• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheap plays

Started by Hound father, October 20, 2018, 08:52:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound father

I have to say that even though a team has as they say "nothing to play for" they have there school there on teammates there pride to play for. When a team plays dirty with late hits cheap shots to players because they can't keep up the coach allowing This to happen should be suspended as well as the players. Good luck to that team and hope all ours players get well and have a good quick recovery.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Hound father on October 20, 2018, 08:52:02 am
I have to say that even though a team has as they say "nothing to play for" they have there school there on teammates there pride to play for. When a team plays dirty with late hits cheap shots to players because they can't keep up the coach allowing This to happen should be suspended as well as the players. Good luck to that team and hope all ours players get well and have a good quick recovery.
Don't tell me Corning was playing that way last night

Hound father

Yes my son took a cheap shot while snapping an extra point kid dove down to cut him the snapper in the knee after watching huddle it is apparent that it was dirty and then tried again to cut the next snapper on the next extra point and then we had a receiver go down after a tackle and an obvious tried to hurt his ankle after the whistle.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Hound father on October 20, 2018, 09:13:16 am
Yes my son took a cheap shot while snapping an extra point kid dove down to cut him the snapper in the knee after watching huddle it is apparent that it was dirty and then tried again to cut the next snapper on the next extra point and then we had a receiver go down after a tackle and an obvious tried to hurt his ankle after the whistle.
Man that is just stupid. Hope your son is alright

MR#1

Quote from: Hound father on October 20, 2018, 09:13:16 am

In my opinion, such plays by players are a direct reflection of the coaching staff. Administration at the school should reprimand the staff. The game doesn't need 'cheap plays.'

Hound father

Thanks so far so good but go for an mri this week to make sure nothing is torn.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Hound father on October 20, 2018, 09:38:45 am
Thanks so far so good but go for an mri this week to make sure nothing is torn.
Okay good deal

501Arkansas

Is number 21 Clark alright? I see he was hit late and hop off the field in the 2nd quarter

Hound father

Yes from what I have heard he is doing good this morning.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Hound father on October 20, 2018, 11:21:32 am
Yes from what I have heard he is doing good this morning.
Okay good, see you guys next friday

HG Hornet

My son played center and D-line and was a four year letterman.  He knew some teams played dirty and luckily he never got hurt.  He always told me that if some kid on the opposing team tried to play dirty, HE would always have to get dirtier!  Which he did! 

My son's very first 3rd grade peewee game, he got chopped right in the throat by a kid from Camden.  He went down like a sack of potatoes!  Refs didn't see it.  I came out of the stands and made my way to the sideline and he didn't know I was coming to check on him.  I thought.....he's gonna be crying and wanting to quit......not hardly!  I heard him telling his friends "I'm gonna get that SOB when I get back out there!"  And he did!

Unfortunately, cheap shots and dirty play are part of the game.  Some teams seem to do it more, but just about every team has a cheap shot artist!  Hope your son is OK.

beach bum

Quote from: MR#1 on October 20, 2018, 09:24:17 am
In my opinion, such plays by players are a direct reflection of the coaching staff. Administration at the school should reprimand the staff. The game doesn't need 'cheap plays.'

Doesn't Corning still have that boat fiasco coach? LOL .... If they never reprimanded him for that they ain't never doing anything. Just sad...

WHITEchicken

So you were one of THOSE parents hornet? Explains a lot...haha

HG Hornet

October 20, 2018, 07:54:26 pm #13 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 08:03:49 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 20, 2018, 06:48:32 pm
So you were one of THOSE parents hornet? Explains a lot...haha
What do you mean THOSE parents?  If you mean one who was proud his son wasn't gonna be a cry baby quitter at age 8, yes I was one of those.  I did grin when I heard what he said and although it wasn't appropriate at all, I was proud of him for being mad and ready to go back in rather than what I feared he would do, which was cry and wanna quit.  I'm not exaggerating; it was his very first football game against the Camden Soaring Eagles.  I remember it like yesterday!

I remember some knock down drag outs with the little Hornets vs little Bucks.  Tyrek Rucks was a young stud in peewee!  He and our Jace "G" Garcia we're both all over the field every time they played each other. 

I also remember a peewee All Star team where the HG coaches picked Smackover's Tyrek Rucks, Bearden's Tyler Berry and Gage Word and some Camden & Magnolia kids, along with about eight Hornets and they went over to Pine Bluff and won the Thanksgiving Gobble Day Tournament.  They're showing off their gold rings.  What a weekend!!!!!

WHITEchicken

I meant the kind of parent that comes down out of the stands instead of letting coaches handle it. Calm down there sparky.

HG Hornet

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 20, 2018, 09:19:46 pm
I meant the kind of parent that comes down out of the stands instead of letting coaches handle it. Calm down there sparky.
Oh I wasn't at all ruffled about the previous post, I just wasn't sure what you meant by "THOSE" parents.  Like the kind of parent who approved of his kid playing dirty?.....yes, at times.  Like the kind of parent who wasn't appalled that his kid cussed a little?......no, not at all.  Or the kind of parent who came out of the stands to check on his kid when he got hurt a little in his first ever football game.....yeah, I did that, but realized pretty quickly that my son didn't need me to do so.  HG peewee coaches were great and attended to our kids if they got hurt, but I didn't know they were that way because it was our first ever game. 

I think I've hijacked the original thread enough. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 20, 2018, 07:54:26 pm
What do you mean THOSE parents?  If you mean one who was proud his son wasn't gonna be a cry baby quitter at age 8, yes I was one of those.  I did grin when I heard what he said and although it wasn't appropriate at all, I was proud of him for being mad and ready to go back in rather than what I feared he would do, which was cry and wanna quit.  I'm not exaggerating; it was his very first football game against the Camden Soaring Eagles.  I remember it like yesterday!

I remember some knock down drag outs with the little Hornets vs little Bucks.  Tyrek Rucks was a young stud in peewee!  He and our Jace "G" Garcia we're both all over the field every time they played each other. 

I also remember a peewee All Star team where the HG coaches picked Smackover's Tyrek Rucks, Bearden's Tyler Berry and Gage Word and some Camden & Magnolia kids, along with about eight Hornets and they went over to Pine Bluff and won the Thanksgiving Gobble Day Tournament.  They're showing off their gold rings.  What a weekend!!!!!

would like to see an ESPN on where the team players are now

HG Hornet

That team would have won a state championship had they all stayed together.  I know some of those kids are playing college football and I also know some of them made bad choices as they got older and have been in some trouble.  They beat every team they played in the Pine Bluff tournament by three scores until the final game.  They beat Star City 14-8 in a close game to win the rings.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 21, 2018, 07:09:52 pm
That team would have won a state championship had they all stayed together.  I know some of those kids are playing college football and I also know some of them made bad choices as they got older and have been in some trouble.  They beat every team they played in the Pine Bluff tournament by three scores until the final game.  They beat Star City 14-8 in a close game to win the rings.

Thx

KOJACK

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 21, 2018, 05:00:42 pm
would like to see an ESPN on where the team players are now
I smell a 30 for 30 on the horizon...

WHITEchicken

That is not always the case. If so Smackover would have won 3 state titles in recent memory.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas