• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Tournament Weather Updates

Started by redrider30, March 03, 2015, 06:32:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redrider30

redrider30

AAA has some big decisions to make today as big winter storm set to strike Arkansas tomorrow. Some teams needing to travel today and some tomorrow.  What a mess.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Unless EVERY weather forecaster is way off, they need to go ahead and postpone this.

Ctucker

Some people having travel long distances I agree pick.

THA TRUTH

Jc was leaving after school today so hooefukkyvit won't get to bad while those kids are up there

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 03, 2015, 08:38:52 am
Jc was leaving after school today so hooefukkyvit won't get to bad while those kids are up there

It doesn't look good truth, most every forecast model is along the same lines. Up to 6" with some locally higher amounts possible. As you all know, that amount of snow will cripple Arkansas. Lol

Ctucker

They will be fine today and most of the day tomorrow.I think late afternoon tomorrow is when it's going to get dicey. Maybe they will miss forecast don't look though.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on March 03, 2015, 08:55:11 am
They will be fine today and most of the day tomorrow.I think late afternoon tomorrow is when it's going to get dicey. Maybe they will miss forecast don't look though.

That's what it looks like to me as well. The AAA needs to make the call today, as I'm sure most teams will be there or on their way before then.

Fan9876

Sleet and freezing set
To start in the morning and temps below freezing for days

redrider30

Tournament cancelled by AAA for today.

hogfan32

Anyone have a idea on when they think the tourney will start? Maybe Friday or Saturday?

birddawg1986

When the roads do clear I imagine the old two lane road going into Pangburn will be mighty tuff to get up and down for a few extra days. I think about 30 miles from Searcy.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 04, 2015, 08:54:13 am
When the roads do clear I imagine the old two lane road going into Pangburn will be mighty tuff to get up and down for a few extra days. I think about 30 miles from Searcy.

It's just 16 miles from searcy

bleudog

Twitter:

ArkActAssn (AAA)               ‏@ArkActAssnAAA

All state basketball tournaments have been postponed today.

9:12 AM - 4 Mar 2015

Lions84

Ctucker

Roads are starting to slush up now and it's going to get a lot worse.I will guess a Friday start.

Donnie Jamon

Seen multiple reports of 18 wheelers being turned over in Searcy. They want play tomorrow or Friday.

redrider30

Already a day behind the other tournaments almost guarantees the AAA will put the 2A title games on Saturday of finals weekend.

Ctucker

Just got to work in searcy, it is terrible.They diffently won't be any games tomorrow.

MomaLion

redrider30

Not looking good for tournament after huge sleet and snow storm. Did any of you down south get any weather? Really bad in NEA.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I saw a post on spacebook that said all tournaments postponed until Friday

BoxNOne

This is correct. AAA site says all tournaments are off today and will resume tomorrow.

bleudog

Twitter:

ArkActAssn (AAA)
‏@ArkActAssnAAA

All State Basketball Tournaments postponed today...will resume tomorrow March 6.

7:32 AM - 5 Mar 2015

redrider30

Drifts 2 and 3 feet deep in the the Duke.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: redrider30 on March 05, 2015, 08:17:07 am
Drifts 2 and 3 feet deep in the the Duke.

Same in des arc, probably 5-6" of snow on top of 2" of sleet. Be lucky to play tomorrow.

Donnie Jamon

redrider30

I would be surprised if tournament started tomorrow if everywhere else is like it is up here. Does anyone know what the conditions are at Pangburn? 5A Tournament in Paragould,AR at GCT already postponed until Saturday.

Ctucker

Could be a go tomorrow can't believe how much roads have improved around searcy I heard Hwy 16 is very slushed if highway dept grads it before dark could be pretty good from report I got

THA TRUTH

MomaLion

Lions84

Prayers sent this year the winter is as bad or worse than last year.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I just drove from searcy to Clarendon, I doubt it happens Saturday either.

CT

I heard that the games were going to be played tomorrow but that's just what I've heard. Could change

Ctucker

Just drove around pangburn area I think they will play.Unless there are teams that can't make it here.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on March 06, 2015, 05:15:55 pm
Just drove around pangburn area I think they will play.Unless there are teams that can't make it here.

It's supposed to get up in the upper 40's tomorrow.

MomaLion

It better happen tomorrow...I've wasted a week of vacation  >:(

Donnie Jamon

It should happen tomorrow. We got hit hard and roads are clear on the interstate. Gonna be 42 here in Jonesboro tomorrow and 47 and raining Sunday.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I wouldn't let my kid on a bus from des arc to searcy or Clarendon to searcy or from Brinkley either. I think the road department forgot about us.

HorseFeathers

You guys must have gotten hit a lot harder than we did....All of our snow is gone here in Pope County....Heck it was gone from the roads yesterday afternoon...

MomaLion

We did HF, still lots of really bad roads here..I'm not even sure I can get out of my driveway lol. But we will be there.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MomaLion on March 06, 2015, 07:46:24 pm
We did HF, still lots of really bad roads here..I'm not even sure I can get out of my driveway lol. But we will be there.

I felt your pain Wednesday afternoon...My driveway is 100 foot, up a hill...I got sideways twice trying to park my truck lol...

MomaLion

I don't have all that but my car is really low so it doesn't take much.  :)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Ctucker

I hope it's already 36 degrees here and sun shining.The people traveling out of bad spots be careful.Once you get around here roads will be fine.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ctucker on March 07, 2015, 09:25:24 am
I hope it's already 36 degrees here and sun shining.The people traveling out of bad spots be careful.Once you get around here roads will be fine.

What I ran into yesterday was, everywhere the road was shaded, was ice covered.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas