• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A East Region at Mount Ida

Started by HorseFeathers, February 23, 2015, 07:26:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

Purple lions with a sluggish first half better pick it up

MomaLion

England 37 Kipp Delta 28 after 3rd

Bigditchlion

How are the purple lions looking now??  Final score?

keohog

Quote from: Bigditchlion on February 26, 2015, 09:55:09 pm
How are the purple lions looking now??  Final score?
We won by about 12pts

beach bum

MomaLion

bigworm

Congrats to all the state qualifiers from tonight!

Cheek

The 5AA took 3 of 4 yesterday with Mt Pine and England X2 advancing.  Who do you have in today's games.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 27, 2015, 07:15:50 am
The 5AA took 3 of 4 yesterday with Mt Pine and England X2 advancing.  Who do you have in today's games.   

Both boys games and Carlisle. And hopes that the snow doesn't materialize over there.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 27, 2015, 07:17:59 am

Both boys games and Carlisle. And hopes that the snow doesn't materialize over there.

Homer😁

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 27, 2015, 07:21:12 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 27, 2015, 07:17:59 am

Homer😁

Ok, Carlisle is a long shot. The snow may be more likely. Lol

Bigditchlion

Boys Poyen and Ida win and maybe magnet girls. Hazen wins over poyen. That's what I'm thinking anyway but who knows.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on February 27, 2015, 07:55:40 am
Boys Poyen and Ida win and maybe magnet girls. Hazen wins over poyen. That's what I'm thinking anyway but who knows.

The reason I think the 6 boys win is because England struggled with a not real good Kipp delta, they didn't beat Brinkley, Augusta or Clarendon all year and England ran through the 5 undefeated. But like you said, who knows.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 27, 2015, 08:00:43 am

The reason I think the 6 boys win is because England struggled with a not real good Kipp delta, they didn't beat Brinkley, Augusta or Clarendon all year and England ran through the 5 undefeated. But like you said, who knows.

How did England struggle.  We never trailed in the game, and did what we needed to to win.  I did not know winning by 13 was a close game.

On the girls side,  I think that both 5aa girls teams advance with Magnet Cove having the tougher game.  On the boys side, I will go with Poyen as long as Goodman does not get into his usual foul trouble.  My Ida and Brinkley is a toss up .

Lions84

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on February 27, 2015, 08:19:50 am

How did England struggle.  We never trailed in the game, and did what we needed to to win.  I did not know winning by 13 was a close game.

On the girls side,  I think that both 5aa girls teams advance with Magnet Cove having the tougher game.  On the boys side, I will go with Poyen as long as Goodman does not get into his usual foul trouble.  My Ida and Brinkley is a toss up .

Just figured y'alls boys would have blown them out, and it was close early on.

M.I Time

England diddnt play there best game but they still took care of business and that's all that matters

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: M.I Time on February 27, 2015, 08:31:17 am
England diddnt play there best game but they still took care of business and that's all that matters

If the other 2 teams from the 5 don't play their best, They probably won't win, and if England doesn't bring it next game, they will be done too.

M.I Time

Mount Ida wins tonight and poyen wins tonight .

Bigditchlion

If Brinkley plays zone mt Ida wins. Man defense then I will go with Brinkley. Those boys can fill it up from the arch.

Hopefully poyen has learned from play with england how to handle speed. Augusta from what I've heard but not seen is fast. Poyen is a scrappy bunch, hope goodman can play big. Who knows? ENGLAND won so I'm happy :)

BigLion10

If poyen would ever learn to throw it in to Goodman they may win some games. With that being said give me Augusta in that game

jbtiger73

i'll take Brinkley and slightly towards Augusta. Augusta can shoot the lights out the gym if there is no pressure. but the knock on them is that they always seem to have a shoot first mentality. and I've seen their post presence is not good at all. so if Goodman does get great looks, it could be a loooong bus ride back to Woodruff Co. for the Red Devils.

M.I Time

Yea I'm not sure what coach Blues coaching plan is but I do know if I had a 6"8 kid playing for me he would have the ball in his hand at the block every possession and they barely ever throw it to him

BigLion10

Agree he gets all of his points from offensive boards and putbacks

jbtiger73

you aint lying man. play him till his toungue drags on the floor.

M.I Time

Yep I mean he moves well for a big kid and can score down low and they don't even use him . They stand out and shoot threes . If I was Goodman I would be demanding the ball when I was in the paint

jbtiger73

he did that last year on us. he's easily a double-double per night guy.

BigLion10

I'd give it to him until they stop him

M.I Time

Yes and he should be ! He's a foot taller than everyone ! And is twice there build . If they want to win they have to play with Goodman if they don't use him them they will get beat by 30

jbtiger73

I think he is what bobby portis was for the hogs last year. portis didn't demand the rock last season, like he is doing this year. if goodman can do that, heck he's 6'8 and over 300 lbs. I would be afraid to tell him no. he's too soft spoken

M.I Time

We have been long time friends with his father and his family and they are all dry soft spoken which is the Goodman tragic flaw .

BigLion10

Agreed with that especially since no one is moving him out of the paint

JJYahoo

I think that the Carlisle vs. Magnet Cove girls game is going to be closer than people think.  I give Carlisle a 40% chance if they play well and Magnet has an off game

MomaLion

February 27, 2015, 09:40:30 am #133 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:48:01 am by MomaLion

If you are honestly telling us that that's England's best then y'all are in trouble. Yes you trailed at least once and was tied many times. Didn't pull away until Kipp kept fouling to get the ball back and England made most free throws. Come on, give Kipp some credit, they gave y'all a game.

MomaLion

February 27, 2015, 09:42:46 am #134 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:48:39 am by MomaLion
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 27, 2015, 08:28:19 am

Just figured y'alls boys would have blown them out, and it was close early on.
Pick it was close the entire game. Kipp did lead briefly and was tied a lot. They just refuse to give Kipp any credit.

BigLion10

February 27, 2015, 09:45:40 am #135 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:48:08 am by BigLion10
That was far from the best I've seen them play. The good news is we played like this last week against ouachita then turned around and beat poyen the next night by 32 so maybe we can repeat that performance lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 27, 2015, 09:45:40 am
That was far from the best I've seen them play

But Kipp may have had something to do with that, as most times when a team has a not so good game, the other team played a role in that.

MomaLion

Good to know Big Lion. Y'all were great with the free throws and that was the difference I think.

BigLion10

True Kipp played a good game last night

keohog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 27, 2015, 09:49:05 am
Quote from: BigLion10 on February 27, 2015, 09:45:40 am
That was far from the best I've seen them play

But Kipp may have had something to do with that, as most times when a team has a not so good game, the other team played a role in that.
Kipp does have some kids that can play and they had a good game plan. We just made too many unforced turnovers and didn't finish around the rim like we normally do. The only thing that really matters is we won and we play Saturday. WAY TO GO LIONS!!!!!

MomaLion

Everybody knows Clarendon and England fans don't typically get along lol...I have to say that I was sitting on the England side(still there from our games) and met some of the nicest people from England...it was nice talking with them.

bigworm

Quote from: MomaLion on February 27, 2015, 10:08:08 am
Everybody knows Clarendon and England fans don't typically get along lol...I have to say that I was sitting on the England side(still there from our games) and met some of the nicest people from England...it was nice talking with them.

durn moma, i don't remember having any issues with clarendon. just good competition. but i may be wrong. Kipp played a good game last night. shot 3's well in the second half. we hope to see yall in the finals. will be fun.

MomaLion

That's my prediction for finals  :)

Bigditchlion

Clarendon vs England will a good game! One we all want to see.

I've always had really good experiences with people from Clarendon. No beef here, respect for yalls atheltic programs from pee wee and up.

What's is yalls thoughts on who will be in the girls final?

MomaLion

I'm not sure about the girls since I haven't seen the 5s teams...I'm hoping either Hazen or Carlisle can get a win tonight.

MomaLion

Magnet Cove 13 Carlisle 11 after 1st

BrianfromCarlisle

MomaLion

MomaLion

Carlisle 33 magnet cove 35 after 3rd

keohog

Quote from: MomaLion on February 27, 2015, 05:02:46 pm
Carlisle 33 magnet cove 35 after 3rd
This may be the only shot the 6 has to win a game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas