? 

LJ06

Dawson taking another job is probably worst case scenario for Nashville considering what they have returning. The next hire will make or break their championship chances for next season. Huge loss for the Scrappers if all this is true.

HorseFeathers

Valley didn't anyone tell you that Spelling had to be cut because the time it takes to do Common Core Math?

WalterWhite

Quote from: LJ06 on December 28, 2014, 08:31:43 pm
Dawson taking another job is probably worst case scenario for Nashville considering what they have returning. The next hire will make or break their championship chances for next season. Huge loss for the Scrappers if all this is true.
Some of the prospective replacements that have allegedly expressed interest would be a great fit. Nashville doesn't have a bad track record with their hiring.

HorseFeathers

So is Dawson to Russellville a for sure thing?

The Coach

December 28, 2014, 09:02:03 pm #45 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:11:04 pm by The Coach

[/quote]
They know that they will be just another team in 4A next year, and can't stand that big brother across the River might actually start making the playoffs again, and possibly become something other than a doormat...
[/quote]

::)

The Coach

December 28, 2014, 09:09:07 pm #46 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:21:34 pm by The Coach
Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2014, 06:46:14 pm

The talent was better when they were going to the qtrs and semis then it is now. Asst coach was a huge loss. They won 2 in HS, what in jr high 1 or 2. I do think the 8th grade had a solid season did they not? What about 7th grade?

Either way Dawson has his work cut out for him if this true.  Should definately bring some life to the program.

STUNNA

Time for Perry to come back to scrapperville!!!

~WPS~

scrapiron51

Not very familiar with Russellville, my fault I let autocorrect do my work for me.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas