• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clarendon

Started by Redandwhite, March 14, 2015, 11:01:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redandwhite

Clarendon beat three teams tht won state this year, and congrats to england yall needed tht win more than junction city.

beach bum

March 14, 2015, 11:32:06 pm #1 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:36:01 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Redandwhite on March 14, 2015, 11:01:04 pm
Clarendon beat three teams tht won state this year, and congrats to england yall needed tht win more than junction city.

Don't worry, the people that don't understand basketball is not like football will bash your post by stating the obvious of how they got bounced in the 1st round. To be a 2A school and have 3 wins over state champs including the 5A and 6A champ is insane. In football, I base a team solely off of its playoff run. In basketball, its the playoffs and the entire season as a whole I look at because the nature of basketball. 4A seemed a little down besides Monticello but 3A and 2A was strong this year.

redrider30

England, England, England. They are holding the trophy, enough about Clarendon. You had a great season and a great team but please quit embarrassing your team and kids by wanting people to feel sorry for you.

beach bum

Quote from: beach bum on March 14, 2015, 11:32:06 pm

Don't worry, the people that don't understand basketball is not like football will bash your post by stating the obvious of how they got bounced in the 1st round. To be a 2A school and have 3 wins over state champs including the 5A and 6A champ is insane. In football, I base a team solely off of its playoff run. In basketball, its the playoffs and the entire season as a whole I look at because the nature of basketball. 4A besides Monticello seemed a bit down but 3A and 2A were strong this year with a handful of great teams for its classification.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Don't worry, the people that don't understand basketball is not like football will bash your post by stating the obvious of how they got bounced in the 1st round. To be a 2A school and have 3 wins over state champs including the 5A and 6A champ is insane. In football, I base a team solely off of its playoff run. In basketball, its the playoffs and the entire season as a whole I look at because the nature of basketball. 4A seemed a little down besides Monticello but 3A and 2A was strong this year.

I agree. I wonder if it's ever been done before, where a team had wins over 3 teams that would go in to win state titles?

hogsfan4life

Quote from: redrider30 on March 14, 2015, 11:34:16 pm
England, England, England. They are holding the trophy, enough about Clarendon. You had a great season and a great team but please quit embarrassing your team and kids by wanting people to feel sorry for you.

Dude seriously shut the heck up. Get out of clarendon threads. No one is taking anything away from England. We are allowed to feel sorry for our kids cause they worked extremely hard and are better than their final game shows. No one is embarrassing anyone. If anything we are doing the opposite by pointing out they beat 3 teams that won state titles.

beach bum

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 14, 2015, 11:40:58 pm

I agree. I wonder if it's ever been done before, where a team had wins over 3 teams that would go in to win state titles?

I was thinking the same thing... its not realistic but it would be neat to have double elimination in high school for basketball, baseball, and even soccer. In football the winner is nearly always the better team.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: beach bum on March 14, 2015, 11:54:56 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 14, 2015, 11:40:58 pm

I was thinking the same thing... its not realistic but it would be neat to have double elimination in high school for basketball, baseball, and even soccer. In football the winner is nearly always the better team.

I doubt mineral could beat Clarendon if they played another 10 times, they just happened to beat them when it mattered most.

bdubyab60

Best team up until the state tournament this year. People will say the same about Kentucky if they lose in the big dance this year. What could have been.

Do we really need 2 or 3 threads on why Clarendon failed to win a title. I'm sure there have been other teams with impressive regular seasons fail to win a title.

WPWells

I don't remember this many threads about Mountain View when they had an undefeated regular season and lost in the first round of regionals in a huge upset

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 15, 2015, 06:13:10 am
Best team up until the state tournament this year. People will say the same about Kentucky if they lose in the big dance this year. What could have been.

Do we really need 2 or 3 threads on why Clarendon failed to win a title. I'm sure there have been other teams with impressive regular seasons fail to win a title.

I don't know why people keep making new threads when there was already one to begin with.

As for other teams with As impressive regular seasons, serious question, do you or anybody else know of a team who beat 3 state title winners in one year?

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 15, 2015, 08:59:37 am

I don't know why people keep making new threads when there was already one to begin with.

As for other teams with As impressive regular seasons, serious question, do you or anybody else know of a team who beat 3 state title winners in one year?
Not right off hand Pick, I do believe a few years back though that EPC beat 2, Westside (cant remember they won or lost to Clarksville that year) and Rivercrest, Bay could have been a third but dont remember if EPC played them. Could be getting my years crossed. But you guys are saying that the best team doesnt always win so whos to say that those champions are the best teams?

Plus you and I are just a couple of the guy son this board that believe that there is not a huge difference between the really good teams in 2A and the higher classifications.

While impressive the fact will always be that Clarendon didnt get it done. Champions get it done and thats what England did.

This is JMO on why they didnt get it done. I think Clarendon thought they had a walk to the Semi's and would face JC like most folks thought and that not playing any meaningful close games thoughout the season couldnt have helped, with exception of a couple closer games.

RedWolf275

+1 on this. England is state champs and will forever remain so.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 15, 2015, 09:30:26 am

Not right off hand Pick, I do believe a few years back though that EPC beat 2, Westside (cant remember they won or lost to Clarksville that year) and Rivercrest, Bay could have been a third but dont remember if EPC played them. Could be getting my years crossed. But you guys are saying that the best team doesnt always win so whos to say that those champions are the best teams?

Plus you and I are just a couple of the guy son this board that believe that there is not a huge difference between the really good teams in 2A and the higher classifications.

While impressive the fact will always be that Clarendon didnt get it done. Champions get it done and thats what England did.

This is JMO on why they didnt get it done. I think Clarendon thought they had a walk to the Semi's and would face JC like most folks thought and that not playing any meaningful close games thoughout the season couldnt have helped, with exception of a couple closer games.

After England had Clarendon on the ropes in regional, I knew they were legit. Those are the 2 teams I was pulling for and had hoped for a rematch for the title.

I to agree that Clarendon bought into the hype.

ISU7

Its not insane at all. Some 1A schools may be better than a 3a or 4a school. The school is classified by the number of students in the school, not how good the athletes are. Congrats too ENGLAND your 2014-15 2A STATE CHAMPS, and they didnt beat those two other state champs, they won the division they were in and that's all that matters.SMH ;D 8)

ISU7

March 15, 2015, 11:53:35 am #15 Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:01:19 pm by ISU7
Quote from: redrider30 on March 14, 2015, 11:34:16 pm
EXACTLY ::) It's England moment, they deserved it. They won it on the court, not on this forum.  Maybe they should give Clarendon a trophy for beating those other three teams im quite sure they are not the only team, Oh well once again Congrats too ENGLAND LIONS..lol 8)

ISU7

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 15, 2015, 09:30:26 am

EPC beat 3a champs Rcrest, 4a champs Westside with Hunter M, and 1a champs Bay. Most impressive they won the 2a state title like they set out too do. That's impressive.Bdub ;D 8)

WPWells

Thought Clarksville beat Westside

ISU7

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 15, 2015, 12:17:33 pm
I think that was next season I might be wrong 12th Man..Clarksville was 5a before westside moved up I think.

Sweet

Here's a link to a trophy shop. Order yourselves some "should have been state champions trophies.

http://www.custom-trophies-plaques.com/

bdubyab60

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 15, 2015, 12:17:33 pm
Like I said Im not sure on it. But Clarkesville kept Westside from repeating in one of those years

bdubyab60

Had to look it up. It was the year Clarkesville beat West side. EPC also played LR Parkview in LR and lost by 7 that year. Im not sure if they played Bay or not.

2011 – LR Hall (8), LR Parkview (11), Alma (2), Clarksville (3), Rivercrest, East Poinsett County (2), Bay

WPWells

Charleston beat Clarksville that year

bdubyab60

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 15, 2015, 02:39:35 pm
Charleston beat Clarksville that year
i think EPC beat Westside twice that year. Once at their place and once at home if memory serves me right but could have been just the once.

Lions84

Hard pill to swallow for our fans seeing we beat several eventual state champions only to lose on a apparent scoring error.

WPWells

You didn't lose because of the scoring error. Like I said earlier, just treat it like a bad call in the game. No one in their right mind ever believes that one call cost a team a game, so don't act like you lost solely because of this scoring error

RedWolf275

Where is HF when you need him.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Clarendon should have never been in a one score game with mineral springs, regardless IF there was a scoring error.

MomaLion

True Pick and the errer should never have happened either...the game is over we can move on...I just wish AAA would make changes to avoid such an error in the future....for us, it's over so let's move on please.

Lions84

School almost out in TX and this is still a very bitter pill to swallow.

MomaLion

I watched several of next year's team play last weekend and there's still a ton of talent coming up...some playing AAU now...I'm really excited about an upcoming sophomore girl...serious athlete and playing AAU...not many 9th grade girls can grab the rim, plus she holds 3 state track titles.
Last year's guys were special but don't think we will be down.

Cheek

I do not care what grade, most female players can not grab the rim.  If she won the sprints this year as a 9th grader, she has a bright future.  if she is this gifted,  people will come recruiting.

MomaLion

If i'm not mistaken, she won the 100 M, 200 M and was part of a relay.  In addition she is a great student and the nicest young lady you will ever meet...she definitely has a bright future  :)

BigLion10

Around here you only see maybe 3 or 4 girls that can legitimately grab the rim in a lifetime so that is something special. Good luck to her this upcoming season

MomaLion

This young lady is one of those purely athletic kids that are good at everything they do and happens to have the support system to give her the tools to excel...it will be exciting watching  her the next 3 years.

Basketballfan13

How did this girl do this previous season as a freshman?

BigLion10

That's good moma we had one like that about 8 years ago that could grab the rim and colleges all over came and recruited her. Grades and off the field issues kept her from going pretty far so I expect yall have scouts in the next year or so at the games watching

MomaLion

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 01, 2015, 11:56:05 pm
How did this girl do this previous season as a freshman?
She led the Jr team to district runner up which was far better than what we thought the season would look like...the final game was very close as well.  Then she started on the Sr team in Sr district and greatly contributed to their district win and first appearance in regionals in many years...again far greater season than was anticipated. They lost first round regionals due to not compensating quick enough to different refs...they went into halftime down by a huge margin but kicked it in in the second half and closed the margin to single digits.

MomaLion

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 02, 2015, 09:08:55 am
That's good moma we had one like that about 8 years ago that could grab the rim and colleges all over came and recruited her. Grades and off the field issues kept her from going pretty far so I expect yall have scouts in the next year or so at the games watching
She's already worked with Tyler Scaife and is doing AAU ball..very ambitious and great all around student and person  :)

WPWells

Sounds like she has a bright future ahead of her!

Just curious why you still felt the need to make the excuse about the refs though

MomaLion

Not an excuse...the refs were different than what they were accustomed to as in they allowed a lot of physical activity without calling fouls...it took us too long to adjust and thus we lost. 

WPWells

Okay that makes more sense. It just sounded like an excuse without the explanation. Thanks for the clarification, Moma!

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on June 03, 2015, 01:03:59 am
Not an excuse...the refs were different than what they were accustomed to as in they allowed a lot of physical activity without calling fouls...it took us too long to adjust and thus we lost.

Who did Clarendon play,  Mountain Pine.    The 5AA girls will be very tough again next year.  England,  Magnet Cove, Mountain Pine and Poyen will be very good.

MomaLion

Yes, I believe it was Mountain Pine...This will be our best chance at a good season this year with a strong Sr and the outstanding Sophomore...they feed off each other. Of course there are several other good players but those are the top scorers.

jbtiger73

Just hope she doesn't move into a bigger school district because of her talents. It seems that girls are very influenced by their aau teammates and coaches for them to play at a bigger school against better competition. Boys, not so much. That's what happened to us this past year. Our top two scorers left. One went to Bryant and the other went to wynne. All because of the aau influence. Also, I believe scaife is that young lady's cousin. Because she has relatives in clarendon. Cedric Houston being one of them.

MomaLion

I know she isn't moving this year because she's also a cheerleader and you don't pay that kind of money and just leave lol.  Her roots are here, I believe she will stay.

jbtiger73

Hopefully so. Coaches over here in the rock will do just about anything to win

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas