• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel Jamboree tonight: Cabot vs McClellan and LRCA

Started by Cabotred, November 11, 2014, 01:10:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

You should I be keep an eye on from those two teams?

We are very young. Only one Sr, he starts at the 2,  might get another after football. Have 3 Jrs. that are showing promise.  They are very athletic and run floor well. #33 G Rowe 6'3", #20 H Southerland, 6'4", #44 J Dixon 6'6". 

think

McClellan will be athletic. They have one of the best scorers in the state in Jones. He will be a tough match up for Cabot. McClellan lives on defense. They will get after it and put pressure on the ball. They did lose a player or two from what I've heard. One I know was a key contributor. They have a really quick PG (backup from last year) that should get his minutes and he's a solid player as well.

Cabot is more athletic than they've ever been. From my understanding, a lot of Cabot's success will depend on if they can get solid play from the PG position. This should be a good game.

Can't speak for LRCA.

Cabotred

Until football is over we will have a sophmore playing the 1 or 2. I am sure he has not seen the pressure he will see tonight. In time the soph will be good but needs expereince  Our Sr. can mentally handle pressure but is not athletic enough to do it alone. We need some one to step up and get ball down court and offense started. Once football is over and J Fergerson and J Barnes get their basketball legs underneath them we will be able to compete at those positions.

Yes we are more athletic than in past but that doesn't equate to victories. We will prolly lose to some teams we should beat and lose to other that we shouldn't. This is going to be a learning and gelling year for us.

think

Yeah, based on the kids I know from Cabot, next year should be the year they make some noise.

Chin Music

LRCA is very, very young.  They have size but very little experience on the varsity level.  There is a lot of talent in the sophomore class, but I think this year is the year you want them on your schedule.  They will be tough to deal with as the junior high players get to high school.

centralarfan

Quote from: think on November 11, 2014, 01:21:44 pm
McClellan will be athletic. They have one of the best scorers in the state in Jones. He will be a tough match up for Cabot. McClellan lives on defense. They will get after it and put pressure on the ball. They did lose a player or two from what I've heard. One I know was a key contributor. They have a really quick PG (backup from last year) that should get his minutes and he's a solid player as well.

McClellan lost three players to transfer. They will not be as strong as last season. Depth and leadership will definitely be an issue with this team.

Cabotred

McClelan 25, Cabot 10 one half 20 minute running clock.

McClellan used pressure to force 13 turnovers and capitalized on bread turning most of them into points. When Cabot could run an offensive set they did ok, but couldn't get ball down court.  Sophmore PG made majority of turn overs, he will get better as season goes on.  The bright side for Cabot was when McClellan was stopped in transition Cabot did a good job on defense stopping their offensive sets.

Jones looked good, they are lacking in size but very atheletic across board.

We might be athletic but we are young and don't not have a leader or someone that can take over the game. One of the 3 Jr starters needs to step up.

LRCA is real young and looked very intimidated on court.  We won approx 28-10.  We were able to get ball down court and run our offense. 

elvis26

;D you better be ready for the trumann wildcats tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!! we have a real good point guard. he can pop them threes!!!!!!!!! he is number 3. you will know him well after tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!! just bring it baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jock

Yes, LRCA lost all 5 senior starters from last year, and will only have one senior this season. The inexperience showed, but they will get better when 4 football players join, and this new bunch gets used to playing together. Very Young, but most size and raw talent they've had in awhile.

Cabot handled them no problem. Of course when you hit your first six shots of the game (5 of them threes) it makes it pretty easy, ha!

Benton HG looked pretty impressive too. Well rounded team, good coaching and the kids look like they've played together a long time.

Monticello undersized compared to most teams, but scrappy, quick, and have some good shooters.

The refs looked confused all night, didn't know where to take the ball out, about half the time didn't give free throws on shooting fouls and vise versa.  That was odd.

Overall Nice fundraiser for WC.

Rayburn

5A Central looks like it's going to be tough as ever. Jacksonville won 80-70 at West Memphis over the weekend.

Yak

All three teams  (Cabot, McClelland, and LRCA) should do well this year. I look for McClelland to compete for a playoff spot in basketball. LRCA may be young, and I believe they have a new coach....so it will depend on how fast they mature.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas