• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A/6A East, finally over

Started by ricepig, February 27, 2016, 10:34:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Jonesboro finishes with 39 consecutive conference victories, and their second 14-0 conference record. I had thought that the switch to the mixed 5A/6A conference would be a downturn, but I'm not so sure now. I don't like that the 18 conference games will restrict the  opportunities for non-conference matchup, but it should help with crowds and rivalries.

Redwolves8526

Saw a crazy stat today. Jonesboro is 57-1 in their last 58 games vs Arkansas opponents. Impressive to say the least

chickasaw fan

Ricepig, for some teams it will help, but I don't see anywhere it can help Jonesboro boys. The first or second squad wont be challenged every night. It will   allow the younger players to see the court sooner, games will be over by halftime.  That's the only plus for the canes.

ricepig

Quote from: chickasaw fan on February 27, 2016, 11:50:53 pm
Ricepig, for some teams it will help, but I don't see anywhere it can help Jonesboro boys. The first or second squad wont be challenged every night. It will   allow the younger players to see the court sooner, games will be over by halftime.  That's the only plus for the canes.

Well, playing Searcy and MH haven't been much of a challenge lately, either. Nettleton has been really good in their Jr high, and hopefully FC will still be good. One has to hope there is something to look forward in the change, because it's coming.

PatFan

Quote from: ricepig on February 28, 2016, 09:03:08 am
Well, playing Searcy and MH haven't been much of a challenge lately, either. Nettleton has been really good in their Jr high, and hopefully FC will still be good. One has to hope there is something to look forward in the change, because it's coming.

Marion gave Jonesboro a game in the first half on Friday. I thought that was interesting.

ricepig

Quote from: PatFan on February 28, 2016, 05:57:43 pm
Marion gave Jonesboro a game in the first half on Friday. I thought that was interesting.

Several teams have given them a game in the first half, so I guess you can hang your hat on that.......what happened in the 3rd quarter???

chickasaw fan

Ricepig, i saw where Starr Taylor committed to play basketball at A-State!! Good for her.  Will she be able to get some court time over there?

ricepig

Quote from: chickasaw fan on March 02, 2016, 10:56:48 am
Ricepig, i saw where Starr Taylor committed to play basketball at A-State!! Good for her.  Will she be able to get some court time over there?

I don't watch a lot of girls basketball, but she's talented, and truthfully, I don't know what State has coming back, or coming in this season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas