• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEA Openings?

Started by thebigtiger, April 23, 2018, 10:27:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Informant

That job will be flooded with inquiries. I wouldn't be shocked if some of these names that have already taken jobs other places end up applying. 

elvis26

:D informant have you heard anything on the trumann boys job?

Informant

I know Weaver took a job at MacArthur so he's out.  Trumann could not match the money for Brad Brannen so that ship as sailed as well.  Heard rumors of Barbara Wilburn leaving Marked Tree.  He talent has dried up there.  Shes a great coach and would be an A+ hire.  Someone mentioned Steve Richey and Billy Phelan.  I hadn't heard those names prior to reading them here.  Billy Phelan is hit or miss I think. He had zero control over Cross County and spent the last 2 seasons under the most overrated coach in 5A.  I guess if they are desperate, which at this point the most likely are, then Phelan or Richey would be ok for a couple years.  I think Mikie Slater would have been a good fit but he's taken the Bay girls position.  Edgar is obviously looking but he isn't close to a good choice.  Trumann folks would eat him alive.  Seems like the black and gold brick road should lead to Wilburn. 

birddawg1986

Quote from: Informant on May 09, 2018, 09:43:27 am
I know Weaver took a job at MacArthur so he's out.  Trumann could not match the money for Brad Brannen so that ship as sailed as well.  Heard rumors of Barbara Wilburn leaving Marked Tree.  He talent has dried up there.  Shes a great coach and would be an A+ hire.  Someone mentioned Steve Richey and Billy Phelan.  I hadn't heard those names prior to reading them here.  Billy Phelan is hit or miss I think. He had zero control over Cross County and spent the last 2 seasons under the most overrated coach in 5A.  I guess if they are desperate, which at this point the most likely are, then Phelan or Richey would be ok for a couple years.  I think Mikie Slater would have been a good fit but he's taken the Bay girls position.  Edgar is obviously looking but he isn't close to a good choice.  Trumann folks would eat him alive.  Seems like the black and gold brick road should lead to Wilburn.
Been quiet at Trumann on the coaching BB coaching job. Wilburn is not a candidate anymore she is staying at Marked Tree. Heard that Richey was not really wanting to drive so I guess if Billy Phelan is still interested he will be the man unless someone has popped up that we have not heard rumors about. Heard Waymire left the football program to take a job as AD @ Jacksonville HS. Every boy's sports HC is open in Trumann. That's not good.

Informant

Do we know if BigTiger was hired Brookland Jr. Boys coach?

Heard Bill Taylor was still at Brookland and Isaac Middlebrooks had interest in the job. I'm very confused by the Brookland folks on this one.  Gross thankfully should only have 1 or 2 more years.  Hiring Middlebrooks for this would be a slam dunk home run case closed A+ hire.  Especially with all the talent they have coming up.

boss85

Middlebrooks has been hired at Highland.

Informant

I've heard that also but nothing concrete or official.

Informant

Couple of NEA openings have been filled since out last post here.

I believe Edgar (BigTiger or Brian Coangelo) has gotten his dream job of Brookland Jr. Boys. Brookland also had a Jr girls spot open I believe but do not know anything about it.  Gosnell Jr. Boys have hired an assistant from Manila.  Trumann hired Billy Phelan from Blytheville.  Mikie Slater is the new girls coach at Bay.  Highland has hired Middlebrooks to take over for Edgar. 

From my knowledge, Harrisburg and Mammoth Spring girls are still vacant. Rivercrest girls is also vacant.  Several schools looking for Jr high coaches and/or assistants. 

Basketballfan13

Mammoth has hired but I'm not sure who it was.

PapaHog

Soooooo "TheLittleBearcat"?

Easy

Greene County Tech Sr Girls open

elvis26

:D I think matt dean got hired for the greene county tech girls job,

Informant

Matt Dean will replace Trey Harding at GCT.

Kevin Frisbee is the Brookland Jr. Girls Head Coach

And apparently Bill Taylor is no longer coaching basketball at Brookland.  His decision.  Going to be Head Baseball coach.  Read into that whatever you like.  Looks like Brookland will rely on Bobby Gross and Cody Edgar.

Dean was at Rector?? I'm drawing a blank.  Who will they look at now?

Ridgefield is now looking for an assistant coach.

CoachEagleCat

Quote from: Informant on June 12, 2018, 10:46:50 am
Matt Dean will replace Trey Harding at GCT.

Kevin Frisbee is the Brookland Jr. Girls Head Coach

And apparently Bill Taylor is no longer coaching basketball at Brookland.  His decision.  Going to be Head Baseball coach.  Read into that whatever you like.  Looks like Brookland will rely on Bobby Gross and Cody Edgar.

Dean was at Rector?? I'm drawing a blank.  Who will they look at now?

Ridgefield is now looking for an assistant coach.

Dean was Harding's assistant at GCT.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas