• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon vs BIC

Started by CHS2010, March 09, 2014, 05:02:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CHS2010

mom18

I hope it's Clarendon but unfortunately, BIC will get the calls.

BoxNOne

I love it when people make excuses before the game LOL.

MomaLion

How is she making excuses when she has nothing to gain or lose from who wins? And all I've read about BIC is how great they are at flopping...which by the way is incredibly annoying when anybody does it.
Of course I say Clarendon takes it.

BoxNOne

Blaming on the refs before the game starts is definitely what I would call making excuses.

mom18

I have watched EVERY game and have noticed that some teams get all, well, a great majority of the calls in their favor. I have no dog in this hunt.

tacomeat

So far, Ive thought there has been some good officiated games & some not so good. Just as in the reg season. You would figure the teams from the South will get some favorable calls due to it being down there this yr, just like you would assume the NEA teams wouldve gotten the benifit last. The key is to not expect good officiating every time put & not let it affect your play.

BoxNOne

I don't think she was talking about bad officials, More about crooked refs. I could be wrong.

MomaLion

Sounds to me like she is referring to their ability to fake charges.

brock

I'll take Clarendon in a close one.

BoxNOne

I will also tAke Clarendon by single digits. Only thing is the BIC coach is as good as they get.

Elvis

BIC will have Clarendon so frustrated they want know which way to go. They will take charges and back door lay up on u all day. Probably one of the best 3 pt shooting teams in 2 A. Taylor and BIC win by 7 .

MomaLion

Our guys don't get frustrated easily and they adjust quickly.

BrianfromCarlisle

mtindian42

if clarendon can turn them over then clarendon easy... but if not bic in a close 1.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Elvis on March 09, 2014, 09:28:42 pm
BIC will have Clarendon so frustrated they want know which way to go. They will take charges and back door lay up on u all day. Probably one of the best 3 pt shooting teams in 2 A. Taylor and BIC win by 7 .
BIC is a very streaky shooting team. CR is the best 3 ball team 2A. They hit some against us in district finals other than that game I have not seen them hit 3's with any consistency. Yes they can get hot but they just play solid team ball.

Do not zone them though, not the out side shooting that gets you. They work the ball and find the open man. We had our best success against them when we played tough man to man.

mom18

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 09, 2014, 08:23:49 pm
I will also tAke Clarendon by single digits. Only thing is the BIC coach is as good as they get.

I think Clarendon's coach is as good as they get.

MomaLion

I agree mom18...& he doesn't whine to the refs. It has to be a really bad call before he will say anything and you will never hear him yell at the refs or the kids.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Mustangs in a barn burner!!  It is not a flop when the defender beats the offensive guy to a spot & sets his feet & gets knocked down. My friends that is a CHARGE!!!!!!!!!  And the Mustangs are real good at it! ;D

MomaLion

If it's a legit charge then fine but if they are flops trust me they will feel the next one.

BoxNOne

Quote from: MomaLion on March 10, 2014, 06:57:22 am
I agree mom18...& he doesn't whine to the refs. It has to be a really bad call before he will say anything and you will never hear him yell at the refs or the kids.

Moma, if you haven't seen the BIC coach you have not seen any real whining yet. He is the king of referee whining. That being said, he is a great coach (he has won 3 state championships) because he can watch a game and figure out what adjustments his team needs to make.

xavier2011

I have not posted in a long time but it seems that a lot of people on here don't understand the art of taking a charge. If the player is coached correctly they will never get ran over. Smart players fall right before contact. If the offensive player can't pull up and shoot then they deserve to get a charge called on them.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 10, 2014, 08:00:00 am
Quote from: MomaLion on March 10, 2014, 06:57:22 am

Moma, if you haven't seen the BIC coach you have not seen any real whining yet. He is the king of referee whining. That being said, he is a great coach (he has won 3 state championships) because he can watch a game and figure out what adjustments his team needs to make.

Yep Moma is in for a real treat today!   Coach working refs,getting his point across to players & charges!!  I so wished I could be there but have to work. 

MomaLion

I disagree. If there is no contact there is no charge. Trust me, get those Lions riled up with flops and they will feel a true charge.

MomaLion

It's a treat any time I watch my Lions play :)

xavier2011

Getting in other teams heads is a specialty of the mustangs. Players who can not control themselves find themselves sitting on the bench in foul trouble. Hard to score points while sitting there.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: MomaLion on March 10, 2014, 10:07:28 am
I disagree. If there is no contact there is no charge. Trust me, get those Lions riled up with flops and they will feel a true charge.

Then they Have 2 fouls!! lol!!   :D

MomaLion

It's worth it lol.  You see we do play our bench and they are as good as the starters.

THA TRUTH

U give one good shoulder drop like 11 from Brinkley did to 12 from Cr they will think twice

MomaLion

xavier2011

BIC practices stepping over and taking charges. It is called good defense. My advice is to pull up and take the 6 foot jump shot.

MomaLion

BrianfromCarlisle

I hope Clarendon puts it on em.  Have fun Momalion!!!

Saavy

Ahh the chatter of HS basketball.  Such passionate fans.  Now that the team that I pull for is out, I must say, as far as officiating, a referee is wrong when they are wrong and wrong when they are right (depending on which side of the call you are on).  The reason you play the game is that any team can be beat on any given night at this point.  That said, I have seen some very good teams this year and two have stood out to me.  Cedar Ridge and Clarendon.  JC is good, and could beat any of the teams out there, but, like England, are prone to being turned over.  England beat Clarendon by 1 (Clarendon's only loss).  If memory serves me right, Clarendon's best defender and play-maker did not play in that game.  Cedar Ridge is solid all-around.  You can not imagine the speed of Clarendon until you see them in action.  Considering Clarendon has not played a lot of zone this year, due to their ability to turn you over, I do feel Clarendon will defend well against BIC and advance.  JC should not have trouble with St. Joe's at all and Blevins will "handle" England.  In light of it all, I am hoping for a CR/Clarendon final in Hot Springs.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: MomaLion on March 10, 2014, 11:03:58 am
We can do that too  ;D

Momalion is there anything they can't do!!

Timberwolf08

Sad to be missing what will probably be a great matchup! No dog in this fight, but pulling for BIC...gotta stick with our region!

RamAlum10

Not trying to sound racist or whatever you want to call it. just curious.. is BIC all white like they have been in the past?

Should be an interesting game if so. BIC relying on fundamentals, and Clarendon just running up and down the court while letting their athletes do the same thing.

Probably a similar game to the St Joe and Junction game

xavier2011

xavier2011

Clarendon up big at halftime

MomaLion

Clarendon leading 32-19@ half.

xavier2011

Crap must not be calling charges :)

bdubyab60

Im not there but i can tell you probably what is happening. Calrendon is matched up man to man or some very agressive trap. BIC handles it sometimes and sometimes they dont. I said it on another thread if they are shooting good they would be in the ball game, if not they wont. Streaky shooting team, have no idea why we played zone on them.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

44-37 Lions  end of 3rd....     come on Mustangs!! 

bdubyab60

Score thread has it as a 2 point game.

xavier2011

Good luck the rest of the way momalion

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

55-49 Lions     Good luck the rest of the way!    Mustangs proud of you guys!!  To go From the bottom to the Final 8 in state in 1 season with Coach Taylor back on the reigns!!   

hogsfan4life

Great game Lions and Mustangs. Thanks BIC for making me so dang nervous the entire second half lol.

Mustangs are well coached and classy to boot, a great program. To be the best you have to beat the best. Way to go Lions!

MomaLion

Woohoo, WTG Lions!!! Thank you BIC for a great game!!!!!

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Can we play the 2nd qtr over?  lol!!    got out scored 17-5   

hogsfan4life

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on March 10, 2014, 04:25:44 pm
Can we play the 2nd qtr over?  lol!!    got out scored 17-5   
You played great all other quarters. Awesome comeback in the end. Just a few more loose balls fall your way and you might be in the semis!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas