• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games 11/25

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, November 25, 2014, 09:09:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

Girls
Nettleton 67
Beebe 66
Final

NEA Razorback olfan

Boys
Nettleton 56
Beebe 44
Final

vhsladyeagles

Vilonia and Mayflower played Monday night 11/24-

Vilonia Lady Eagles beat Mayflower - 52-34 -  most of the starters didn't even play the 4th quarter at all.

The boys game was even worse as I believe Mayflower was still missing players for football.  I don't remember the score but it was a blowout as well.  I know the Vilonia boys were winning 46-15 at halftime. 

Vilonia starts play in the St Joe's tournament in Conway on Monday. 

Burks

Is Jerry Perry (JP) still at Mayflower? How did he look?

WPWells

12th Man saw that Perry is now at Southwest Christian Academy in LR

Cajun Hog

Quote from: vhsladyeagles on November 26, 2014, 09:10:38 am
Vilonia and Mayflower played Monday night 11/24-

Vilonia Lady Eagles beat Mayflower - 52-34 -  most of the starters didn't even play the 4th quarter at all.

The boys game was even worse as I believe Mayflower was still missing players for football.  I don't remember the score but it was a blowout as well.  I know the Vilonia boys were winning 46-15 at halftime. 

Vilonia starts play in the St Joe's tournament in Conway on Monday.

Who does the boys play and what time Monday?

Burks

It's too much transferring among high school athletes today. If a kid is not happy with a Coach or playing time they are gone. Transferring for all reasons now days. AAA needs to get involved. Thanks for info on JP.

Vteagle

I would agree with Burks on the amount of transferring these days.....where has hard work, loyalty commitment to a school/team gone to?  I know this is not the thread so I will stop right there....happy thanksgiving everyone!!!

Jock

AR Baptist @ LR Christian:

Girls: LRC win 61 - 40

Boys: LRC win 57 - 50

Exciting boys game. The 7ft Vanover boys were fun to watch. They were effective in the paint, but the taller boy shot a few bricks from 3pt range, not even sure why he was out that far.  The McGonigal twin brothers always provide consistent guard play.

For LR Christian, they played good team ball and shot lights out. #15 Smith was 6 of 7 from 3 point range, put up 20pts I believe.

Good private school rivalry game. I was told that only one senior played the entire game for either team, so these boys will be around awhile.

clockkiller

Talking about transfers . what about just quitting all together because of a coach? my daughter plays for a 5a west team dd. in the past this has been a traditional power in girls. the last three years have been a struggle. not to say the coach can't coach but she want let the girls play its her way or else. we've had six girls quit basketball over this period an its hard to recover form that kind of exodus. Look for wonderview an scared heart both 1a school to reap the benefit of transfers if the dds don't make a change. :( :( :( ???

MDXPHD

Quote from: clockkiller on November 28, 2014, 09:00:34 am
Talking about transfers . what about just quitting all together because of a coach? my daughter plays for a 5a west team dd. in the past this has been a traditional power in girls. the last three years have been a struggle. not to say the coach can't coach but she want let the girls play its her way or else. we've had six girls quit basketball over this period an its hard to recover form that kind of exodus. Look for wonderview an scared heart both 1a school to reap the benefit of transfers if the dds don't make a change. :( :( :( ???

The coach is in charge.  It should be the coach's way or no way.  Sports are different and kids are babied too much these days.  They just need to play ball and do what the coach says instead of their parents teaching them that it's okay to just quit or transfer because they didn't get their way. 

clockkiller

no you dont understand. This isnt a coach its a dictator.Shes lost more games in three years that Ten other coach  lost in ten. The girls have great jrhigh seasons get to high school an loss ever game thats no right. dds will be last in the conf this just like the last three.

WPWells

clockkiller

Andersdog

Well clock killer lets get a few facts straight.  The three years before the "dictator" coach came the team had won 5 games total in several years. Another fact is the team has not been last in conference since the new coach either.  State tourney appearance in 2 nd year first time they had been to state since Shekinna Stricklen played there.  Also another fact is that junior high teams have not been winning since the first year of new coach who also coached junior high that year.  I'm sure you will remember that yr they won the district tourney.  Haven't been to finals in junior high since. 

clockkiller

You sound like your a fan of this coach . Facts are facts haven't won any conf champs except jrhigh. and lost to last place clarksville lastyr for the last place chapionship.

Andersdog

I'm a fan of facts.  Last year finished 6 th in front of Shiloh and Clarksville ( which was 0-14 in conference). You can check those facts on last years 5 a west final standing on this forum.. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas