• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 2A State Championship(GIRLS): Sat 11:00 Spring Hill vs. Mountainburg(VOTE)

Started by Brian G, March 11, 2014, 05:40:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Spring Hill
53 (81.5%)
Mountainburg
12 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: March 14, 2014, 06:24:23 pm

Brian G

More to come.

Game will be Fri or Sat and will announced on Wed around noon.

baseball13

Mountainburg is a very good team but they don't have a hope against a great Spring Hill team.

True Fan

Quote from: baseball13 on March 11, 2014, 07:55:30 pm
Mountainburg is a very good team but they don't have a hope against a great Spring Hill team.

They might. My girl was sick as a dog yesterday and hacked all over the Lady Bears. ;)

thabeast428

Good luck to both teams would like to pull for spring hill since their from the south but think I'll have to stick with the dragons lol even if it's not JC dragons

ak58

I know this has nothing to do with Basketball, but I want to ask all my fearless Friday friends and fellow Christains to Please say a Prayer for the Spring Hill Community. We lost a very special girl this afternoon. Thank you & God Bless. Good luck to the Mountianburg lady Dragons.

Sweet

Quote from: ak58 on March 11, 2014, 11:04:23 pm
I know this has nothing to do with Basketball, but I want to ask all my fearless Friday friends and fellow Christains to Please say a Prayer for the Spring Hill Community. We lost a very special girl this afternoon. Thank you & God Bless. Good luck to the Mountianburg lady Dragons.

+1

True Fan

Prayers from Magnet Cove.

MomaLion

Prayers from Clarendon.

THE D.O.C

Prayers from Malvern

DragonFan

Steves68Nova

Donnie Jamon

WPWells

Prayers from Charleston.

Picking the Lady Dragons in this game. The River Valley had a chance to take the first three state championships on Saturday

OwlsR1

Not much being said about this one...how do both teams match up with each other?

True Fan

March 12, 2014, 03:05:24 pm #14 Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:17:18 pm by True Fan
FF voter think Spring Hill is 4 times more likely to win.

I would agree with the majority.

Woodsman11

True Fan

Quote from: Woodsman11 on March 12, 2014, 05:07:06 pm
We will find out Saturday to see who wants it more!

This doesn't have that much to do "with who wants it more". Sometimes, one team is just better than everybody else. Spring Hill is extremely athletic and plays extremely well as a TEAM. Add to that, they have an uncanny ability to steal and shoot the ball. Mix all of that together and you have a recipe for a title. I believe that Spring Hill wins it going away unless they shoot themselves in the foot.

And I know that my friend Debra is looking down from heaven with the biggest smile that you could imagine.  ;D   I made a deal with one of the players. If they beat us, they have to win it all. They did and I don't expect her to let me down. Good luck Lady Bears.

Steves68Nova

Well True Fan they just may do that. Brinkley did. Brinkley had a good chance of winning that game until one player made a bad decision.

OwlsR1

Hey True Fan...did you get to watch Moutainburg play?  I know you have seen us a few times the past 3 years...

True Fan

I haven't seen them play live, just followed a few of their games and looked at their game history. I don't really see an impressive win in their run down the stretch. I thought that they had an easier side of the bracket and should have dominated several of those games, if they were really going to make this a game.

Having said that, I've been wrong before. We'll find out Saturday.

HOOPSTER

Im telling you all, that SH wins this one and it wont even be close. Mountainburg will have to handle the press 1-3-1 mostly the whole game and then try to stop the 3 pt shooter, and then try to stop the lefty post player, and then the point guard who can't be stopped. Mountainburg don't have a chance. Im just speaking the truth!!
Prayers go out to the SH community and family!!

HOOPSTER

I will say by 10pts or more at least. Aint so sure they wouldn't win AAA or even AAAA girls this year. If you haven't seen them then you really don't know how talented they are. Their second group could start for most teams in the state tournament.

crmorrow24

Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 13, 2014, 12:35:02 pm
I will say by 10pts or more at least. Aint so sure they wouldn't win AAA or even AAAA girls this year. If you haven't seen them then you really don't know how talented they are. Their second group could start for most teams in the state tournament.
Don't go that for.  Their point guard sets the tone for this Spring Hill team, they will be good next year but nothing like this year.

Steves68Nova

Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 13, 2014, 03:05:57 pm
Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 13, 2014, 12:35:02 pm
Don't go that for.  Their point guard sets the tone for this Spring Hill team, they will be good next year but nothing like this year.

As I have said before. Mountainburg has two girls who are defensive aces. One starts and the other is a 6th "man". It is my belief that they can slow down most any point guard out there. Wish I had seen SH play. But my brother in law has and he says MB has a pretty good chance. Its like someone said earlier, its who wants it more. I can assure you MB girls will not lay down and let SH just run all over them. It ought to be interesting as both teams are pressing teams and run and gun teams.

OwlsR1

Hmmmmmmm...heard that the Marm Coach and his wife say that as they were watching the Spring Hill in the Magnet Cove game that they might beat us but no way will they score that many points or beat us by that many...no way !!!   Hmmmmmmm...there was a way !

Steves68Nova

True Fan

OwlsR1

Steve...I have heard there shouldnt be a problem...the arena seats quite a few and that will be the first game of the day...that being said, our school is selling them advanced and I am buying some.

MomaLion

We had 250 adult tickets and 250 student tickets and sold out of adult and nearly 200 students so far.

BoxNOne

Arena seats about 6000. Don't think your gonna have any problem with seating.

Timberwolf08

Each school got 500 advance tickets...250 adult/250 student. We got advance tickets since we have the last game, but I wouldn't worry about the first game.

LionPride

Prayers coming from Clarendon

BoxNOne

Sounds like SH is unbeatable. I saw them last year (at state) and obviously they were beatable. No Marmadukes of last year or Norphlets in this years tourney. Spring Hill by 25.

Jacket_10

Sounds like Mt Burg should just stay on the bus and take runner up.  These Lady Dragons have no chance. I know these are all opinions and yes all points to SH to win it, but that's why we play the game.....Underdogs do win. Good luck to both teams in a great game.
LETS GO LADY DRAGONS!!!!
Yelling loud for you from Mulberry....

Woodsman11

bleudog

End of the 3rd quarter in the 2A Girls Championship Game

Spring Hill 52
Mountainburg 35

AB™

Spring Hill wins 67-44.  Very impressive state championship run for them.  Won every game by 20+. 

Brian G

Fearless posters overwhelmingly had SH in this one and advance to 6-3.

Hoghead

Congrats to Spring Hill !!, Bringing one home to Hempstead County!!!

Sweet

True Fan

The only team that even came close to marring their perfect season. ;D

Congrats Lady Bears. Great season.

Sweet

Quote from: True Fan on March 15, 2014, 06:42:30 pm

And best I remember the game at SH would be #2 on that list.

OwlsR1

BoxNOne

True Fan

Quote from: Sweet on March 15, 2014, 08:09:19 pm
Quote from: True Fan on March 15, 2014, 06:42:30 pm

And best I remember the game at SH would be #2 on that list.

Yea Sweet, according to the article in the Hope paper, those were the only two games that were less than 20.

Quote from: OwlsR1 on March 15, 2014, 09:40:34 pm
CAC and Star City in the OBU tournament were some close games.

The paper may have just been talking about 2A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas