• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offseason@Nashville

Started by scrapiron51, November 30, 2014, 02:25:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapiron51

What will it take for Nashville to finally get over the quarterfinal hump? What does Nashville need to do to improve on different weaknesses and what position groups need to step up?

~WPS~

November 30, 2014, 02:29:45 pm #1 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:32:00 pm by Ballplayer1
Offensive line. It's been the weakness for 4 years. It was better this year but still not good enough. It really showed Friday night.

scrapiron51

I can see that. I think we are starting to get size back, but going to have to build on last offseason's growth. Another good year in the weight room I think Ogden, Thurman, Adcock, and Thomas could be monsters up front.

~WPS~

I agree. We've been on a down cycle for line size but it's getting better.

scrapiron51

They'll need to also improve on flexibility and quickness. Would love to see Ogden get up to a solid 300 pounds with some quickness. Do you know of any freshmen coming up that will get some playing time?

~WPS~

Seems like there's one that I thought was pretty good but I don't know his name. The second year and first full year in the new offseason program will be good for the team.

FootBallar21

try to become as good as Mena ?

~WPS~

FootBallar21

Mena undefeated this season when best player plays the whole game!

~WPS~

FootBallar21

Mena destroyed Fountain Lake a team that beat you ,  when your best player was playing ,  Mena beat Malvern by 14,  a team you were lucky to beat,   Mena destroyed Ashdown another team you struggled with,    But most importantly Mena is still playing while Nashville starts basketball good luck with that!

~WPS~

That player must be something special because the rest of the team is terrible.

scrapiron51

Lol @ you. Mena was not as good as Nashville at any point in the season. Just be glad we weren't on the same side of the bracket.

polksalet

The 6-7 grade classes lost one game combined this year. I've never seen kids like that. And there are a couple in the 5th that are elite. We might have a pair of 6-6 wrs starting in 5 years.

Now that's some deep scouting right there. 

hawgfan15

Lol nashville beats Mena 49-7 next year. Enjoy this year because it's going to be a rough couple of seasons coming up for Mena.

But if you want to talk about this year, 35-7

intruder

Footballer, is the best player you or your boy?

intruder

When was the last time Mena beat Nashville in football at any age group? Track? Basketball? Golf? Maybe baseball?

FootBallar21

Quote from: intruder on November 30, 2014, 09:56:14 pm
When was the last time Mena beat Nashville in football at any age group? Track? Basketball? Golf? Maybe baseball?

one of the last times I played them,   2000 9th Grade Jr. High we went to the hill and beat Nashville!     

FootBallar21

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 30, 2014, 03:30:57 pm
Lol @ you. Mena was not as good as Nashville at any point in the season. Just be glad we weren't on the same side of the bracket.

I Believe vs,  Fountain Lake,  Ashdown, Malvern, ,   Mena was and did perform much better than Nashville against those opponents,    it is not my fault that Mena's best player never stepped on the field in the Nashville game so we don't know,  you have to go on common games and who is still left in the playoffs,   

Both teams beat Arkadelphia ,   
Mena beat Malvern by 14,  Nashville needed them to miss a last second field goal to escape with a win
Mena dominated Ashdown,   Nashville struggled most of the game with them,  pulling away late
Mena dominated and won big vs Fountain Lake,  Nashville lost to Fountain Lake!   
Mena is still in the playoffs,  Nashville is out,

You tell me which team has had the better season ! 

STUNNA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on November 30, 2014, 10:05:11 pm
Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 30, 2014, 03:30:57 pm

I Believe vs,  Fountain Lake,  Ashdown, Malvern, ,   Mena was and did perform much better than Nashville against those opponents,    it is not my fault that Mena's best player never stepped on the field in the Nashville game so we don't know,  you have to go on common games and who is still left in the playoffs,   

Both teams beat Arkadelphia ,   
Mena beat Malvern by 14,  Nashville needed them to miss a last second field goal to escape with a win
Mena dominated Ashdown,   Nashville struggled most of the game with them,  pulling away late
Mena dominated and won big vs Fountain Lake,  Nashville lost to Fountain Lake!   
Mena is still in the playoffs,  Nashville is out,

You tell me which team has had the better season !

Comparing scores is bad.. And they beat you guys 35-7

intruder

I didn't ask who had the better season, simply asked when you beat us at anything, your answer was 14 years ago

intruder

You answered my last, but not my first question

scrapiron51

Nashville has had a better season than Mena. We beat Mena 35-7 and won the conference championship. Y'all just made it one more round in the playoffs.

~WPS~

And got there by beating a team you lost to before and that we beat worse.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 30, 2014, 10:26:33 pm
Nashville has had a better season than Mena. We beat Mena 35-7 and won the conference championship. Y'all just made it one more round in the playoffs.
So if Mena wins it all will y'all claim the title since you beat them? That sounds like your rationale. Lol

scrapiron51

November 30, 2014, 10:33:25 pm #25 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:36:35 pm by scrapiron51

intruder

scrapiron51

FootBallar21

35-7 without Mena's best player,   would of been a totally different game!   

phdefense

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 30, 2014, 10:33:17 pm
Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 30, 2014, 10:26:33 pm
So if Mena wins it all will y'all claim the title since you beat them? That sounds like your rationale. Lol
Ring up another "paper championship" for the scrappers.

HeadBussa08

in the scrapdawgs defense parity in 4a has been extremely high this year along with the past few years. Ran into a great team in Dardanelle. they will be fine. only 1 team gets a title.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 01, 2014, 01:47:35 am
in the scrapdawgs defense parity in 4a has been extremely high this year along with the past few years. Ran into a great team in Dardanelle. they will be fine. only 1 team gets a title.
Yep, and it hasn't been Nashville for quite a while. And probably won't be again anytime soon.

scrapiron51

Do you not have an offseason board?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapiron51 on December 01, 2014, 06:52:20 am
Do you not have an offseason board?
But I'm talking about Nashville, so of course I'm going to talk about them on a Nashville thread. I don't want to be accused of derailing anything...

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 01, 2014, 06:10:11 am
Quote from: HeadBussa08 on December 01, 2014, 01:47:35 am
Yep, and it hasn't been Nashville for quite a while. And probably won't be again anytime soon.

2007 isn't that long ago lol The only 4A teams to win one since are Shiloh and Stuttgart.

When the appropriate time comes to talk about next season you and others will see that Nashville will probably be the favorite to win it all next year. The Scrappers return a lot on both sides of the ball.

cuckoobird

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 10:21:48 am
Lineman? Pettway?

3 of the 5 starting offensive linemen are back. The top two backups are back.

2 of the 3 starting defensive linemen are back. The top three backups are back.

Pettway will be missed but #10 Armstrong and #14 Hughes are more than capable of caring the load. They both scored long TD's last Friday night. We have a nice group of freshmen skill players moving up including Ty Pettway.

Snell will be in his second full season as the QB. A long offseason to improve his mechanics and to better understand the offense.

The RB Hopkins will really blow up next season IMO. He will have a huge junior season.

cuckoobird

Pettway will be missed most on defense imo how many gave saving/winning ints did he have?

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 10:36:35 am
Pettway will be missed most on defense imo how many gave saving/winning ints did he have?

No way... You didn't watch the same Pettway I did this season.  Yes he made some plays in the passing game but was a liability as a tackler. He was much better on offense (when he got the ball).

To answer your question though he won the Arkadelphia game with two pick 6's. That's it

scrapiron51

Do y'all know when post season honors come out?

cuckoobird

I was thinking he had one against malvern too but im probably wrong

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 10:45:34 am
I was thinking he had one against malvern too but im probably wrong

Na the way that game played out Billy Stewart blocked a FG to close out the game.

cuckoobird

But did he have one in the 4th before that?

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 10:53:31 am
But did he have one in the 4th before that?

Not that I can remember and I was there lol

cuckoobird

Ok. Told you i was probably wrong

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 10:57:00 am

We all are from time to time even if we don't admit it lol

I will be shocked if he plays safety in college. I think people/fans are in love with the idea of having a 6'3 205 4.5 safety but when you watch him play you will see a talented WR playing defense in 4A Arkansas football. You have to have your best athletes on the field in high school.

If you see Pettway in person he looks like a WR not a safety.

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 01, 2014, 11:03:29 am

I will be shocked if he plays safety in college. I think people/fans are in love with the idea of having a 6'3 205 4.5 safety but when you watch him play you will see a talented WR playing defense in 4A Arkansas football. You have to have your best athletes on the field in high school.

We need him at WR. I hope he pans out because he is the type of size and speed we need on the edge. I also hope KJ stays committed because we need his type of separation acceleration too.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 11:04:48 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 01, 2014, 11:03:29 am

We need him at WR. I hope he pans out because he is the type of size and speed we need on the edge. I also hope KJ stays committed because we need his type of separation acceleration too.

I agree completely. Pettway has the potential to be a very good possession WR and red zone target. He has enough speed to get behind a defense for a deep ball. He reminds me of Greg Childs actually. He is also a very thin 205 right now. He will be 220 in no time in Herbert's weight program.

AirWarren

I was watching the Lizard/Scrapper game and he did remind me of Greg. Same type of frame and speed. I am hoping BB turns him into a Nick Toon type of WR size wise and have KJ turn into a Jared Abbrederis type WR for speed, possession, and ability to break off from defensive coverage.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on December 01, 2014, 11:13:17 am
I was watching the Lizard/Scrapper game and he did remind me of Greg. Same type of frame and speed. I am hoping BB turns him into a Nick Toon type of WR size wise and have KJ turn into a Jared Abbrederis type WR for speed, possession, and ability to break off from defensive coverage.

I am hoping so too. KJ will be a difference maker from the moment he steps on campus. I think Pettway will need a little more time to adjust to the college game. The coaching and competition he will get in practice will make him a much better WR. He has a high ceiling a lot like Childs did.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas