• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Jr. High Softball Players inthe State

Started by BIG_K, September 16, 2014, 11:17:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG_K

BIG_K

Somebody Please take the bait and run with it. I know you want to give your 8th grader a shout out as a pre-season All-State player.

BIG_K

GobsRule

Heard that we got a move in from Oklahoma who is a 9th grade pitcher. Throws upper 70's with a nasty change! Her mom works with my mother-in-law. She is a relative of the great Ima Sonabich. Most will remember the great Sonabich's that came out of that state a few years back. We are hoping she lives up to the hype!!!

Mike Love

September 23, 2014, 05:41:23 am #4 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 05:43:41 am by Mike Love
That brings a smile to my face...the saga of the Sonabiches was some of my best work!!!

hitemgogetem

Yep.....first thing that comes to mind when I hear someone mention the Sonabiches.........is Mike.
......oh wait...did I say that out loud?    Sorry....my bad....

pruff

razorhead69

I can say that between organizations like Thunder in Central Arkansas and The Knockouts in NWA that softball in the state will be on the rise the next few years. Then you have even more kids playing out of state developing their game. Talent pool is on the rise for sure.

LowerAR

It is; in certain areas of the state, but in other places it is dying. I believe that the 6A programs are declining. I'm not saying all or there are not exceptions, but some programs are real good while many stink. I think there are several reasons, but the main one is soccor. I know the large majority of the quality girls around here have switched and we don't even have any coming up. So even though some areas have seemingly bright futures, what's going to happen when you have no one to play. Watch the scores in the 6A South this year. Just a concern I have.             

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas