• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron's on road to Success

Started by DogsWin7, March 02, 2012, 08:48:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games will Waldron win in 2013?

0 games
2 games
3 games
4 games
5 +
Will they just be improved

Jacketman65

Maybe the name of this thread should be changed to the Waldron/Subiaco football road to success!

WPWells

No because Subiaco occasionally wins games

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Fred Bird on December 22, 2015, 08:43:11 am
No because Subiaco occasionally wins games

You changed your name again.

WPWells

Changed it to the one I had decided on

Hornet4ever

nuttinbuthogs

Seems to be a very tough place to win a game.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 25, 2015, 04:41:51 pm
Seems to be a very tough place to win a game.

They scrimmaged Hackett this season early in the year and we moved the ball how we wanted and held their offense to very minimal movement. As a 4A school I think you should have the numbers and athleticism to beat and move the ball on a smaller school like ours simply from the number advantage. They just don't seem to have it. The kids were fired up and you could tell they wanted to be there. I'm not really sure what the problem is..

Longfellow

The problem is talent, or the lack thereof

WPWells

The problem is the lack of numbers due to the size of the school district

nuttinbuthogs

I hear they have commitment problems. Hard to get kids out and keep them coming.  Wanting it and being willing to do what it takes is not the same thing. What were the last two winning seasons at Waldron?

Longfellow

Hornet4ever

It has to be tough for the kids to have any kind of motivation with barley winning any games for 3-4 years

Longfellow

9 wins in the past 10 seasons. Currently on a 40 game losing streak. I'm thinking maybe time to close up shop

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 26, 2015, 11:02:11 pm
9 wins in the past 10 seasons. Currently on a 40 game losing streak. I'm thinking maybe time to close up shop

2a champ mccrory lost a game 92-6 in 2002, they killled the program for a while, and now 13 years later, they won a title...

nuttinbuthogs

HIt a run of athletes, a different school board, superintendent, AD, principal, coaches.  ???? What changed between the losing and the wining?

Valleysports

While nuttingbutthog is being somewhat annoying, he does bring up an interesting question.  Asking someone who was there - was there a specific change between 2003 and the next decade?  Did a good run of athletes graduate and the interest just fall off?  Classification?  Seems like I remember hearing the town has lost industry?

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on December 28, 2015, 09:48:14 am
While nuttingbutthog is being somewhat annoying, he does bring up an interesting question.  Asking someone who was there - was there a specific change between 2003 and the next decade?  Did a good run of athletes graduate and the interest just fall off?  Classification?  Seems like I remember hearing the town has lost industry?

There last winning season they had a kid that ran a legit 4.5 forty yard dash at RB..... That will always help you win some games in small town football. I know people like to throw 4.5 around here when the kid is really a 4.7 but they had a RB then that did and it showed in the win column.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 25, 2015, 05:40:38 pm
I hear they have commitment problems. Hard to get kids out and keep them coming.  Wanting it and being willing to do what it takes is not the same thing. What were the last two winning seasons at Waldron?
2002 and 2003 because Waldron randomly had a 4.4 RB

Valleysports

December 29, 2015, 10:57:14 pm #2268 Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:27:46 pm by Valleysports
He'll be 4.3 next time this story is told.  Wondering if he ran in the Olympics or College? 

Hornet4ever

I think honestly Waldron has just hit a bad dry spell on athletes. Look at Magazine, they were a cupcake homecoming team to beat up on, then in two years transformed into a powerhouse state champion. They had a run of good athletes who hardly ever lost come through and they turned the place around for a couple of years. They've since graduated and Magazine is back to the cupcake era, lol. Waldron gets some good athletes to come through and a little luck and you never know what could happen.

whippersnapper

Coach May is the guy to get it done at Waldron. I thought they would break the streak this past season but they came up short a couple times.

RATTLER43

December 31, 2015, 11:20:03 pm #2271 Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:29:42 am by RATTLER43
Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 30, 2015, 01:35:10 pm
I think honestly Waldron has just hit a bad dry spell on athletes. Look at Magazine, they were a cupcake homecoming team to beat up on, then in two years transformed into a powerhouse state champion. They had a run of good athletes who hardly ever lost come through and they turned the place around for a couple of years. They've since graduated and Magazine is back to the cupcake era, lol. Waldron gets some good athletes to come through and a little luck and you never know what could happen.

Actually 5 good seasons including a State title, a semifinal, a quarterfinal, and 2008 and 2013.   We weren't bad in '99 and '00.

May can get it done in Waldron if he remains there long enough. 

And Kearney was really good back in those years.

nuttinbuthogs

How many losses in a row is this at Waldron?  Is it looking any better this spring for the coming year?

beach bum

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on March 12, 2016, 03:33:17 pm
How many losses in a row is this at Waldron?  Is it looking any better this spring for the coming year?

I believe it is in the high 30's or low 40's... someone can correct me if I am wrong on that. I think Waldron gets it done this year and actually wins multiple games. Call me crazy. Multiple only means 2 or more so 2 will do the job for my prediction.

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

beach bum

If Mansfield is having the troubles I am hearing then I believe Waldron gets it done this year. I am thinking Waldron wins week 1 against their neighbor to the north. They also could beat West Fork and Subiaco potentially in conference with their move to the more friendly 4-4A. West Fork is moving to 4A at the wrong time with a loss of a lot of talent. I predict Waldron wins 2 games this year.

WPWells

The streak continues. I think Mansfield will beat them 2-0

beach bum

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 16, 2016, 07:11:44 pm
The streak continues. I think Mansfield will beat them 2-0

Now that is funny....

Okieback

Quote from: beach bum on June 16, 2016, 04:28:32 pm
If Mansfield is having the troubles I am hearing then I believe Waldron gets it done this year. I am thinking Waldron wins week 1 against their neighbor to the north. They also could beat West Fork and Subiaco potentially in conference with their move to the more friendly 4-4A. West Fork is moving to 4A at the wrong time with a loss of a lot of talent. I predict Waldron wins 2 games this year.

^this^

Hornet4ever

Well. We are here now. Waldron wins 43-0 against the Tigers.

cuckoobird

WPWells

nuttinbuthogs

one in a row! But the road is full of potholes.

AirWarren

Lions84

Fatfullback

2-0 will be the record after the Black and Orange pummel Ciderville tonight!

WPWells

Two games, two mercy rule victories

Hornet4ever

Tough loss to Mena last Friday. But not by much, Waldron still looking good.

PrivateLesson

Well.....Waldron is getting fancy new turf!!!    A price tag of around (give or take) $800,000.   Believe that is what I heard.

Ricky May and his son Brock both were mentioned in the Times Record.   I believe I read that Brock hadn't ever lost but 7? games from Pee-wee up until he began coaching at Waldron.   According to the article they look to be favorable this year.   I hope so! 

beach bum

Quote from: PrivateLesson on August 07, 2017, 06:13:31 pm
Well.....Waldron is getting fancy new turf!!!    A price tag of around (give or take) $800,000.   Believe that is what I heard.

Ricky May and his son Brock both were mentioned in the Times Record.   I believe I read that Brock hadn't ever lost but 7? games from Pee-wee up until he began coaching at Waldron.   According to the article they look to be favorable this year.   I hope so!

I think Waldron is capable of getting the 3 seed if everything fell right for Waldron behind Booneville and Dardanelle. That would possibly be good enough to host a playoff game in Waldron. That would be something..... I think a head to head win over Ozark could get them the 3 seed this year. I am fairly confident they'll take all three games of West Fork, Subiaco, and Dover. Pottsville and Ozark will be the games that decide if Waldron goes to an even higher level. That would be one of the stories of the year if they can get that done.

PrivateLesson

Yes, it certainly would be!    I hope they can for the kids.  That would be awesome for them.   

PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

Ozark according to FF stats leads the series 6-2-0 BUT Waldron has Home Field advantage tonight!

I'm not sure what number meeting this is between the two but hoping for a Bulldog Win!   

Community Support is building, team atmosphere is building and Coach May is building wins.   

1-Adam-12

And Waldron has clinched a trip to the playoffs with a 19-0 win against Dover!

Congratulations to Coach May and the Bulldogs!

PrivateLesson

October 28, 2017, 05:29:29 am #2296 Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:31:59 am by PrivateLesson
First time since 2003.   14 Long years.   Hats off to Coach May and the entire Waldron team.

Waldron's  7th grade team is currently 8-0 and the Junior High team is 6-3.

PrivateLesson

Waldron has wins over....

Mansfield
Cedarville
West Fork
Subiaco
Dover

While 14 years seems like a long time...there is even a longer span.  The 1986 team made it to the playoff's and Waldron hadn't been since the 1940's. 

PrivateLesson

Quote from: x14113 on November 03, 2017, 06:37:59 pm
The Bulldogs had definitely made strides as the season progressed.

They went from being gutted by Ozark to giving Pottsville a scare to edging out Booneville to outright blanking Dardy.

On top of that, their 7G also had a strong season.

Things are looking up in Scott Co.

PrivateLesson

7th grade team went undefeated, I read on twitter.     Jr. High team ended the season well, also. 

Quote from: Gray lizard on November 07, 2017, 08:07:12 am
The Pottsville at Waldron game was one of those games that was just mind blowing.  Pottsville loses 5 turn overs and some how managed to come out with a win. It took a scoop and score kick off in the final seconds.  I think Pottsville fumbled the ball around 10 times.  Waldron coaching just about pulled out the win.  The future looks good for Waldron.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas