• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose @ Gurdon

Started by WorkOrder, September 15, 2014, 10:07:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkOrder

Both teams looking for their first win on this season.................... What do you think?

mhfcharlesi

Gurdon by a lot because Glen Rose lost to Bauxite who has struggled tremendously these past years!! Glen Rose must be way down.

crmorrow24

This one is going to be closer than most think. Go-Devils 22 - Beavers 21.

KOJACK

WorkOrder

Where are all of the Glen Rose posters? 8)

BUCK FEVER

I have Gurdon in this one..............the Go- Devils are not bad,  they have just lost to two good teams......they have lots of speed, some good skill players, #4 is impressive...............GR seems to have some problems to work out.

Gurdon 14+

Proud Buckaroo

September 15, 2014, 08:56:50 pm #6 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 08:58:26 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Gurdon may be low on numbers. But they are NOT low on talent. #3 will blow right through Glen Rose's line. Gurdon 28. Glen Rose 18.

RabidWolf

Number 3 is very very fast! He could never get in the open vs Prescott to show it off. I'm curious to see how this game goes. Gurdon seems to have the talent, just can't put it all together. GR seems miles away from what they were last few years.

Proud Buckaroo

He had the same problem with Smackover. He's a talented kid.I think number 23 is just as good as him.

KOJACK

Quote from: RabidWolf on September 15, 2014, 09:32:22 pm
Number 3 is very very fast! He could never get in the open vs Prescott to show it off. I'm curious to see how this game goes. Gurdon seems to have the talent, just can't put it all together. GR seems miles away from what they were last few years.
Without the dual threat qb from last year puts Gurdon in a bind. People are able to load the box and dare them to throw. Until Gurdon figures out their identity on offense and pound the rock they will be suspect. Once they do, they could be dangerous. Glen rose will be lucky to finish the year with the current staff.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

Watch #3 for Gurdon. He's the difference in the game. Big tough kid.

WildcatGrandpa13

Proud Buckaroo

I really think if Gurdon's quarterback works on his passing. They will go deep in the playoffs..

1964 Hogs

Gurdon to much speed in this one.  Gurdon by 20 over Glen Rose. 

RabidWolf

September 15, 2014, 11:58:57 pm #14 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:01:08 am by RabidWolf
Gurdon's qb, who the announcer called Peyton Manning, played like he was terrified against Prescott. He continually threw before his guys had finished routes, but the fact that his center couldn't snap it to him accurately didn't help anything and the oline gave him no time. I don't know what year he is, but he seemed to have a good arm, just no chance to show it. Didn't seem like much of a threat running it. They had one WR, 11 I think, that looked really tall and pretty fast but 8 wasn't able to ever get it to him. Just looked confused on offense for the most part.

Proud Buckaroo

That pretty much was how it was at Smackover. He never really gave them the chance. He threw the ball twice over their head, when they were about 10 yards away from it.

DeeGee

I don't see GR being a threat to anyone this year. Maybe a Peewee team. Ya'll are giving them credit saying they'll score 18. With what I've seen the last to weeks I was surprised we got 3 against Bauxite. It's a shame really.

Marcell Ledbetter

Looks like the band wagon is getting lighter in Beaver Nation. 

Just My Opinion

Fair assessment of the Go Devils.  Hoping to get the train back on track this week. Have talent but haven't quite got it together yet. 

DeeGee

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on September 16, 2014, 03:32:01 pm

I wouldn't say I'm a band Wagon fan. I've always been pretty honest about my opinion. The last 2 yrs they've had a great team. This year they don't have any outstanding players and are a young inexperienced team.

Megatron

Both programs are looking for a win, I got Gurdon in this one. Hoping Gurdon get things together before conference comes around. ...Gurdon 29-8

SuperTurfMonkey

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 15, 2014, 12:37:16 pm
Where are all of the Glen Rose posters? 8)
lol😂   you know where they are...

SuperTurfMonkey

Marcell Ledbetter

Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 16, 2014, 05:24:13 pm

I wouldn't say I'm a band Wagon fan. I've always been pretty honest about my opinion. The last 2 yrs they've had a great team. This year they don't have any outstanding players and are a young inexperienced team.

I base my opinion on your previous posts from seasons when the the Beavers were winning.  It appears your support for the program is driven by wins and your son's position on the depth chart. That fits my criteria for a "band wagon" fan.  But that's just my opinion, obviously yours is different.

hotdog7

Jackie football in open field will be hard for the beavers to handle...... but unless gurdon gets some help from guys like Cooper and Marlow in the passing game they may end this week 0-3

AmSycho

Quote from: Marcell Ledbetter on September 17, 2014, 06:53:29 am
Quote from: DeeGoldie on September 16, 2014, 05:24:13 pm

As an unbiased observer, I agree. I ran across another post where you were bashing the coaches for not playing everyone, mainly the favoritism of others over your son because he is training elsewhere. The past 2 years, up until the championship, you were praising the program. No disrespect, but that fits the bandwagoner profile to me.

I've got the Devils in this one. Too much total speed.

I base my opinion on your previous posts from seasons when the the Beavers were winning.  It appears your support for the program is driven by wins and your son's position on the depth chart. That fits my criteria for a "band wagon" fan.  But that's just my opinion, obviously yours is different.

adaptedtigerfan

DeeGee

September 17, 2014, 11:09:41 am #27 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:26:56 am by DeeGoldie
First of all I don't base my opinion on this team based on my son. I base it on them as a whole. I'm oh so very sure I said in the previous 2 years this team had stand out players and experience which this current years team lacks. Even if my son was on the field and played every play it would be of no help. Never did I say he was the key to the team. I base my opinion off of lack of experience and no stand out players. In the past 2 years we had Burton,  Ellis, Lankford,  Lackey, Leque, Kehner, Holicer,  all big play makers that have graduated. So base your opinion of me off facts not assumption.  But I'll still be there every Friday cheering them on like they are the best team I've ever seen on that field. They work their butts off just got some things to learn.

adaptedtigerfan

O yeah #22 and #7 were for sure standouts last year..  Punching refs and flipping off the crowd.

DeeGee

Well besides the inappropriate behavior that was obvious during state, they were play makers. A little hot headed yes. But them boys made some amazing plays over the last few years. Don't act as if them Charleston boys were all innocent. I know better. Neither team had any bragging rights as far as behavior. But that's old news, back to this team, they will hopefully find a stride that they are comfortable with. I'm sure they will. Kinda a rebuilding year. All teams have em.

jac12_06

Gurdon wins just because of how down GR is. As bad as it kills my soul to say the go-devils win anything.

WPWells

Dee, why don't you just accept GR? Charleston didn't have anyone flip off the opposing stands or push a referee. Charleston pulled their starters when the game got out of hand. It didn't take any genius to see who the more sportsmanlike team was. I'm not condoning Charleston's behavior, but in 5 years will people remember a late hit out of bounds or someone jawing after the play, or will they remember a player flipping off the opposing team's fans or shoving a referee? Charleston and GR should not be mentioned simultaneously when talking about class

DeeGee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 17, 2014, 02:39:02 pm
Dee, why don't you just accept GR? Charleston didn't have anyone flip off the opposing stands or push a referee. Charleston pulled their starters when the game got out of hand. It didn't take any genius to see who the more sportsmanlike team was. I'm not condoning Charleston's behavior, but in 5 years will people remember a late hit out of bounds or someone jawing after the play, or will they remember a player flipping off the opposing team's fans or shoving a referee? Charleston and GR should not be mentioned simultaneously when talking about class

By no means am I condoning any actions of our players. Or staff for that matter. And yes I'm sure all GR fans walked out with their heads down. By far was the most embarrassing game I've ever attended. I didn't however bring all that up. I was just referring to players we've had over the last few years that were play makers. Something we don't have right now. This soooo got turned in the wrong direction. Wasn't even bringing that game up. That was another Charleston poster. Calm down there.

adaptedtigerfan

You just said standout players and them 2 are the only ones that stood out to me!

OLDSCHOOL82

12th and adapted.  Are ya'll one in the same or do you just follow each other around the boards?  Kind of jealous.  I dont have a tag along.

WPWells

Ask anyone from Charleston who we are. The two of us and Painted Fan are the three Charleston posters whose identities are very apparent

DeeGee

I wasn't referring to the state game. I was simply meaning they were play makers the last few years. Yes they really "stood" out in that game but my reference was taken into a total different direction. I was simply comparing players of the past few years to this year's team.

adaptedtigerfan

I guess I need to work on my comprehension then.  Lol

adaptedtigerfan

And no sir OLDSCHOOL we r not the same.

WPWells

I took offense to the shot you took at Charleston

DeeGee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 17, 2014, 05:20:14 pm
I took offense to the shot you took at Charleston
Ummm I was responding to adapted??? Nothing was brought up about the state game by me until he brought it to light about #22 and #7. So if you're going to take offense then maybe they should have never been brought up???? By no means did I take offense. Responded as to what my opinion was.

Proud Buckaroo

This thread has de-railed....

DeeGee

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 17, 2014, 06:08:09 pm
This thread has de-railed....

Lol. Yes it has! Why???? No clue. Everything seems to always go back to last December. Next!!!!!

Runfastturnleft

I heard Gr has a kid that runs a 4.6

Maybe they could unleash him?

DeeGee

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on September 17, 2014, 06:37:16 pm
I heard Gr has a kid that runs a 4.6

Maybe they could unleash him?

Oh geez!! Give it a rest!! lol you guys humor me! Next!!!!

adaptedtigerfan

I can tell u want they do have..   Nahhhh. I will just keep it to myself.

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 17, 2014, 06:58:35 pm
I can tell u want they do have..   Nahhhh. I will just keep it to myself.
A ton of sophomores!!!! Lol
And I haven't a clue if any of them are gonna act a fool cause I only went to 1 Jr. High game last year. I honestly only know 2 of the sophomores names. Sad really but I'm sure I'll figure them out or I'll just call em by their number. The struggle!!!

quicksand

Quote from: SuperTurfMonkey on September 17, 2014, 06:43:56 am
Gurdon wins
we may not know for a while tonight.  it seems score reporters are not active when their team is losing

KOJACK

I heard the first one with 3 first downs will be declared winner. ;D

RabidWolf

I heard first with a play over 6 yards. Predicting a tie in Gtown

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas