• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A 2nd round games

Started by Razorback Red, November 10, 2017, 10:38:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trevster10

Of note -

Bryant had a new placekicker seeing his first action of the season tonight (not sure why, surely due to an injury to the #1 kicker). He made all 3 of his PAT's tonight. Fayetteville, however, missed their first XP of the night and that ended up being the difference.

mack

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 17, 2017, 10:05:58 pm
There's Mack showing up this week!

I assume you are pulling for my Tigers next week?  NLR doesn't want a title without having to beat one of the West big boys do they?  I really, really hope we get that matchup for the title. 

Conway will give us all we want.  If we're fortunate enough to play in the finals, I absolutely want it to be against Bentonville.  Beating you when you're  down means nothing to me.  I want to beat you when you're good.  History is on your side.  It will be difficult.

kyle0214

Quote from: tj1987 on November 12, 2017, 07:04:41 pm
Pick sixes, blocked punts, interceptions are all legit "football plays" made by a good opponent.  Sorry those arent excuses why Bryant was outplayed much of the game they are reasons.
Bryant was outplayed are you insane?  They overcome a 14 point deficit after a blocked punt and turning the ball over 3 times and still won!!!!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: mack on November 17, 2017, 10:44:36 pm
Conway will give us all we want.  If we’re fortunate enough to play in the finals, I absolutely want it to be against Bentonville.  Beating you when you’re  down means nothing to me.  I want to beat you when you’re good.  History is on your side.  It will be difficult.

I've seen them both play this year....the 7A Central gets their first State Championship trophy this year. Book it!

DerekOxford

FHS got hosed on that spot at the end, but it shouldn't have mattered. Credit to Hornets for finally putting them away in the playoffs and overcoming 20-point deficit. Good luck against the Tigers and will this finally be the year the Central hoists the crown?

trevster10

Some Bryant stats for you -

LaTavian Scott had 100 yards on 27 carries.
Meaders was 6/12 for 51 yards, 0 TDs, and 2 INTs. (primarily 1st half)
Hefley was 9/21 for 104 yards, 1 TD, and 0 INTs. (primarily 2nd half)
Murray had 6 receptions for 73 yards and 1 TD.

Also perhaps of note - Bryant defense held Mulinga to just 24 yards on 4 receptions.

businesstron

Quote from: sportsguy80 on November 14, 2017, 05:39:22 am
I thought of something else that could be a factor with these 2nd round games. How much does the bye week come into play? As a coach and player, I'd like to keep playing but I understand the format. Wonder if any slow starts and early mistakes will play a role or will the matchups take over in the end?

I think that bye played a big part for the teams that rested. Maybe moreso this year.  Just about every team that had a bye started out slow.   

Bryant -- Down 20-0 at the half
NLR --  Was only up 10-0 at the half
Bentonville -- Was only up 14-0 at the half....didn't score a td until 5 minutes left in the 2nd qtr
West  --  Was down by a couple of TDs at the half. 

With the exception of West all the other teams exlploded in the second half.   Probably just rust.

pigskin

NLR game was gonna be tied with 2ish minutes left in half by a 30something yard field goal that went wide left. Next play NLR had an 80 yard TD pass. Devastating turnaround for a hard fighting N.S. team. It pretty much was all downhill from there for the visitors. Lord only knows what might have happened if they'd connected with the field goal.

Walter

Momentum makes a heck of a difference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas