• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DEAR NASHVILLE COACHES

Started by Bigbossman, December 13, 2014, 11:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbossman

PLEASE, drop watson chapel and replace with Prescott,  also feel free to drop hope and replace with arkansas high.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 13, 2014, 11:56:35 pm
PLEASE, drop watson chapel and replace with Prescott,  also feel free to drop hope and replace with arkansas high.

Nashville wants no part of Arkansas high most years! that game would be ugly!

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 14, 2014, 12:15:06 am

Ignorance. You obviously do not know much about Arkansas High in recent years.

Bigbossman

~WPS~

Bigbossman

intruder

Gotta play WC there this year to finish home and home

Bigbossman

AHS06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 14, 2014, 12:17:28 am
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 14, 2014, 12:15:06 am

Ignorance. You obviously do not know much about Arkansas High in recent years.
Even in recent years Nashville wouldn't hold up for an entire game.  Plus Dawson has ties in Texarkana and he knows to keep the Scappers away from the Hogs.

Bigbossman

I say put it on the schedule and lets find out. I've been told that more than once the offer has been made by nashville but AH would not take the challenge. 

polksalet

If not Arkie high Lake Hamilton would be a cool matchup.

THE D.O.C

FootBallar21

Yes arkansas high hasn't been the power that won several state titles back in the 2000s.  But they are still really deep and very solid most years.   
Some of those years in the late 2000's they probably had the best overall team in the state.    And yes I've watched them in person and rooted for Arkansas high quite a bit the last 8 years.    So I do know what I'm talking about so try again with your insults.   

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 14, 2014, 10:47:04 am
Yes arkansas high hasn't been the power that won several state titles back in the 2000s.  But they are still really deep and very solid most years.   
Some of those years in the late 2000's they probably had the best overall team in the state.    And yes I've watched them in person and rooted for Arkansas high quite a bit the last 8 years.    So I do know what I'm talking about so try again with your insults.   

Arkansas High has been below average since their last championship with Dennis Johnson. Nashville would win more than they would lose in that matchup. Guarantee it

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 14, 2014, 12:25:51 pm

Arkansas High has been below average since their last championship with Dennis Johnson. Nashville would win more than they would lose in that matchup. Guarantee it

you've said lots of dumb things, but this may take the cake.   
A high doesn't need to paly Nashville,  it does them no good,  They are better off playing better TEAMS which is what they do in non conference,   Texas High , Liberty I,  and whoever else most years .    Arkansas high is WAY to deep and talented to loose to Nashville .   Forget there State Championship teams and 6A Runner Up teams.   It would take one of Nashville's Best teams,  the 96 team,  or the 2005 team even have a shot,  Because your other 2 really good teams 2006 and 2007 were also years Texarkana was elite and they still roll in those games,    So looking at the last 20 years,   I would have Texarkana 18 - 2 Record if I had to handicap those games vs Nashville.     

Bigbossman

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 14, 2014, 07:14:17 pm

A high doesn't need to paly Nashville,  it does them no good,  They are better off playing better TEAMS which is what they do in non conference,   Texas High , Liberty I,  and whoever else most years .    Arkansas high is WAY to deep and talented to loose to Nashville .   Forget there State Championship teams and 6A Runner Up teams.   It would take one of Nashville's Best teams,  the 96 team,  or the 2005 team even have a shot,  Because your other 2 really good teams 2006 and 2007 were also years Texarkana was elite and they still roll in those games,    So looking at the last 20 years,   I would have Texarkana 18 - 2 Record if I had to handicap those games vs Nashville.   
I think your problem I is your used to watching teams like mena, and cant fully comprehend year in year out relative squads.

FootBallar21

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 14, 2014, 08:14:44 pm

I think your problem I is your used to watching teams like mena, and cant fully comprehend year in year out relative squads.

I live in Greenwood, and I watch GREAT FOOTBALL ALL THE TIME! 
I am from Mena and that will always be my Team,  but I don't just watch Mena play.    I've seen Charleston play,   I've watched Greenwood a lot the last few years ,  now that is a class program, without the arrogance of Nashville!    and like I've said I have lots of family down in Texarkana and have watched Arkansas High play  several times!   

and with the 7 games I watched Mena play this year looks like I was watching State Title Runner ups.     

scrapiron51

Well heck just give us Texas High or better yet Bentonville. We'll beat anybody.

polksalet

We had an agreement to play euless trinity a few years back but they bailed on us.

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 14, 2014, 08:51:34 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on December 14, 2014, 08:14:44 pm

I live in Greenwood, and I watch GREAT FOOTBALL ALL THE TIME! 
I am from Mena and that will always be my Team,  but I don't just watch Mena play.    I've seen Charleston play,   I've watched Greenwood a lot the last few years ,  now that is a class program, without the arrogance of Nashville!    and like I've said I have lots of family down in Texarkana and have watched Arkansas High play  several times!   

and with the 7 games I watched Mena play this year looks like I was watching State Title Runner ups.   

Liberty I? And loose? Did you graduate from Mena?

One thing I didn't get wrong is that Warren would beat Mena bad. That happened and you got all upset when we tried to tell you the week before the game.

~WPS~

Arkansas High is better off playing better teams like Liberty Eylau, not Nashville. Liberty Eylau, the team Nashville beat in 2008 and 2009.

Scrapper14

December 14, 2014, 11:01:07 pm #21 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 11:04:29 pm by Scrapper14
Hope beat arkansas high in a scrimmage this year by 3 scores the Scrappers would have dominated them the past 3 years I've seen them play and I played against them and team camp from 2011-2013 they are not very good and Nashville beat hope 53-10 this year if I'm not mistaken

Bigbossman

What about dropping hope and picking back up with prescott?  Anybody got any thoughts on that?

The Coach

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 14, 2014, 08:52:33 pm
Well heck just give us Texas High or better yet Bentonville. We'll beat anybody.

Easy there big fella

FootBallar21

Mena following its season which was better than Nashville is looking to schd. Dallas Carter next season too.   

polksalet

Dallas carter and mena is basically the same school.

scrapiron51

How can you say your season was better when yall were mercy ruled in the state championship game and y'all were mercy ruled by us at Mena. Y'all had a sorry team with an easy bracket, get over yourselves.

phdefense

December 15, 2014, 12:15:33 pm #27 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:19:30 pm by phdefense
Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 15, 2014, 10:59:48 am
How can you say your season was better when yall were mercy ruled in the state championship game and y'all were mercy ruled by us at Mena. Y'all had a sorry team with an easy bracket, get over yourselves.
You left out the part where they handled two teams that gave the scrappers trouble and ultimately made it further. One of these days nashvillians might start understanding that some teams just match up different. Nashville did better against spreads teams while Mena did better against physical teams.

Moral of this story? the scrappers need to toughen up

The Coach

The 7-4A as a whole isn't a real physical conference from the games I watched this year.

Probably the biggest reason Mena and Ftn Lake gave so many teams trouble this first year back in.

polksalet

The Coach

Quote from: polksalet on December 15, 2014, 12:33:03 pm
Mena was physical?

Not really but they were one of the more physical teams in the 7-4A

Hoophawg

I'm neither a Nashville or ark high fan.  My goodness wake up people most years Nashville is better than Ark high.  Not all but most.  My goodness get a clue

FootBallar21

Quote from: The Coach on December 15, 2014, 12:27:55 pm
The 7-4A as a whole isn't a real physical conference from the games I watched this year.

Probably the biggest reason Mena and Ftn Lake gave so many teams trouble this first year back in.

Fountain Lake , wasn't very good,  They barely made playoffs and only beat the AVERAGE Nashville team.. 

hawgfan15

December 15, 2014, 03:32:24 pm #33 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:38:44 pm by hawgfan15
Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 15, 2014, 03:17:58 pm

Fountain Lake , wasn't very good,  They barely made playoffs and only beat the AVERAGE Nashville team..

Average = 35-7 over Mena, Conference Champs, and lost to the #2 team in 4A

Gotcha

hawgfan15

Quote from: Hoophawg on December 15, 2014, 01:06:16 pm
I'm neither a Nashville or ark high fan.  My goodness wake up people most years Nashville is better than Ark high.  Not all but most.  My goodness get a clue

Exactly +1

FootBallar21

Hawgfan,  you beat Mena when its best player and Probably the Hootens award winner for Defensive player of the YEAR  IN ALL OF 4A was out   A kid who saved 4, or 5 TD's in the Star City game alone ,  a kid who was just as important to the offense ,   with around 2,000 total yards receiving and rushing!    He never played,  in addition to 2 Starting offensive lineman!   

You have to throw that game out the windown,   and then when you look at the body of WORK!

You lost in the playoffs to the #2 team in the state Dardanelle with 8 teams still left!
Mena lost to the #1 team in the state in the finals ! 

Mena destroyed an Ashdown team that you struggled with all game until late in the 4th!

Mena destroyed a Fountain Lake team that Beat Nashville

Mena Beat Malvern by 2 TD's once and then in the playoffs by 3 TD's  a team that it took them to Miss a last second field goal or they beat you . 

You're ONLY real argument should be yall beat Arkadelphia , a team that Mena split with going 1-1 VS !   

Bottom line is,    lets POLL people with no ties to either school and see who thinks had the better regular season,  it isn't even that CLOSE , Mena all day!   

Enjoy your regular season win,   Mena will enjoy its state finals runner up Trophy! 

The Coach

The same could be said about Mena not being very good after what I Watched Warren do to Mena and What I watched Nashville do to Mena. I know with 100% certainty what Dardanelle would've done to mena.

FootBallar21

Quote from: The Coach on December 15, 2014, 04:07:32 pm

The same could be said about Mena not being very good after what I Watched Warren do to Mena and What I watched Nashville do to Mena. I know with 100% certainty what Dardanelle would've done to mena.

Nashivlle Mena you have to throw out the window , remember we went over this ,     

The Coach

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 15, 2014, 04:40:20 pm
Quote from: The Coach on December 15, 2014, 04:07:32 pm

Nashivlle Mena you have to throw out the window , remember we went over this ,   

That 1 player,  especially the one I watched with my own 2 eyes isn't making up a 28 point difference in that game. Nashville was the better team that night plain and simple and there is nothing wrong with admitting that. Just like Warren was better then Mena, and Dardanelle was better then Nashville etc.

FootBallar21

That game, Mena got the ball at its own 15 to 20 yard line and couldn't get a first down, and then punted the ball about 15 yards every time giving Nashville Great field position all game,   That kid helps Mena move the ball some get some first downs,  Nashville doesn't start with the ball at the Mena 40 Yard line 4 times in the first half!     and He makes a huge difference on defense too.  Trust Me that game would of been totally different.     Would Nashville still win, Sure  ,  more like a 28-21 game though! 

Hoophawg

What number is the player?  If its No. 44 or no.7 for Mena then losing one of them would have been huge.  Not sure about 28 pts but probably close.  They were that big for their team

The Coach

Quote from: Hoophawg on December 15, 2014, 05:02:31 pm
What number is the player?  If its No. 44 or no.7 for Mena then losing one of them would have been huge.  Not sure about 28 pts but probably close.  They were that big for their team

#44 but it still would've been a 14-21 pt win for Nashville on that night.

hawgfan15

Quote from: The Coach on December 15, 2014, 05:04:33 pm
Quote from: Hoophawg on December 15, 2014, 05:02:31 pm

#44 but it still would've been a 14-21 pt win for Nashville on that night.

Exactly. 1 player doesn't make that big of a difference in football. Especially one that isn't the QB. Nashville won because they dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

hawgfan15

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 15, 2014, 04:02:42 pm
Hawgfan,  you beat Mena when its best player and Probably the Hootens award winner for Defensive player of the YEAR  IN ALL OF 4A was out   A kid who saved 4, or 5 TD's in the Star City game alone ,  a kid who was just as important to the offense ,   with around 2,000 total yards receiving and rushing!    He never played,  in addition to 2 Starting offensive lineman!   

You have to throw that game out the windown,   and then when you look at the body of WORK!

You lost in the playoffs to the #2 team in the state Dardanelle with 8 teams still left!
Mena lost to the #1 team in the state in the finals ! 

Mena destroyed an Ashdown team that you struggled with all game until late in the 4th!

Mena destroyed a Fountain Lake team that Beat Nashville

Mena Beat Malvern by 2 TD's once and then in the playoffs by 3 TD's  a team that it took them to Miss a last second field goal or they beat you . 

You're ONLY real argument should be yall beat Arkadelphia , a team that Mena split with going 1-1 VS !   

Bottom line is,    lets POLL people with no ties to either school and see who thinks had the better regular season,  it isn't even that CLOSE , Mena all day!   

Enjoy your regular season win,   Mena will enjoy its state finals runner up Trophy!

Mena got mercy ruled in the finals. They got mercy ruled twice this season. Nashville never got mercy ruled and only lost two games all season. All you did in the playoffs was beat two teams that Nashville had already beaten and beat the 5th seed from 8-4A. Congratulations on getting a runner up trophy by mercy rule. I will take nashville's season any day.

Bigbossman

Nobody talks about who the runner up  of past games were EXCEPT that team and its fans. Footballer21 will talk about menas 2nd place finish for 38 years.

FootBallar21

nope but compared to a quarter final exit, I will take 2nd ANY DAY!   mark that down!

Hoophawg

Sorry guys but 44 was the heart and soul of Mena's team.  Without him and they were very average.

phdefense

Quote from: Bigbossman on December 15, 2014, 05:25:37 pm
Nobody talks about who the runner up  of past games were EXCEPT that team and its fans. Footballer21 will talk about menas 2nd place finish for 38 years.
I still talk about how Warren 2006 got ripped off. just say'n

Bigbossman

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 15, 2014, 06:11:19 pm
nope but compared to a quarter final exit, I will take 2nd ANY DAY!   mark that down!
l would to if I were a mena fan lol. I'd prob have t shirts made that said "mena, were not #1, and we want to tell you all about it."

Bigbossman

Doesn't ark. High & Nashville play in jr high?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas