• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls title

Started by Neabasketball, March 04, 2015, 04:01:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who takes the girls state title home?

marmaduke
36 (61%)
England
7 (11.9%)
Mineral springs
2 (3.4%)
Spring hill
4 (6.8%)
Other team?
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Neabasketball

Ctucker

I will take marmaduke also.

bighurt411

I say JC Westside has a chance.

hogfan32

All four teams are talented. Just seems like this is Marmadukes year.

MomaLion

I will go with England because they impressed me but honestly I haven't seen the others.

Neabasketball

Quote from: MomaLion on March 04, 2015, 05:08:07 pm
I will go with England because they impressed me but honestly I haven't seen the others.
Marmaduke beat England by 25 around Christmas.. But anything can happen

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

MomaLion

Quote from: Neabasketball on March 04, 2015, 05:10:39 pm
Yea well, I said it so it's gonna happen lol...jk, I really don't have a clue.

redrider30

I'll also take the lady greyhounds. Surprise!

Donnie Jamon

If you don't have a bench then it will be hard to beat Duke.  They press full court the whole game. Even if they are up 50 pts.

Bigditchlion

That was real early that they played marmaduke. They are a lot better and can play up tempo too. That will be a game of runs in my opinion. Think they have only lost once since Christmas and that was to jessiville at there place by 2. So we will have to see. Hope we all get to see that rematch, but still have to get their first

keohog

Quote from: Neabasketball on March 04, 2015, 05:10:39 pm
I'll let Cheek handle this one , he went to this game lol. If England keeps playing the way they did in regional they have a shot at it.

bigworm

Im a lion all the way through. The duke put a beating on our girls early in the year. That was a rough time mentally for the girls. They had played some real real tough comp and had lost 3 or 4 games in a row going into that game. Since then they have gotten better and better. I believe a rematch would be much different. Much closer. im not ready to take my money off the duke yet, but hope i get to see the rematch at summitt.

redrider30

Marmaduke has also gotten better since the England game. A rematch would be fun. To be the best you have to beat the best and England has been where we're trying to get to.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

That was also a home game for marmaduke, and by the way all the NEA posters talk about the refs up there, it could be a different ball game on a neutral court.

redrider30

Refs bad everywhere. I've never seen them worth 25 points.

hogfan32

I've never seen refs as bad as I've seen them this season.. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: redrider30 on March 04, 2015, 07:21:44 pm
Refs bad everywhere. I've never seen them worth 25 points.

Refs could easily be 15 and 10 for a good home court. Lol

Donnie Jamon

Refs do suck everywhere and getting worse. It will def be a diff game. All it takes is get Bopp in foul trouble and you have a shot.

Mustangfans

My money is on Marmaduke. They've been beating everyone by 25+. #3 and #5 work well together.

hogfan32

Marmaduke is a Senior Led team right? I know they have depth, but aren't most of the good players seniors?

Cheek

Marmaduke won 72-49, so it was 23 and not 25.  Marmaduke was up 12-13 much of the game, but ran up the score when our best two guards fouled out.  One in the 3rd and one in the 4th.   If England gets to the finals ,  Marmaduke will find an entirely different team.  I know Marmiduke likes runner-up trophies and we would like to help them get another one😁.

Cheek

March 04, 2015, 08:08:54 pm #22 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:20:24 pm by Cheek
bump
[/quote]

Fan9876

March 04, 2015, 08:09:23 pm #23 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:11:26 pm by Fan9876
Refs can be worth 20+ plus points when they intentionally target one of the team's best players and highest scorers to put them on the bench as I have seen them do.  Call fouls agains teams on numbers the team doesn't even have.

Neabasketball

Quote from: hogfan32 on March 04, 2015, 07:56:34 pm
Marmaduke is a Senior Led team right? I know they have depth, but aren't most of the good players seniors?
have three very good jrs that play a lot and are capable of putting up big numbers. One was all conference. Also have a somphmore back up pg that received all regional tourney team.. Very deep team

Cheek

March 04, 2015, 08:27:31 pm #25 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:21:56 pm by Cheek
Bump

Neabasketball

Quote from: Cheek on March 04, 2015, 08:27:31 pm
Quote from: Cheek on March 04, 2015, 08:07:59 pm
Marmaduke won 72-49, so it was 23 and not 25.  Marmaduke was up 12-13 much of the game, but ran up the score when our best two guards fouled out.  One in the 3rd and one in the 4th.   If England gets to the finals ,  Marmaduke will find an entirely different team.  I know Marmiduke likes runner-up trophies and we would like to help them get another one😁.  It has been two years, and our girls want some more bling.
you have posted that 3 times cheek.. We get it. I hope it is a good game of they meet again but I think the overall outcome will be the same and the duke girls will bring the title home!

redrider30

Thanks cheek for the material. It is greatly appreciated. I will put it to good use especially that runner up trophy line. Always good to have more motivation when your 37-2. I really do appreciate it. Lol.

RedWolf275

To beat Marmaduke I think you need good guards need to be somewhat patient. They will be hard to beat in a run n gun type game.

Cheek

Quote from: redrider30 on March 04, 2015, 09:07:29 pm
Thanks cheek for the material. It is greatly appreciated. I will put it to good use especially that runner up trophy line. Always good to have more motivation when your 37-2. I really do appreciate it. Lol.

We both have to get there first.  England is much improved, and we have good guard play.  I hope we do meet again as it will mean both of us made the finals. 

redrider30

BoxNOne

Just looking at the bracket Duke will have to beat Spring Hill and JC Westside to get to finals. England's path looks a little easier but you never know.

NEAsupporter

If Marmaduke girls don't win it this year, then they never will. At least for a long time. They should have won it a couple years back when they hosted state but blew it in the last couple minutes of the finals. Hope to see them take it this year.

Bigditchlion

Don't think anybody has an easy path to the finals! All these girls can play or they wouldn't be there.

Neabasketball

I don't see Jc west side giving marmaduke Any trouble if they meet considering they how narrow of a win they had today against epc.

WPWells

Also have to consider the long layoff

RedWolf275

Quote from: Neabasketball on March 07, 2015, 02:58:04 pm
I don't see Jc west side giving marmaduke Any trouble if they meet considering they how narrow of a win they had today against epc.

+1 EPC was 6th in the 3-2a and got hot at home in the district to make regional.

Neabasketball

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 07, 2015, 03:15:47 pm
Also have to consider the long layoff
Epc had a longer layoff there tourney ended sooner

WPWells

Games are closer when rusty because neither team hits shots

redrider30

I wouldn't consider 3 days a long layoff.

Rackjack74

FYI. JC Westside shot lights out in regional finals game. They didn't even look like the same team against EPC today in first round of state. Maybe they just had an outstanding game in regionals. I've only seen them play those two times.

I thought that England girls looked solid today. My first time to see them play.

Congrats to all the teams playing today win or lose. Top 16 in the state is nothing to be ashamed of.  :)

Sport718

I would not recommend pressing JC Westside. Great guards, great shooters, great post play. Time. Will tell but I like their chances against anybody. They only have one Sr. if they come up short this year they will definitely be the favorites for next year!

Sport718

Marmaduke, England, and JC Westside are the 3 best teams in the tournament. That's probably why they are ranked 1,2,and 3 in the state.

NEAsupporter

After watching all the games today, I didn't see a girls team that can compete with Marmaduke if they play like they normally do. However, it is the state tournament and anything can happen. I don't think anyone was thinking Clarenden would lose tonight, but they did so you never know.

BoxNOne

Marmaduke is going to press whoever they play. I personally think a slow down game is the best way to go at them. Not an all out stall, just a spread out offense with good spacing. Saw Riverside do it to them in conference and the game was very close to the end. Duke actually had to hold it themselves at the end. Don't think any of the teams in this years state will beat them in a fast paced game JMO.

redrider30

Have beat Pottsville, Greene Co. Tech, Paragould and Dexter, MO in slow paced games. Marmaduke not uncomfortable playing that way. We just probably won't score 80+. The goal is to win by 1 and advance. The key to slowing game down is you have to get ahead and stay ahead. Hard to hold the ball when you're behind.

BoxNOne

March 08, 2015, 09:48:06 am #46 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 09:50:47 am by BoxNOne
Redrider, I was just stating my opinion on the best chance to beat the Duke for the teams in the state this year. Riverside lost by 30 to the Duke running up and down the court and by 8 slowing it down and actually had chances late in the game to pull it out. I think Duke is much more comfortable in a fast paced game as are most teams who have a talent advantage.

BigLion10

That was by far one of the worst games I saw England play they looked slow and sloppy and wasn't in there mind set better step it up next game if they want to advance

redrider30

Wasn't disagreeing with you. Just saying we like to run but don't mind holding it and winning by a few points if we need to.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I would think everyone would have learned from yesterday's games that no team is exempt to an upset.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas