• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State all star game

Started by Bigditchlion, June 26, 2015, 04:42:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigditchlion

Read in today's paper that Tyrik Harris got outstanding player for the west team!
Awesome job, way to make these England Lions proud.
Go lions!

BigLion10

MomaLion

Didn't West lose? Jk, congrats.

WPWells

Didn't Clarendon lose in the state tournament? I think he'd rather take a ring than an all-star win

Bigditchlion

I think they were even until the last 2:30 of the game. He had a double double from what the paper reported. That's impressive with the quality of competition. I'm proud of him! Go lions

MomaLion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on June 28, 2015, 02:01:57 pm
Didn't Clarendon lose in the state tournament? I think he'd rather take a ring than an all-star win
Actually Ro did get a state ring thank you for asking  :P
And I guess you are too old to understand but jk means just kidding  ;D

MomaLion

Quote from: Bigditchlion on June 28, 2015, 08:03:20 pm
I think they were even until the last 2:30 of the game. He had a double double from what the paper reported. That's impressive with the quality of competition. I'm proud of him! Go lions

I'm proud of all the kids that got to play, it's impressive when small town kids can and do stand toe to toe with the bigger schools and succeed...congrats...glad you have a sense of humor and realized I was only messing with ya  ;D

Bigditchlion

I knew you were moma. He is an exciting player to watch and one that will be truly missed. Have friends that were there in mt Ida for the lions battle, they still talk about how good that regional was. That was some ball game.

WPWells

Sorry, I must've missed where Clarendon won a championship in the past five years

MomaLion

I didn't say they won a championship, I said he has a state ring...open your eyes and read...he was named all state player...we have a few state championship track titles as well, not that any of that has anything to do with this young man from England's achievements...congrats to him  :)

WPWells

No you were the one downgrading his accomplishment. England won the state championship, and Clarendon finished with one loss

MomaLion

You have a SERIOUS issue 12th man...I said JUST KIDDING or are you dense??? I also said CONGRATS.  The England poster knew I was just messing with him so get the stick out of your rear end and it'll be ok.

WPWells

Get the stick out of yours because it was pretty obvious to everyone besides you that I was joking. I know you have issues with me but dang

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: MomaLion on June 30, 2015, 12:50:09 am
I didn't say they won a championship, I said he has a state ring...open your eyes and read...he was named all state player...we have a few state championship track titles as well, not that any of that has anything to do with this young man from England's achievements...congrats to him  :)
you get a ring for all state?

WPWells

It's just eating Moma alive that I was right when I said Clarendon wouldn't win state

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 01, 2015, 09:55:17 am
It's just eating Moma alive that I was right when I said Clarendon wouldn't win state

Did they not win last year though?

BigLion10

WPWells

Nope Cedar Ridge was two-time defending state champions in 2A, but they moved up to 3A this past year so Clarendon thought they had a shot, but Mineral Springs and the famous scorekeeper had other ideas.

Long story short, Clarendon was cheated

itdontcare

Quote from: Oldman on July 01, 2015, 09:54:29 am
NO!!!!!"

rammer

My oldest son was all-state in 2010 and he didn't get a ring. My youngest son was all-state this year and he got a ring.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: rammer on July 01, 2015, 12:58:27 pm
My oldest son was all-state in 2010 and he didn't get a ring. My youngest son was all-state this year and he got a ring.
from the school?

rammer

He was given the form to order by the school but he had to pay for it.  It was never offered to my oldest son. Probably the company that makes the rings figured this was a good way to make money.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: rammer on July 01, 2015, 02:11:16 pm
He was given the form to order by the school but he had to pay for it.  It was never offered to my oldest son. Probably the company that makes the rings figured this was a good way to make money.
gotcha, thanks

MomaLion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 01, 2015, 09:18:44 am
Get the stick out of yours because it was pretty obvious to everyone besides you that I was joking. I know you have issues with me but dang
To say I have issues with you would imply that you make any difference in life which you don't, sorry.

MomaLion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 01, 2015, 09:55:17 am
Not at all...it obviously wasn't their time.  They had one heck of a season and accomplished great things.  What you say or do has no relevance to any of that.

MomaLion

Quote from: rammer on July 01, 2015, 02:11:16 pm
I remember back a few years ago Jamarlin had a couple state rings for different sports...yet we didn't win state...it's been going on for a while.

MomaLion

Quote from: itdontcare on July 01, 2015, 10:40:21 am
NO!!!!!"
Do more research...YES you can.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on July 01, 2015, 11:30:19 pm
NO!!!!!"

Why do we need to do more research.  It is your money, and you can buy whatever you
Like.  I would not spend the school's money on rings for players.  We sure would not buy a ring for all-state selection.  Now the young lady who won the 100 and 200 at the State Track Meet deserves a ring or two since she was a State Champion in those events. The bottom line is there is no rule on who can or can't get rings as long as the school is not paying.

WPWells

If I didn't make any difference in your life you wouldn't take the time to reply to my posts

itdontcare

Quote from: Cheek on July 02, 2015, 07:21:41 am
NO!!!!!"

Why do we need to do more research.  It is your money, and you can buy whatever you
Like.  I would not spend the school's money on rings for players.  We sure would not buy a ring for all-state selection.  Now the young lady who won the 100 and 200 at the State Track Meet deserves a ring or two since she was a State Champion in those events. The bottom line is there is no rule on who can or can't get rings as long as the school is not paying.
I agree, any player that compete's against other individuals, as in track, golf, tennis, that's AAA governed deserves a ring. There's hundreds of athlete's each yr. that make All-State in team sports, but I guess If a kid wants to buy a ring and the parents pay for it, so be it!

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on July 02, 2015, 07:21:41 am
NO!!!!!"

It's been my understanding that the school never pays for those rings...I know I have asked the JC posters and they have fundraisers to purchase rings, the school doesn't pay.  You do however have to be eligible to receive the rings.  All I said was that Ro does have a state ring...12th Man is the one with a bug up his butt about it.

MomaLion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 02, 2015, 08:24:59 am
If I didn't make any difference in your life you wouldn't take the time to reply to my posts
It's cheap entertainment lol.

WPWells

It's all good. No rings for Clarendon. I think you'd get along well with the Cedar Ridge folks because y'all made all the same excuses about this past season. The difference is they actually won a state championship recently. You have nothing to show for it besides a player making all-state which is a good accomplishment but if you're claiming a ring for that then rings are pretty watered down. He might have purchased a ring, but calling it a state ring is a huge slap in the face to England. Can't wait to see what kind of response you have about how I'm just jealous or whatever

Ctucker

Austin pike from BIC should have been on there in my opionion. I thought he was best all around player at the 2a state tourney. Was he not a senior.

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on July 04, 2015, 06:56:02 pm
Austin pike from BIC should have been on there in my opionion. I thought he was best all around player at the 2a state tourney. Was he not a senior.

I am from England, and we had some good players,  but Austin Pike was the best player in 2A.  He could play inside our out and was a awesome shooter.  Pike had to play the 4-5 but was actually a 2-3. 

MomaLion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 03, 2015, 03:50:17 am
It's all good. No rings for Clarendon. I think you'd get along well with the Cedar Ridge folks because y'all made all the same excuses about this past season. The difference is they actually won a state championship recently. You have nothing to show for it besides a player making all-state which is a good accomplishment but if you're claiming a ring for that then rings are pretty watered down. He might have purchased a ring, but calling it a state ring is a huge slap in the face to England. Can't wait to see what kind of response you have about how I'm just jealous or whatever
LOL, I don't know enough about you to claim you are jealous.  I do feel that you must not have much of a life since you spend so much time on the 2A board but hey, it's your life.  Personally I am proud for England that they won state, they played us hard and that gets respect.

WPWells

I have a great life, but thanks for your concern

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas