• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 All State

Started by whippersnapper, December 16, 2014, 11:50:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

AirWarren

Congrats to Jaylon, Aaron, and Kilay.

FootBallar21

Quote from: whippersnapper on December 16, 2014, 11:50:58 am
http://www.ahsaa.org/news/1006

are you as shocked as I am that Jackson is not on this list ?  WOW
Mena makes the finals and has as many all state players as Bauxite

whippersnapper

All state is voted on before the playoffs. But yes I am very shocked

WPWells

Don't worry, Danville got as many all-state players as Charleston

l0l

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 16, 2014, 02:21:53 pm

Hard to argue with Madison not being all state regardless of team record.

BassMaster33

December 16, 2014, 03:10:50 pm #6 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:19:47 pm by BassMaster33
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 16, 2014, 02:21:53 pm

Absolutely nothing against Sage, but most of his throws were lateral screens to Daugherty, who made things happen!  Not to mention his Defensive #'s, punt returns for TD's..  It's ridiculous!!

BassMaster33

Again, absolutely nothing against Kesterson! He was just as deserving..  Just do not agree with them leaving JD off..

FootBallar21

Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 03:13:06 pm
Again, absolutely nothing against Kesterson! He was just as deserving..  Just do not agree with them leaving JD off..

don't bring Kesterson down to bring Jackson up,  no need in that,  both 2 of the best bearcats I've ever seen. and bottom line BOTH should be there !    over 4,000 total yards for Kesterson ,  Will probably hold all or most QB records at Mena for a long long time!   

Jackson with everything he did,  around 2,000 yards of offense,   Punting duties at times,   Punt return TD's,  Pick 6 TD's   ,    played amazing at Safety all year long.     was a top 3 finisher in Hootens Defensive player of the year.     For him not to be on this list is a shame! 
He meant more to this bearcat team that just about any other player in the state did for there team,  very few exceptions!  He truly did it all for Mena.   

BassMaster33

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 16, 2014, 03:25:24 pm
Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 03:13:06 pm

don't bring Kesterson down to bring Jackson up,  no need in that,  both 2 of the best bearcats I've ever seen. and bottom line BOTH should be there !    over 4,000 total yards for Kesterson ,  Will probably hold all or most QB records at Mena for a long long time!   

Jackson with everything he did,  around 2,000 yards of offense,   Punting duties at times,   Punt return TD's,  Pick 6 TD's   ,    played amazing at Safety all year long.     was a top 3 finisher in Hootens Defensive player of the year.     For him not to be on this list is a shame! 
He meant more to this bearcat team that just about any other player in the state did for there team,  very few exceptions!  He truly did it all for Mena.   
Which is why I added my last post!  Sage was very very deserving!

l0l

I would guess that Daughtery (sp?) getting ejected and missing a game for throwing a punch didn't win him any points in the voting category. Actions have consequences.

FootBallar21

Quote from: l0l on December 16, 2014, 05:39:25 pm
I would guess that Daughtery (sp?) getting ejected and missing a game for throwing a punch didn't win him any points in the voting category. Actions have consequences.

I believe everyone makes mistakes,  and he was only taking up for his teammate who Arkadelphia had just cheap shotted

~WPS~

There are better ways to take up for someone. Punching them isn't one of then.

AirWarren

Madison is by far a better player than the mena kid. I'm sorry but that is the truth.

~WPS~

Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2014, 06:12:23 pm
Madison is by far a better player than the mena kid. I'm sorry but that is the truth.
No doubt.

l0l

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 16, 2014, 05:55:54 pm

I believe everyone makes mistakes,  and he was only taking up for his teammate who Arkadelphia had just cheap shotted

Obviously I don't have a vote in this, but I wouldn't have laid one down for him either. You'd have an excuse ready if a Mena player committed a homicide on the field. "HE WAS PROVOKED!!!!"

Bottom line, All-state players don't risk their teams season by missing the end of a game and not playing in another from rash actions. You can take up for your teammate without throwing a punch.

Regardless, Madison is leagues beyond any player Mena had.

AirWarren

I saw three kids in particular that needed personal fouls thrown on them from mena. Particularly #23. He always was pushing our players helmets into the ground, he cheaply horse collared one of our guys on a touchdown pass, and cheap shot players all night. So it wouldn't surprise me to see one of their kids cheap shot punching someone.

hogfan10

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 16, 2014, 05:55:54 pm

I'm guessing that there was only one cheap shot taken, since there was only one ejection and penalty. I'll let you decide who cheap shotted whom. I think it had more to do with sour grapes, than taking up for a teammate.

l0l

Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2014, 06:25:52 pm
I saw three kids in particular that needed personal fouls thrown on them from mena. Particularly #23. He always was pushing our players helmets into the ground, he cheaply horse collared one of our guys on a touchdown pass, and cheap shot players all night. So it wouldn't surprise me to see one of their kids cheap shot punching someone.

I found it interesting Bauxite lost 3 players to the Mena team. That extra twist to the knee while players were on the ground took 2 starters that played both ways out for the season. Footballar can explain why they choose to twist legs while on the ground. I've yet to find that in any coaching strategy book.

Bigbossman

Quote from: l0l on December 16, 2014, 06:28:55 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on December 16, 2014, 06:25:52 pm

I found it interesting Bauxite lost 3 players to the Mena team. That extra twist to the knee while players were on the ground took 2 starters that played both ways out for the season. Footballar can explain why they choose to twist legs while on the ground. I've yet to find that in any coaching strategy book.
if history of his posts have taught us anything, its that indeed he will offer up an explanation and a justification.

BassMaster33

Boy this thread has really went stupid!!  I guess "JEERS" to Mena for being the only High School football team in Arkansas that has ever take a snap just a little after the whistle has blown because he was trying to do his job.   But also gotta give um "CHEERS" for being  able to take all these cheap shots so fast on opposing players that were seen by so many parents from the stands,  but very seldom seen by the Refs who spot the ball every play! Maybe 4A needs new refs!   And no, I'm not from Mena!

Bigbossman

Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 06:56:48 pm
Boy this thread has really went stupid!!  I guess "JEERS" to Mena for being the only High School football team in Arkansas that has ever take a snap just a little after the whistle has blown because he was trying to do his job.   But also gotta give um "CHEERS" for being  able to take all these cheap shots so fast on opposing players that were seen by so many parents from the stands,  but very seldom seen by the Refs who spot the ball every play! Maybe 4A needs new refs!   And no, I'm not from Mena!
They also missed the kid throw the nashille fans the bird from mid field, im assuming it's because he was gettin his arse handed to him on the field.

l0l

You're probably right. It's got to be just a coincidence that every team they have faced has complained about their "after-the-whistle" antics and all around dirty play. Also, the different coaches I've talked to were just out to besmirch Mena's good name! The audacity, my apologies for being a proponent of such behavior.

BassMaster33

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 16, 2014, 07:07:56 pm
They also missed the kid throw the nashille fans the bird from mid field, im assuming it's because he was gettin his arse handed to him on the field.
I guess we need to talk to these blind refs! Lol.
Obviously guys I do not condone this kind of behavior!  My post was mostly as a joke..  I'm just sayin Menas program isn't the only team that's had a kid let his emotions carry him a little too far!  I'm a grown man, and still let my emotions get to me sometimes!   

AirWarren

I saw some great sportsmanship from mena. But I also saw some horrid attitudes and actions.

Superjack45

Yes I tell you what I watched the film and I will give you some numbers if you would like, I will give them to you anyway #50 and #23 and #1 they played dirty you can not use your hands and get under the opposing player face mask and push his head back #50 and #1 did it the whole time they were on defense and #23 was late hitting a lot when the player was already on the ground.Just because you are losing you shouldn't play dirty but some kids do it sometime and get away with it. I am not mad but just telling what I saw.

BassMaster33

Quote from: Superjack45 on December 16, 2014, 08:01:57 pm
Yes I tell you what I watched the film and I will give you some numbers if you would like, I will give them to you anyway #50 and #23 and #1 they played dirty you can not use your hands and get under the opposing player face mask and push his head back #50 and #1 did it the whole time they were on defense and #23 was late hitting a lot when the player was already on the ground.Just because you are losing you shouldn't play dirty but some kids do it sometime and get away with it. I am not mad but just telling what I saw.
I was there, but I did not watch the game in this much depth.. Mostly I seen a great Warren team playing a very impressive game, against a team that earned their spot to play in WMS.. Mena was dominated in all aspects.. Only 1 time did I see even a questionably late hit..  If a kid is playing dirty, it should fall on his coach to be handled immediately.   But I don't think for a second any Mena coaches were telling their players to play dirty..   

Bigbossman

Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 08:25:29 pm
I was there, but I did not watch the game in this much depth.. Mostly I seen a great Warren team playing a very impressive game, against a team that earned their spot to play in WMS.. Mena was dominated in all aspects.. Only 1 time did I see even a questionably late hit..  If a kid is playing dirty, it should fall on his coach to be handled immediately.   But I don't think for a second any Mena coaches were telling their players to play dirty..
I would agree with that. Mena has a long history of dirty play. Do a poll asking how many folks have been called a derogatory racial name over the years on the field and what school was the worst offender.  Mena is gonna come up on top. However I don't think this is a coaching tactic neither now or in years past.I just think its a mena thing. 

AirWarren

^thats typically the attitude of mountain folk.

beach bum

December 16, 2014, 09:37:59 pm #29 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:39:35 pm by beach bum
I love the term mountain folk lol... I know what you are talking about. My girlfriend comes from one of those towns in Arkansas and we like to have a good time discussing some of the locals. I remember Mena was pretty dirty at its 2011 playoff game with Prairie Grove as well. They had some bad apples ruin it for the others.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on December 16, 2014, 09:37:59 pm
I love the term mountain folk lol... I know what you are talking about. My girlfriend comes from one of those towns in Arkansas and we like to have a good time discussing some of the locals. I remember Mena was pretty dirty at its 2011 playoff game with Prairie Grove as well. They had some bad apples ruin it for the others.

I have family in north Arkansas and in/around the ozark area. Just a different type of people in those parts.

WPWells

Ozark's mascot isn't the Hillbillies for nothing

From my experience, there's a HUGE difference between living in the town of Ozark and living in the surrounding rural area

beach bum

Yeah her family still lives in Winslow where she went until they had the West Fork/Greenland consolidation. I still miss their mascot of the Flying Squirrels and being the Fighting Squirrels before that... And Ozark is still my favorite atmosphere to watch a game. They have a very loyal fan base.

Wonderdog

Even though level judgement is supposed to be enforced when selecting these honors, usually very statistically based, his ejection may have very well been a contributing factor to him being left off the list. Despite being a very good and statistically deserving candidate.

bearcatfan57

wow that's truly upsetting I feel mixed emotions I know in my playing times I didn't see and dirty tactics but Jacks have nothing to lie about it isn't like they lost and are trying to create an excuse they legit whooped us and could very well have rubbed it in our face but were very classy in every way so this breaks my heart that I hear this about players sure teams get heated sometimes and make mistakes I know on the basketball side I almost wanted to come unglued at some plays I saw and that was wrong but on to the subject of the post I believe even though he made a mistake I don't believe that should affect his ability to play he still was an all state caliber player  and earned his spot up there with Sage but I guess we cant change that and I still want to congratulate Sage he earned every bit of this  he was a work horse that's for sure and he played with heart

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 16, 2014, 09:05:11 pm
Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 08:25:29 pm
I would agree with that. Mena has a long history of dirty play. Do a poll asking how many folks have been called a derogatory racial name over the years on the field and what school was the worst offender.  Mena is gonna come up on top. However I don't think this is a coaching tactic neither now or in years past.I just think its a mena thing.
welcome to mena football!!!!!!!!!

Blazer51

This is probably an easy question to answer but why does 4a have so few Allstate selections compared to say 5a where it looks like they have double.

l0l

Quote from: bearcatfan57 on December 17, 2014, 12:15:48 am
wow that's truly upsetting I feel mixed emotions I know in my playing times I didn't see and dirty tactics but Jacks have nothing to lie about it isn't like they lost and are trying to create an excuse they legit whooped us and could very well have rubbed it in our face but were very classy in every way so this breaks my heart that I hear this about players sure teams get heated sometimes and make mistakes I know on the basketball side I almost wanted to come unglued at some plays I saw and that was wrong but on to the subject of the post I believe even though he made a mistake I don't believe that should affect his ability to play he still was an all state caliber player  and earned his spot up there with Sage but I guess we cant change that and I still want to congratulate Sage he earned every bit of this  he was a work horse that's for sure and he played with heart

It may not have been that one action that didn't land him a vote in all-state, just an assumption on my part. The kid is a solid player, but at the end of the day they select the best 8 players from each conference. Any conference in the state 7A and down would struggle to not include Ben Madison (which was the context with which footballer started his complaints) in their list. The plays he made each week on a football field are things you typically see in D1 NCAA level.

AirWarren

Here is the thing.

Madison will probably be playing MLB after he graduates.

Hence why he is an all state athlete.

bearcatfan57

ah ok I see I understand that Im glad we got at least one player in Im very proud of the team unfortunately like I said the dirty plays have me upset but still glad they made it farther than anyone thought

FootBallar21

The bottom line guys is every team just about has a player or 2,  who sometimes has a late hit or a dirty play,    and for everyone to try to call Mena out is a joke.    I watched them play all season and yes there was some mistakes or cheap shots here and there,  but I did not see anymore by mena players than I seen against Mena players!   

and to say Mena has a history of that ?  SINCE WHEN  ?      when I played in the early 2000's over a 2 season Period I was the only player on the team to even get a personal foul penalty and it was after I repeatedly pancaked blocked a kid from Dequeen, who then after the whistle grabbed my helmet and took us to the ground where,  HE , NOT ME,  he proceeded to throw punches on the ground,      and the ref only gave both of us a personal foul.    But 2 go 2 full seasons , that would basically show Zero cheap shots taken by Mena over that time period !   
During my time playing I only had a problem with a couple of kids and they played for DeQueen and Fountain Lake,  both took cheap shots at me after the whistle ,   including the said kid from Dequeen who attempted punching me, "LOW"   every so often! 

bearcatfan57

yeah I didn't know anything about it in the past as well I played more recent years and didn't know anything about it although my last game was in 11 so I know nothing of the last three years, but when I played I never saw people saying Mena was cheap in the past. That definity was the part I was confused about. I know I do believe it was dover that had a very bad horse collar  (that wasn't called btw) that put a player out for the season one year I played and it was very heartbreaking knowing he could have broken a record or two but that's in the past lets just look to the future and enjoy the seasons to come

btw sorry if it wasn't dover and not trying to call anyone out or anything but  fb21 do you know what play I mean happened in 10

l0l

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 17, 2014, 04:26:05 pm
The bottom line guys is every team just about has a player or 2,  who sometimes has a late hit or a dirty play,    and for everyone to try to call Mena out is a joke.    I watched them play all season and yes there was some mistakes or cheap shots here and there,  but I did not see anymore by mena players than I seen against Mena players!   

and to say Mena has a history of that ?  SINCE WHEN  ?      when I played in the early 2000's over a 2 season Period I was the only player on the team to even get a personal foul penalty and it was after I repeatedly pancaked blocked a kid from Dequeen, who then after the whistle grabbed my helmet and took us to the ground where,  HE , NOT ME,  he proceeded to throw punches on the ground,      and the ref only gave both of us a personal foul.    But 2 go 2 full seasons , that would basically show Zero cheap shots taken by Mena over that time period !   
During my time playing I only had a problem with a couple of kids and they played for DeQueen and Fountain Lake,  both took cheap shots at me after the whistle ,   including the said kid from Dequeen who attempted punching me, "LOW"   every so often!

To hear you tell it Mena players pee rainbows and poop lollipops. It's a nice thing living in a world of obliviousness. Like the parent that believes their child did nothing wrong. Multiple teams, multiple complaints. If it looks like a dog, walks like a dog, barks like a dog.... it's probably a dog.

intruder

I always look for the common denominator to solve problems

bearcatfan57

bottom line is cheap shots are pathetic no matter who you are whether it be us, or another team. to have someone just playing a game and  you decide that youre going to do a late hit or try to hurt them for whatever reason whether it be  youre losing , or you just hate them is low and should not be tolerated. I would think that no matter what it has a negative effect on your team.

Bigbossman

and to say Mena has a history of that ?  SINCE WHEN  ?      when I played in the early 2000's over a 2 season Period I was the only player on the team to even get a personal foul penalty and it was after I repeatedly pancaked blocked a kid from Dequeen, who then after the whistle grabbed my helmet and took us to the ground where,  HE , NOT ME,  he proceeded to throw punches on the ground,      and the ref only gave both of us a personal foul.    But 2 go 2 full seasons , that would basically show Zero cheap shots taken by Mena over that time period !   
do you have that kids phone number, I'd like to buy him a coke. Sounds like real good people. Had you not provoked him this probably wouldn't have happened. I hope that lesson sank in and you stopped being that person.

l0l

FootBallar21

December 18, 2014, 12:27:21 pm #47 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:09:43 pm by FootBallar21
Quote from: Bigbossman on December 17, 2014, 06:43:47 pm

and to say Mena has a history of that ?  SINCE WHEN  ?      when I played in the early 2000's over a 2 season Period I was the only player on the team to even get a personal foul penalty and it was after I repeatedly pancaked blocked a kid from Dequeen, who then after the whistle grabbed my helmet and took us to the ground where,  HE , NOT ME,  he proceeded to throw punches on the ground,      and the ref only gave both of us a personal foul.    But 2 go 2 full seasons , that would basically show Zero cheap shots taken by Mena over that time period !   
do you have that kids phone number, I'd like to buy him a coke. Sounds like real good people. Had you not provoked him this probably wouldn't have happened. I hope that lesson sank in and you stopped being that person.

No I proceeded to knock him around the rest of the game,    He probably felt like a girl from nameless town after the game,  since he was one his back so much! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas