• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semifinals 2014- Warren at Dardanelle

Started by AirWarren, November 28, 2014, 09:50:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Rematch from last year. Early round of playoffs.

Get it started!!!!!!

LJ06

Warren took care of Dardanelle in the 2nd round last year 48-13.  The Sand Lizards are much improved and will be looking for revenge.  They may be the favorites for this game sitting at a 13-0 record.  Warren will have their hands full for sure.

LJ06

Also Warren coach Bo Hembree will be looking for his 150th win at Warren Friday night.

heavyhittaz_7

This is going to be a great game two teams thats hungry to get to WM.

WPWells

Big Fan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 28, 2014, 10:01:11 pm
12th Man has Dardanelle by 7
Have to wonder about a guy who refers to himself in the 3rd person. 

STUNNA

Quote from: LJ06 on November 28, 2014, 09:55:41 pm
Also Warren coach Bo Hembree will be looking for his 150th win at Warren Friday night.

Very impressive... Would like to see a list of coaches that have got to 150 wins in less than 15 years

AirWarren

shiloh forever

Dardanelle has made it a round farther than  I thought but Warren looked not good, but awesome tonight. Warren by 10.

Romeo

The more I watched Dardanelle tonight the more they reminded me of Stuttgart from 2012. One thing is for sure, were going to have to put a lot of emphasis on tackling in practice next week.

NoRetreat

I don't think Dardanelle  runs the ball well enough to beat Warren. .I surely don't think they can beat them by passing

LJ06

Game sets up a lot like the Warren/Arkadelphia game last year except Warren will be on the road.

whippersnapper

Quote from: Romeo on November 28, 2014, 10:32:58 pm
The more I watched Dardanelle tonight the more they reminded me of Stuttgart from 2012. One thing is for sure, were going to have to put a lot of emphasis on tackling in practice next week.
I've been wanting to say this all year but have been hesitant too. Stuttgart had some monsters on the line that year. But no doubt Thompson is similar to Brown. Actually a little better I think.

AirWarren

SUGARTOWN

November 28, 2014, 10:57:30 pm #14 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:59:14 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: whippersnapper on November 28, 2014, 10:47:22 pm
Quote from: Romeo on November 28, 2014, 10:32:58 pm
I've been wanting to say this all year but have been hesitant too. Stuttgart had some monsters on the line that year. But no doubt Thompson is similar to Brown. Actually a little better I think.
I've said that for most of the season. They remind me a lot of the Ricebirds of 2012. Thompson and Brown are similar in their skill sets. But Thompson is a stronger and faster IMO.

I think Dardanelle can definitely run well enough to score on Warren, but Warren's offense is better than Nashville's. Dardanelle will have to get some pressure on Gorman and force him into some bad decisions. Warren's had 3 easy games so far, it will be interesting to see how they react if they don't/can't jump out to an early lead.

Jacketman65

Quote from: LJ06 on November 28, 2014, 09:55:41 pm
Might have to wait until next year to get it though.

bulldoghistorian

Warren has looked unstoppable so far this postseason.
I was able to listen to the first half of the Shiloh game.
Warren had its way as I expected.
I haven't seen Dardanelle play this season.
But, this game could be Dardanelle's closest game all season long.
I think Warren comes out on top.

bulldoghistorian

Superjack45

I am just going to say this,the game has got to be played Friday night let the talkers talk and the Jacks will be prepared for a long fight Friday night.

CounterPunch

Warren takes care of business. Will be a good one though

unbiased05

I have to go with Dardanelle by 3. Should be a hard fought game.

b.r.93

LJ06

This is a game that can definitely go either way.

Mulerider

The Dardanelle offensive game plan is puzzling.  I watched closely as they confused the Nashville defense into believing they were inept for much of the first half.  I even saw someone say that they were in a physical mismatch against Nashville.  I'm not sure that they even had positive yards after quarter one and in the first quarter it looked like Dardanelle would never get anything going on offense.  With that said...

Here is what Dardanelle did:

Bad read, penalty, negative play, go 50 yards.

No gain, lose yardage, penalty, go 50 yards.

Lose yardage, penalty, no gain, go 50 yards.

No gain, penalty, bad read, go 50 yards.

Talk about big play city. If they could ever get out of their on way they would be ridiculously dangerous (even with this they are dangerous).  They are super impressive about every 3rd or 4th play.  I don't quite remember seeing a game where an offense shot itself in the foot as much as Dardanelle did with bad reads, penalties and missed assignments and still destroyed the opponent with monstrous plays.  Not even the old days of the Warren heave and hope had this many big plays.  The QB is extremely difficult to tackle.

On defense they completely eliminated the Nashville run game and forced the Scrappers to throw the ball.  The QB couldn't do it.  He missed open receivers all night and threw into coverage when they weren't open.  Dardanelle won the game by putting Nashville behind the chains and forcing 4 TO's and multiple costly penalties.  Dardanelle won the battle up front on the d-line. 

If Warren is just as explosive, and they very well seem to be, this game could be a high scoring affair.

PercussionMan

I'm not a fan of either team, but I will say this:  Key to the game for Warren = stop Kristian Thompson!!  I believe he has over 20 rushing TDs and over 20 passing TDs for the season and has accounted for more than 3,000 yards of offense.  No team has really stopped him so far.  But, don't be fooled...Dardanelle has plenty of other offensive weapons as well.

PercussionMan

Quote from: NoRetreat on November 28, 2014, 10:38:01 pm
I don't think Dardanelle  runs the ball well enough to beat Warren. .I surely don't think they can beat them by passing

Don't think too hard about that...you'll think you have them stopped only to get punched in the mouth on the next play.

scrapiron51

RAZORBACK FOOTBALL

Dardnelle played there toughest team this year so far and it was Hamburg, they will now face there next toughest team when they meet the Jacks. No disrespect to Datdnelle but I do not see them having an answer for the Jacks. The Jacks are on a mission and Dardy is in the way. Jacks roll and win with another statement......Jacks 42.....Dardy 21

owl84

Where is Dardanelle?  I might come to the game if it isn't to far.

LizardAlum10

owl84

Spotty

Not sure how much that big win against Shiloh really means. Malvern mercy ruled their conference champ at their place on a lon road trip. Pea Ridge took care of Shiloh prettily easily if I remember right.

AirWarren

Pass through outskirts of Russellville, cross the river and you're in Dardanelle.

LJ06

November 29, 2014, 12:35:51 pm #33 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:37:34 pm by LJ06
Quote from: Spotty on November 29, 2014, 12:05:48 pm
Not sure how much that big win against Shiloh really means. Malvern mercy ruled their conference champ at their place on a lon road trip. Pea Ridge took care of Shiloh prettily easily if I remember right.

In that same aspect Dardanelles tightest game was against the #3 seed from the 8-4A in Hamburg, a game Dardanelle won 28-14. Warren whipped Hamburg 45-20. With that said you can compare scores. It's all about match ups. Warren faced Christian Thompson last year and we all know he is even better now. The Lumberjacks have a tall task, but they will be ready. They have been playing hacked off football lately.

Also if I remember the #3 seed from 1-4A gave Nashville some problems last week.

STUNNA

Warren could have put 100 on them and held them to 50 yards on the night if they had wanted to

AirWarren

Some view it as a "big win". Warren people look at it as taking care of business. I look for them to do the same next Friday night.

Spotty

Nobody is comparing scores. Point is, Shiloh wasn't any good so it's hard to decipher what a win by that margin means. I didn't mean that it was a big win in terms of it is something to be proud of. I was meant in terms that the point differential was big.

PercussionMan

Quote from: RAZORBACK FOOTBALL on November 29, 2014, 11:49:20 am
Dardnelle played there toughest team this year so far and it was Hamburg, they will now face there next toughest team when they meet the Jacks. No disrespect to Datdnelle but I do not see them having an answer for the Jacks. The Jacks are on a mission and Dardy is in the way. Jacks roll and win with another statement......Jacks 42.....Dardy 21

You've obviously lost your mind...it'll be closer than that, regardless of who wins...but I'm thinking Sand Lizards.

AirWarren

Superjack45

Warren will be ready to take care of the task and the stands will be full and rocking like never before we all know that this isn't going to be easy but I do believe that this town will be buzzing this week.

AirWarren

Finish it warren. Bo will have the boys ready.

Superjack45

Just checked the ten day forecast and 80% chance of rain for Friday so there will be some question for this game. Can the Jacks get it done in wet weather,how will this effect the game plan or will they come out flat like they did against Dway? Still the game has to be played regardless but we will see this Friday.

PercussionMan

November 29, 2014, 02:03:45 pm #42 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:06:08 pm by PercussionMan
Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2014, 12:58:43 pm
What's your rationale behind that?

Not sure if you were talking to me or not, but I'll answer anyways.

Dardanelle has averaged 47 points per game in the regular season and 38.33 in the playoffs...they have only allowed 9.9 points per game in regular season and 15.33 in the playoffs.  They have not allowed more than 21 points in any game this season since week one against Danville (and many of their points were scored with Dardanelle's 2nd and 3rd string players in the game).  Their starters have only played complete games maybe 2-3 times this year.  Now, obviously the numbers are a little different in the playoffs as far as what they are scoring and what they are allowing.  Lots of people talked about how "weak" their regular season schedule appeared to be and how rough their draw was in the playoff brackets.  So far, they've answered the bell every time, and they've won by 2 TDs or more in each of those games. 

I just don't see a 10-3 team hanging 42 points on them, and I don't see them shutting down the Sand Lizard QB.  That's the only shot Warren has...shut down the QB and probably create some turnovers. 

Oh, yeah...one last thing...Dardanelle is at home. 

That's my case...just my opinions...I may be wrong, but hey, I'm entitled to an opinion like everyone else!

Superjack45

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 29, 2014, 02:03:45 pm

Dardanelle has averaged 47 points per game in the regular season and 38.33 in the playoffs...they have only allowed 9.9 points per game in regular season and 15.33 in the playoffs.  They have not allowed more than 21 points in any game this season since week one against Danville (and many of their points were scored with Dardanelle's 2nd and 3rd string players in the game).  Their starters have only played complete games maybe 2-3 times this year.  Now, obviously the numbers are a little different in the playoffs as far as what they are scoring and what they are allowing.  Lots of people talked about how "weak" their regular season schedule appeared to be and how rough their draw was in the playoff brackets.  So far, they've answered the bell every time, and they've won by 2 TDs or more in each of those games. 

I just don't see a 10-3 team hanging 42 points on them, and I don't see them shutting down the Sand Lizard QB.  That's the only shot Warren has...shut down the QB and probably create some turnovers. 

That's my case...just my opinions...I may be wrong, but hey, I'm entitled to an opinion like everyone else!
Yes since you went there with that those 3 teams,FSS,PA and Dway and the only reason the Jacks are 10-3 is because these kids are not afraid to play up in classification like some are. This is the toughest 10-3  4A team in the state but you can down rate the Jacks if you want but you all will be in for a fight I bet you that. All night long!

StormChaser83

Apparently you didn't watch them last night vs Nashville.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Superjack45 on November 29, 2014, 03:20:44 pm
Quote from: PercussionMan on November 29, 2014, 02:03:45 pm

Yes since you went there with that those 3 teams,FSS,PA and Dway and the only reason the Jacks are 10-3 is because these kids are not afraid to play up in classification like some are. This is the toughest 10-3  4A team in the state but you can down rate the Jacks if you want but you all will be in for a fight I bet you that. All night long!

No one said anything about the kids playing "up in classification"...I'm pretty sure they have zero to do with scheduling.  Secondly, I'm not "down rating" Warren at all.  Everyone knows that coach and the Jacks are consistently good...year in, year out...I'm just saying they're not going to hang 42 points on Dardanelle.  I think it'll be a good game, and it can go either way.  But, if Warren wants to win, they're going to have to do something different than everyone else has this season with the Sand Lizards, and especially with Kristian Thompson. 

AirWarren

Haha. Yeah. You will beat us because we are 10-3. See you punks Friday.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2014, 06:27:42 pm

Um, that was a Morrilton poster that brought up the 10-3 record, but us punks from Dardanelle will see you Friday night.

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2014, 06:27:42 pm
Yeah what he said.

Superjack45

Quote from: StormChaser83 on November 29, 2014, 03:34:34 pm

Apparently you didn't watch them last night vs Nashville.
Well no I haven't but I have watched them and they are a good team but good teams get beat all the time,so in saying that I just hope our Jacks play hard and leave it on the field Friday night. I am not going to post much just going to read until Friday morning.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas