• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Lendel Thomas Classic in Harrison Dec 29-31

Started by Elvis Hoggoblin, December 02, 2014, 11:37:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis Hoggoblin

Elvis Hoggoblin

Boys Teams
Harrison
White Hall
Covington TN
Ashdown
Coweta OK
Bergman
Earle
Providence 

Girls Teams
Harrison 
Earle
Fort Smith Southside
Covington TN
Russellville
Coweta OK
Huntsville
Bergman

Googlymoogly

December 05, 2014, 02:04:24 am #3 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:51:30 pm by Googlymoogly
Here I did the work for ya:

26th annual Lendel Thomas Classic presented by Magness Toyota
at Harrison High School

Boys' Division
Monday, Dec. 29

Game 2: Bergman vs. Coweta, Okla., 12:15 p.m.
Game 4: Earle vs. Providence Academy, 2:45 p.m.
Game 6: Covington, Tenn., vs. Ashdown, 6:15 p.m.
Game 8: Harrison vs. White Hall, 8:45 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 30
Game 10: Loser Game 2 vs. Loser Game 4, 12:15 p.m.
Game 12: Loser Game 8 vs. Loser Game 6, 2:45 p.m.
Game 14: Winner Game 2 vs. Winner Game 4, 6:15 p.m.
Game 16: Winner Game 8 vs. Winner Game 6, 8:45 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 31
7th place: Loser Game 12 vs. Loser Game 10, 11:15 a.m.
4th place: Winner Game 12 vs. Winner Game 10, 1:45 p.m.
3rd place: Loser Game 14 vs. Loser Game 16, 4:15 p.m.
Championship: Winner Game 14 vs. Winner Game 16, 7 p.m.

Girls' Division
Monday, Dec. 29

Game 1: Russellville vs. Coweta, Okla., 1:30 p.m.
Game 3: Bergman vs. Hunstville, 11 a.m.
Game 5: FS Southside vs. Covington, Tenn., 5 p.m.
Game 7: Harrison vs. Earle, 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 30
Game 9: Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 3, 11 a.m.
Game 11: Loser Game 7 vs. Loser Game 5, 1:30 p.m.
Game 13: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 3, 5 p.m.
Game 15: Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 5, 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 31
7th place: Loser Game 9 vs. Loser Game 11, 10 a.m.
4th place: Winner Game 9 vs. Winner Game 11, 12:30 p.m.
3rd place: Loser Game 13 vs. Loser Game 15, 3 p.m.
Championship: Winner Game 15 vs. Winner Game 13, 5:40 p.m.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Elvis Hoggoblin

Slight change in girls bracket upcoming.  Check back late tonight for corrected bracket.  No change in boys. 

ZoneBuster

Googlymoogly

Quote from: ZoneBuster on December 05, 2014, 10:34:41 pm
Where is providence academy from??
Northwest Arkansas. I want to say they are located in Rogers

ZoneBuster

Elvis Hoggoblin

The only change is switching starting times of Game 1 and Game 3 in the Girls bracket.  Game #1 will start at 1:30 and Game #3 will start at 11:00am.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on December 07, 2014, 07:57:25 pm
The only change is switching starting times of Game 1 and Game 3 in the Girls bracket.  Game #1 will start at 1:30 and Game #3 will start at 11:00am.
I fixed it on the schedule up there

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Googlymoogly on December 06, 2014, 12:31:56 am
Quote from: ZoneBuster on December 05, 2014, 10:34:41 pm
Where is providence academy from??
Northwest Arkansas. I want to say they are located in Rogers

Looks like they play in an Oklahoma league for Christian Private Schools.

Elvis Hoggoblin

I believe that they have recently been accredited with the Arkansas Activities Association

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on December 08, 2014, 12:57:45 pm
I believe that they have recently been accredited with the Arkansas Activities Association
If they play in AAA next, wonder what classification they would be in. I would guess 1A

theflash10

If I remember right Providence had a 6'9 kid from Nigeria or somwhere like that. Am I right or was that a different NWA private school?

GobsRule

Quote from: theflash10 on December 09, 2014, 11:25:59 am
If I remember right Providence had a 6'9 kid from Nigeria or somwhere like that. Am I right or was that a different NWA private school?
You are correct.

theflash10

Quote from: GobsRule on December 09, 2014, 11:35:28 am
You are correct.
That will be intriguing to see. From what I saw Coweta may not be the power they were two years ago but still will be strong and big I assume. Anything on Covington?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on December 08, 2014, 12:57:45 pm

Soo...Are they the new Fayetteville Christian and have an outstanding Foreign Exchange Student Program :D

bystander

JTthegreat16

I'm sure it will be a toss up between Harrison and Coweta...although I will admit I'm unfamiliar with some of these teams.

Earle has had some strong seasons in the past...I know they won state in 2A a couple years back. Coweta is a little down, but they're still a good team. That's the matchup I am waiting for.

Is Harrison favored to win the whole thing though?

Baller_34

This is the first year in 2A for Earle. They won state in 30 though and yes their always tough.

JTthegreat16

Correction: Earle has won state in 2012, 2010, 2008, 2000, 1985, and 1980.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Elvis Hoggoblin

JTthegreat16

Coweta beat Providence Academy by 12 in a tournament about a month ago, just in case anyone wanted to see a head to head result between some of these teams.

Championship pick: Harrison beats Coweta by 10

HeadTiger

The 6'9 kid from Providence Academy is Moses Kingsley's younger brother correct?

ZoneBuster

Pretty sure he is at the one in LR and this is another kid.

leaglebb

I wouldn't count Huntsville girls out just yet.  They have 4 losses on the season with 3 of them by 1 pt.  They have 7 seniors who are still meshing together after losing four seniors from last years team and going to the 5A final in Hot Springs.  They are big and can shoot the ball inside or out.  Doesn't mean they will win, but historically they have played well in this tournament and have won it or played in the final several times.

NEA Razorback olfan

leaglebb

December 25, 2014, 06:25:48 pm #29 Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 06:29:53 pm by leaglebb
Thanks NEAROF!  Is Brookland playing in a holiday tournament next week?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on December 25, 2014, 06:25:48 pm
Thanks NEAROF!  Is Brookland playing in a holiday tournament next week?

Brookland Girls play Riverview Saturday 1:00
First round of the Beebe Christmas Tourney
Should be a good game
We just played in the Jacksonville Classic
Beat Jacksonville 66-48
Lost to LR Central 47-62

bystander

Does anyone have the seeds of each team in this tournament?

It will be fun to see if there any upsets in the first round, since many of these teams are from different conferences.

ZoneBuster

I don't believe there are the normal seeds. Just "randomly" paired up.

bystander

Thanks for the reply. It seems the top two teams Harrison and Coweta seem to be on the opposite side of the bracket.

bystander

Elvis Hoggoblin

Providence Academy's 6'9" Soph SK Shittu is getting looks from Tulsa and a peek from the Hogs at this point, so I am told.

neds

Sounds like someone SW Christian Ac. would be interested in 

bystander

I read the post player from Earle is supposed to be a stud post player. (Class of 2018). He should dominate in this type of tournament based on reviews. He should give Coweta fits after they advance past Providence.

ZoneBuster

Does this stud have a name? Hard to believe a freshman dominating, would be fun to watch if so.

JTthegreat16

December 27, 2014, 10:44:52 pm #39 Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:49:53 pm by JTthegreat16
Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on December 27, 2014, 06:43:47 pm
Providence Academy's 6'9" Soph SK Shittu is getting looks from Tulsa and a peek from the Hogs at this point, so I am told.

I did some research, and if this Soph was any good he would have gotten out of that school. Go look at them on Maxpreps. This team has not beat anyone good all season and have lost to a bad homeschool team and two very average teams in Collinsville and Paige. On top of that, a 40 point loss to Southwest Christian from Little Rock. And although I think somewhat differently,according to most, Southwest would get stomped by some of these 7A teams. 

Either that post is just not a dominant player, or they have a really weak supporting cast.

Providence will probably remind us all of Arkansas Baptist. They(Arkansas Baptist) have two 6'10 kids but the rest of their team is not very good. The Provience kid will probably look good walking into the gym but won't do much.

oldballer

Quote from: JTthegreat16 on December 27, 2014, 10:44:52 pm
Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on December 27, 2014, 06:43:47 pm

I did some research, and if this Soph was any good he would have gotten out of that school. Go look at them on Maxpreps. This team has not beat anyone good all season and have lost to a bad homeschool team and two very average teams in Collinsville and Paige. On top of that, a 40 point loss to Southwest Christian from Little Rock. And although I think somewhat differently,according to most, Southwest would get stomped by some of these 7A teams. 

Either that post is just not a dominant player, or they have a really weak supporting cast.

Providence will probably remind us all of Arkansas Baptist. They(Arkansas Baptist) have two 6'10 kids but the rest of their team is not very good. The Provience kid will probably look good walking into the gym but won't do much.
I saw this kid play this summer and he is going to be extremely good. He is a 10th grader and can rip the rim off the backboard. Providence only has 1 other good player another foreign born kid. There was an article in the Democrat Gazette about the post player and his legal guardian is the basketball coach so he has no option to go to another school. The article portrayed how this is a life changing event for him and his family by him getting an education in the US. Yes it is because he can play ball, but it is giving him opportunities he wouldn't have otherwise.

HeadTiger

Quote from: ZoneBuster on December 27, 2014, 10:03:24 pm
Does this stud have a name? Hard to believe a freshman dominating, would be fun to watch if so.

Gerry Bohanon. He is a STUD.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Elvis Hoggoblin

Elvis Hoggoblin

nightowl

WPWells

nightowl

Elvis Hoggoblin

WPWells

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas