• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HIGH SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY

Started by rudy234life, January 02, 2008, 06:26:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rudy234life

My name is Roy Marshall Jr, in I am having problem pertaining eligibility because I'm a 3rd year freshmen but i just turned 16 because i got skipped when i was younger so i was wondering will i be able to play if I transferred to Arkansas from Wisconsin, I was having absences problems due to the job my mother worked, I turn 19 in 2011 the year I graduate in September.............Another problem what grade would I be considered if I came down there?

shotgunbilly3215

Depending on when you birthday fell, probably a 10th gradeer.

No Name

Quote from: rudy234life on January 02, 2008, 06:26:03 pm
My name is Roy Marshall Jr, in I am having problem pertaining eligibility because I'm a 3rd year freshmen but i just turned 16 because i got skipped when i was younger so i was wondering will i be able to play if I transferred to Arkansas from Wisconsin, I was having absences problems due to the job my mother worked, I turn 19 in 2011 the year I graduate in September.............Another problem what grade would I be considered if I came down there?

Arkansas Activities Association Web Site is www.ashaa.org, click on Hand Book and all the rules are in there.

Sport Fan

Your grade level would probably depend on how many credits you have to transfer to the school you move to in Arkansas.  Your counselor from your present school should contact the school district you will be moving to and check all of that for you. Good luck.

footballguy

Quote from: rudy234life on January 02, 2008, 06:26:03 pm

My son is a freshman he will be sixteen in december. I guess he will then be a sophomore. Your problem won't be for a few years. Depending on the cut off date and your birthday you may have to miss playing your senior year. I could be wrong but, I don't believe you can play after the age of 18. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Badger Cubs

From AAA Handbook - Page 27

Senior High. A senior high student is not eligible for interscholastic participation if the student's 19th birthday is on or before September 1.

Since your 19th birthday is after September 1, you should be able to play.  There may be other restrictions that may apply.  Check the web site. (link to hand book provided)

http://www.ahsaa.org/docs/AAA_Handbook_2007.pdf

MikeDieselâ„¢

Here's the rule from the AAA handbook for age eligibility

QuoteRule 7. AGE
A. Junior High. A junior high student is not eligible for junior high competition if the student's 16th birthday is on or before September 1.

NOTE: In the year a student in junior high school becomes too old for junior high participation, the student may be allowed to participate for the senior high if all other eligibility rules are met.

B. Senior High. A senior high student is not eligible for interscholastic participation if the student's 19th birthday is on or before September 1.

Rationale - The age rule and the semester rule are both attempts to equalize competition among athletes in AAA member schools as well as to encourage athletes to graduate with their class.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas