• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there a limit....

Started by vindication, January 16, 2008, 07:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vindication

Is there a limit on how many basketball tournaments you can play in during one season?

GeorgeWBush

The rule is:

18 games and 3 tournaments

or

20 games and 2 tournaments

vindication

Well I know of schools playing 20+ games so far and playing in 3 tournaments, so how can they do that? Will anything be done to them?

GeorgeWBush

I find it funny sometimes how many games teams play also.  I should have specified that this was for football schools.  I am not sure for non-football schools.  You can play four or five games in a tournament and three tournaments so you can get a lot of games there.  Coaches get very creative in their scheduling.  The answer to your question is no, nothing will ever be done to these schools. 

Bwana

January 16, 2008, 09:28:33 pm #4 Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:34:14 pm by Bwana
The Rule in AAA Handbook states;

Non-Football schools-28 games and 2 invitational tournys, they can add a 3rd tourny by dropping 3 regular season games..

Football schools-20 games and 2 invitational tournys, they can add a 3rd tourny by dropping 2 regular season games..

Each school is also allowed 1 benefit game with a percentage of proceeds going to the insurance fund..

Quite Frankly

mcnewfamily

were can you get one of these handbooks? i would like to have one.

Quite Frankly

oldguy_21

It would be too much trouble for the AAA to police the scheduling policy, and even if a team was to get caught they would just say it was a "B" game. 

Quite Frankly

Quote from: oldguy_21 on January 17, 2008, 02:39:18 pm
It would be too much trouble for the AAA to police the scheduling policy, and even if a team was to get caught they would just say it was a "B" game. 

To many people and too many records for that to slide by.  Just last year Northside got in trouble over the 5 Quarter rule.  This is the information age.  People track things and everyone is a cop.

Bwana

Quote from: Quite Frankly on January 17, 2008, 02:56:17 pm
Quote from: oldguy_21 on January 17, 2008, 02:39:18 pm

To many people and too many records for that to slide by.  Just last year Northside got in trouble over the 5 Quarter rule.  This is the information age.  People track things and everyone is a cop.
Thanks QF!! Now I'm really PARANOID !!

MikeDieselâ„¢

Quote from: GeorgeWBush on January 16, 2008, 09:19:56 pm
I find it funny sometimes how many games teams play also.  I should have specified that this was for football schools.  I am not sure for non-football schools.  You can play four or five games in a tournament and three tournaments so you can get a lot of games there.  Coaches get very creative in their scheduling.  The answer to your question is no, nothing will ever be done to these schools. 

I've seen a team have to forfeit a couple games or cancel a couple games at the end of the season.

It happens a LOT more in baseball since they overschedule games to make up for rainouts.

philgoodallday

It matters whether or not the tournaments are JV or Varsity, whether there are trophies awarded, etc.  <--From what I understand.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  Everyone else does.   :)

unbelievable

Didn't CAC's girls run into some type of problem like this a few years ago.  It seems as if they had to forfeit some conference games.  Could someone help to refresh my memory on this matter?  If this was the case and they had to lose some wins, then what is the difference, if it was illegal then, then is it not still illegal today?  Same crime, same punishment!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas