• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KIPP NonRenews Coach?

Started by gocougars, May 08, 2014, 11:41:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gocougars

Have heard that the KIPP Delta Charter Academy has gotten rid of their boys basketball coach.  Did anyone see this coming?  Don't see this being a highly sought after job.

Razorhogz

If this is true, I am seriously confused. They were in our conference and we saw what that guy did, I think his name is Hammond. That team was a joke until he got there. Coaches and parents always joked they wish he would leave. His kids were always so nice and respectful, we cheered hard for them during regionals and state because they weren't playing us and they NEVER brought fans anywhere that I saw. That is most definitely KIPPs loss, but I can't imagine why they would have gotten rid of him honestly. I'm sure he's better off, he seems like a good coach.

HorseFeathers

they had fans at district tournament.  . . I sat by some of them.. . . And i completely agree that this is mind boggling for them to let him go.

Moonshiner

Who knows, might've been a certification issue or something like that.

bleudog

Concord_Fan

From what I hear, this article is premature. He actually is accepting the Quitman job. Doesn't surprise me he has options, the guy is a heck of a coach, and highly doubt he was let go. It being certification issues is also hearsay, he does have his masters, from what I read.  KIPP is def taking a loss, and it will show.

Basketballfan13

He will do good at either school. Having your masters though doesn't make you certified, certification is based on your teaching license and what content areas you have passed the praxis test to teach.

Rida4Life

After what he did to PC it is a little hard to believe the "he's a good guy" stuff

Concord_Fan

When you are a grown up and have a family, you will understand the concept of "doing what is best for your family." ElDorado area in comparison to central arkansas is a No brainer. He apparently hadnt signed any contracts with Parkers Chapel or he would be obligated to be there. I understand the cold shoulder towards him, assuming you are a fan, or a player, but all aspects of the situation need to be taken into consideration. Wish him and PC a great season. 

Rida4Life

Wow mature rebuttal there.  I AM grown up and do have a family.  I was taught to be a man of my word.  Evidently he wasn't. 

Razorhogz

I talked to our coach who said he spoke with the guy personally. Apparently he felt as bad as he should for Parker's. And that quitman is close to his house and he was offered a substantial amount of more money. I get people saying he's not a man of his word, etc. but I can't blame him. If my husband was in the same situation I would hope he would make the same one. Our coach did say that he seemed pretty remorseful about the whole thing but that's all I know.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Rida4Life on July 12, 2014, 08:20:02 am
Wow mature rebuttal there.  I AM grown up and do have a family.  I was taught to be a man of my word.  Evidently he wasn't.

+1

Qdog

Coach Hammond has been approved by the board to be the next coach at Quitman. We are building a new Gym that will be ready for the 15/16 school year. I wish him the best of luck, he will have great support and a brand new facility.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas