• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 - 4A FINAL MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, May 20, 2014, 06:04:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

1...Brookland
2...Mena
3...Ashdown
4...Valley View
5...Nashville
6...Jonesboro Westside
7...Waldron
8...Monticello
9...Booneville
10..Pocahontas

:o

BigRedHog

Was there a particular reason why you have Ashdown #3 and Valley View #4 and not the other way aroun,d unless you are going by the seeding of the bracket or in your opinon the 4S is stronger than the 4E. IMO I fell that Valley View beat the better teams to get to the Semi Finals. They played Mena tough before losing to them. Valley View hit the ball but couldnt capitalize and left to many runers on base. Ashdown lost to Brookland while only getting 1 hit, 1 walk and struck out 15 times. But thats only my opinion. Valley View will be moving up next year to 5A and I wish all the girls and coaches the best of luck

BigRedHog

May 20, 2014, 12:34:49 pm #2 Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:43:39 pm by BigRedHog
Also Valley View had to beat a 3 seed Pottsville, had to beat a 1 seed Nashville and eventually lost to 1 seeded Mena who will in all likelihood win it all and Ashdoqn beat a 4 seed Waldron and lost to a 1 seed Brookland. Just wondering?

whippersnapper

You made the semifinals and ranked in the top 4. Yet you're complaining about one spot on a forum board.

Panthers44

Ashdown did beat mena earlier this year! Who was Valley Views big win over!

BigRedHog

Quote from: whippersnapper on May 20, 2014, 02:33:22 pm
You made the semifinals and ranked in the top 4. Yet you're complaining about one spot on a forum board.

Not a part of VV just asking a question about how they were ranked. I thought they were ranked off the Pre State Money Poll. Just looking at all the games and seeing who they played and won against and lost against according to their seeding. Thats all WhisperSnapper. Thats all this is. A forum board. A place to express opinions right. I expressed my opinion.

BigRedHog

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 20, 2014, 03:53:11 pm
Ashdown did beat mena earlier this year! Who was Valley Views big win over!

VV biggest win was probably agaist Nashville in quarter finals when it counted. Panthers44 you cover alot of games. Who do you think was V'V's  biggest win was against?

1-Adam-12

May 20, 2014, 04:56:04 pm #7 Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:39:29 pm by 1-Adam-12
I too have issues.

Booneville beat Waldron three times this season and two of them were 8-0 and 9-1.  Booneville also beat Mena and did it at Mena, and went to ITB with them two other times, again both of them at Mena.  They played 31 of their 33 games on the road.  IMO they are more like #6 or so.

Yes they lost to Pottsville twice but those were 2-1 and 3-1. We beat them 6-1 in the other game.

I know you try hard 3 Dollar and it is much appreciated, but a complete body of work needs to be looked at, not just what you did at the state tournament.

For me Mena is #1 until or unless Brookland proves I'm wrong. Otherwise 1 through 5 I have no problem with.

Panthers44

The south wasnt as strong this year in 4a as years past! Nashville is there biggest win but one win doesnt make a year poll if from game one till the end of the year!

Panthers44

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 20, 2014, 04:56:04 pm
I too have issues.

Booneville beat Waldron three times this season and two of them were 8-0 and 9-1.  Booneville also beat Mena and did it at Mena, and went to ITB with them two other times, again both of them at Mena.  They played 31 of their 33 games on the road.  IMO they are more like #6 or so.

Yes they lost to Pottsville twice but those were 2-1 and 3-1. We beat them 6-1 in the other game.

I know you try hard 3 Dollar, but a complete body of work needs to be looked at, not just what you did at the state tournament.

For me Mena is #1 until or unless Brookland proves I'm wrong. Otherwise 1 through 5 I have no problem with.
Booneville should be higher but you lose in first round to a weaker south team so it is what it is!

BigRedHog

May 20, 2014, 06:31:15 pm #10 Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:51:32 pm by BigRedHog
Agree. I think Pocahontas should be higher as well. Lost 1 regular season game all year to Brookland but did lose to lower seed as well.

Panthers44

Pokie schedule doesnt help them! Need to play better twams!

BigRedHog

Panthers44

They start 6 freshman so they will be better next year with experience!

BigRedHog

Freshman pitcher did any outstanding job for them and will only get better as well. She was named all conference and all state for them.

Panthers44

Quote from: Panthers44 on May 20, 2014, 06:05:48 pm
Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on May 20, 2014, 04:56:04 pm
I too have issues.

I know you try hard 3 Dollar, but a complete body of work needs to be looked at, not just what you did at the state tournament.

Booneville should be higher but you lose in first round to a weaker south team so it is what it is!
Brookland beat Mena 5-2 so i think they are the number 1 hands down!

1-Adam-12

I will take my crow with Worcestershire sauce. 

Hats off to Brookland.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas