• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semifinals 2014- Warren at Dardanelle

Started by AirWarren, November 28, 2014, 09:50:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 29, 2014, 12:57:56 pm
Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on November 29, 2014, 11:49:20 am
Dardnelle played there toughest team this year so far and it was Hamburg, they will now face there next toughest team when they meet the Jacks. No disrespect to Datdnelle but I do not see them having an answer for the Jacks. The Jacks are on a mission and Dardy is in the way. Jacks roll and win with another statement......Jacks 42.....Dardy 21

You've obviously lost your mind...it'll be closer than that, regardless of who wins...but I'm thinking Sand Lizards.
Thats the same thing Nashville said to ole Raz when I predicted Dardy to put a curb stomping on them. Like I said no disrespect. I watched the film and Dardy has a great team and has had a great year, the Jacks are just gona bring something that Dardy has never seen all season. Raz stands firm. Jacks win big.

AirWarren

November 29, 2014, 07:47:27 pm #51 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:49:19 pm by AirWarren
Let em talk jack fans.

We are 10-3. No good. Can't compete.

Let them be message board kings this week. Dust will be settled late Friday night.

Redrock

I am going to tell you warren people the same thing I told the Nashville folks. That mouthing is going to bite you in the rear end. Just ask them and Pottsville. It's one thing to talk all that and another to be all that. You don't if your all that until you play.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2014, 07:47:27 pm
Let em talk jack fans.

We are 10-3. No good. Can't compete.

Let them be message board kings this week. Dust will be settled late Friday night.

Yep, look at all Lizard fans who've posted on this thread.  ::) We sure are the message board kings.

AirWarren

Quote from: Redrock on November 29, 2014, 07:51:45 pm
I am going to tell you warren people the same thing I told the Nashville folks. That mouthing is going to bite you in the rear end. Just ask them and Pottsville. It's one thing to talk all that and another to be all that. You don't if your all that until you play.

Who is mouthing from Warren?

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

It's just a predition friend. No harm intended.

The Coach

For the record NO Dardanelle poster has said anything.

This will be a very good game between 2 very good teams!!!

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2014, 08:00:50 pm
Quote from: Redrock on November 29, 2014, 07:51:45 pm

Who is mouthing from Warren?

Who is mouthing from Dardanelle?

LJ06

Nobody is going to roll anybody in this game. Will more than likely be Dardanelles closest game of the year win or lose. Both teams can win and it is really a toss up. Both teams feature great offenses and defenses. I've seen both teams play and either one can win and anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. This is probably going to be the best offense Dardanelle has faced to date and will be one of the better defenses Warren has faced to date.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: LJ06 on November 29, 2014, 08:09:13 pm
Nobody is going to roll anybody in this game. Will more than likely be Dardanelles closest game of the year win or lose. Both teams can win and it is really a toss up. Both teams feature great offenses and defenses. I've seen both teams play and either one can win and anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. This is probably going to be the best offense Dardanelle has faced to date and will be one of the better defenses Warren has faced to date.

Agreed.

Superjack45

November 29, 2014, 08:23:40 pm #60 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:26:38 pm by Superjack45
Quote from: LJ06 on November 29, 2014, 08:09:13 pm
I agree with you on that I just got finished looking at the Dard and Nash game looks like Nashville wasn't clicking at all,the QB passes weren't thrown well the passes were thrown short of the receivers and the RB is not as physical as Cox or Broughton but that's just my opinion though.Dards DL looks to be pretty good and DB's look pretty good but they keyed on LP all night but that's why the game is played.

SUGARTOWN

What's the one thing Dardanelle does well on offense?
What's the one thing that has always given Warren problems?

P.S. I know the answer...just something to think about. Nobody will blow out anybody in this game.

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 29, 2014, 08:25:14 pm

P.S. I know the answer...just something to think about. Nobody will blow out anybody in this game.
You are right but it looked like the defense of Nashville didn't hit the little RB every time he came around,regardless if he got the ball or not I would take him out of the picture and then  you can just try and concentrate on the QB,which everybody has tried to do and failed but I just hope we have a plan in place to slow him down.

LJ06

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 29, 2014, 08:25:14 pm

Power running teams with shifty QBs

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

November 29, 2014, 08:36:01 pm #64 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:38:47 pm by RAZORBACK FOOTBALL
I've been wrong before but yal give ole Raz some credit when the Jacks throw 42 points on the board and hey if it's way off il will eat my crow like a champ.

Redrock

I havnt ever seen any dardanelle mouthing.  Should be a good game. I can't make it to the game. Wish I could.

AirWarren

Quote from: mr.b@sc on November 29, 2014, 09:09:59 pm
warren by 21

We are 10-3. No good. No one that has lost 3 games can win against an undefeated team.

beach bum

November 29, 2014, 09:33:53 pm #68 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:35:46 pm by beach bum
Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2014, 09:28:35 pm
warren by 21

We are 10-3. No good. No one that has lost 3 games can win against an undefeated team.

But Danville, Booneville, and Clarksville could run straight through Pulaski Academy and Ft Smith Southside  ;D.... that being said this game should be tight. My assessment is these are 16 and 17 year olds playing this game. I know Dardanelle is incredible this year but those kids remember 48-14 to end their season last year. Dardanelles players will have doubts in their minds no matter how tough they are. Not everyone is mentally tough as Tom Brady. Thats why I give the edge to Warren. I think Warren jumps out early and barely holds on. I understand Dardanelle will use that as motivation but human nature has to kick in and question 48-14...

LJ06

Quote from: beach bum on November 29, 2014, 09:33:53 pm
warren by 21

But Danville, Booneville, and Clarksville could run straight through Pulaski Academy and Ft Smith Southside  ;D.... that being said this game should be tight. My assessment is these are 16 and 17 year olds playing this game. I know Dardanelle is incredible this year but those kids remember 48-14 to end their season last year. Dardanelles players will have doubts in their minds no matter how tough they are. Thats why I give the edge to Warren. I think Warren jumps out early and barely holds on.

Like I've said feels a lot like the Warren/Arky game last year. Warren jumped out on the favorite Arky early and hung on at the end.

AirWarren

This week is going to be a week of sitting back reading and smiling.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2014, 09:55:11 pm
This week is going to be a week of sitting back reading and smiling.
Oh, I'm sure you'll be posting.

scrapiron51

Warren will win this game, no doubt. Not just saying that because Dardy beat us, saying it because I believe Warren is the best team still alive.

The Coach

November 29, 2014, 10:17:19 pm #73 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:19:01 pm by The Coach
Quote from: scrapiron51 on November 29, 2014, 10:07:53 pm
Warren will win this game, no doubt. Not just saying that because Dardy beat us, saying it because I believe Warren is the best team still alive.

Or it's because Dardanelle whipped Nashville when you and others said in no way shape or form could that happen. Especially in Nashville.

Warren and Dardanelle are both better then Nashville.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: The Coach on November 29, 2014, 10:17:19 pm

Or it's because Dardanelle whipped Nashville when you and others said in no way shape or form could that happen. Especially in Nashville.

Warren and Dardanelle are both better then Nashville.
^^^ This is true.

Romeo

There's a lot about this game that worries me. Dardanelle's secondary did a great job defending Nashville's receivers. Warren will face a tough test in the secondary because Dardanelle has athletes that could be able to contain our passing game.

As I mentioned before, they look similar to the 2012 Stuttgart team, except Dardanelle probably has a better QB. In the few games I watched Thompson last year, he seemed to lack lateral quickness. He looks a lot faster than he did last season and he runs like a bull. The way he runs reminds me of Allen Gator Ray, the fullback who played for Booneville in the late nineties.

We haven't done well against teams that are more physical. Not only can they run, they can also pass well. Witt and Kershner are playmakers that can take it to the house at any time. Of course, the rain could also play a factor. We just don't play well in it. Never have. The constant reputation about Warren is that were loaded with athletes but lack discipline, discipline as in penalties. Despite our success, false start penalties have been our Achilles heel. Along with that, we've dealt with bad snaps all season. We can't afford to make mistakes against Dardanelle.

Redrock

That's good stuff. Dardanelle cannot afford to make mistakes either. This should be an awesome game. High school football at its best

STUNNA

iivydriff

Warren gets beat by Dollarway they get beat by Clinton and then Malvern beats Clinton.  Nashville beat Malvern but Dardanelle handles nashville. I think it will be Malvern and Dardanelle for the championship. Warren has had it easy post season till this week. I think they start basket ball after friday night.

LJ06

Quote from: iivydriff on November 30, 2014, 03:24:24 am
Warren gets beat by Dollarway they get beat by Clinton and then Malvern beats Clinton.  Nashville beat Malvern but Dardanelle handles nashville. I think it will be Malvern and Dardanelle for the championship. Warren has had it easy post season till this week. I think they start basket ball after friday night.

That's not a wise strategy

D-TOWN LIZARD

November 30, 2014, 09:02:05 am #80 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:29:28 am by D-TOWN LIZARD
Thompson played 5 games last year after breaking both forearm bones in Week 2.  He came back in week 10 so considering him being out for 8 weeks, that might be the reason he didn't look then like he does now.  These are two great teams and it will be a great game.  Hoping for safe travels for all warren fans, players and coaches.  Lizard fans welcome you!  We really aren't as bad as people have made us out to be!!!!! ;)

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: LJ06 on November 29, 2014, 09:36:26 pm
warren by 21

But Danville, Booneville, and Clarksville could run straight through Pulaski Academy and Ft Smith Southside  ;D.... that being said this game should be tight. My assessment is these are 16 and 17 year olds playing this game. I know Dardanelle is incredible this year but those kids remember 48-14 to end their season last year. Dardanelles players will have doubts in their minds no matter how tough they are. Thats why I give the edge to Warren. I think Warren jumps out early and barely holds on.

Like I've said feels a lot like the Warren/Arky game last year. Warren jumped out on the favorite Arky early and hung on at the end.
Hey BB, it was 48-13
Warren jumped out on Arky and it would have been a three score game if Coach Eldridge hadn't complained all night about that botched fake punt where he thought he should have gotten a pass interference call, then the make up call came late when Newton crushed Oliver close to the sideline and got flagged for hitting out of bounds. That penalty gave the Badgers life but if the play hadn't been penalized it was over for the Badgers at that point. That's how I saw the game's events anyway.

TreeCityCilla

No Doubt huh?? 13-0 Dardy still doesnt get enough cred. They curbed stomped Nashville the score looked alot closer then the actual game. I dont know if the LumberJacks have realized it or not but Dardy is the real deal this year & thinking that Warren will go into Yell County on Keenan Field and just whoop up on the Lizards blows my mind!! #11 is the real deal i repeat the real deal, arm tackling will not get the job done. He is a man amongst boys. Im not even from dardanelle but still realize they are something serious along with warren. Not saying this wont be a close game both these teams are very salty, but for some of these people saying its a blowout is funny to me.  ;D ;D ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: iivydriff on November 30, 2014, 03:24:24 am

Hey mommy, don't you have some updating to you little tikes stat book?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Not going to rain on Dardy's parade, 13-0 is impressive this time of year, hard to go undefeated.
That being said, Warren got over a huge hump by finally getting the win over Shiloh at Shiloh. That has given the Jacks some confidence. Hamburg didn't move the ball on us until we subbed. The Lions moved the ball fairly easily against the Lizards all night it seemed.
Everybody keeps saying we've had an easy run thru the playoffs, but if the games had been closer(us being less prepared) would it be said that we had played tough games? Not implying the Lizard weren't prepared either, just saying that Warren has crushed teams and none of the 4 teams left can say that.
Last hurdle for us to get over is to go win in the rain. Good luck to the Sand Lizards.

phdefense

Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on November 30, 2014, 09:02:05 am
Thompson played 5 games last year after breaking both forearm bones in Week 2.  He came back in week 10 so considering him being out for 8 weeks, that might be the reason he didn't look then like he does now.  These are two great teams and it will be a great game.  Hoping for safe travels for all warren fans, players and coaches.  Lizard fans welcome you!  We really aren't as bad as people have made us out to be!!!!! ;)
Everyone is welcome. Except the Warren the radio guys! Forget them!

SandRattler

warren by 21

But Danville, Booneville, and Clarksville could run straight through Pulaski Academy and Ft Smith Southside  ;D.... that being said this game should be tight. My assessment is these are 16 and 17 year olds playing this game. I know Dardanelle is incredible this year but those kids remember 48-14 to end their season last year. Dardanelles players will have doubts in their minds no matter how tough they are. Not everyone is mentally tough as Tom Brady. Thats why I give the edge to Warren. I think Warren jumps out early and barely holds on. I understand Dardanelle will use that as motivation but human nature has to kick in and question 48-14...
Beach Bum your thoughts might have been correct except for our Booneville game this year. Last year Booneville shut us out in regular season by a much bigger margin than Warren did last year. Our boys came back this year and shut Bonneville out. We may win or we may lose but something like your suggesting doesn't seem to bother our boys. I think it will be a tough game for both teams.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: phdefense on November 30, 2014, 10:29:56 am
Quote from: D-TOWN LIZARD on November 30, 2014, 09:02:05 am
Everyone is welcome. Except the Warren the radio guys! Forget them!
they are welcome too!!!! Just can't promise them a seat in the pressbox!!!!!  ;D

The Coach

November 30, 2014, 11:04:24 am #88 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:30:10 am by The Coach
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 30, 2014, 10:21:57 am
Hamburg didn't move the ball on us until we subbed. The Lions moved the ball fairly easily against the Lizards all night it seemed.

Hamburg had 2 big plays vs Dardanelle and that was 90% of their offense for the night. They didn't move the ball easily at all. Warren knocking out Savage then Miller  helped their cause. Dardanelle had Savage on the ropes but he stuck with it and played well.

Besides comparing past games like someone else said is bad!! Cause Hamburg almost beat the same $way team that beat Warren etc etc etc you can go on and on with that junk.

HeberFan

Warren has much better athletes than Dardanelle. Jacks win this going away

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: HeberFan on November 30, 2014, 11:33:57 am

Whatever...

TreeCityCilla

Quote from: HeberFan on November 30, 2014, 11:33:57 am
just like nashville had better athletes then dardanelle and how did that end up?

~WPS~

I'm going with Dardanelle by 7. The physicality they play with is something else. And anyone that says speed will beat Dardanelle obviously doesn't know much about them. I'll be surprised if Dardanelle doesn't win it all.

intruder

Now doggonit treechilla, you did curb stomp the Scrappers, but how was the score closer than the game? The game got out of reach after the missed extra point and you scored a meaningless touchdown with a couple of minutes left. I agree we had our teeth kicked in but you were in a battle for 3-1/2 quarters. You scored just over a touchdown per quarter we scored just under a touchdown per quarter. With all that said, read my first sentence

HeberFan

Dardanelle fans sound a lot like Batesville fans did two weeks ago -- full of false confidence without soberly assessing the upcoming game. You have to realize that Warren has not needed its first-string in the second halves of any playoff game this year. Dardanelle has had a great season, but it ends by halftime Friday night.

beach bum

By halftime.. Im picking Warren but you should buy a lotto ticket if that prediction is right. Dardanelle is 13-0 for a reason.

HeberFan

Dardanelle would have lost to Warren, Dollaway and Star City if they played in the 8-4A conference.

beach bum

Dollarway did lose to Clinton.. That still shocks me. Not really though. Dollarway chokes every year. Ive talked to someone who went to Dardanelle vs. Hamburg then Warren last week. They said Warren should be favored but its winnable for Dardanelle though. I wish I could catch this one.

mr.b@sc

Dardanelle had a great season but after friday they will be 13-1....

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on November 30, 2014, 01:15:35 pm
Dollarway did lose to Clinton.. That still shocks me. Not really though. Dollarway chokes every year.
It's not so much that they choke, they're just not as good in the playoffs when they don't get to pick their own refs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas