• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harding vs SAU Football game to be televised

Started by bleudog, August 25, 2013, 10:00:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

bleudog

MHSPANTHERS

Disappointing loss for the "Riders.  However, it was a thrill for me to be able to see them on national tv as it has been years since I've seen them play. Nothing but good and fond memories of my former hometown, Magnolia, and the campus of SAU where my Dad was a professor.  There are some very good folks who live there.

Good show by Harding as well and congrats on your win.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: MHSPANTHERS on October 05, 2013, 01:02:39 am
Disappointing loss for the "Riders.  However, it was a thrill for me to be able to see them on national tv as it has been years since I've seen them play. Nothing but good and fond memories of my former hometown, Magnolia, and the campus of SAU where my Dad was a professor.  There are some very good folks who live there.

What did you Dad teach?  Maybe he was one if my instructors during my time at SSC/SAU.

CathywithaC

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 05, 2013, 07:34:05 am
Quote from: MHSPANTHERS on October 05, 2013, 01:02:39 am

What did you Dad teach?  Maybe he was one if my instructors during my time at SSC/SAU.
Same here!  Old Wilkins Stadium looked pretty good on TV!  Spent the best days of my life at SSC working in the fieldhouse for Coach Powell.

Valleysports

I went to that field house once, told them I'd seen more than enough, turned my vehicle north!  :)

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Valleysports on October 05, 2013, 11:18:08 am
I went to that field house once, told them I'd seen more than enough, turned my vehicle north!  :)

Keep going ........ ;)

Valleysports

Went up to Tech, beat the heck out of SAU for 4 yrs - how much more do you want me to go?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Valleysports on October 05, 2013, 02:56:49 pm
Went up to Tech, beat the heck out of SAU for 4 yrs - how much more do you want me to go?

A little further

Valleysports

I don't mix with Yankees too well, even SAU was north from where I grew up.  ;D

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Valleysports on October 05, 2013, 04:18:58 pm
I don't mix with Yankees too well, even SAU was north from where I grew up.  ;D

Well since no high school in the vicinity ( other than Junction City) is farther South, then you must be from one of those Lousyana schools.  From whence doth thou hail?

Valleysports

October 05, 2013, 04:36:38 pm #11 Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:39:04 pm by Valleysports
East Texas - actually kin folk (ancestors) live in Magnolia, Hope, little places in between.

Maynard G Krebs

SAU always had several Tyler & Longview area players. 

Valleysports

LOL - 4 of us went up to Tech, from Tyler & Longview..

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Valleysports on October 05, 2013, 04:51:26 pm
LOL - 4 of us went up to Tech, from Tyler & Longview..

Since you guys beat the Riders for all those years, SAU must have been stuck with players from New Boston, Hooks, Atlanta and Liberty-Eylau

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas