• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Class 4A State Title Game. War Memorial Stadium. WARREN LUMBERJACKS vs MENA BEARCATS

Started by AirWarren, December 05, 2014, 09:44:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

B.S.

I'm not saying the Jack's ain't a good team, but you boys talk like you've dominated world recently. Pump the brakes a bit there hoss! This should be a great game.

AirWarren

You know nothing of warren. We respect every opponent.

Unless it's Monticello.

HeberFan

Quote from: B.S. on December 05, 2014, 11:36:39 pm
I'm not saying the Jack's ain't a good team, but you boys talk like you've dominated world recently. Pump the brakes a bit there hoss! This should be a great game.

The people who support the Jacks most in here tend to be teams who have played them. From what I have seen, their kids do not trash talk at all. They play with class and work hard.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: STUNNA on December 05, 2014, 11:36:13 pm
I am glad we don't have to play Dardanelle next weekend

I wish you did. I would like to do that again. Heck of a game.

Romeo

State championship game next Saturday is on the same day Warren won its second state title in 2002.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on December 05, 2014, 11:45:46 pm
State championship game next Saturday is on the same day Warren won its second state title in 2002.

You coming?

Romeo

Yeah, I'll have to show up for this one. State championship games are like the fair weather fan convention.

Bigbossman

I hate the AAA......why can they not get it through their thick, meaty, bald, wrinkled, liver spotted heads that the 4a game should always be played at night, HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL IS PLAYED AT NIGHT. Let 2a and 3a play that morning, play 5min quarters, never stop the clock, somebodys mom break out snack paks and store brand juice boxes and clear the field, so it can be readied for 4a. 6a/7a can play up in fayetville nobody really cares, and 5a they can play the following monday night at WMS and they can clean up the stadium from the 4a game the previous weekend.

Somebody get this made a permanent rule.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on December 06, 2014, 12:00:14 am
Yeah, I'll have to show up for this one. State championship games are like the fair weather fan convention.

Praying for great weather.

The Odds Maker

hawgfan15

This state championship game feels the Ozark/Stuttgart game a couple of years ago. Warren is the big favorite in this one for sure. Mena will have flashbacks of the Nashville game.

Congrats to both teams on making it this far.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on December 06, 2014, 12:00:14 am

True dat

FootBallar21

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 06, 2014, 02:35:27 am
This state championship game feels the Ozark/Stuttgart game a couple of years ago. Warren is the big favorite in this one for sure. Mena will have flashbacks of the Nashville game.

I can Assure you the only place Mena is an underdog, is from some people confused about the Bearcat team on here,  I can promise you when hootens comes out Monday night,  this will be a 4,5,6 point game in their books .        Warren Fans,  and some 7-4A fans,  mainly Nashville supporters still especially upset that Mena is still playing and they aren't , are the ones wanting to see a blow out . 

I am COMPLETELY shocked at the stupidity in this post from 70% of the people commenting ,  First Nashville supporters,  who cares about the Regular season game ,  weather our players would of made a difference or not,  bottom line is this team isn't playing like they did that night,    They just got done,  beating a VERY good Malvern team by 3 TD's  a team that took you to the wire for conference title a few weeks back and a missed field goal is the only thing that saved you in a 28-26 win.      but the BOTTOM LINE,  it was a regular season game that is over ,  move on,  I don't care anymore who would of or could of back then, its over,    you can say even if Mena's players would of played you still mercy rule Mena, go ahead, it doesn't matter,     what matters is Mena heads to Little Rock next week,  and you need to grow up stop cheering for Warren to get some kind of justification and move on to BASKETBALL SEASON!

Now onto some of these Score predictions and people who think Mena is lucky to be here and this isn't going to be a game next week,  ARE YOU KIDING ME?   What all season has Warren or Mena done that would show you this will be a Blow out!   Give me Anything,   

I doubt anyone can show me any common common opponents,    other than,  Nashville Vs Dardanelle,  Warren vs Dardanelle and then what Nashville did to Mena in it's worse game, without 3 Starters,    but we all know comparing scores is dumb and I could do the same,  and the 7-4A has proven it was clearly the best overall conference,  and conference that Mena is still in and still in the title game.   

Warren beat Star City by 25,  Mena beat them by 10.   If you want to tell me Warren by 14,  I could see that! possibility happening maybe

I could show that Stuttgart played Warren tough,  only losing 28-12,    the Same Stuttgart team that a week before was Destroyed 42-13 by Arkadelphia, a team Mena beat last week!   

or what if we compared the Dollarway Clinton Malvern scores,    Dollarway beat Warren  by 19,  then lost to Clinton by 1 point,  who then lost to Malvern by 23, points who lost to Mena for the 2nd time,  this time by 19 points,   
COMPARING SCORES IS DUMB,  but this would suggest Mena should be a 62 POINT FAVORITE Next week!   

Everyone talks about the teams they deemed the big 3 going into the playoffs,  Nashville Warren Dardanelle,   and that they were all on the same side of the bracket, but people forget the #1 seed from 8-4A dollarway was on Mena's side of the bracket, and mainly they forget Malvern barely lost on a missed field goal to Nashville at the end of regular season or they would of been conference champs,  and since week 6 of the regular season they have been playing as good or better football than anyone in 4A!   
They rolled Ashdown,  Fountain Lake,  beat Arkadelphia by 14,   destroyed Pea Ridge in the first round of the playoffs,  Then beat Clinton by 2 TD's!   
This Malvern team had it going on and was playing Great football.   MALVERN HAD SCORED 40 or MORE POINTS EVERY WEEK SINCE THEIR WEEK 6 GAME,   UNTIL THIS WEEK,  other than the 28-26 LOST to Nashville,     
Did anyone Notice Mena won 26-7,   and it was Defensive penalties over and over by Mena which lead to a very slow drive,  that Malvern finally scored on in this game.     

I would argue Mena's 3 TD win against a very good Malvern team was more impressive than Warren's 1 point win vs Dardanelle.   

Lastly in 2001,  I believe the last time Mena played Warren,  it was At Warren in my only playoff game.  We took a team that finished 6-5 and was very average at best to Warren, to play one of the Best teams in this classifications history,  a team loaded with D-1 Talent ,  and we lost 46-16.     This Mena team is 10 times better than that team I played on, and last I checked this Warren team doesn't have 4,5 guys going to University of Tennessee and up to play for the Razorbacks!   This Warren Team isn't undefeated beating everyone by 30 points all year,       But yet some of you believe the score next Saturday will be similar to the score that night,       You are either a complete homer,   have NO CLUE WHO you are playing next week,   or are a much more not nice word that I will save for later,   Because there is ZERO chance this is a 28 to 35 POINT GAME!    ZERO!

Mena 22
Warren 20

scrapiron51

LJ06

STUNNA

FootBallar21

Underdog88

As much as it hurts, I actually have to agree with footballar on most of that..

AirWarren

LJ06

I think Warren will win by a touchdown maybe two personally, but def don't see a blowout.

FootBallar21

Quote from: LJ06 on December 06, 2014, 09:06:21 am
I think Warren will win by a touchdown maybe two personally, but def don't see a blowout.

can't argue with that, Warren should be the favorite!   

STUNNA

Detcord

Preach on Footballar!!!!  No especially upset here.  Just tired of "grown men" running our kids in the ground when they have earned great deal of respect!  Nobody believed they would be where they are today except them, the coach's, and parents.  Last year, on Hamburgs field after our first round loss, #54 Hendricks told the team that he wasn't feeling like this again.  Said next year, we are going to the finals.  The team rallied around his words at that moment.  Have worked their tales off ever since!

STUNNA

Quote from: Detcord on December 06, 2014, 09:16:31 am
Preach on Footballar!!!!  No especially upset here.  Just tired of "grown men" running our kids in the ground when they have earned great deal of respect!  Nobody believed they would be where they are today except them, the coach's, and parents.  Last year, on Hamburgs field after our first round loss, #54 Hendricks told the team that he wasn't feeling like this again.  Said next year, we are going to the finals.  The team rallied around his words at that moment.  Have worked their tales off ever since!

If they win state they will get plenty of respect

FootBallar21

They have played like a team of destiny the past few weeks and have earned everything ,    It has been really special getting to watch this group of young men every week! 

AirWarren

Sounds like yall have a lot of heart.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2014, 09:25:48 am

Whoever has the most heart will win this game!!!!

FootBallar21

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2014, 09:27:53 am

lots of talent too,   and Great coaching,   you have both of those as well and should be a great game,   last night , Jackson Daughtery,  with his overall play,   big hits,  big runs , great catches,   Td's scored on Offense,   Pick 6 where you ran probably 150 yards back and forth making every Malvern player miss him,    later called back on a holding call,     Then took a weird Malvern punt that hit a Mena player,  he scoped it up and took it for another TD.    He proved he was the Most talented and clearly the best player on the field last night,   if he does that again Next week Mena will win! 

STUNNA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 06, 2014, 09:42:47 am
Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2014, 09:27:53 am

I'm sure Hembree will come up with a game plan to take him out of the game and make someone else try and hurt them..

lots of talent too,   and Great coaching,   you have both of those as well and should be a great game,   last night , Jackson Daughtery,  with his overall play,   big hits,  big runs , great catches,   Td's scored on Offense,   Pick 6 where you ran probably 150 yards back and forth making every Malvern player miss him,    later called back on a holding call,     Then took a weird Malvern punt that hit a Mena player,  he scoped it up and took it for another TD.    He proved he was the Most talented and clearly the best player on the field last night,   if he does that again Next week Mena will win!

SUGARTOWN

Let me be the first to say congrats to Warren on finally winning their 3rd state title. They appear to have luck on their side this year, no way they lose to Mena.

whippersnapper

I haven't watched any Warren playoff games but watching mena's last 3 I'd say Daugherty  is playing as good of high schoo  football as anyone. Really not just him. Everyone for mena is playing lights out. I this comes down to nerves. Mena hasn't been to War Memorial ever, players just gotta remember that field is the same size in Polk County and you only get 48 minutes left of football make it worth it.

STUNNA

FootBallar21

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2014, 10:07:26 am
To beat warren you have to attack north and south.. Not east and west

I believe a vertical pass down field resulted in Mena's first TD vs Malvern,  then a run up the middle by Jackson resulted in the final TD?
Yes Mena attacks East and West too, but they are far from limited to that!

STUNNA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 06, 2014, 10:44:06 am
Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2014, 10:07:26 am
To beat warren you have to attack north and south.. Not east and west

I believe a vertical pass down field resulted in Mena's first TD vs Malvern,  then a run up the middle by Jackson resulted in the final TD?
Yes Mena attacks East and West too, but they are far from limited to that!
Congrats.. The best team you have played all season will be warren

Detcord

The Coach

Sorry footballer21 but the 2 best teams in 4A this year played last night in Dardanelle. I've seen Mena multiple times and Warren is the better team. As Dardanelle would've been.

HawgBall06

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 06, 2014, 08:38:38 am
Warren: 100
Mena: 2

So you are calling for a Mena win, given how often you miss with your predictions.  How did nashville basketball do last night?

STUNNA

In the nashville/mena game did the scrappers dline own the Bearcats oline?

The Coach

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2014, 11:33:58 am
In the nashville/mena game did the scrappers dline own the Bearcats oline?

Yes

~WPS~

Yes. If I remember correctly Mena had less than 10 yards and no first downs at halftime.

STUNNA

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on December 06, 2014, 11:36:46 am
Yes. If I remember correctly Mena had less than 10 yards and no first downs at halftime.

I had a feeling they did.. Lol

LJ06

Bigbossman

Quote from: FootBallar21 on December 06, 2014, 08:35:44 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 06, 2014, 02:35:27 am

I can Assure you the only place Mena is an underdog, is from some people confused about the Bearcat team on here,  I can promise you when hootens comes out Monday night,  this will be a 4,5,6 point game in their books .        Warren Fans,  and some 7-4A fans,  mainly Nashville supporters still especially upset that Mena is still playing and they aren't , are the ones wanting to see a blow out . 

I am COMPLETELY shocked at the stupidity in this post from 70% of the people commenting ,  First Nashville supporters,  who cares about the Regular season game ,  weather our players would of made a difference or not,  bottom line is this team isn't playing like they did that night,    They just got done,  beating a VERY good Malvern team by 3 TD's  a team that took you to the wire for conference title a few weeks back and a missed field goal is the only thing that saved you in a 28-26 win.      but the BOTTOM LINE,  it was a regular season game that is over ,  move on,  I don't care anymore who would of or could of back then, its over,    you can say even if Mena's players would of played you still mercy rule Mena, go ahead, it doesn't matter,     what matters is Mena heads to Little Rock next week,  and you need to grow up stop cheering for Warren to get some kind of justification and move on to BASKETBALL SEASON!

Now onto some of these Score predictions and people who think Mena is lucky to be here and this isn't going to be a game next week,  ARE YOU KIDING ME?   What all season has Warren or Mena done that would show you this will be a Blow out!   Give me Anything,   

I doubt anyone can show me any common common opponents,    other than,  Nashville Vs Dardanelle,  Warren vs Dardanelle and then what Nashville did to Mena in it's worse game, without 3 Starters,    but we all know comparing scores is dumb and I could do the same,  and the 7-4A has proven it was clearly the best overall conference,  and conference that Mena is still in and still in the title game.   

Warren beat Star City by 25,  Mena beat them by 10.   If you want to tell me Warren by 14,  I could see that! possibility happening maybe

I could show that Stuttgart played Warren tough,  only losing 28-12,    the Same Stuttgart team that a week before was Destroyed 42-13 by Arkadelphia, a team Mena beat last week!   

or what if we compared the Dollarway Clinton Malvern scores,    Dollarway beat Warren  by 19,  then lost to Clinton by 1 point,  who then lost to Malvern by 23, points who lost to Mena for the 2nd time,  this time by 19 points,   
COMPARING SCORES IS DUMB,  but this would suggest Mena should be a 62 POINT FAVORITE Next week!   

Everyone talks about the teams they deemed the big 3 going into the playoffs,  Nashville Warren Dardanelle,   and that they were all on the same side of the bracket, but people forget the #1 seed from 8-4A dollarway was on Mena's side of the bracket, and mainly they forget Malvern barely lost on a missed field goal to Nashville at the end of regular season or they would of been conference champs,  and since week 6 of the regular season they have been playing as good or better football than anyone in 4A!   
They rolled Ashdown,  Fountain Lake,  beat Arkadelphia by 14,   destroyed Pea Ridge in the first round of the playoffs,  Then beat Clinton by 2 TD's!   
This Malvern team had it going on and was playing Great football.   MALVERN HAD SCORED 40 or MORE POINTS EVERY WEEK SINCE THEIR WEEK 6 GAME,   UNTIL THIS WEEK,  other than the 28-26 LOST to Nashville,     
Did anyone Notice Mena won 26-7,   and it was Defensive penalties over and over by Mena which lead to a very slow drive,  that Malvern finally scored on in this game.     

I would argue Mena's 3 TD win against a very good Malvern team was more impressive than Warren's 1 point win vs Dardanelle.   

Lastly in 2001,  I believe the last time Mena played Warren,  it was At Warren in my only playoff game.  We took a team that finished 6-5 and was very average at best to Warren, to play one of the Best teams in this classifications history,  a team loaded with D-1 Talent ,  and we lost 46-16.     This Mena team is 10 times better than that team I played on, and last I checked this Warren team doesn't have 4,5 guys going to University of Tennessee and up to play for the Razorbacks!   This Warren Team isn't undefeated beating everyone by 30 points all year,       But yet some of you believe the score next Saturday will be similar to the score that night,       You are either a complete homer,   have NO CLUE WHO you are playing next week,   or are a much more not nice word that I will save for later,   Because there is ZERO chance this is a 28 to 35 POINT GAME!    ZERO!

Mena 22
Warren 20
please resubmit your post in chapter form.

B.S.

Help me out here boy's. I'm just trying to figure out where all this confidence is coming from in the Jack's ability to finish in the "Big One"? Seems to me this is the game that ole Bo has the most trouble with. Just from the outside looking in, it appears Bo has done Less with More than any other coach in the state over the past Decade or so. With the kind of athletes ya'll have had in the recent past you would think you would have had 4 or 5 Titles in that time period. So what's the problem? Sounds to me like Bo and Buck James might be brothers! They definitely have similar records and have had similar talent advantages over the competition they have faced. What do you guys think the problem is? Sounds like we have the same situation again this year with the talent advantage again with the Jack's facing a much slower, less talented team in Mena. What is giving you so much confidence that the outcome will be any different than the recent past?

iliveformarch

Quote from: B.S. on December 06, 2014, 01:25:30 pm
Help me out here boy's. I'm just trying to figure out where all this confidence is coming from in the Jack's ability to finish in the "Big One"? Seems to me this is the game that ole Bo has the most trouble with. Just from the outside looking in, it appears Bo has done Less with More than any other coach in the state over the past Decade or so. With the kind of athletes ya'll have had in the recent past you would think you would have had 4 or 5 Titles in that time period. So what's the problem? Sounds to me like Bo and Buck James might be brothers! They definitely have similar records and have had similar talent advantages over the competition they have faced. What do you guys think the problem is? Sounds like we have the same situation again this year with the talent advantage again with the Jack's facing a much slower, less talented team in Mena. What is giving you so much confidence that the outcome will be any different than the recent past?

Bingo.... It must have been so hard.... Ok, do we throw it to Childs, Gragg, or Wright.... Such a tough choice.... Oh wait all 3 work.

STUNNA

Quote from: iliveformarch on December 06, 2014, 01:28:46 pm

Bingo.... It must have been so hard.... Ok, do we throw it to Childs, Gragg, or Wright.... Such a tough choice.... Oh wait all 3 work.
Doesn't matternwhat kind of skill guys you have if you don't have time to throw it

LJ06

Quote from: STUNNA on December 06, 2014, 01:39:10 pm
Quote from: iliveformarch on December 06, 2014, 01:28:46 pm

Doesn't matternwhat kind of skill guys you have if you don't have time to throw it

Oh but the people who think they know football but actually don't think your so wrong

~WPS~

My final thoughts on this game. If Warren lines up and shows it's more physical than Mena and runs the ball with Cox and Brown then they win. If they get pass happy then I wouldn't be surprised to see Mena hang close and pull it off.

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas