• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A East GIRLS - Who is the best?

Started by Grond, November 13, 2014, 12:06:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grond

How are your Senior GIRLS gonna go?

Paragould has been ruling the roost, but their superstar is now at Harding University.  Who's got game this year?

hogfan7

NEA Razorback olfan

Grond

Tech - They have a good coach. Not sure how good they are, but he will make the most of what he has.

Paragould - Lot of good players, but not sure if any great players. Again, very good coach.

Bergman1820

Any word on the Wynne Sr.Girls? I was wondering how Coach Howard is doing there.

Chief-Chickasaw

Blytheville girls are gonna kill everyone. Lol

We are no threat we have 6 girls playing on the team. We played Osceola yesterday and 2 fouled out so we had to finish the game with 4 girls on the court. The last two minutes their best player's legs cramped up so she had to just stand on the court so they could finish the game.

Bullethead

Re: Preseson top 10
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 09:54:07 a
Not sure about the rest of the state in senior girls, but the 5A East should be pretty good.  I will not be surprised if 3 of these 5 teams make the 5A final four!

* Batesville- talented sophomore class and new coach with great credentials
* Nettleton - Should be the favorite; most size and talent in conference
* Tech - lots of talent coming back and can shoot the basketball
* Paragould - not much size; lots of guards; great coaching will account for a couple of surprises
* Valley View- very talented and much success the past 2 years;will have to adjust to higher talent level night in and night out in the 5A East; their old 4A conference and Region was weak

MDXPHD

Nettletons girls aren't very good this season. I think valley view already beat them.

justin1a2

Quote from: Bullethead on December 29, 2014, 09:42:55 am

Re: Preseson top 10
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 09:54:07 a
Not sure about the rest of the state in senior girls, but the 5A East should be pretty good.  I will not be surprised if 3 of these 5 teams make the 5A final four!

* Batesville- talented sophomore class and new coach with great credentials
* Nettleton - Should be the favorite; most size and talent in conference
* Tech - lots of talent coming back and can shoot the basketball
* Paragould - not much size; lots of guards; great coaching will account for a couple of surprises
* Valley View- very talented and much success the past 2 years;will have to adjust to higher talent level night in and night out in the 5A East; their old 4A conference and Region was weak

I watched this new Coach with "great credentials" from Batesville coach in the finals at Heber and he wasnt smart enough to double a ball screen and give his team a chance to win. 

MDXPHD

And yet here you are, posting on a message board instead of coaching. ::)

Grond

Well, as of mid January.......

I'd pay real money to see a tournament with Nettleton, Wynne, GCT, and Valley View. All those ladies know how to compete.

Paragould has been decimated by injuries: two starters out for the season, and a third healing up, hoping to get back on the court. A lot of young talent.

A shout out to Blytheville: not many players, but more heart than the rest of the conference.

Easy

I believe you mean Batesville in stead of Wynne, but I would not count Paragould out of this race.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Easy on January 22, 2015, 07:46:26 pm
I believe you mean Batesville in stead of Wynne, but I would not count Paragould out of this race.

Surely he does mean batesville. Since they are tied for first in the conference.

Grond

How depressing: I'm getting older AND dumber. Thanks guys.

Forrest City H

Surely Batesville girls are better than when they lost to Vilonia 51-18 earlier this month? Did they have starters out??

MDXPHD

Quote from: Forrest City H on January 22, 2015, 11:34:00 pm
Surely Batesville girls are better than when they lost to Vilonia 51-18 earlier this month? Did they have starters out??

I'm not sure. They have had one girl out for awhile but she is back now I think. They played pretty bad that game also, which isn't an excuse but I would say they're better than what they showed at that game. I think the East is pretty down this season.

Blazer51

How are the Raiders doing? I've got s sister that plays for them. I work nights all week long and go to school during the day so I never get to go and it's hard to catch my parents when they're not at work.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Blazer51 on January 26, 2015, 08:15:35 am
How are the Raiders doing? I've got s sister that plays for them. I work nights all week long and go to school during the day so I never get to go and it's hard to catch my parents when they're not at work.

I believe Nettleton has lost one game in conference, and it was to Batesville at Nettleton last Friday night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas