• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

is it true

Started by Redandwhite, March 10, 2015, 06:59:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redandwhite

I heard after the clarendon and mineral springs game, clarendon didnt get the two points tht richard knox scored.

NEAsupporter

I know they had a couple problems with counting points from free throws a couple of times but each time I noticed it, it got fixed. Clarendon didn't score any at the end that would have won them the game of that's what you mean. 

Redandwhite

Thanks thts all i wanted to know

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The problem was at 3:00 in the third, wasn't at the end of the game. They took 2 from Clarendon and gave 1 to M.S.

hogsfan4life

Yes I noticed that. Our coach got more animated than I'm use to seeing him. He definitely felt we were wronged somehow.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 10, 2015, 08:06:58 pm
Yes I noticed that. Our coach got more animated than I'm use to seeing him. He definitely felt we were wronged somehow.

There was a person neutral to both schools who kept a score book, and they had Clarendon winning by 1 even with the stupid foul at the end of the game.

hogsfan4life

March 10, 2015, 08:33:38 pm #6 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:35:18 pm by hogsfan4life
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 10, 2015, 08:25:24 pm
Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 10, 2015, 08:06:58 pm

There was a person neutral to both schools who kept a score book, and they had Clarendon winning by 1 even with the stupid foul at the end of the game.

Our scorekeeper had us winning by 1 as well. But the official scorekeeper didn't see the 2 points we scored I guess. And unfortunately that is the only scorekeeper that matters. There has been some grumbling from our fans about it but what are we going to do? I am almost certain we got shorted 2 points and I know with absolute surety we are better than MS by double digits.. but the past can't be changed. We complained after the game but I guess nothing came from it.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

It never should have been that close. When Knox picked up his 3rd foul, the Clarendon coach should have gotten him out right then, instead he leaves him in and he picks up his 4th very quickly. That was the reason I made the comment in another thread, that Clarendon got out coached.

MomaLion

I didn't mention the missing points because I didn't want to be accused of giving excuses or shed any negative light on the team...but yes, we were shorted 2 points and yes Coach was upset about it at the time.  I don't know how anybody can sleep at night knowing they cheated kids.

NEAsupporter

Quote from: MomaLion on March 10, 2015, 11:25:31 pm
I didn't mention the missing points because I didn't want to be accused of giving excuses or shed any negative light on the team...but yes, we were shorted 2 points and yes Coach was upset about it at the time.  I don't know how anybody can sleep at night knowing they cheated kids.
I don't think that they intentionally meant to Moma Lion. They were screwing up the points the whole game, especially when anyone was shooting free throws. It seems to me that the people keeping the official book and clock just didn't know what they were doing that game for some reason. But, with that being said, I'm sorry it ended up the way it did.

MomaLion

Me too because it was questioned and to no avail...I just hate to see kids get cheated.

NEAsupporter

I hate that it ended like that for them. But I wish I could of seen them play the way they have all year also. Then we know this wouldn't have been an issue anyways. But everyone has an off day and, unfortunately, it came at a bad time for Clarendon. I would have liked to see another quarter finals match up between Clarendon and BIC.

Sport718

What does the film show?

MomaLion

Honestly, I don't who has film.  Above all, i'm not trying to take anything from Mineral Springs, they played a great game and deserve the kudos...it just stinks for our guys.

RedWolf275

Clarendon should have been able to keep up with the scoreboard. If there was a discrepancy, they should have caught it and corrected at the time it happened.

Idoknow

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 11, 2015, 10:52:03 am
Clarendon should have been able to keep up with the scoreboard. If there was a discrepancy, they should have caught it and corrected at the time it happened.
Who ever keeps the score book for Clarendon should have gone to the official score keeper after each quarter to make sure the score books were the same. This is not the first time something like this has happened, but may be the first for State Tournament!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Idoknow on March 11, 2015, 11:05:59 am
Who ever keeps the score book for Clarendon should have gone to the official score keeper after each quarter to make sure the score books were the same. This is not the first time something like this has happened, but may be the first for State Tournament!

I believe they went after the game was over, guess it was to late then. If this happened, it's inexcusable, there should be 2 official score keepers to avoid this situation.

Idoknow

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 11, 2015, 11:11:12 am

I believe they went after the game was over, guess it was to late then. If this happened, it's inexcusable, there should be 2 official score keepers to avoid this situation.
Schools only pay for one score keeper! I kept the score book for U of A one yr. at Pine Bluff and they only paid for one.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Idoknow on March 11, 2015, 11:22:02 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 11, 2015, 11:11:12 am

Schools only pay for one score keeper! I kept the score book for U of A one yr. at Pine Bluff and they only paid for one.

Then pay for 2. Lol

mom18

It was actually 3 points they took away. I sent a text to someone saying Clarendon was up by 12. Looked up and one of the officials was at the score table. After the discussion, they took 3 points and Clarendon was up by 9. It was very strange because no explanation was given to either coach. Clarendon was not out coached!! I believe Clarendon missed @ 10 free throws in the 4th quarter. That would easily have turned the game in their favor.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mom18 on March 11, 2015, 11:28:33 am
It was actually 3 points they took away. I sent a text to someone saying Clarendon was up by 12. Looked up and one of the officials was at the score table. After the discussion, they took 3 points and Clarendon was up by 9. It was very strange because no explanation was given to either coach. Clarendon was not out coached!! I believe Clarendon missed @ 10 free throws in the 4th quarter. That would easily have turned the game in their favor.

The lead was 12, But they only took 2 away from Clarendon and gave 1 to m.s. that's how the lead went from 12 to 9 with no shots taken. I still have the text I sent. It happened at the 3:00 mark in the 3rd.

WPWells

So remind me again who won the game?

beach bum

If this is true.... shouldn't more of an uproar be made?

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 11, 2015, 11:42:58 am

I am thinking the same thing... if its true something should be done. I understand what it going on but its confusing me at the same time. I mean its kind if a big deal of this is the case.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: beach bum on March 11, 2015, 11:45:40 am

I am thinking the same thing... if its true something should be done. I understand what it going on but its confusing me at the same time. I mean its kind if a big deal of this is the case.

From what I was told, it doesn't matter what any score book but the official one has. The Clarendon coach and book keeper said something after the game was over.

birddawg1986

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 11, 2015, 12:45:11 pm

From what I was told, it doesn't matter what any score book but the official one has. The Clarendon coach and book keeper said something after the game was over.
U are 100% correct. Doesn't matter what any book states except the one sitting at the table. Thats why its called "The Official Book"

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 11, 2015, 01:35:56 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 11, 2015, 12:45:11 pm

U are 100% correct. Doesn't matter what any book states except the one sitting at the table. Thats why its called "The Official Book"

Which only makes having 2 official books more reasonable, people do make mistakes.

WPWells

If you have a discrepancy in your book, you should take care of it immediately. There's no reason to have two official books

RedWolf275

hogsfan4life

We did tell them immediately. Coach Hudson said something at that very moment. And the official score keeper messed it up. There was nothing he could do. I assumed he just hoped it wouldn't come back to haunt us. Unfortunately it did.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 11, 2015, 01:56:36 pm
If you have a discrepancy in your book, you should take care of it immediately. There's no reason to have two official books

Yes there is a reason, and it's because if you are not the "official" score keeper, it doesn't matter what your book says. If you have 2 official keepers, the odds are both wouldn't be messing up at the same time. Especially if they were not sitting next to each other.

mychal6419

coach hudson did protest as soon as he saw what had taken place.  as play  resumed, i heard the side officals say to coach hudson there was nothing he could do.  game then resumed..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 11, 2015, 03:11:44 pm

Yes there is a reason, and it's because if you are not the "official" score keeper, it doesn't matter what your book says. If you have 2 official keepers, the odds are both wouldn't be messing up at the same time. Especially if they were not sitting next to each other.

I've got it....Host School provides one, and each school provides one...Surely to god 2 out of 3 people could get their book to have the same thing if a situation like this happens again...

On a side note: I did see Timeouts charged to the wrong team this year, and Fouls given to the wrong player several times this year....Kinda makes you wonder about the eye site and hearing of some of these "official" Scorers...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on March 11, 2015, 08:45:54 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 11, 2015, 03:11:44 pm

I've got it....Host School provides one, and each school provides one...Surely to god 2 out of 3 people could get their book to have the same thing if a situation like this happens again...

On a side note: I did see Timeouts charged to the wrong team this year, and Fouls given to the wrong player several times this year....Kinda makes you wonder about the eye site and hearing of some of these "official" Scorers...

That would work too, It's just a shame it happened, IF it did. Which it seems to have.

Moonshiner

Actually there are two scorekeepers.  The clock keeper and the book keeper should be in constant communication about the score and fouls.  Hard to imagine how 2 people missed it.  Referees are supposed to go by the official book.  I've seen refs call both teams bookkeepers over and ask what each one has.  In my opinion this is what should have happened.  The referee can make the correct call at that point.
HF you are correct about official clock and bookkeepers having some vision problems.  I will say there's nothing as stressful as keeping that clock.  Mistakes are often made.  Sometimes officials mechanics are bad too. Unfortunate that this happened.

Redandwhite

If triple aaa do give us another chance who would we play i mean its already finals england vs jc.

MomaLion

It won't happen, it's too late and who's to say that if the score were accurate during the game that Mineral Springs wouldn't have adjusted somehow to overcome those extra points.  Too many variables.  At the very least this should prompt some changes to be made so this doesn't happen again.

hogsfan4life

Clock keeper did give us the points. Guess the official book keeper told them to take it off.

Rocket23

All an official can do is go by the running score at the bottom of the official book.

Our school always had a book sitting at scorers table to make sure things jived.

hogsfan4life

March 13, 2015, 11:40:39 pm #40 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 04:21:51 pm by hogsfan4life
Quote from: Sweet on March 13, 2015, 01:51:55 pm
Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 10, 2015, 08:33:38 pm
Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 10, 2015, 08:06:58 pmI know with absolute surety we are better than MS by double digits

Obviously not.

One bad game does not say obviously not. We play ten games we win 9. Unfortunately we don't get that chance.

Sweet

Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 13, 2015, 11:40:39 pm
Quote from: Sweet on March 13, 2015, 01:51:55 pm
Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 10, 2015, 08:33:38 pm
Quote from: hogsfan4life on March 10, 2015, 08:06:58 pmI know with absolute surety we are better than MS by double digits

Obviously not.

One bad game does not say obviously not. Lee play ten games we win 9. Unfortunately we don't get that chance.

Absolute surety is not 9/10. It's 10/10 and you've lost one already. And even given the 2 points you're still not double digits. Are you sure you're not from Hazen?

ISU7

Quote from: Redandwhite on March 12, 2015, 01:04:14 am
If triple aaa do give us another chance who would we play i mean its already finals england vs jc.
Games over, season over ENGLAND LIONS. 2A Champions🏀🏀🏆

RedWolf275

WPWells

I'm sorry, I must've missed that comment before.

Just think of it as an officiating error because that's essentially what it was - a missed call by one of the officials of the game. That's basically what y'all are doing here - blaming your loss on a missed call

Ctucker

Ever watched the movie Frozen just sing let it go over and over and it will get better!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas