• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton Service inside the GYM..

Started by Donnie Jamon, March 08, 2014, 11:42:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Jamon

Their is no service so if you can get with an Admin person with Hampton they will give you the Wifi to the school so you can text people back home..

MomaLion

I got the password and got logged on but it wasn't working for me thurs.

True Fan

Great gym. Great atmosphere. I only had two gripes.

1. No service.
2. I could not understand on word over the p.a. system. It needs to be adjusted.

Cheek

Quote from: True Fan on March 08, 2014, 12:25:06 pm

1. No service.
2. I could not understand on word over the p.a. system. It needs to be adjusted.

I agree with the PA,  but they can't help the phone service.  I have to say this is the best State Tour. based on service. The people from Hampton have been top notch including hospitality room, cleaning the facility and making everyone feel welcome.  It is a great improvement over Regionals.

MomaLion

I thought regionals was GREAT...state is also great, just a long drive lol.

Timberwolf08

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 08, 2014, 03:00:45 pm
I thought regionals was GREAT...state is also great, just a long drive lol.

Regionals was not great.  The Hospitality Room was not very good, and there was never anyone working.  If you want to know what a good Hospitality room looks like, go to Hampton.  When the host team at Regionals lost, they were ready for everyone to leave.  Hampton does not have anyone playing, and they are all so nice. 

MomaLion

Well I don't go for the hospitality room...I go for the games.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 08, 2014, 04:36:34 pm
Well I don't go for the hospitality room...I go for the games.

I go for the game also, but there is more to hosting a tournment then opening the door, turning on the lights and providing a court.   I forget who I  talking to, because if you are from Clarendon, anything has to be an improvement.  I am glad that Clarendon has a good ball team this year so they have something to be proud of.  I am sure that waking up everyday in Clarendon has to be tough.  I guess I should be more sympathetic .

MomaLion

Lol still bitter because you lost to our #2? It's ok, I would be too.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 08, 2014, 04:53:54 pm

How would I be bitter, we beat them twice and Clarendon once.  By my calculations we would still be ahead in conference.  We both have one win in State, so we look to be about even.  The problem is Clarendon will get beat in the next round to BIC, and England wil play in the Semi's.   There is one thing that you can not change, and it is the fact that England did beat Clarendon on a neutral court. 

Steves68Nova

Talking about regionals, I was impressed with Eureka Springs and the people there. They were very accommodating whenever I ask anything. Even when I had forgotten some stuff in the car (and there were signs everywhere saying you could not get back in without paying again.) they let me go back out. They had a policeman accompany me, but did not make me pay again. The lady's in the concession were very nice also. Of course I have never been to any of the games before this year. Never had the need until my niece started playing.

MomaLion

Yep, you have that but you also lost to our #2...Clarendon and Brinkley both play harder...but if it makes you feel better, ok lol. I'm tired of arguing with a teenage girl...have a great evening :-)

Cheek

March 08, 2014, 05:50:02 pm #13 Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:46:13 pm by Cheek
Quote from: MomaLion on March 08, 2014, 05:07:48 pm
Yep, you have that but you also lost to our #2...Clarendon and Brinkley both play harder...but if it makes you feel better, ok lol. I'm tired of arguing with a teenage girl...have a great evening :-)

Far from a teen, I am having an enjoyable evening at the mall shopping with my wife.  The truth is I would rather get ran over by a bus then go shopping. Thank goodness for I phones so I can entertain myself on the board at your expense.  Thanks

For the record, England did beat Brinkley twice and Clarendon once.  Every te Clarendon looks at the one on their record, they will know it was the England Lions.

MomaLion

BrianfromCarlisle

Cheek is always bitter.  Have to feel sorry for him.  He tried to eat all the food in the hospitality room, and got mad because no one would serve him!  Lol.
Mackey's Lackey always has something bad to say when it comes to anything Carlisle.  Now he is on Clarendon.  Have fun Momalion!  Haha

MomaLion

Ahhh, no worries. I'm from the gutter, remember lol...I can handle the other bottom feeders  ;D
I thought regionals were great...but then again WE DID WIN lol.

BrianfromCarlisle

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 09, 2014, 02:15:02 pm
Cheek is always bitter.  Have to feel sorry for him.  He tried to eat all the food in the hospitality room, and got mad because no one would serve him!  Lol.
Mackey's Lackey always has something bad to say when it comes to anything Carlisle.  Now he is on Clarendon.  Have fun Momalion!  Haha

I guess you have to be able to go in the Hospitality room to know what I  talking about.  I did not mind serving myself if there was anything to serve.  I heard it from more than one school.  Why are you always hating on Mackey.  I guess you dislike him because he wins. 

MomaLion

I've never ever heard from any of our coaches anything bad about the hospitality rooms anywhere. But maybe that's because we are so low class lol...more likely it's because we have manners and don't expect the world for free.

thabeast428

I like that Momalion. I feel jc is the same way and heck if someone wants something to eat or whatever then they should stand in line like the rest lol. I think Hampton has done good this yr and last yr in regionals. Only think I wish is that the state tournament be in a neutral zone and big gym with plenty of seating lol even though it would then be tough for me to go watch but if I got to i wouldn't have to worry about a seat.

mom18

I agree with MomaLion. most of us are just there for the games because we don't get to partake in the hospitality room. I wish they would tell people that there is a password available. Some of us can't come and go for the cell service outside since you have to pay to re-enter.

MomaLion

The password isn't available to everyone. I guess you have to be involved with your schools media. It didn't work anyway lol. I kept stepping out the door by the bathrooms but they kept running me back in lol.

bdubyab60

It's a nice gym, I didn't like where the walking lane us located. To many people walking in front of you while the game is going on. AT&T service is a no go. Parking is horrible to, was told they didn't have anyone to even tell us where to park the bus.

MomaLion

Cheek

I agree that parking was not very good near the gym, but there was alot of vacant spots in front of the elementary school.  Carlisle and Cedar Ridge have the largest parking lots in 2A.

MomaLion

Carlisles lot was even packed for the final game...took forever to get out lol but they had a great system set up for that.

bleudog

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 09, 2014, 07:46:55 pm
It's a nice gym, I didn't like where the walking lane us located. To many people walking in front of you while the game is going on. AT&T service is a no go. Parking is horrible to, was told they didn't have anyone to even tell us where to park the bus.

I've never tried to use a cell phone in Hampton, but generally in L A (lower Arkansas), Verizon has the better footprint.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 09, 2014, 08:44:29 pm
Carlisles lot was even packed for the final game...took forever to get out lol but they had a great system set up for that.

They do need another road cut to Hwy 70.  I was parked on the South side of the arena and left out the entrance.  It did help having an Officer direct traffic on 70, so there was not a long wait.
I have been a little disappointed in the crowds at Hampton.  We did have larger crowds at Regionals.   

mom18

You must not have been there for the Junction City/EPC game because it was standing room only. There were people standing up the stairways, up top behind the seats, and the lobby was packed with people watching at the windows.

MomaLion

I'm sure the games being pushed back had affected the crowds somewhat. I know I took vacation last week for the tournament so it screwed me up lol. But since I have to see my guys play I had to take a few more days off  :)

Saavy

Reading through some of the posts here, I see one that stands out more than any.  The post is by "Cheek".  Before you decide to degrade another town with your classless statements, I hope you realize the doldrum you must wake up in every morning!  I appreciate good, wholesome trash-talking, but to make statements such as that is just ridiculous.  Clarendon does not have the best amenities, but, when I visited there I was treated with plenty of hospitality and I love the way its gym is set up.  If you want luxury, carry yourself elsewhere! 

Saavy

March 10, 2014, 11:47:28 am #32 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:50:34 am by Saavy
And btw cheek, you ARE one of the few that DO need auto-correct!!

hogsfan4life

March 10, 2014, 07:12:25 pm #33 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:38:35 am by hogsfan4life
Quote from: Cheek on March 08, 2014, 05:03:53 pm

How would I be bitter, we beat them twice and Clarendon once.  By my calculations we would still be ahead in conference.  We both have one win in State, so we look to be about even.  The problem is Clarendon will get beat in the next round to BIC, and England wil play in the Semi's.   There is one thing that you can not change, and it is the fact that England did beat Clarendon on a neutral court. 

Looks like we didn't get beat.. I try to cheer for our regional brethren.. But your obnoxious attitude makes it hard. I'll try to not take it out on the rest of England as most have class.

MomaLion

Quote from: thabeast428 on March 09, 2014, 06:45:50 pm
I like that Momalion. I feel jc is the same way and heck if someone wants something to eat or whatever then they should stand in line like the rest lol. I think Hampton has done good this yr and last yr in regionals. Only think I wish is that the state tournament be in a neutral zone and big gym with plenty of seating lol even though it would then be tough for me to go watch but if I got to i wouldn't have to worry about a seat.
I agree about a neutral facility...at least Hampton doesn't have teams playing.
You can always come sit with the Lions...We don't bite ;D

MomaLion

Quote from: Saavy on March 10, 2014, 11:41:20 am
Reading through some of the posts here, I see one that stands out more than any.  The post is by "Cheek".  Before you decide to degrade another town with your classless statements, I hope you realize the doldrum you must wake up in every morning!  I appreciate good, wholesome trash-talking, but to make statements such as that is just ridiculous.  Clarendon does not have the best amenities, but, when I visited there I was treated with plenty of hospitality and I love the way its gym is set up.  If you want luxury, carry yourself elsewhere!
Thank you...We try to be hospitable..of course every crowd has its jacka** but the vast majority are good down home people.

MomaLion

Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 10, 2014, 07:12:25 pm

Looks like we didn't get beat.. I try to cheer for our regional brethren.. But your obnoxious makes it hard. I'll try to not take it out on the rest of England as most have class.
+1

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 11, 2014, 12:51:06 am

Looks like we didn't get beat.. I try to cheer for our regional brethren.. But your obnoxious makes it hard. I'll try to not take it out on the rest of England as most have class.
+1

I do pull for Clarendon when they are not playing England.  This is a discussion board, and I was just being honest.  I thought BIC was a tough matchup for Clarendon due to their style of play, and I was correct.  I feel Clarendon  will beat JC today because JC can not run with them.  England has the tough game today playing the defending 2A champs.  CR is very fundamental and will not do anything to beat themselves.  England will have to play their best to pull out a win.

thabeast428

Wow u just said JC can't run with them. Ha have u not seen JC run up and down the court? That won't be jc's problem i promise ya.

Cheek

Quote from: thabeast428 on March 11, 2014, 07:52:17 am
Wow u just said JC can't run with them. Ha have u not seen JC run up and down the court? That won't be jc's problem i promise ya.

I did not say JC can not run, but can they finish?  Clarendon can run, and will put the ball in the hole.

Hoghead

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 09, 2014, 07:46:55 pm

Sounds like Bradley last year. Great gym, No phone service if you didnt haven't Verizon. Parking problems and no hotels ! Where did everyone eat & stay in Hampton ? El Dorado or Camden ?

MomaLion

March 11, 2014, 08:55:13 am #41 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:57:21 am by MomaLion
Quote from: Cheek on March 11, 2014, 07:41:42 am
Quote from: MomaLion on March 11, 2014, 12:51:06 am

If England plays like they did last night they will be in it.
+1

I do pull for Clarendon when they are not playing England.  This is a discussion board, and I was just being honest.  I thought BIC was a tough matchup for Clarendon due to their style of play, and I was correct.  I feel Clarendon  will beat JC today because JC can not run with them.  England has the tough game today playing the defending 2A champs.  CR is very fundamental and will not do anything to beat themselves.  England will have to play their best to pull out a win.
If England plays like they did last night they will be in it.

thabeast428

If JC plays like they did in the 2nd half last night then yea lol but if not then no. But Jc defense may have something to say about them scoring as much. Especially if they play the whole game the way they played 2nd half. But I hadn't seen that happen at all here lately. I think it's gonna come down to free throws at the end

keohog

Hot Springs would be a great place for a England and Clarendon rematch ;D

MomaLion

I agree keo. Let's bring it back to our region  :)

baseball13

Quote from: thabeast428 on March 11, 2014, 08:56:33 am
If JC plays like they did in the 2nd half last night then yea lol but if not then no. But Jc defense may have something to say about them scoring as much. Especially if they play the whole game the way they played 2nd half. But I hadn't seen that happen at all here lately. I think it's gonna come down to free throws at the end
Free throws is what it came down to JC missed way to many free throws to be in the Simi's in state but give it to them they made it all year not having to hit them.

True Fan

Quote from: True Fan on March 08, 2014, 12:25:06 pm

1. No service.

Update. The p.a. sounded great yesterday. Thanks.

bleudog

2A State Tournament ‏
@2AStateHampton
We had a wonderful time hosting state. Thanks to all who volunteered and worked. Thanks to all the teams and their fans and good luck!!!

And thank you for tweeting those scores.  Well done.

bleudog

One of the EDNT guy's take on the job Hampton did:  CLICK HERE

Lions84

AT&T got to do more in South Ark.   it is gotten better in the Delta but I still run into no service or roaming in SW Ark.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas