• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-4 East

Started by dc3, November 23, 2013, 07:49:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dc3

Boys and Girls. How is each team looking for the year?

Bigelow   
   Conway Christian   
   Hector   
   Quitman   
   St Joseph   
   Western Yell County   

I know that Hector is 1-0-0 in both categories. Beating Oark Tuesday night. They face Lamar and Dover this upcoming week. Lamar boys game is scheduled to be a JV game due to not having the football players.

HorseFeathers

Western Yell Co Boys are 3-1, They've beat Hartford, Mulberry, Magazine, and lost to Scranton.

MICHAELSPAPPY

WYC looked OK against Magazine. Early in the year and there are a lot of kinks to be worked out.

HorseFeathers

Also, Conway St Joe is off to a pretty good start. Not sure of their record though...

nickspicks159

C5onway St Joseph Boys 6-1 have a tough one tonight at home against 5A Greenbrier.

mrscoach

Hector will be pretty good IMO.

wiseguy

Quote from: mrscoach on November 28, 2013, 11:36:32 am
Hector boys (with-out football players) beat Dover Tues-nite ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wiseguy on November 28, 2013, 09:51:51 pm

Have we played any other games?

wiseguy

Quote from: HF on November 28, 2013, 09:53:48 pm

Just Oark and Dover, won both.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wiseguy on November 28, 2013, 10:02:57 pm

Did our girls play Dover?

wiseguy

Quote from: HF on November 28, 2013, 10:11:14 pm
Quote from: wiseguy on November 28, 2013, 10:02:57 pm

Did our girls play Dover?
Senior girls lost by about 10pts I think. JG,JB,SB won.

FreeMoney

I thought this was the year Dover was supposed to be better. Maybe they will win 6 games this year instead of the usual 3. Wait that's 100% improvement huh

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FreeMoney on November 29, 2013, 09:45:13 pm
I thought this was the year Dover was supposed to be better. Maybe they will win 6 games this year instead of the usual 3. Wait that's 100% improvement huh

Dover...Better? In a Male Sport? Your joking right?

On a serious note, have they been relevant in Boys Basketball since 1999? (I believe that was the year they lost to Marianna in Region)

dc3

Hector boys and girls will play Lisa Academy This Thursday at their place. Wherever that is.. SB are 2-0. SG 1-1.

dc3

Quote from: nickspicks159 on November 25, 2013, 04:33:53 pm
C5onway St Joseph Boys 6-1 have a tough one tonight at home against 5A Greenbrier.

How did this game go?

nickspicks159

Quote from: dc3 on December 02, 2013, 01:05:16 am
Quote from: nickspicks159 on November 25, 2013, 04:33:53 pm

How did this game go?
Greenbrier 51 CSJ 41 Boys

HorseFeathers

Dc3  lisa academy is in little rock.

dc3

Hector got to play tonight in the Scranton Tourn. for the first time in a little over a week. The first time playing with the football boys. Hector girls lost to Atkins. Hector boys beat Atkins.

nickspicks159

Lonoke 43 Conway St Joseph 28 to win Conway St Joseph Classic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dc3 on December 12, 2013, 01:28:10 am
Hector got to play tonight in the Scranton Tourn. for the first time in a little over a week. The first time playing with the football boys. Hector girls lost to Atkins. Hector boys beat Atkins.

Hector girls(1-3) lost to scranton(11-1 I believe)
Hector boys(3-1?) lost to Scranton(15-0)..by 15ish

Baller4life23

Your Records are close for Scranton!
Scranton girls are 12-3 and the boy are 16-0.

mrscoach

Hector Sr Girls beat Johnson County Westside 51-44 in the Hector Tourney.
Hector Sr Boys beat Mountainburg 84-76.  Good games.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mrscoach on December 27, 2013, 10:03:25 pm

Do you know how the other games went tonight? And is tomorrow the last day?

mrscoach

Quote from: HF on December 27, 2013, 10:27:56 pm
Quote from: mrscoach on December 27, 2013, 10:03:25 pm
JA Fair Girls beat Bigelow 47-42 and Bigelow Boys beat Atkins 35-34.  JA Fair plays Johnson Co Westside in girls at 11 am today followed by Atkins vs Mountainburg boys.  Hector plays Bigelow, girls @ 2, boys @ 3:30.  Round robin format.  Monday is last day.

Do you know how the other games went tonight? And is tomorrow the last day?

mrscoach

Yesterday's games.  JCW girls beat JA Fair by 30.  Mountainburg boys beat Atkins by 6.  Hector girls beat Bigelow 50-25.  Hector boys beat Bigelow 55-44.

mrscoach

Hector Boys (7-1)and Hector Girls (5-4) won the Hector tournament.  Bigelow finished 2nd in Boys and Johnson Co Westside finished 2nd in Girls.

nickspicks159

Conway St Joseph 47 Western Yell 30 Boys
Conway St Joe girls defeated Western Yell by the mercy rule

mrscoach

January 08, 2014, 07:35:52 am #27 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:37:58 am by mrscoach
Hector Sr Girls (7-4,1-0) beat Quitman by 19.  Hector Sr Boys (9-1,1-0) beat Quitman by 32.  Conference opener.

HorseFeathers

I don't know a thing about conway christian girls but hector has looked good in the three quarters i've watched them play. . . . They were down 7 or so when i got here and were down until midway through the fourth quarter when they had a scoring run jump started by back to back to back three's. . . . Hector 57 con christian 48 final  hector impoves to 2 and 0. In conference. Conway christian drops to 1 and 1

HorseFeathers

Boys Hector is up eleven at the half . . . Might have to start coming to the hector home games again . . .

HorseFeathers

Hect or boys were up twenty five when i left

nickspicks159

Boys Conway St Joseph 60 Quitman29

CSJ now 12-4 (2-0 in conference)

Play non conference action Rose Bud tomorrow in non conference action.

CSJ girls also won.

HorseFeathers

So...Conference Standings we know for sure...

Boys and Girls both are...
1. Con St Joe/Hector   2-0
3. Conway Christian/WYC 0-1
5. Bigelow  ???
6. Quitman 0-2

nickspicks159

Rose Bud 48 Conway St  Joseph 45 Bulldogs lose on a last second shot again. 12-5 season record

CSJoe girls win and improve to 14-3?

HorseFeathers

Hector Boys and girls improve to 3-0 tonight in conference play...Big game this friday night for both teams as Conway St Joe comes to Hector, winner of this one should be in first place going into the midway point of conference play....

nickspicks159

Conway St Joseph 44 Conway Christian 31 Boys

CSJoe Girls win also.

mrscoach

Quote from: HF on January 14, 2014, 10:13:16 pm
Hector Boys and girls improve to 3-0 tonight in conference play...Big game this friday night for both teams as Conway St Joe comes to Hector, winner of this one should be in first place going into the midway point of conference play....
Yep.  Girls won easily.   Boys rallied from 13 down in the second half to win by six. Big games at Hector Friday in the first half of the conference slate.

HorseFeathers

Csj girls 22 hector 16 at the half

HorseFeathers

Csj girls won by 6....hector put up a good fight and led with about a minute to go but the girls just ran out of steam. . . . Hector isn't a contender. . . . But if a team overlooks them they're more than capable of crashing the party for somebody. . .

HorseFeathers

Hector has come out ice cold we're talking missing multiple lay ups on the same trip down. . . . Normal gimme shots rimming out. . . .couple that with st joseph's inability to miss right now means we're lucky to only be down 14 to 4 after 1. . .

HorseFeathers

Reversal of fortune in the second quarter. . . . Hector 17 csj 18 half 

HorseFeathers

Csj 29 hector 27 end 3. ...we led most of that quarter...

HorseFeathers

Pretty sure the Final for the boys game  was Hector 52 Conway St Joe 45....That moves Hector to 11-1(4-0) on the year...Hector finally found their offense in that Fourth quarter...if Stanek could have got the open 3's to start falling tonight(Normally a very good 3 pt shooter), then we could have blown this game wide open in the 2nd half....

nickspicks159

Quote from: HF on January 17, 2014, 09:17:57 pm
Pretty sure the Final for the boys game  was Hector 52 Conway St Joe 45....That moves Hector to 11-1(4-0) on the year...Hector finally found their offense in that Fourth quarter...if Stanek could have got the open 3's to start falling tonight(Normally a very good 3 pt shooter), then we could have blown this game wide open in the 2nd half....
Hey HF great messages about the game. Look forward to having you all to CSJ next month. Hopefully we will be at full strength and keep it a little closer. I think Stanek was guarded very well and will be covered next time. The sophomore guard was the difference and will be a very good player in 2A. As far as a blowout, don't really think these two teams will ever be involved in a blowout? Definetly
the best two teams in this conference. Look forward to getting back to full strength. My guess is there is a good chance these two teams will meet possibly 3 more times?

HorseFeathers

I don't think we would have won by a blow out . . . . Just that it wouldn't have taken until the last minute for the game to be decided.  And i think we're both top 3 in region for sure. . . . Eureka springs got upset last night by decatur, so i'm not sure what to make of them. And i'm so out of touch with hector basketball right now that i have to ask which one is our sophmore guard ha ha

HorseFeathers

Never mind just remembered that it has to be the hayes kid . . Cause he knocked down several 3's. . . And number 11 is just a freshman. . . . Anyway when do we go to st joe? I might make the drive down there. . . Maybe both of our girls and boys teams can keep taking care of business and that night will decide the boys and girls conference champions. . . And where's district tournament at

DragonFan

Eureka boys had a tough week.  Long back to back road trips this week to Hartford and Mountainburg on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Mountainburg played Eureka to within 8, same as Mountainburg played Hector in Hector's holiday tournament.   Eureka may not have had their legs under them?

HorseFeathers

January 18, 2014, 08:41:04 pm #47 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 09:05:09 pm by HF
Just seen Eureka's Schedule for the last week or so...

January 10th....Union Christian(W)
January 11th(Saturday)...Westside(W)
January 14th(Tuesday)...@ Hartford(W)
Januaray 15th(Wednesday)...@ Mountainburg(W)
Januaray 17th(Friday).......Decatur(L)

That's 5 games in 8 days....Eureka Might have just ran out of steam during that stretch...

nickspicks159

Quote from: HF on January 18, 2014, 12:45:47 pm
Never mind just remembered that it has to be the hayes kid . . Cause he knocked down several 3's. . . And number 11 is just a freshman. . . . Anyway when do we go to st joe? I might make the drive down there. . . Maybe both of our girls and boys teams can keep taking care of business and that night will decide the boys and girls conference champions. . . And where's district tournament at
District is at St Joe. Regional at Eureka Springs

HorseFeathers

Quote from: nickspicks159 on January 19, 2014, 10:08:42 am
Quote from: HF on January 18, 2014, 12:45:47 pm
District is at St Joe. Regional at Eureka Springs

I knew Region...I was hoping we'd get it at Hector....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas